Anime Central Forums: ACEN Cosplay Fitness thread! - Anime Central Forums

• 40 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ACEN Cosplay Fitness thread! Another year, another opportunity to reach our goals!

#1081 User is offline   BryndenRivers 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 63820

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:50 PM

A workout suggestion for those short on time available for workouts or funds for gym fees:
Take a bench long enough to hold your torso /I use a proper incline bench, but anything unspiked should work/, put a layer of cushioning on it /so as to not damage your back, in case that's a risk for you/.
Lay down on it, legs hanging off, arms straight up, as if you were doing pencil dive.
Lift your legs and arms up, with shoulders coming off the bench, until you touch hands to feet or even past it.
Return.
Congratulations! DO 50 OF THEM IN BETWEEN SESSIONS OF A COMPUTER BASED TIME SINK AND FEEL INCREDIBLE! /and capslock is necessary: you will look forward to stuff you hate yourself for doing, like playing League of Legends :unsure: /

#1082 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 18090

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:16 AM

I have to admit - I felt great at ACen!
I wore a leotard for RAven and felt great baring my legs and arms with not much protecting me. Even better, I only wore a mild shaper for the stomach (because my tights were control top which created a little bit of a muffin top) and there was no awkward pregnant stomach in the pics that people took! YAY!

I look forward to slimming down a little more and feeling even better come 2014 when I plan to actually BARE my tummy O.O
A-Cen 2014 Cosplay (links are of me): Angewomon (Digimon) / Sailor Luna (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon) / Hikaru (Angelic Layer) /
CURRENTLY SELLING ANIME/MANGA/WALLSCROLLS! PM FOR MORE INFORMATION!
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2013: Pocahontas //// Raven (Teen Titans TV Series)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2011:Edward Elric //// Anthy (Rose Bride) //// Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Diva(Final Battle)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2010:Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Saya (Vietnam/Crazy Form) //// Sailor Pluto //// Anthy (Rose Bride)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2009:Diva(Final Battle) //// Sailor Pluto //// Edward Elric
The Official "Forum Kitten", A Rini Fangirl, TekoMuto fan

#1083 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 45794

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:08 PM

My husband, who has yet to cosplay with me, just picked up a pair of Skele-Toes. We went for a run today and he loves them! I'm jealous, but I just bought a new pair of running shoes so I can't justify buying myself another pair.

The sad thing is that even if he does lose weight he probably won't cosplay as anything since he has an epic beard he doesn't want to shave off.

Anyone know of a tall bearded character he could do? Beards are kinda rare in anime.
Attending since 2005 ~ Artist Alley '06, '11, '12, '13, & '14

Cosplays 2014: Friday: Ness(female version) Saturday: Chell Sunday: Myself
Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

#1084 User is offline   fooby 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 59646

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:26 PM

Epic Beard? The cabbage seller from Avatar: the Last Airbender and Uncle Iroh, Sig Curtis from FMA (the guy who works in the meat shop with their former instructor), Charles Goodshow, Pokemon Indigo League president, can't think of any others off the top of my head.
Zeeky Boogy Doog!

#1085 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:42 AM

All this moving insanity has left me drained. I hope to get back to the Y soon.

#1086 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 57517

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:35 PM

Busy week but I can't wait to get back in the gym dancing can only last for so long. :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

How is everyone doing?
I'm Just A Girl In The World
Take A Good Look At Me
Just Your Typical Prototype...

Registration Staff: 2012-2014

#1087 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:46 PM

Summer time, time to get myself back in shape. 1. To Look Better in My Cosplays, 2. For my Health (a Visit to the Doctor's wasn't too positive, lol), and 3. I'm single, so yeah, gotta look better in that department. LOL

I have been eating a little better, I did buy new running shoes and am running. I'm
Hoping in two to three months I can start talking with you all about results. Keep me posted on all of you! :)
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#1088 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 8918

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:25 PM

Deadlifted 145 lbs for eight reps today. :thumbup:
"Frank and explicit"-that is the right line to take when you wish to conceal your own mind and to confuse the minds of others.
Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't, they'd be married too.
Santa on the crapper is officially dead.
Acens attended. 2001,2002,2007-2011.
STVO the 2013 Hellfire champ.

#1089 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:01 PM

Finally nothing getting in my way of going to the gym. Now if I can only wake up on time to make it after the morning classes when it's less crowed.
Take A Good Look At Me

#1090 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:27 PM

View PostMsLovelyCookie, on 09 June 2013 - 04:01 PM, said:

Finally nothing getting in my way of going to the gym. Now if I can only wake up on time to make it after the morning classes when it's less crowed.

I love being able to go when there is hardly anyone there. I used to only be able to go around 7 PM, and it was always annoyingly packed. Now I can go at 11 AM when it's relatively empty.

Last week I helped my mom pack books up in her library into big boxes that we had to stack three high. I was afraid to let her do the heavy lifting since she has had back problems before, so I did almost all of the stacking. I've been paying for that for the past 4 days. I've never felt back pain like this in my life. And yes, I did lift with my legs, but packing the books involved a lot of repeated bending down which was probably where most of the soreness came from. It's probably a combination of both.

So long story short, I haven't been to the gym or running since Wednesday because of the debilitating back soreness from packing books. :<

I hope to go to the gym/run four times this week to make up for that.

As far as cosplay plans go, if I can reach my goal I'm thinking about doing Starfire from Teen Titans. I've been watching Teen Titans Go! :3 I just love her personality.

Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

#1091 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:50 PM

As of Monday I have started the 5 Week Challenge I have see this YouTuber lose weight and with the help of his brother they have started the #5WeekChallenge. I already have tweets of support sent to me via twitter so we all motivate each other to keep going. With a video every day to help remind me that I need to work out. This was just what I needed.

How is everyone on their fitness?

This post has been edited by MsLovelyCookie: 25 June 2013 - 06:51 PM

Take A Good Look At Me

#1092 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:12 PM

I weigh myself on Sunday and hope I hit 140. I deadlift tomorrow looking to do 170 for 6 reps.
"Frank and explicit"-that is the right line to take when you wish to conceal your own mind and to confuse the minds of others.
Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't, they'd be married too.

#1093 User is offline   kambay 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59134

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:02 AM

i have been lacking in my work out but reading all of this has helped i will be back in the gym tonight and working as hard as ever

make sure you all keep up the work
~~~~~~~~\o/~~~~~~~^~~~~~ shhhhhhaaaarkkk

#1094 User is offline   feuerwerke 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 63062

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:16 PM

I've been good about being relatively active in that I've been forcing myself to take a walk every day, but that's the best I've done. It's too hot ;~;

That said, exciting news! I'm probably going to get surgery soon for excess skin removal. I have a bunch of it on my stomach to the point that it still looks like fat because of how it bulges in my shorts, ugh. So that'll make me look a lot nicer for future cosplays.

Speaking of which, I've decided I'm tackling Senjougahara from Bakemonogatari next.

ACen 2014 cosplays
  • Junko Enoshima

#1095 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:03 PM

Sounds like people are still making a good effort to get fit!

I had to go out of state last week, so I couldn't run. I did get to swim in a pool and I tried to do some laps to get in some semblance of a workout. All week I was doing a lot of lifting and carrying and pulling/pushing equipment, but nothing too strenuous. I thought that I'd be okay to jump right back into running the next week...

I ran yesterday and HOLY CRAP it was hard! Do not take off a week if you can help it. My lungs and heart were not having it. My legs felt fine, but my chest felt like it wanted to explode. I couldn't believe how hard it was to run after that week off. It's been a long time since I've felt that bad while running.

I'll be either running or doing the treadmill at the gym Wed and Friday this week. I now know I have to stick to my schedule if I want to see results and stay in shape.

Whatever workout you're doing right now, keep doing it! If you stop it'll be that much harder to start again.

#1096 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• IRT Dispatch
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3041

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:28 AM

I've been doing a 30-day ab workout that a friend recommended to me - we'll see how well it works. I'm primarily doing it so I can be somewhat toned in time for Bronycon; I do need to get back into my other workout routines, too.

I do have another plan in mind, though (not as a substitute, but an addition): I'm making plans to get a bicycle. I technically already have one, but I was a bit overambitious when I got it, as it's a few inches too high for me to sit or balance comfortably (which is a must for me, as I never even got past training wheels as a kid). My husband's told me he has a friend who goes to swap meets, so we'll be looking into that, too. My hope is that by the end of this summer I'll have a 24" mountain bike in my possession~
ACen 2009 - Merchandising Staff
ACen 2010 - IRT Operative
ACen 2011-2013 - IRT Dispatch
Callsign: Valkyrie
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

#1097 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:35 AM

I have finally gone past 140. After so many years, I now weigh 142.

#1098 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:34 AM

For the book lovers there's an awesome work out using books instead of weights on tumblr. I'll edit it in when I find the time.
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#1099 User is offline   Evangelion_Unit_01 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 26693

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:36 PM

Trying to get in shape for my Cloud cosplay...I know he isn't necessarily ripped, but it's still gonna be hard work to get where he is. Went to GNC for some protein mix, they have a lot of useful tips on building muscle and how to get there quickly.
Cosplay Building Begins For 2015!
ACen 2015 Cosplay's
-Kirito (Sword Art Online) 10% Complete
-Toshiro Hitsugaya (Bleach) 100% Complete
-Garrus Vakarian (Mass Effect 3 Version) 0% Complete

#1100 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:27 PM

So.... how is everyone doing with their goal of maintaining your beach body?

This week my friend :highfive: is able to go to the gym with me later in the day so that's major help in going to the gym when I don't feel like it. :yawn:
Take A Good Look At Me

#1101 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:37 PM

My beach body is about twenty pounds away still.

I physically cannot exercise this week. I was at camp all last week getting a wicked tan and running around in the fresh air. Being around 1,000 kids for a week the odds were high I was going to get sick. I have a horrible head cold. I can't sleep, my throat is dry and too sore to swallow, and now I'm beginning to cough. I am miserable! I can't wait to feel better and go jogging in this beautiful weather.

#1102 User is offline   Agatha 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 61511

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:59 AM

No beach body here...(that's a loooong ways off!) but I was making a tracing of my arm for a cosplay thing and discovered that I apparently have biceps. Noticeable biceps. O.o

I was pleased.

#1103 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:56 AM

Running, running, running! I've been running all week! I finally got over my sinus infection a few weeks ago, and although it's been a hectic week I found time to run Mon, Wed, and today.

I thought up a new cosplay last night, and did a makeup test. I'm not sure If I want to replace it with one of the ones I was planning for 2014, or to do it at night, but at least it doesn't require me to be skinny. My hubby says I probably won't want to do another cosplay after we get done working in the AA, but we'll see.

As for the other planned cosplays the more fit I can be the better! I don't know if my body will ever be Motoko fit, but I have to try!]

Where is everybunny at? Don't let your busy schedule get in the way of your fitness! XP

#1104 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:45 PM

I'm having dance parties at my house my year long membership ends this coming week. I'm looking at gyms near by to see if there's a good deal. I know I would like to get back in the gym once the school year starts again so I can have more free time. Until then dance parties! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:
Take A Good Look At Me

#1105 User is offline   feuerwerke 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 63062

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:20 PM

I got the excess skin removal and a breast lift as well (which also got rid of a little excess skin). I haven't really been able to exercise since then due to the incisions being sore and such, but I think I've done a good job eating fairly healthy since the surgery.
ACen 2014 cosplays
  • Junko Enoshima

#1106 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:14 PM

I guess it is time to get back at it.

#1107 User is offline   kambay 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59134

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:44 PM

Was sick hit the gym to try and get better got some sore muscles and a smile on my face only thing stopping you is you
~~~~~~~~\o/~~~~~~~^~~~~~ shhhhhhaaaarkkk

#1108 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:50 AM

4 months into the new job and I hit the gym 6 days a week. I have to clean up my diet a little and work some cardio in. Walking around at 148 which is the heaviest I have ever been.

#1109 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 August 2013 - 03:36 PM

Once I figure out my brother's school schedule, since the first week was a crazy mess, it's back to my fitness DVDs!

Keep it up the workouts!
Take A Good Look At Me

#1110 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:16 PM

I'm using my the "Lose it!" App on my iPhone to help kick start my goals and keep me accountable. Here's to hoping!!

This post has been edited by KungPowKirby: 04 September 2013 - 04:16 PM

I love my ACen family! Whether or not I return next year- please know I love you all! Until we meet again!

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

• 40 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users