Anime Central Forums: ACEN Cosplay Fitness thread! - Anime Central Forums

• 40 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ACEN Cosplay Fitness thread! Another year, another opportunity to reach our goals!

#1111 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 45794

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:05 PM

I've had a crazy summer, but now that it's fall I'm hoping to get back into a consistent schedule. I'm not ready to weigh myself yet, but I'm feeling good in my clothes.

I'll be running outdoors while the weather is still nice, but when it's not I'll be hitting the gym again.

Keep it up everyone! Winter is coming!
Attending since 2005 ~ Artist Alley '06, '11, '12, '13, & '14

Cosplays 2014: Friday: Ness(female version) Saturday: Chell Sunday: Myself
Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

#1112 User is offline   sithmuffin 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 19203

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:29 PM

My goal for next ACen is to cosplay as Harley Quinn in her original skin tight jumpsuit... maybe I should start looking at this thread more
ACen 2014 cosplays:
Espeon (updated)
Harley Quinn (hopefully updated)

#1113 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• IRT Dispatch
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 3041

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:04 PM

As it happens, I'll be going to a friend's wedding on the eve of BronyCon next year...so now's as good a time as any to get back in the groove.

Went shopping for low-carb diet supplies earlier (since I hate shopping when it's hot out, and it's gonna be unpleasantly warm for the next few days), and I'll be getting back into my workout routine. Gonna be getting some One-A-Day metabolism supplements as well, since I could use the boost. At least with this new diet, I'm encouraged to eat whatever (within reason) on weekends, so it won't be as easy to fall off the wagon again!
ACen 2009 - Merchandising Staff
ACen 2010 - IRT Operative
ACen 2011-2013 - IRT Dispatch
Callsign: Valkyrie
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

#1114 User is offline   Rinzle 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 62857

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:01 AM

Time to start kicking myself in the a double s. No more soda sweets are hard to cut out since im the one that does the doughnut order at work every morning. So now that i weigh 190lbs with a 40inch waist with needing to lose between 30-40 lbs before next ACen, time to start kicking myself and use that gym membership which i have had for over a year. I started seriously working out in the last couple of weeks i really havent noticed much weight loss per say but i have noticed changes so i guess thats a good thing. Anywhoooo will try to keep posting here as i progress
ACen 2015 cosplays
Himino- Pretear - Plant
Irelia base sking - League of Legends
Past Cons
ACen 2014-Otakon 2013-Anime Midwest 2013-ACen 2013-Anime Milwaukee 2013-ACen 2011- No Brand Con 2008-
Past cosplays
Neo Queen Serenity V.1 & V.2-Usagi Tsukino School uniform-Yuna FFX-Princess Serenity-

#1115 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:19 AM

It's fall, and I've still been running running running!

We've switched from buying soda to buying sparkling water. We only buy the brands that don't sweeten with anything, and they are all good. I even found a cool recipe for making your own flavored sparkling water...

Cucumber Mint Sparkling Water:
In a glass toss in 3 bruised fresh mint leaves, 3 extremely thin slices of cucumber, and add ice on top. Pour in plain sparkling water. Enjoy.

Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

#1116 User is offline   Rinzle 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:33 AM

Kiwi Orange Smoothie

8ice cubes
2 kiwi
a fruit cup of mandarin oranges(include the juice)
5 spinach leaves

You do need a smoothie machine or blended that crushes ice for this.
I had this for breakfast the other day and it gave me a good 4 hours of what seemed like a caffeine high but.... it was essentially all natural sugar. It was quite yummy
ACen 2015 cosplays
Himino- Pretear - Plant
Past Cons
ACen 2014-Otakon 2013-Anime Midwest 2013-ACen 2013-Anime Milwaukee 2013-ACen 2011- No Brand Con 2008-
Past cosplays
Neo Queen Serenity V.1 & V.2-Usagi Tsukino School uniform-Yuna FFX-Princess Serenity-

#1117 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 57517

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:13 PM

So I went to the doctors for my 3 month check up and I gained wait. I blame my coworker who kept feeding me foods. I joined Shaytober, click here to learn more, to have a reminder everyday to get my butt motivated and moving. I have been trying to eat healthy and make smarter food choices. It's not easy but at least, I'm trying my best.
I'm Just A Girl In The World
Take A Good Look At Me
Just Your Typical Prototype...

Registration Staff: 2012-2014

#1118 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• IRT Dispatch
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:27 PM

I recently bought a jumprope, body ball, and a new analog dial scale. I seem to be doing relatively okay diet-wise, I just need to put together a steady workout routine and stick to it as much as possible. Plus, I registered myself and my parents' dog for the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary virtual run/walk (half-marathon), so I'm gonna be taking my parents' dog for walks to get those miles going~

Also tempted to try taking up yoga. But one thing at a time.
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

#1119 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 18090

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:05 PM

I actually was really surprised today.
I apparently lost 18lbs since February. I'm down to 145 which is about my goal. ^_^
Now I just want to tone my abs a bit but it was nice to see that number pop up on the scale.

It was especially nice because I plan to do Angewomon this upcoming year and that means I will be baring a lot more skin than I am used to. I want to look my best/ feel comfortable like that so I don't regret taking on this cosplay. ^_^
A-Cen 2014 Cosplay (links are of me): Angewomon (Digimon) / Sailor Luna (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon) / Hikaru (Angelic Layer) /
CURRENTLY SELLING ANIME/MANGA/WALLSCROLLS! PM FOR MORE INFORMATION!
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2013: Pocahontas //// Raven (Teen Titans TV Series)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2011:Edward Elric //// Anthy (Rose Bride) //// Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Diva(Final Battle)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2010:Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Saya (Vietnam/Crazy Form) //// Sailor Pluto //// Anthy (Rose Bride)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2009:Diva(Final Battle) //// Sailor Pluto //// Edward Elric
The Official "Forum Kitten", A Rini Fangirl, TekoMuto fan

#1120 User is offline   Samguin 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61739

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:27 PM

Hello everyone.
I am joining the ranks of those wanting to lose weight, especially before ACen. Been walking, jogging and exercises in the morning and evening...hoping
I can make my goal weight before then T_T.
Possible ACen 2014 Cosplay lineup

Friday - ??
Saturday - Snorlax Gijinka

#1121 User is offline   Rinzle 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:51 AM

wooooo im 5lbs down i know its mainly water weight but still 5lbs is 5 lbs!!!!!!!!
ACen 2015 cosplays
Himino- Pretear - Plant
Past Cons
Past cosplays

#1122 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:57 PM

I went to the gym today! I haven't been there since the spring since I've been running outdoors all summer. Now that it's in the 40s I'm going to be doing my running on the treadmill and I'm going to start doing weights again.

So I walk in to find that they've repainted the walls... although in a very odd manner. Some walls, seemingly at random are blue, orange, or sea foam green. It's like Bears colors, but with this horrible pale green. They also never repainted the window trim which is bright red. So all in all my gym looks terrible, but at least it's cheap and has the equipment I need.

#1123 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:40 AM

How many of you are still in the fitness mind? I'm getting back into the swing of things of working out at least 30 minutes.
Take A Good Look At Me

#1124 User is offline   eat_me_for_I_am_peeps 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59774

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:16 PM

We should all go to a gym, I know I'm getting a membership soon :D
Need some Rave Gear? I got you! http://kittyandquinn.../kittysravegear

#1125 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:34 PM

Yeah, I'm getting back into it..ugh.

#1126 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:39 PM

I've been hitting the gym all this week! I didn't today because my church's youth group is doing a late night event tonight, and I didn't want to be all tired and sore. I have to run around with a video camera and run the sound system all night!

I'm hoping that getting back to the gym this winter will help me get closer to my weight loss goal. Let's do this!

#1127 User is offline   Jadante 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 12483

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:43 PM

I thiiiink my actual weight is probably in the healthy range, but I'd like to lose some fat off my stomach, so I'm going to try and get into a regime for that. I might have to talk to a doctor, though, because I have a bunch of health B.S. that prevents me from doing about 95% of any exercises DX So that might postpone my start.
ACen 2013 - Pharaoh Atem
ACen 2011, 2012 - Summoner Yuna, Sailor Yuna
ACen 2009, 2010 - Summoner Yuna
ACen 2008 - Summoner Yuna, Eternal Sailor Jupiter, Kino Makoto (Schoolgirl)
ACen 2007 - Original character (Enika)
ACen 2006 - Eternal Sailor Jupiter
ACen 2005 - Original character (Jakoku)

#1128 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:21 AM

View PostJadante, on 11 November 2013 - 11:43 PM, said:

I thiiiink my actual weight is probably in the healthy range, but I'd like to lose some fat off my stomach, so I'm going to try and get into a regime for that. I might have to talk to a doctor, though, because I have a bunch of health B.S. that prevents me from doing about 95% of any exercises DX So that might postpone my start.

It's always a good idea to get checked out by a doctor before starting a fitness plan!

#1129 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• IRT Dispatch
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:18 AM

Who's got two thumbs and did her first 5k yesterday? YO. :D Did the Long Grove Turkey Trot - I couldn't run it, but I did pepper in a few short jogs as I walked. I was far from first, but I wasn't last (a few girls in my age group were behind me, and 18 people finished after me). My time was 1 hour and 48 seconds, which was right within my estimate - and that was without stopping the entire way. Needless to say, I'm still achy, but it's a good hurt. I take that to mean that my body's cool with me doing this so long as I actually train for it!

#1130 User is offline   feuerwerke 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 63062

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:41 AM

I really need to make time to actually go to a gym, but my class schedule is making that hard. I have been using ankle weights and doing crunches in my apartment, at least.
ACen 2014 cosplays
  • Junko Enoshima

#1131 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:46 PM

View PostValkyrie, on 29 November 2013 - 09:18 AM, said:

Who's got two thumbs and did her first 5k yesterday? YO. :D/> Did the Long Grove Turkey Trot - I couldn't run it, but I did pepper in a few short jogs as I walked. I was far from first, but I wasn't last (a few girls in my age group were behind me, and 18 people finished after me). My time was 1 hour and 48 seconds, which was right within my estimate - and that was without stopping the entire way. Needless to say, I'm still achy, but it's a good hurt. I take that to mean that my body's cool with me doing this so long as I actually train for it!

I wanna do my first 5k one of these days. It'll likely be when it is a little warmer.

#1132 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:59 PM

Who's got two thumbs and did her first 5k yesterday? YO. :D/> Did the Long Grove Turkey Trot - I couldn't run it, but I did pepper in a few short jogs as I walked. I was far from first, but I wasn't last (a few girls in my age group were behind me, and 18 people finished after me). My time was 1 hour and 48 seconds, which was right within my estimate - and that was without stopping the entire way. Needless to say, I'm still achy, but it's a good hurt. I take that to mean that my body's cool with me doing this so long as I actually train for it!

YAY! Congratulations on your first 5K!

So how many of you actually gave in to the temptation of Thanksgiving feast? My work gave us food but I had a coupon for a free burrito that I earned and gave my food to my dad.
Take A Good Look At Me

#1133 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:24 PM

Who's got two thumbs and did her first 5k yesterday? YO. Posted Image Did the Long Grove Turkey Trot - I couldn't run it, but I did pepper in a few short jogs as I walked. I was far from first, but I wasn't last (a few girls in my age group were behind me, and 18 people finished after me). My time was 1 hour and 48 seconds, which was right within my estimate - and that was without stopping the entire way. Needless to say, I'm still achy, but it's a good hurt. I take that to mean that my body's cool with me doing this so long as I actually train for it!

Good job! If you keep working at it you'll only get better and better!

View PostMsLovelyCookie, on 29 November 2013 - 12:59 PM, said:

So how many of you actually gave in to the temptation of Thanksgiving feast? My work gave us food but I had a coupon for a free burrito that I earned and gave my food to my dad.

My dad's side does the whole Thanksgiving dinner day, so I ate all the traditional foods, had seconds, had dessert, had seconds of that, and almost exploded I was so full! It was a lot of fun, but next year I'm going to try to not eat quite as much. It was just all so tasty I couldn't help it! Thanksgiving is the only holiday that my family does the traditional route. For Christmas we have pizza and Chinese food. :P

I only went to the gym once this week, but I'm going three times next week for sure. We have a whole winter season ahead of us to get in shape before the spring hits, so lets all keep exercising to reach our goals!

#1134 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• IRT Dispatch
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:40 PM

Thanks guys! <3 I certainly plan to get better - my grandpa used to run marathons all the time (including the Boston Marathon - twice), so I figure I can work my way in that direction too~

This week was pretty awful in terms of food. I did my best to be good yesterday, though I did end up partaking in more dessert than I intended. And I may or may not have channeled my inner Animal (Muppets) for one of the turkey legs. But I can make up for that over the weekend, and my husband's going to be getting me a gym membership as a late bday present, so I don't have to feel quite as guilty. ^^;

#1135 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:32 AM

I know that Thanksgiving is for the food lovers so it should be fine, one day won't hurt. :lol: Now that school is back in session, that means no more sleeping in and staying up all night. Oh I can't wait for winter break just 3 more weeks and then my 3 month doctor's appointment. Let's see if I can lose more weight than what I gained last time. Wish me luck!
Take A Good Look At Me

#1136 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:38 PM

View PostMsLovelyCookie, on 02 December 2013 - 11:32 AM, said:

I know that Thanksgiving is for the food lovers so it should be fine, one day won't hurt. Posted Image Now that school is back in session, that means no more sleeping in and staying up all night. Oh I can't wait for winter break just 3 more weeks and then my 3 month doctor's appointment. Let's see if I can lose more weight than what I gained last time. Wish me luck!

Good luck!

I just got back from the gym. I only went once last week due to the holiday and having to do stuff the day before and after Thanksgiving. So I've got to make sure it's 3 days a week from here on out! No excuses!

#1137 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• IRT Dispatch
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:24 PM

I was gonna start up my trial week at the gym today. However, my body had different ideas, since I only got 3 hours of sleep last night. (Wasn't for lack of trying on my part. :/) I'm planning to give it a shot tomorrow instead.

#1138 User is offline   Rinzle 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:24 AM

ive gotta get back into taking the xbox over from my mom to work with the kinect trainer sadly money because extremely tight for me and i had to give up my gym membership. I have managed to lose 10lbs but i have sneaky suspicion that if i dont start doing something thats all going to come back (or i just feel bloated today *raises closed shaking fist to thanksgiving*). So i found this regime called ballet beautiful that i want to try. Its meant to help strenghten and create lean muscle i also want to start some basic yoga to go with that too.
ACen 2015 cosplays
Himino- Pretear - Plant
Past Cons
Past cosplays

#1139 User is offline   Lelo 

• Merchandise Staff
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 25302

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:14 PM

Must... stop... baking... cookies...

I'm not necessarily trying to lose weight, but I want to be fitter. All the ice cream and mac and cheese and pizza are starting to make my thighs and butt a bit too soft, at least if I plan on cosplaying characters in short skirts. I'm kicking my diet in the butt, changing my snacking habits to include raw veggies, making use of our juicer. And in addition to walking/biking to school, I'm thinking of taking some sort of class next semester (yoga? kickboxing?) and spending some time at the gym. I've recently become very fond of ellipticals!

And way to go Rinzle! 10 pounds, eff yeah!
Merchandise salesgirl extraordinaire 2012, 2013, 2014

2014 cosplay:
Friday -- Winry Rockbell from Fullmetal Alchemist
Saturday -- Winry Rockbell from Fullmetal Alchemist
Sunday -- you guessed it, Winry again, and then zebra mask shenanigans!

my Fullmetal Alchemist tumblr

#1140 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:00 PM

Back from the doctors and all is well. I lost 3 pounds but they took 3 extra off for the shoes making it 6 pounds, but 3 pounds is better than nothing. Hopefully I continue to lose wait. I just need to figure out a workout schedule.

How is everyone so far?
Take A Good Look At Me

• 40 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users