Anime Central Forums: ACEN Cosplay Fitness thread! - Anime Central Forums

• 40 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ACEN Cosplay Fitness thread! Another year, another opportunity to reach our goals!

#1141 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 45794

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:14 PM

Ugh I did all my errands and got to the gym only to find that I forgot my gym bag with my running shoes and water bottle in it. So I didn't run today, and I can't tomorrow to make up for it.

I need to run to help me deal with all this stress. Christmas is killing me this year.
Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

Cosplays 2013:
Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi - Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG (picture)
Saturday: Chell - Portal 2 (picture)
Sunday: Ness(female version) - Earthbound/Super Smash Bros. (picture)

#1142 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:00 AM

I'd just love to be going to gym lately..but I'm trying not to spread teh sick to everyone in the gym. It is close to being gone so as soon as it goes, back in I go.

#1143 User is offline   Lelo 

• Merchandise Staff
  • Pip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 25302

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:52 PM

So much for improving my diet... my mom's in town so we had pizza, popcorn, and candy while we watched old movies. Also, I think I'm lactose intolerant? DX

Luckily, I told my boyfriend about my fitness plans and he's agreed to be my workout buddy, so that'll keep me motivated!
Merchandise salesgirl extraordinaire 2012, 2013, 2014

2014 cosplay:
Friday -- Mirai Kuriyama from Kyoukai no Kanata
Saturday -- Winry Rockbell from Fullmetal Alchemist
Sunday -- zebra mask shenanigans!

my Fullmetal Alchemist tumblr

#1144 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• IRT Dispatch
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Forum Staff
  • Member No.: 3041

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:56 PM

View Postrondo, on 17 December 2013 - 09:00 AM, said:

I'd just love to be going to gym lately..but I'm trying not to spread teh sick to everyone in the gym. It is close to being gone so as soon as it goes, back in I go.

Me too :( Granted, my hubs and I still have to actually get our membership, since we only had a trial week. (Even then, I was only able to go for one day, since that week was screwy as all get - but at least that one day was enough for me to report back and say "We should totally do this place; I love it!") But thankfully we're planning to get that squared away after the holidays, so I'll have time to get over this cold.

View PostLelo, on 17 December 2013 - 01:52 PM, said:

So much for improving my diet... my mom's in town so we had pizza, popcorn, and candy while we watched old movies. Also, I think I'm lactose intolerant? DX

Luckily, I told my boyfriend about my fitness plans and he's agreed to be my workout buddy, so that'll keep me motivated!

It's okay to have a bad day or three. If anything it can actually help, since it can stave off cravings and binges. You just have to try to get back on track after said "bad day" and keep motivated. (Plus, the holiday season can be godawful for diets. It's incredibly difficult for me to keep to a diet this time of year no matter what I do.)
ACen 2009 - Merchandising Staff
ACen 2010 - IRT Operative
ACen 2011-2013 - IRT Dispatch
Callsign: Valkyrie
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

#1145 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:17 PM

View PostValkyrie, on 17 December 2013 - 03:56 PM, said:

It's okay to have a bad day or three. If anything it can actually help, since it can stave off cravings and binges. You just have to try to get back on track after said "bad day" and keep motivated. (Plus, the holiday season can be godawful for diets. It's incredibly difficult for me to keep to a diet this time of year no matter what I do.)

During Christmas time it is almost impossible to stick to a diet. I think everyone struggles with this. There are cookies literally everywhere, and all those nummy holiday drinks, and so many candy canes.

Cosplays 2013:

#1146 User is offline   Lelo 

• Merchandise Staff
  • Pip

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:24 PM

Yeah, this whole holiday thing is pretty impossible. Especially because my grandma is the sort of person who is CONSTANTLY feeding people! I think I'm going to have to declare a break until the holidays are over, and then I'll really focus on getting fit. Plus, I'm so busy trying to finish knitting everyone's presents by Christmas that I just don't have the time to exercise. >_<

2014 cosplay:

#1147 User is offline   Fantasia 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 63205

Posted 25 December 2013 - 06:24 PM

although my waist has gotten trimmed down, the tummy has not. any tIps to get rid of that? XD
ACen COSPLAYS 2014:

Imp Midna LoZ Twilight Princess
Crona
Mirai Kuriyama

#1148 User is offline   Saikyo_Master 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 49931

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:40 PM

Happy New Year, everyone! ACen isn't too far away and I wanted to pop in to see how everyone's doing in regards to getting themselves ready for their cosplay ^_^

I've decided to do a genderbend of Edward from Cowboy Bebop and I'm kinda more nervous about his movements than the build of the body. Any advice regarding calisthetics or aerobics to increase my flexibility and ability to do handstands would be so very helpful because....I currently suck at them ;-;

Posted Image

Posted Image

Anywho, let's sound off for the 2014 streeeetch!~ :D
Saikyo is the basis of every single martial art! They just don't know it yet...>.>!

ACen 2014 Cosplay

Genderbent Edward (Cowboy Bebop)

#1149 User is offline   Lelo 

• Merchandise Staff
  • Pip

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:11 PM

All I can say is damn, you have a great body! Very muscle, much strong. You're going to make such an awesome Edward!

Personally, I'm not really improving much with food -- I just can't stay away from chocolate -- but I picked out some classes today at the nearest L.A. Fitness. Just have to sign up once I can work out a schedule with the people in my life who can drive (narcoleptics can't drive, alas).

This post has been edited by Lelo: 04 January 2014 - 07:11 PM

2014 cosplay:

#1150 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 57517

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:08 AM

New Year, New YOU!

Ya so what our fitness goals for this year? I heard if you keep the goals simple you are most likely to succeed! Gonna try for little or no soda again and workout for at least 30 minutes a day.
I'm Just A Girl In The World
Take A Good Look At Me
Just Your Typical Prototype...

#1151 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• IRT Dispatch
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:00 AM

I have two goals in mind: get better at walking and running, and get back into swimming. The latter was my husband's idea; although I swim as well as a rock, as long as I have a kickboard or something I'm more or less fine in a pool. Plus, swimming is great for workouts, so I just have to figure out how to work that into a workout routine. :)
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

#1152 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:03 AM

View PostValkyrie, on 05 January 2014 - 03:00 AM, said:

I have two goals in mind: get better at walking and running, and get back into swimming. The latter was my husband's idea; although I swim as well as a rock, as long as I have a kickboard or something I'm more or less fine in a pool. Plus, swimming is great for workouts, so I just have to figure out how to work that into a workout routine. Posted Image

My dad swims laps every morning at the high school's pool. It really helped him lose tons of weight along with an extreme diet plan my parents did. I would do this too, but I dye my hair and swimming would ruin it. :<

Cosplays 2013:

#1153 User is offline   Lelo 

• Merchandise Staff
  • Pip

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:29 AM

View PostJujuFox, on 05 January 2014 - 07:03 AM, said:

My dad swims laps every morning at the high school's pool. It really helped him lose tons of weight along with an extreme diet plan my parents did. I would do this too, but I dye my hair and swimming would ruin it. :<

I know dat feel, I've done pink, purple, and turquoise. Pools are a disaster zone for dyed hair. I guess you could always use a swim cap, but I was always too paranoid for that. >_<

2014 cosplay:

#1154 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:57 PM

View PostLelo, on 05 January 2014 - 07:29 AM, said:

I know dat feel, I've done pink, purple, and turquoise. Pools are a disaster zone for dyed hair. I guess you could always use a swim cap, but I was always too paranoid for that. >_<

I tried a real nice professional swim cap once, and I hated it. It did slightly leak in, was too tight, and made me look stupid. It was an all around bad time.

I have to stop doing the fun colors in the summer so I can actually enjoy the pool. Our apartment has a nice once that I never use!

Cosplays 2013:

#1155 User is offline   Rinzle 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 62857

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:32 AM

My scale died so i have no idea where im at weight wise although seeing as how my measurements havent changed much i dont think i have lost any weight (the fat refuses to leave)........ slightly frustrating when photographs really do add 10 to 15 lbs to me. If i can lose 15-20 by the time i have to start sewing i will be happy.

This post has been edited by Rinzle: 13 January 2014 - 02:36 AM

ACen 2014 cosplays
Entire Weekend I will either be in Neo queen serenity or Princess serenity
Past Cons
Otakon 2013-Anime Midwest 2013-ACen 2013-Anime Milwaukee 2013-ACen 2011- No Brand Con 2008-
Past cosplays
Neo Queen Serenity v.1-Usagi Tsukino School uniform-Yuna FFX-Princess Serenity-

#1156 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:53 AM

I hate being reminded of my weight, even my family nickname means it. As I entered the office last night, my coworker goes "There she blows," instead of "There she goes." Even my manger pointed out that they were calling me a whale. No, no, no, no! Just wait and see!
Take A Good Look At Me

#1157 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• IRT Dispatch
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:53 AM

View PostRinzle, on 13 January 2014 - 02:32 AM, said:

My scale died so i have no idea where im at weight wise although seeing as how my measurements havent changed much i dont think i have lost any weight (the fat refuses to leave)........ slightly frustrating when photographs really do add 10 to 15 lbs to me. If i can lose 15-20 by the time i have to start sewing i will be happy.

Scales tend to lie hardcore, moreso than measurements do. There's a good way to look at this: "It takes 4 weeks for you to notice a difference, 8 weeks for your friends/family to notice, and 12 for the rest of the world." Sometimes those timeframes will vary from person to person, of course, but that's essentially how it works if you keep a routine going.

#1158 User is offline   Lelo 

• Merchandise Staff
  • Pip

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:16 AM

I've got a cold, but I managed to work out for 90 minutes today and yesterday, so I'm feeling proud of myself! I haven't really made any progress, except that I'm not getting winded as quickly when I walk to school (I live a few miles away so I spend about 80-90 minutes walking each day). Hopefully I can tame my love handles and my thighs by May.

Also, there should be a gym that plays anime on the tv's. I would attend that gym so hard.

2014 cosplay:

#1159 User is offline   Lelo 

• Merchandise Staff
  • Pip

Posted 04 February 2014 - 03:27 PM

How's everybody doing? Personally I think I'm getting more used to this whole workout thing. I'm certainly feeling more confident. Biked a total of 3 hours this weekend and I've also been doing Just Dance on my Wii. I'm going to try some new exercises tomorrow that one of my friends recommended to me. Anyway, I hope you're all doing well!

2014 cosplay:

#1160 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:55 PM

View PostLelo, on 04 February 2014 - 03:27 PM, said:

How's everybody doing? Personally I think I'm getting more used to this whole workout thing. I'm certainly feeling more confident. Biked a total of 3 hours this weekend and I've also been doing Just Dance on my Wii. I'm going to try some new exercises tomorrow that one of my friends recommended to me. Anyway, I hope you're all doing well!

That's great! Keep up that momentum! Dancing is a great way to get all the muscles moving.

Bad news for me though. I just got really busy the past two weeks and have had no time to go to the gym, which is so unlike me! I was begin so consistent.

I will be going to the gym tomorrow and Friday for sure! I haven't been able to get the scale to make any significant drops lately, so I have to figure out what I need to do to get down this plateau.

Cosplays 2013:

#1161 User is offline   TopHatShaw 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 59305

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:05 PM

I've been slacking very badly this month after about 5 months of progress. Going to be kicking it into high gear these 3 month before ACen. Shirtless cosplays are intimidating.

To everyone else. Keep up the good work or step it up (depending on your situation haha)
Anime Planet:
http://www.anime-pla...ers/FeelTheShaw

ACen 2014: Jecht from Final Fantasy X + Hard Gay Aikurou
Instagram: TopHatShaw <---Follow me =)

FACEBook: http://www.facebook.com/SGCosplay

#1162 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:58 PM

View PostJujuFox, on 04 February 2014 - 04:55 PM, said:

That's great! Keep up that momentum! Dancing is a great way to get all the muscles moving.

Bad news for me though. I just got really busy the past two weeks and have had no time to go to the gym, which is so unlike me! I was begin so consistent.

I will be going to the gym tomorrow and Friday for sure! I haven't been able to get the scale to make any significant drops lately, so I have to figure out what I need to do to get down this plateau.

If your on a plateau try working out for a little bit longer. Tip from watching Dr. Oz Show.

I so been bad for a while I'm trying to quit sugar again, and I have been dancing when I can. I'm still watching what I'm eating and it helps when my coworkers are eating healthy so I have healthy snacks until my break. My sister is on a carb free diet so there are a lot of fruits and vegetables around my house so I have no choice but to eat the vegetables that my sister keeps forgetting. I realized that I hate kale, taste weird. :thumbdown: I'm watching Dr. Oz Show and it helps that January is about keeping your New Year resolution of eating healthy or losing weight.

We can do it! Even if it's baby steps.
Take A Good Look At Me

#1163 User is offline   lizzyfizzy 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 63559

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:10 PM

View PostTopHatShaw, on 04 February 2014 - 06:05 PM, said:

I've been slacking very badly this month after about 5 months of progress. Going to be kicking it into high gear these 3 month before ACen. Shirtless cosplays are intimidating.

To everyone else. Keep up the good work or step it up (depending on your situation haha)

Good luck with your cosplay!! I've also been getting out of shape since the last ACen con lolz. I feel ya...
Gotta get that flat tummy by May. :)

#1164 User is offline   lizzyfizzy 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 63559

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:22 PM

View PostLelo, on 04 February 2014 - 03:27 PM, said:

Biking is really great for losing fat..well everywhere :D I'm also trying to bike more (if the weather permits). Where do you normally bike? on the road? trails?
I like Just Dance too! I'd also recommend ZUMBA classes if you like working out with other people.
Good luck with your fitness goals everyone!! 3 more months left until con~ :happydance:

#1165 User is offline   WatchJessieGo 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 63035

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:39 PM

So I've lost 17 pounds since last ACen, reaching my goal weight of 125 - 130 and coming down to a size 6. I just need to tone a bit for my Lara cosplay and I'll be good! Now, as for the time and motivation to do so, that's another story... ^^"
ACen 2014 cosplay:
Lara Croft (2013 ver.) - Tomb Raider - 98%
Shirahoshi Hime - One Piece - 45%
Erio Touwa - Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko - 98%
Tsumugi Kotobuki (Waitress ver.) - K-ON! - 100%
Sengoku Nadeko - Bakemonogatari - 90%

#1166 User is offline   Akushou 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 12064

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:51 AM

Finally got myself a gym membership! My eating habits are still atrocious, but at least now I can work off some of those extra calories. Anyone have any tips for getting rid of muffin tops (since that's my main issue)?
ACen 2014 Costume Lineup

- Sesshoumaru (Inuyasha) | 99% complete
- Pyrrha Nikos (RWBY)| 60% complete
- Shizuo Heiwajima (Durarara!!) | 100% complete

#1167 User is offline   WatchJessieGo 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 63035

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:20 AM

Standing up properly can reduce muffin top quite a bit. I have a pair of pants and the difference between slight muffin top and no muffin top is standing up straight. So that will help. ^^
ACen 2014 cosplay:
Lara Croft (2013 ver.) - Tomb Raider - 98%
Shirahoshi Hime - One Piece - 45%
Erio Touwa - Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko - 98%
Tsumugi Kotobuki (Waitress ver.) - K-ON! - 100%
Sengoku Nadeko - Bakemonogatari - 90%

#1168 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:47 PM

View PostAkushou, on 11 February 2014 - 10:51 AM, said:

Finally got myself a gym membership! My eating habits are still atrocious, but at least now I can work off some of those extra calories. Anyone have any tips for getting rid of muffin tops (since that's my main issue)?

That can be a tough area. What helped me was doing all different types of crunches(cross, vertical leg, bicycle, etc) to build up and strengthen those core muscles. Couple that with cardio and a good diet and you should be able to slim that area down.

Remember, you have to create a calorie deficit to lose weight. That is done by expending more calories than you consume through exercise. If you are dieting or changing your eating habits make sure to keep your metabolism up. Starvation dieting works against you by shutting down your metabolism to conserve calories.

After my workout yesterday I decided I need to run for more than 30 mins, as MsLovelyCookie suggested. I'm also increasing the incline. That scale has not budged and it's driving me crazy! >__<; Hopefully this change will help me get off the plateau.

Cosplays 2013:

#1169 User is offline   Agatha 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 61511

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:48 PM

Lost 23 pounds (yay!) but I'd like to lose more. I started doing martial arts again, which helps! I also discovered MyFitnessPal and it's awesome 'cause it's just so convenient.

I've lost a lot of fat but I'd really like to build more muscle, so I'm probably gonna start lifting weights again. It's a little difficult to keep up with that because I tend to get discouraged at the absolute wimpiness of my arms, hah. Hopefully being motivated for ACen will help with that!

#1170 User is offline   Kent 

• Berserker
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 61118

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:48 PM

Its that time a year again that I have to be going to the gym again to lose some weight and get in shape for my costume.
Cosplay 2014 is a improved Cactuar and something 8-bit Final Fantasy(not cactuar)!
Anime Conventions 2014 AMKE, ACen, Anime Midwest and some random ones

• 40 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users