Anime Central Forums: ACEN Cosplay Fitness thread! - Anime Central Forums

• 40 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ACEN Cosplay Fitness thread! Another year, another opportunity to reach our goals!

#1 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 19 June 2011 - 01:16 PM

Alright everybody, it's time we get started with the Anime Central Fitness thread, fresh and revved up for 2012!!! YEAH! So what are you doing to get in shape for cosplay this year? Are you changing your diet/lifestyle? What are you doing to do that? What are your goals? What cosplays are you working toward? Let's help each other out and motivate each other to keep on track SO WE CAN REACH OUR GOALS AND THEN SOME YEAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!! :highfive:

My goal lose 4 more inches off my waist by November, and stay in shape/maintain a flat stomach (hopefully I'll be at that point!! :D) I'm pretty close to for ACEN 2012...gotta get Motoko Kusanagi's figure! :) I've been on the Paleolithic Diet as my new lifestyle, and I've been on it for about a month and a half with lots of running and weight lifting and I've seen pretty good results for just a month. And I recently started actual cycling. It's fun. ^_^

ANIME CENTRAL LET'S DOOOOOOOOOOOOO THIS!!!!!!!!! ^____________^ :3
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#2 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 19 June 2011 - 02:21 PM

Way to go Makoto! You sound like you have a good plan going there. Pretty much I've been dieting since late last year and have so far went from 209 lbs. down to 170 lbs. My goal for preferably late August is 150 lbs. but ideally I just want to be thinner.

This week is going to be a little rough with me treating my dad and myself tonight to dinner and another event but I still plan to run everyday despite that. I am training for my first official half-marathon in Batavia (www.halfmadness.com) and am considering training for the Chicago Marathon next year. In addition to running, I also bike ride and play DDR (haven't made the switch to Dance Central yet and I don't like Wii Fit.) I am eating healthier though allow myself one day a week to have some junk food.

Next year I am playing two thin characters (Skeeter Valentine and Peewee Herman) and I want to look proper in the roles. For future cons I will try to be thinner/more fit characters. I want to feel good for myself, have others think highly of me, and maybe appeal more to the ladies, lol.

Good luck Makoto and everyone else! Keep us updated!
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#3 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 June 2011 - 03:48 PM

View PostSTVO, on 19 June 2011 - 02:21 PM, said:

Way to go Makoto! You sound like you have a good plan going there. Pretty much I've been dieting since late last year and have so far went from 209 lbs. down to 170 lbs. My goal for preferably late August is 150 lbs. but ideally I just want to be thinner.

This week is going to be a little rough with me treating my dad and myself tonight to dinner and another event but I still plan to run everyday despite that. I am training for my first official half-marathon in Batavia (www.halfmadness.com) and am considering training for the Chicago Marathon next year. In addition to running, I also bike ride and play DDR (haven't made the switch to Dance Central yet and I don't like Wii Fit.) I am eating healthier though allow myself one day a week to have some junk food.

Next year I am playing two thin characters (Skeeter Valentine and Peewee Herman) and I want to look proper in the roles. For future cons I will try to be thinner/more fit characters. I want to feel good for myself, have others think highly of me, and maybe appeal more to the ladies, lol.

Good luck Makoto and everyone else! Keep us updated!

Thanks STVO! :) Dude 209 to 170? That's AWESOME! Keep it up! And your goal is realistic so keep going! Don't give up! You seem to be doing awesome right now. And hey, you can cheat sometimes. :3 I did last week I had cake yumm~ lol
Yeah I love running too--I'd like to do a marathon....one day. XD How far can you run now? Keep us updated on your progress and make sure you post your results from the marathon when you do it!!!! ^_^
Good luck STVO and to everyone else as well!!!!

And make sure to keep us updated! Post pictures, tell us numbers anything! We need to keep everyone motivated! I'd like to see how many pounds/inches as a whole group we can lose this year starting now, that would put things in a great perspective. :D

This post has been edited by GITS SAC Motoko: 19 June 2011 - 03:49 PM

Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#4 User is offline   NinjaJedi007 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 59569

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:15 PM

STVO is a beast. You should have done Warrior Dash son!

Anyway, my fitness goal is to get action-hero ripped. Not so much bodybuilder size but more defined physique. That's actually a bodybuilding trick to appear bigger than you actually are btw. My cosplay would be geared more towards video games rather than anime because that's just what I like more. Ideas for pure body looks...

- Monkey... Enlsaved
- Kratos... God of War (how sweet would it be to be fully decked out ashen skin and all!?)
Dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

#5 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 21997

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:40 PM

I know many people won't approve of this and some people might shun me for it. Next month I'll be undergoing gastric bypass surgery. I've tried so many different things to lose weight. Different diets, different exercise regimes, etc and nothing every helped me keep the weight off. This past March I made the decision to get the surgery. I made sure it was approved by my insurance. I asked the surgeon who will be performing it a bunch of questions. Next week I get tested to make sure I'm healthy enough to do it and taking a dietary class the next day so I can learn what I can and can not eat after it's done. I know that it's a huge undertaking and there's a lot I'm scared of. But I'm more scared of what could happen if I don't. I once had a PE teacher tell me I was going to die before I was 30 and I know that if I don't do this. He could be right. My hope for next year is to be thin enough to cosplay and not feel self-conscious about it. I know that a a lot of people view the surgery as a cheat or a coward's way out but I've seen what it's done for my mom and I want that too.
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

Cosplays for ACen 2015 and progress made:

Not attending ACen in 2015. Sorry. Maybe 2016

#6 User is offline   Tokoz 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 18712

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:42 PM

I am going to be either Kei or Yuri (haven't decided yet) from the Original Dirty Pair (in all their '80s battle bikini glory) next year. So I need to lose about 15 pounds and put on a bit of muscle. It's summer so I commute on my bicycle to work, I'm trying to get back into the gym at least twice a week, and have recommitted to 2 lessons a week of hula/tahitian dance. Also trying to kick the candy habit -- I did it once, but my job at the library is a minefield of homemade cake, free donuts, and high-quality candy jars, so it's tough. Oh so very tough. On my bike route to and from work there is also a local chocolatier and a gourmet ice cream shop.... ;_;

#7 User is offline   NinjaJedi007 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 19 June 2011 - 07:25 PM

@ magishine

I personally don't see gastric bypass as any form of "cheating". Encouraging lifestyles changes is always my first bit of advice for anyone looking to change their body, but some people may legitimately need this procedure. That's not meant to be rude in any way, but everyone's body is different. Certain things may work for one person but may do nothing for someone else. Best of luck with the entire process if that procedure is definitely for sure.

#8 User is offline   Kitsu-chan 

• 2+2 = 5
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 6190
  • Location:Hiding from my Sewing machine. Shh... Don't tell it I'm under the bed.

Posted 19 June 2011 - 07:34 PM

I'm trying to drop 10lbs & tone my abs. I'm wanting to try some more daring crossplays, but I'm not comfortable showing my abs yet.
Resident Ladyboy of the ACen Forums

Sadly won't be attending ACen 2012. So I'll be taking my cosplay up a notch for 2013.

#9 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 June 2011 - 08:39 PM

View Postmagishine, on 19 June 2011 - 06:40 PM, said:

I know many people won't approve of this and some people might shun me for it. Next month I'll be undergoing gastric bypass surgery. I've tried so many different things to lose weight. Different diets, different exercise regimes, etc and nothing every helped me keep the weight off. This past March I made the decision to get the surgery. I made sure it was approved by my insurance. I asked the surgeon who will be performing it a bunch of questions. Next week I get tested to make sure I'm healthy enough to do it and taking a dietary class the next day so I can learn what I can and can not eat after it's done. I know that it's a huge undertaking and there's a lot I'm scared of. But I'm more scared of what could happen if I don't. I once had a PE teacher tell me I was going to die before I was 30 and I know that if I don't do this. He could be right. My hope for next year is to be thin enough to cosplay and not feel self-conscious about it. I know that a a lot of people view the surgery as a cheat or a coward's way out but I've seen what it's done for my mom and I want that too.

I don't think anyone will shun you for it. I respect you a lot for it. First of all, I respect you so much for admitting "yes I need to do something and I want to turn everything around" and I can see you have lots of motivation to succeed. You have tried other diets and regimes, and like what NinjaJedi007 said is sometimes people do need it (again not trying to be rude in anyway), because that's why we have the surgery. I think it's awesome you are taking a dietary class to learn about a healthy lifestyle and how to use the surgery what it was created for--a jump start to a healthy and long life for those that need it. With your motivation that I see here I know you will succeed and everyone here will be cheering you on! Keep us updated and let us know that you are okay after the surgery! And if you ever have any questions--you can ask us along with your dietary class teacher! We're all here to support each other! :)

The people that are "shunned" from doing bypass surgery are the ones that expect it to be a "quick fix" and do not try to change their lifestyle and try to solve their problem. People that have the surgery, and still eat terribly and complain and whine that they haven't lost weight, and they stretch their stomach out (of the remaining they can stretch) and ruin the effects of the surgery and stay back at Square 1. You are not like this--YOU ARE turning it around, and I know you can do it! Go go go!!!!! And best of luck with the surgery, I know it will go well. Keep us updated! ^_^

#10 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 June 2011 - 09:12 PM

View PostNinjaJedi007, on 19 June 2011 - 05:15 PM, said:

STVO is a beast. You should have done Warrior Dash son!

Anyway, my fitness goal is to get action-hero ripped. Not so much bodybuilder size but more defined physique. That's actually a bodybuilding trick to appear bigger than you actually are btw. My cosplay would be geared more towards video games rather than anime because that's just what I like more. Ideas for pure body looks...

- Monkey... Enlsaved
- Kratos... God of War (how sweet would it be to be fully decked out ashen skin and all!?)

I know man, I should have. Those obstacles I saw from your page and a couple of my other friends' pages looked crazy! The running isn't bad but the obstacles would kill me, haha. Not next year though. As far as cosplays go, I haven't done anime cosplay since 2002 (yeah I'm an old man when it comes to these cons.) So for you to do video game characters is always a step in the right direction though. Kratos is the man, you would get props from me if you dressed as him!

View Postmagishine, on 19 June 2011 - 06:40 PM, said:

There would be no disrespect on my end magishine. If you feel this is the necessary way to lose the weight, I hope for the best for you as well! I hope it goes well for you and you can maintain the healthy lifestyle you want. Just make sure to follow the doctor's orders and make the right choices in regards to health.
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#11 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 20 June 2011 - 07:32 AM

Must keep losing weight before my mom kills me. It has been a slow grind the past couple of years but it keeps going down. Diet is still my ultimate crutch.

#12 User is online   MsLovelyCookie 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 57517

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:43 AM

I so badly want to lose this weight that I have carried with me in 18 years, I was thin when I was 2 then added pound after pound. Then when I was around 12 years old I had my brother's doctor at the time tell me that if I didn't lose the weight I would have a heart attack soon. Way to scare me into depression Doc, but I slowly got out of it. I was able to lose some weight in High School but I gained it back when I started working at the Airport, so much fast food. Then this year I slowly worked my way into working out for 4 days and watching what I eat when I'm at work on the days. Suddenly I stopped, I quit when the results start showing to others, some how I never see it until my clothes become very loose when I go close shopping for the size I always wear. I lack the motivation to keep going for the long run and since I don't know how to cook I look for healthier choices and eat less then what I eat, sometimes I go with what my coworkers eat. Anyways 2 weeks ago my dad told me that I was doing so well earlier and then why did I stop? Why did I stop? Well I lost the passion to keep going but I know sitting in front of the TV will do me no good unless I go to Comcast's On Demand and hit the Exercise TV selection and do the work all over again. My new goal now is to lose my stomach and lose about 100 pounds. My cosplay would come later too early to decide now.
I'm Just A Girl In The World
Take A Good Look At Me
Just Your Typical Prototype...

Registration Staff: 2012-2014

#13 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 7072

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:44 AM

too much typing in this thread, not enough EXERCCIIISSE

*smashes right through the shirt Teko is currently wearing and ripping right through a wall*

WE'RE NOT GIVING OUR FINGERS A WORK OUT CUASE THIS THREAD IS ABOUT PAIN IN THE ABS IN THE LEGS IN THE ARMS IN THE AAS. SO MUCH F|_|CKING PAIN YOU'LL BE ABLE TO REFILM HELLRAISER AS YOU RAISE HELL WHEN YOU'RE RAISINGOVER 1000LBS WITH YOU HELLISH PINKY TOE TO BRING HELLLUVA PAIN TO HELL ITSELF

NOW GET OUT THERE AND GIVE ME SOME SIT UPS CUASE IF YOU CAN'T OUTRUN ME WHEN I GET IT UP I'LL BE ALL UP IN YOUR INSIDES <3

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHGHGHGHGHHGHGHG
Hfadz
i've stopped posting links in my siggy due to degradation of the internet 5/23/12

#14 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:13 AM

View PostTekoMuto, on 20 June 2011 - 10:44 AM, said:

*smashes right through the shirt Teko is currently wearing and ripping right through a wall*

WE'RE NOT GIVING OUR FINGERS A WORK OUT CUASE THIS THREAD IS ABOUT PAIN IN THE ABS IN THE LEGS IN THE ARMS IN THE AAS. SO MUCH F|_|CKING PAIN YOU'LL BE ABLE TO REFILM HELLRAISER AS YOU RAISE HELL WHEN YOU'RE RAISINGOVER 1000LBS WITH YOU HELLISH PINKY TOE TO BRING HELLLUVA PAIN TO HELL ITSELF

NOW GET OUT THERE AND GIVE ME SOME SIT UPS CUASE IF YOU CAN'T OUTRUN ME WHEN I GET IT UP I'LL BE ALL UP IN YOUR INSIDES <3

Hfadz

I like your thinking. *goes and works out* I gotta outrun Teko... :3 or maybe I don't.....mwahahahahaha XD ;3

#15 User is offline   SupremeKai 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 58

Posted 20 June 2011 - 07:06 PM

Need to get off my butt but thanks to getting my knee skopped I'm sitting in my room, hopefully will not gain any of the wait I lost plus need to get my gym membership back
If you ever get lost in the forest, screw it build a house, now you have severely improved your predictimet

#16 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 June 2011 - 07:53 PM

View PostTekoMuto, on 20 June 2011 - 10:44 AM, said:

Hfadz

I like you're thinking Teko, maybe we should appoint you the official drill sergeant of this forum. The beauty of my work outs is I always carry my iPhone with me so while I run, I can check Facebook, the Forums, my news/e-mails, play music, watch Youtube clips, and text plans for later that day. Hey! It's not illegal.. I don't think. :P :eek:

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#17 User is offline   NinjaJedi007 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 20 June 2011 - 07:57 PM

I easily burn 1,000 calories per day with my extreme typing skills. That's during my low intensity days too btw.

#18 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:35 PM

Checking technology is great during a workout. Back in the day before I had an iPod I used to watch anime as I ran on the treadmill. haha that's how I got caught up with Full Metal Alchemist. XD I got new running shoes today and they are amazing~and I got them for cheap and with a gift card :3 the ones I just used just...well died. ha! My legs are so sore...running 8 miles is tough--I forgot how it feels. :P

This post has been edited by GITS SAC Motoko: 20 June 2011 - 08:38 PM

#19 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:32 PM

View PostNinjaJedi007, on 20 June 2011 - 07:57 PM, said:

I easily burn 1,000 calories per day with my extreme typing skills. That's during my low intensity days too btw.

You are truly hardcore dude!

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 20 June 2011 - 08:35 PM, said:

Checking technology is great during a workout. Back in the day before I had an iPod I used to watch anime as I ran on the treadmill. haha that's how I got caught up with Full Metal Alchemist. XD I got new running shoes today and they are amazing~and I got them for cheap and with a gift card :3 the ones I just used just...well died. ha! My legs are so sore...running 8 miles is tough--I forgot how it feels. :P

I know that feeling, I did 8 miles earlier today too, haha. FMA is a great choice to work out to. :) Back when I used to use a treadmill I usually watched Rurouni Kenshin, Married With Children, Cowboy Bebop, and Outlaw Star (one thing isn't like the other, haha.) I like to run outside more these days and if the weather is bad I like to play DDR. Glad to hear you got a deal on the shoes.

This post has been edited by STVO: 20 June 2011 - 11:35 PM

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#20 User is offline   kuro_ketsurui 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 4769

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:56 AM

Right now, I'm testing myself with 3 days of upper body workouts, then a day of rest and repeat. If I can, I'm going to add 50-100 squats in July. I've got a Guilty Gear Venom costume planned.
"If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?" -Scott Adams

Facebook

#21 User is offline   NinjaJedi007 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:24 AM

View PostSTVO, on 20 June 2011 - 11:32 PM, said:

I like to run outside more these days and if the weather is bad I like to play DDR.

I remember the days of DDR. My friends and I would have huge DDR parties at each others houses during one summer. If we got too tired we would have one dance pad and one controller going just so we could keep playing. Sometimes two people would be playing and another would be playing StepMania on a nearby laptop. A change of clothes was always prepared for heavy sweating purposes.

#22 User is offline   Miss Marie 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 17089

Posted 22 June 2011 - 06:56 AM

I want to go as Shiro from Deadman Wonderland, and since she wears a catsuit, I wanna lose just about five pounds to become a little firmer. It's one thing to maintain your weight by watching what you eat and not going overboard, but it's a lot harder to go into full-on diet mode. I use an elliptical to exercise.

#23 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 7072

Posted 22 June 2011 - 10:27 AM

View PostNinjaJedi007, on 20 June 2011 - 07:57 PM, said:

*erupts from your floor, techno music playing*

WOOOOOOOOHOO

*kicks Jeedai's chair out from under him with some massivly buff tentacles*

GUESS WHAT YOU FINGER FANATASISED FOLLY OF FLASIFIED FITNESS FACTS! NEW EXERCISE!

*german suplexes your computer into a explosion turning it into a wall*

GET UP ON THAT WALL, I WANNA TEST YOUR FINGERS
i've stopped posting links in my siggy due to degradation of the internet 5/23/12

#24 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 June 2011 - 02:05 PM

View PostTekoMuto, on 22 June 2011 - 10:27 AM, said:

*erupts from your floor, techno music playing*

WOOOOOOOOHOO

*kicks Jeedai's chair out from under him with some massivly buff tentacles*

GUESS WHAT YOU FINGER FANATASISED FOLLY OF FLASIFIED FITNESS FACTS! NEW EXERCISE!

*german suplexes your computer into a explosion turning it into a wall*

GET UP ON THAT WALL, I WANNA TEST YOUR FINGERS

*watches*
go go go go go gooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!
*enjoys the sight of Teko's tentacles ;3* wooo hooooooo hooooooooo~

Ran in the middle of those crazy thunderstorms we had yesterday. Ran home and it was the strongest 4 miles I ever ran in my life! O_O BUT IT WAS SO AWESOME!!!! BA BA BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!! CRACKLE CRRACCCCCKXXX KABOOOOOOOOOOOOMMM!!!!!
And the rain felt good :3.

#25 User is offline   JennifurAB 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 59888

Posted 22 June 2011 - 04:35 PM

Ah god, I need to burn off this muffin top before next year. Time to get of the computer D:
ACen 2014: Maya Fey (Ace Attorney series); ACen 2013: Rio/Rachel (Harvest Moon - ANB), Rose Lalonde, Aradiasprite (MSPA - Homestuck); ACen 2012: Problem Sleuth (MSPA - Problem Sleuth)
-----
DA: [X] Tumblr: [X]

#26 User is offline   NinjaJedi007 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:40 PM

The weather was quite perfect this weekend and I had the pleasure of enjoying a couple of exhilarating runs outside. Got a little sun/tan action too. Sometimes I wish my gym had a retractable roof.

#27 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:41 AM

Yeah the weather has been AWESOME lately for running for sure. It hasn't been too humid which is nice. Who said you can't burn calories while getting a tan? :3 You know that would be an awesome idea if that happened. You should open up a gym and have that. XD

I think I might just go running right now. I'm doing my best to go twice a day. ^_^

#28 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 27 June 2011 - 01:36 PM

Right now It's riding to and from work on my bike. I have to help out a lot at my house so I guess picking up weight in my arms from lifting a grandmother who has trouble walking helps some. I'm going to be useing oddly the work outs in my sister's 17 magazine. They actually are pretty intense on their own right, and she's being my work out buddy. Also cutting out soda, candy, and etc. Hopefully I'll be trimmer by the time april rolls round.
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#29 User is offline   NinjaJedi007 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:15 PM

View PostDark Spellmaster, on 27 June 2011 - 01:36 PM, said:

Also cutting out soda, candy, and etc.

If you're a big soda drinker, actually cutting that out of your routine makes a pretty significant difference. There's a lot of people I know that lost weight by getting rid of (or at least reducing) soda and/or alcohol. Just think: one can of coke has the same number of calories as a White Castle slider. At least you can argue that the burger has some nutrition in it right?

#30 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:27 PM

View PostNinjaJedi007, on 26 June 2011 - 09:40 PM, said:

Sometimes I wish my gym had a retractable roof.

That would be very awesome. I'd consider joining gym if that were the case. Main reason I don't join gyms are that with a few exceptions, most don't have tracks, especially the ones where I'm currently living. :P

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 27 June 2011 - 09:41 AM, said:

Yeah the weather has been AWESOME lately for running for sure. It hasn't been too humid which is nice. Who said you can't burn calories while getting a tan? :3 You know that would be an awesome idea if that happened. You should open up a gym and have that. XD

I think I might just go running right now. I'm doing my best to go twice a day. ^_^

Yeah running outside is the best! I especially love to run when it's sunny to try to tan a little too. That's good you're trying to go twice a day!

View PostDark Spellmaster, on 27 June 2011 - 01:36 PM, said:

Right now It's riding to and from work on my bike. I have to help out a lot at my house so I guess picking up weight in my arms from lifting a grandmother who has trouble walking helps some. I'm going to be useing oddly the work outs in my sister's 17 magazine. They actually are pretty intense on their own right, and she's being my work out buddy. Also cutting out soda, candy, and etc. Hopefully I'll be trimmer by the time april rolls round.

Working out while working around the house... Nice! It doesn't matter where you get your tips either, it just matters whether they benefit you so kudos for researching. You seem like you're on the right track though!

View PostNinjaJedi007, on 27 June 2011 - 07:15 PM, said:

Just think: one can of coke has the same number of calories as a White Castle slider. At least you can argue that the burger has some nutrition in it right?

Well dang, I never knew that. Glad I only drink diet pop now, but even then I'm thinking of trying to cut down or reduce that.

I'm planning on weighing myself this Wednesday, I'm hoping to finally be below 170, I've been there a little longer than I was hoping. Next Saturday I will be participating in the Late Ride in downtown Chicago, it's been a few years since I've done it so I'm really excited for it! It's a lot of fun and if it sounds like your kind of thing, I recommend you guys signing up.

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

• 40 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users