Anime Central Forums: ACEN Cosplay Fitness thread! - Anime Central Forums

• 40 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ACEN Cosplay Fitness thread! Another year, another opportunity to reach our goals!

#1051 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:27 AM

Friday's weigh-in tipped at..204 again. Maybe it is time for another shake up for the routine.

#1052 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 45794

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:26 AM

Exciting mini-update:
I fit into an old pair of pants that just a few months ago were too tight to wear. They even have a little extra room around the waist so I can wear them comfortably all day. :D
Attending since 2005 ~ Artist Alley '06, '11, '12, '13, & '14

Cosplays 2014: Friday: Ness(female version) Saturday: Chell Sunday: Myself
Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

#1053 User is offline   Saikyo_Master 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 49931

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:07 PM

Woo! Finally bench-pressing over my bodyweight, 175lbs. at 168.8 lbs! :D My strength gains are still coming slow and steady and I can notice my body getting shapier....if that makes sense. Still trying to grind out better looking abs though >.< Hope everyone's doing awesome!!
Saikyo is the basis of every single martial art! They just don't know it yet...>.>!

ACen 2014 Cosplay

Genderbent Edward (Cowboy Bebop)

#1054 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 33629

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:30 AM

View PostJujuFox, on 07 April 2013 - 06:26 AM, said:

Exciting mini-update:
I fit into an old pair of pants that just a few months ago were too tight to wear. They even have a little extra room around the waist so I can wear them comfortably all day. :D/>

:high five:

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#1055 User is offline   JCWarriorCats 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 63334
  • Location:On the brink of Insanity and Where Has My Memory Gone? Lane

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:02 PM

Thats awesome you guys! Keep up the good work.

I have exciting news too! XD Ive apparently dropped two sizes in pants! Now to find the scale.....
~*Hope is but a simple flame... Always flickering, but always there.*~ JC

#1056 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:38 PM

View PostJCWarriorCats, on 08 April 2013 - 04:02 PM, said:

Thats awesome you guys! Keep up the good work.

I have exciting news too! XD Ive apparently dropped two sizes in pants! Now to find the scale.....

Awesome! :D

Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

#1057 User is offline   feuerwerke 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 63062

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:22 PM

My last weigh in was 167! I feel like I'm actually getting somewhere. I'm pretty close to my lowest point, 165. Let's get under that, self!
ACen 2014 cosplays
  • Junko Enoshima

#1058 User is offline   OtakuChica 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 60765
  • Location:Hiding In your pantry. What? I get hungry watching you!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:42 PM

Hey guys, kinda abandoned the forums and not for good reasons. XD

While I haven't lost much weight (one pound in a semester) I have been told I look skinnier. It's just, not where I want it to be. The hips, thighs and upper arms are the spots I want gone so badly, but because of reasons I still can't get to a gym, and I have literally NO ROOM ANYWHERE to exercise. It makes me feel so bad~
ACen 2011 - Haruhi Suzumiya
ACen 2012 - Shippuden Sakura Haruno
ACen 2013 - Friday: fem!Jack Frost Saturday: Toon Link

#1059 User is online   MsLovelyCookie 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 57517

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:05 AM

Since my umbrella ella ella eh eh eh eh..... under my umbrella... Since my umbrella broke I haven't been to the gym but working out at home gets boring since the weather is so gloomy. Hopefully I'll have an umbrella by next week to keep going.
I'm Just A Girl In The World
Take A Good Look At Me
Just Your Typical Prototype...

Registration Staff: 2012-2014

#1060 User is online   MsLovelyCookie 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:10 PM

How is everyone doing in their Fitness? We have less than a month to go.
Take A Good Look At Me

#1061 User is offline   Teebs 

• IRT Operative
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 29124

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:22 PM

Never noticed this thread... I'm starting training for Warrior Dash Indiana today, but also hope to shed 4-5 pounds by ACen.
Years Attended ACen (4): 2009, 2010(Reg), 2011(IRT), 2012(IRT) | 2013 Con Plans: Anime ZAP, UChi-Con, Anime Central, Anime Midwest, SoyCon, Ramencon

ACen 2013 COSPLAYS: Takashi Komuro - High School Of The Dead (90%), Kazuto Kirigaya (Kirito, SAO Version) - Sword Art Online (100%), Keiichi Maebara - Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni (100%)

MyAnimeList! | Facebook? < if you decide to add me, make sure to say you're from ACen or I'll probably ignore it
GO CUBS! (RIP Ron Santo 1940-2010)

#1062 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:04 PM

Slowly but surely, I've been working out at home with Wii fit oddly and it's been working for me along with going up and down the stairs and such at work. Next year I'm going to try to train harder and find new ways of toning up.
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#1063 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 8918

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:12 PM

Sucks, I was two lbs away from hitting 140 and had to get my wisdom teeth pulled last Tuesday. Lost five lbs since.
"Frank and explicit"-that is the right line to take when you wish to conceal your own mind and to confuse the minds of others.
Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't, they'd be married too.
Santa on the crapper is officially dead.
Acens attended. 2001,2002,2007-2011.
STVO the 2013 Hellfire champ.

#1064 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 33629

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:17 PM

View PostMsLovelyCookie, on 23 April 2013 - 02:10 PM, said:

It's going well! I've been sticking with my primarily fruit and vegetable diet, and I'm about 5lbs from my ultimate weight goal, and I've surpassed my goals for ACen. I found an old pair of pants at my mom's house and they fit quite nicely. :) Bring on ACen!

How about you, Cookie?

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#1065 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:33 PM

View PostMsLovelyCookie, on 23 April 2013 - 02:10 PM, said:

I was 188 pounds, now im down to 168 :) I still have more to reach my target of 150, but I am very happy that I lost that much!!
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#1066 User is online   MsLovelyCookie 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:45 PM

View PostKii, on 23 April 2013 - 04:17 PM, said:

It's going well! I've been sticking with my primarily fruit and vegetable diet, and I'm about 5lbs from my ultimate weight goal, and I've surpassed my goals for ACen. I found an old pair of pants at my mom's house and they fit quite nicely. :)/> Bring on ACen!

How about you, Cookie?

Thanks for asking. Not so well with working out as much as I should be, but I'm still have dance parties in my living room when possible. Watching what I eat, cutting calories of anything kind, eating smaller portions and fighting those must have cravings.
Take A Good Look At Me

#1067 User is online   MsLovelyCookie 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:30 PM

WOW who knew the gym would get really hot today. What I thought was a slow hour was slightly busy today but at least it wasn't super crowed like at 6pm when there is a class going on. Hope you are enjoying the nice weather in Chicago.
Take A Good Look At Me

#1068 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 3041

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:48 PM

April has not been kind to me, unfortunately. Between adjusting to a new sleep and meal schedule as well as a new job, it's been all I can do to keep balanced out. With the weather warming up, however, I'm planning to tackle this with more walking, particularly by taking my parents' dog around the neighborhood. (Won't be today, however, since I can tell the clouds are not happy.)
ACen 2009 - Merchandising Staff
ACen 2010 - IRT Operative
ACen 2011-2013 - IRT Dispatch
Callsign: Valkyrie
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

#1069 User is offline   Teebs 

• IRT Operative
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 29124

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

Yeah the warmer weather is nice. Aside from the gym, hoping just to get out and about and walk around. Got that nice downtown strip setting here which is nice to go through. Stairs at work and apartment (which is somewhere between 20-25 steps) help and Wii Sports as well.
Years Attended ACen (4): 2009, 2010(Reg), 2011(IRT), 2012(IRT) | 2013 Con Plans: Anime ZAP, UChi-Con, Anime Central, Anime Midwest, SoyCon, Ramencon

ACen 2013 COSPLAYS: Takashi Komuro - High School Of The Dead (90%), Kazuto Kirigaya (Kirito, SAO Version) - Sword Art Online (100%), Keiichi Maebara - Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni (100%)

MyAnimeList! | Facebook? < if you decide to add me, make sure to say you're from ACen or I'll probably ignore it
GO CUBS! (RIP Ron Santo 1940-2010)

#1070 User is offline   z-space 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 62794

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:55 PM

Finally warming up enough that I feel like getting on the bike, usually not enough time to make a difference by ACen though.
Con pix and more at..
flicker.com/photos/z-space

#1071 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:45 PM

I have no idea how or when this happened, but I kinda pulled my hamstring. It has been sore since yesterday, so today I didn't run like I normally would.

I'm pretty disappointed about this setback, but I should still be able to lose a few more pounds before ACen.

Keep it up everyone! It's getting down to the wire!

#1072 User is offline   MsSilverFox 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 63526

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

I've been working out with a friend for about a month and a half and we've successfully lost some weight and will hopefully lose a little more before ACen. I've lost 11 lbs so far by just adding some cardio about 30-40 min a day and recently added in some yoga for 10-15 min after. Also changes in diet like drinking more tea and water instead of soda. We also mostly cut out beef. We eat it maybe once every 2 weeks. Just minor dietary changes and adding in some exercise has helped us a ton!
[center]ACen 2014 potential Cosplays
Arf-Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha (Human form)
Hayate-(remaking with better wings and staff)Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha
Erza-Fairy Tail

#1073 User is offline   Siren_N0el 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 22787

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:15 PM

Push ups or dips are crucial for tricep toning (back of upper arm. the spot that many ladies have troubles toning)
And full cardio workouts WILL help with toning the tummy and thighs. Even if you do not think that a full body cardio workout would focus on those areas. Overall calorie burning WILL help.

Also, WATER! Never underestimate the power of H2O. If you do not like the taste, add mint leaves, cilantro, lime, cucumber, raspberry, lemon, or tangerine slices! It gives the water some pizazz, tastes fancy, and you will drink more of it because of this. Guaranteed. Cold water does wonders for your metabolism.

I work on a farm and am thankful for that type of physical labor, as I started at 138 in March and I am 122 right now. Weight will fluctuate daily. Heck, HOURLY. Do not be upset by the numbers. Sometimes I "feel" toned and in shape and the numbers are actually UP. It's about understanding your body and its reactions. How it works. And knowing what feels right for YOU.

In any case. NEVER become idle. It is terrible for the mind, and for the body. Idleness increases depression and anxiety.
Keep moving, working, schooling, whatever it is you do. Breathe in between, but keep yourself intrigued and engaged.

Best of luck to all!
poopies.

#1074 User is offline   kambay 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59134

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:54 PM

i have been doing good as of late

my diet has been ok, been in the gym a lot and i can feel myself get a lot stronger

i want to get down to 8% body fat so heres to the hard work we all have to put in to get to are goals
~~~~~~~~\o/~~~~~~~^~~~~~ shhhhhhaaaarkkk

#1075 User is offline   Jadante 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 12483

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:13 PM

At college where I don't have a scale, I'm not sure where my weight is... when I did a performance, my dad asked my mom if I was pregnant and my mom said I gained ten pounds... but all of my friends say that I haven't gained any weight, and if I have, it's not significant. (My guess as to why my parents thought that, if my friends are correct (and they are quite candid, so I hope they are!) is that they saw me while I was wearing a Chinese qipao that I bought in high school when I was underweight.)

My regimen started happening because of concern over my parents' comments, but... I'm eating a lot healthier and doing a ton of DDR (I have a lot of physical things that prevent me from doing like 95% of normal exercise, and DDR is one of the few things I can do.. but it's good cardio!) I've also taken bellydance here at school for about two years, so that helps with muscles :)

I can weigh myself in a week, and hopefully I'll be trim for con!
ACen 2013 - Pharaoh Atem
ACen 2011, 2012 - Summoner Yuna, Sailor Yuna
ACen 2009, 2010 - Summoner Yuna
ACen 2008 - Summoner Yuna, Eternal Sailor Jupiter, Kino Makoto (Schoolgirl)
ACen 2007 - Original character (Enika)
ACen 2006 - Eternal Sailor Jupiter
ACen 2005 - Original character (Jakoku)

#1076 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:27 PM

Mine was going well then off the wagon again. :\ Im pushing for weight loss after ACen at this point. I'm going to try to be active going into the con, but I think my real weight loss will begin after the con. At least I pray it will be. LOL
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#1077 User is online   MsLovelyCookie 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:06 PM

Thanks to Happy Hour at work my lunch break is late but I got to eat off of my coworkers' lunches. I found a new workout I'm starting out after ACen is over but I'm going to start practicing so I can get into the hang of it so I don't have to keep looking at the instructions.
Take A Good Look At Me

#1078 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:43 PM

I weighed myself the other day. Since starting to work out back in November of 2011 I'm down 15 lbs! I know it's not a lot for 1.5 years, but I have gained muscle too, so I think I've been doing pretty okay. Theoretically, as you build muscle it's easier to burn fat. So I should be able to lose weight a little quicker now.

If I can shrink down to my goal by next year then I might consider doing a Paine (FFX-2) cosplay again.

#1079 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:48 PM

Time to change this for 2014! It's never too early to start your cosplay fitness plan for next ACen, right? ;)

#1080 User is online   MsLovelyCookie 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:37 PM

View PostJujuFox, on 20 May 2013 - 07:48 PM, said:

Time to change this for 2014! It's never too early to start your cosplay fitness plan for next ACen, right? ;)

It's never too early to get started for next year, I still have a friend's wedding to attend in September so I have to get back into focus and lose those pounds and get that beach body for the wedding. So the question should be is will we still have that summer body during the holidays. Keep working out cause...
You're sexy and you know it! :happydance:

This post has been edited by MsLovelyCookie: 27 May 2013 - 02:38 PM

Take A Good Look At Me

• 40 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic