Anime Central Forums: ACEN Cosplay Fitness thread! - Anime Central Forums

• 40 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ACEN Cosplay Fitness thread! Another year, another opportunity to reach our goals!

#841 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:35 PM

Slowly loosing the weight, eating healthier and i'm walking more stairs. This summer was brutal. Over the fall and such I'm going walking and so forth with my mom and sister. I'm going to try to do more dancing as a means of cardio.
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#842 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 18090

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:56 PM

I am really trying to slim down my tummy for a midriff baring cosplay I plan to do for 2013. I started early this time. I just got onto Sensa and have lost some weight. I am also trying to exercise a bit. Mainly I like to do dance covers. Since dancing is fun to me, I don't realize how much time I spend doing it. sometimes, I'll go for an hour.

I know I should also be doing some muscle things to tighten the belly. I think I'll work on that
A-Cen 2014 Cosplay (links are of me): Angewomon (Digimon) / Sailor Luna (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon) / Hikaru (Angelic Layer) /
CURRENTLY SELLING ANIME/MANGA/WALLSCROLLS! PM FOR MORE INFORMATION!
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2013: Pocahontas //// Raven (Teen Titans TV Series)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2011:Edward Elric //// Anthy (Rose Bride) //// Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Diva(Final Battle)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2010:Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Saya (Vietnam/Crazy Form) //// Sailor Pluto //// Anthy (Rose Bride)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2009:Diva(Final Battle) //// Sailor Pluto //// Edward Elric
The Official "Forum Kitten", A Rini Fangirl, TekoMuto fan

#843 User is offline   OtakuChica 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 60765
  • Location:Hiding In your pantry. What? I get hungry watching you!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:41 PM

Still working on those legs. Especially the thighs. Ugh. Hoping marching band can change that. And maybe going back to the gym will help. (It's gotten too hard to go lately).
ACen 2011 - Haruhi Suzumiya
ACen 2012 - Shippuden Sakura Haruno
ACen 2013 - Friday: fem!Jack Frost Saturday: Toon Link

#844 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 57517

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:25 AM

Finally I was able to go to the gym last night with my friend. Stupid Teachers Strike!!! I would like to go early in the day with the other morning people while my brother is at school but it is not happening any time soon until the strike is over. We tried the sauna at the gym after an hour of working out, a fellow gym goer said it will help relax the sore mussels for the next day and what do you know? Nothing is hurting.

This post has been edited by MsLovelyCookie: 12 September 2012 - 07:27 AM

I'm Just A Girl In The World
Take A Good Look At Me
Just Your Typical Prototype...

Registration Staff: 2012-2014

#845 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 45794

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:31 AM

Keep it up everyone! Seems like a lot of people have gone quiet in this thread, but I expect to see a resurgence soon with fall approaching and people getting back to a normal schedule.

I wanted so badly to start going to the gym again last week, but then I got a massive sinus cold. As soon as I start clearing up my husband is now feeling terrible! Arg can't win!

Hopefully we can get back to the gym this month and get into the routine. We've decided to go Tues, Thurs, and Sat each week. We have bowling league on Monday, so we need Sunday to rest and recoup. I want to lose 20 to 30 lbs, so I hope I can reach those goals by the end of this year!
Attending since 2005 ~ Artist Alley '06, '11, '12, '13, & '14

Cosplays 2014: Friday: Ness(female version) Saturday: Chell Sunday: Myself
Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

#846 User is online   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:39 AM

Been able to string two days in a row...finally. Will be back at it again today. Luckily the soreness has been kept to a minimum so I should be able to maintain a steady pace as I start to fully rebuild a weights routine and start working on the diet/supplement rotation.

#847 User is offline   Cherry_Wolf 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 2860

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:42 AM

I can't remember if I ever posted in this thread before - but now is a good as time as any :D I started at around 186, about a year later I'm at 153(a major accomplishment to me, even though I've hit plenty of bumps on the way) and am working on the last 20-30 pounds :)

Quick question - anyone else going to use the fitness room in the Hyatt(or your hotel of choice)? I think they have one and I totally plan on it if I wake up early enough.(Might not considering how late I stay up during con time)
Possible 2015 Cosplays- TBA
Thursday-
Friday- Gon Freecs(HunterxHunter) - 0%
Saturday- Shimizu Kiyoko(Haikyuu!!) - 0%
Sunday-

#848 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:23 AM

View PostCherry_Wolf, on 12 September 2012 - 09:42 AM, said:

I can't remember if I ever posted in this thread before - but now is a good as time as any :D I started at around 186, about a year later I'm at 153(a major accomplishment to me, even though I've hit plenty of bumps on the way) and am working on the last 20-30 pounds :)

Quick question - anyone else going to use the fitness room in the Hyatt(or your hotel of choice)? I think they have one and I totally plan on it if I wake up early enough.(Might not considering how late I stay up during con time)

Wow congrats on your progress so far! The workout room is to the right of the Red Bar(if facing it) which is to the left of the front desk(also if you're facing it). I might consider using it on Thursday night, but after that no way. ACen keeps me too busy, and coupled with the lack of sleep due to the noise I'll be in no state to exercise.

Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

#849 User is offline   Cherry_Wolf 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:26 AM

View PostJujuFox, on 12 September 2012 - 10:23 AM, said:

Wow congrats on your progress so far! The workout room is to the right of the Red Bar(if facing it) which is to the left of the front desk(also if you're facing it). I might consider using it on Thursday night, but after that no way. ACen keeps me too busy, and coupled with the lack of sleep due to the noise I'll be in no state to exercise.

Aw! Thank you! :blush: And hmm that does make a lot of sense! I'll be there Thursday so I may hit it one last time before ACen takes over :lol: ACen definitely keeps me busy as well, I'll be running around enough for exercise I think. :)
Thursday-
Sunday-

#850 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 8918

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:15 AM

I stopped posting on this thread due to the feeling most on here think I am trolling. Every time I post about trying to gain weight the thread goes quite.
"Frank and explicit"-that is the right line to take when you wish to conceal your own mind and to confuse the minds of others.
Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't, they'd be married too.
Santa on the crapper is officially dead.
Acens attended. 2001,2002,2007-2011.
STVO the 2013 Hellfire champ.

#851 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:24 AM

View PostIsamu, on 12 September 2012 - 11:15 AM, said:

I stopped posting on this thread due to the feeling most on here think I am trolling. Every time I post about trying to gain weight the thread goes quite.

Who said you were trolling? I'm sure everyone here understands that fitness not only includes taking off lbs of fat, but also gaining lbs of muscle. Most people should know that muscle weighs more than fat, so gaining muscle will bump your overall weight up no matter how much fat you have.

My brother has been trying to put on weight for a while now. He wants to do an Adam Wesker cosplay, but he is too skinny right now and needs to bulk up.

#852 User is online   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:53 AM

For those wishing to use Hyatt's workout facility, have your door key handy. I'll be back there next year for numerous days.

#853 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:21 PM

View PostJujuFox, on 12 September 2012 - 11:24 AM, said:

Who said you were trolling? I'm sure everyone here understands that fitness not only includes taking off lbs of fat, but also gaining lbs of muscle. Most people should know that muscle weighs more than fat, so gaining muscle will bump your overall weight up no matter how much fat you have.

My brother has been trying to put on weight for a while now. He wants to do an Adam Wesker cosplay, but he is too skinny right now and needs to bulk up.

Tell him to eat plenty of protein and lift weights that he can only handle for six reps. If he has a spotter then he can do four rep sets.
"Frank and explicit"-that is the right line to take when you wish to conceal your own mind and to confuse the minds of others.
Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't, they'd be married too.

#854 User is offline   Cherry_Wolf 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:44 PM

View PostJujuFox, on 12 September 2012 - 11:24 AM, said:

Exactly! It's sad that people automatically assume "getting fit" means "losing weight". I know plenty of people who would like to gain some weight but have a very active metabolism. Every body is different :) And I hope you are bulking up as much as you need to Isamu! :D

View Postrondo, on 12 September 2012 - 11:53 AM, said:

For those wishing to use Hyatt's workout facility, have your door key handy. I'll be back there next year for numerous days.

Oh! Thank you! Knowing me, I'd probably forget the darn thing :lol: so thanks for the reminder.
Thursday-
Sunday-

#855 User is offline   NinjaJedi007 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 59569

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:00 PM

View PostCherry_Wolf, on 12 September 2012 - 09:42 AM, said:

anyone else going to use the fitness room in the Hyatt(or your hotel of choice)?

I treat those couple days of ACen as a mini vacation thus no workouts for me! I'm on my feet pretty much all day at the con or at parties so I'm dog tired by the end of the day. Making myself even more tired isn't on the top of my list of things to do.
Dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

#856 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 18090

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:50 PM

I'm lazily losing weight according to my scale. Since I've started Sensa just over 2 months ago, I have lost 7lbs.
I don't do much really.
I eat less food. Basically I eat until I am full rather than just eating because things are yummy.
I try to walk more. At least once a day I walk the 0.4 miles from my house to the bus stop. Not a lot but it is something.

I have also taken to lazily strengthening my ab muscles. I tighten them throughout the day and try to go about my day like that, flexing and working them out. (My stomach is where I have most of my flab)

I think I should do more but so far this way is working for me because I don't like to give things up.

My next goal is to try to be on the treadmill for ten minutes a day. In total that'd give me about 20 minutes of cardio per day.

Oh. And I do dance covers again on my days off so I get cardio from that too

This post has been edited by CrimsonAnime: 14 September 2012 - 12:14 AM

A-Cen 2014 Cosplay (links are of me): Angewomon (Digimon) / Sailor Luna (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon) / Hikaru (Angelic Layer) /
CURRENTLY SELLING ANIME/MANGA/WALLSCROLLS! PM FOR MORE INFORMATION!
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2013: Pocahontas //// Raven (Teen Titans TV Series)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2011:Edward Elric //// Anthy (Rose Bride) //// Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Diva(Final Battle)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2010:Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Saya (Vietnam/Crazy Form) //// Sailor Pluto //// Anthy (Rose Bride)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2009:Diva(Final Battle) //// Sailor Pluto //// Edward Elric
The Official "Forum Kitten", A Rini Fangirl, TekoMuto fan

#857 User is online   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:52 AM

Well, just had the first protein shake of the new start of the workout. So far I have been able to string 4 days together which is a personal best in the past year or so. Also swirled down that 1st 60g protein shake. Love those hydro shakes, so easy to mix and drink...only issue is that it is pricey.

This post has been edited by rondo: 14 September 2012 - 07:52 AM

#858 User is offline   NinjaJedi007 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:28 AM

View Postrondo, on 14 September 2012 - 07:52 AM, said:

Love those hydro shakes, so easy to mix and drink...only issue is that it is pricey.

Most people's bodies can't even properly utilize that much protein at once so you can use half a scoop of the protein (if you're using the powder of course). Half now and the other half later is easier on the body plus your protein powder will last you longer.

#859 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:38 AM

Started working out in a compression shirt, has anyone else done this? Also, does anyone have experience with a weight vest?

#860 User is offline   chainedbyroses 

• Special Needs Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 11017

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:21 PM

Two words: JILLIAN MICHAELS.

"America's toughest trainer" is kind of an understatement, but damn, she works. I'm currently rotating my way through 3 DVDs (Killer Buns & Thighs; Ripped in 30; 30 Day Shred), aiming for ideally 2 separate dvd workouts a day. I'm barely 2 weeks into Jillian and I already have a noticeable difference in tone (I'm doing wall sits & squats like it's no big deal - I've NEVER been able to do those more than maybe 10s!) on and am down about a half inch on my love handles (& people are noticing a difference! ). Granted, not everyone is inclined to suffer see her on their screen morning noon and night; even once a day or every couple days, however, will make a big difference if you follow the tapes as best you can (you just might need a little more time or a few more days or work outs in the end).

I want to say it was maybe a month ago on Amazon I saw all her DVDs in one big bundle, for those of you who DO ALL THE DVDS owo)%. If you're on a budget, Target has a wide selection of her DVDs for under $10, and Jillian is much more intense and evil & cheaper than a (basic*) gym membership (and/or a weight loss program like WeightWatchers or NutriSystem), is FAST (20-30 min workouts of Jillian burn you like hours in a gym, with same or perhaps better results), AND for those of us with intense social anxiety &/or low confidence, there's the benefit of doing it at home/your location of choice and still seeing real results. If you're more a cheap as free kinda person, there's a Jillian channel on youtube with selections of her workouts, & my sister said she saw her on iTunes (great if you have a gift card or just want individual things).

In other news, I'm still trying to teach myself eating is not an "every other day or when you pass out because you forgot for 3 days" kind of thing. (Hoping to have a handle on that by Halloween or sooner so my metabolism will stabilize, 'cause eating almost literally nothing in a week but gaining some 5 lbs just kinda really sucks.)
Special Needs/ADA Staff 2014 | Thurs-Sun @ DESCC Registration Hall
• 2014 cosplay • || Marvel/Cap2: Natasha (hoodie, jacket) || Supernatural: Meg 2.0; Dean

""Why is 6 afraid of 7?" .....Well, I would suppose it's because 7 is a prime number, and prime numbers can be intimidating..." - Castiel

#861 User is offline   Saikyo_Master 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 49931

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:47 PM

OCTOBER!!! >:D Halloween, candy and exercise! We can't stay quiet for long, guys.~

How has everything been so far? Have you noticed any differences? Is the coming of the colder weather prompting you to change your workout routines? Let's keep posting and keep motivating one another to reach our ACen goals!! :3

Well, as for myself, I'm seeing differences but they are coming quite slowly in terms of muscle gain. Kind of a slow and steady thing. It doesn't deter me, though. My strength is going up in the gym and I've never felt happier since I've gotten back in the lifting game~ As long as the flu doesn't hit me, I should be fine. o.o
Saikyo is the basis of every single martial art! They just don't know it yet...>.>!

ACen 2014 Cosplay

Genderbent Edward (Cowboy Bebop)

#862 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 21997

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:06 PM

I'll be honest, I got lazy for about a month there. I just was feeling unmotivated and I just didn't want to do it anymore. But I found some motivation and I'm back at it harder than ever before. I really hope I can be 200 by ACen. I've got 40 pounds to go. I think I can do it. I need to throw in strength training into my workout because right now all I'm doing is running and that won't cut it for very long. Anybody know where I can get some good ideas?

This post has been edited by magishine: 11 October 2012 - 05:07 PM

uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

Cosplays for ACen 2015 and progress made:

Unknown. Probably only going for a day in 2015

#863 User is offline   Saikyo_Master 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 49931

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:27 PM

Bodybuilding.com is a great place to go for ideas in weight training. It's where I've gone to find exercises for all of the muscle groups I've been able to fit into my schedule. Keep it up, man! I gotta start my HIIT heavy bag workout next month and, honestly, it's gonna start the hardest part of my training: Losing fat while gaining muscle. It's gonna be strict and require a lot more calorie balancing than before. x.x
Saikyo is the basis of every single martial art! They just don't know it yet...>.>!

ACen 2014 Cosplay

Genderbent Edward (Cowboy Bebop)

#864 User is offline   wenchman 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 60533

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:26 AM

i hate marching band so muchhh

i wanted to gain weight in my thighs and marching band caused me to lose it all! and i gained muscle where i didnt want it! seriously, my arms are frikken BEEFY now! D: do not want!!

maybe i can balance it out by doing some belly dancing next year and eating more so i gain weight in the right places (thighs and hips pls) and lose it in the right places (stomach stomach stommaaaach i hate my tummy pudge).

also, good luck to all of you on your weight and muscle goals!! :D
Fandoms:
Kill la Kill / Psycho-Pass / Evangelion / Steins;Gate

Upcoming Cosplays:
ACen 2014; Nudisto Jakuzure Nonon / Asuka Langely Soryuu / Panty Anarchy

#865 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:21 PM

So I have managed to put on two pounds per month :thumbup:

#866 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 57517

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:38 PM

I have been sick too many times to go to the gym. I don't want to spread germs around. I finally was able to go last week but I got sick again. My coworker told me that my immune system is weak and I feel like every time I get better I get sick again. As a cashier, I come into contact with people who are sick and don't know how to safely cover their mouths when they cough or sneeze. I wash my hands and avoid touching my face when I can but I can't always get to a sink when there are long lines.

All I can do is dance at home when I can but other then that I'm on bed rest with the rest of the family. Hopefully I will get better to hit the gym again. -_- :yawn:
I'm Just A Girl In The World
Take A Good Look At Me
Just Your Typical Prototype...

Registration Staff: 2012-2014

#867 User is offline   livio1142 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 60238

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:03 PM

Alright, I'm trying to get a little more serious about losing some weight before the con, 10-15 lbs is my goal. I like to swim, but I have no idea how to do the strokes, and I plan to start running next week. I've been trying to make an effort to go for the healthier food choices our dining center offers, but it's been difficult. Here I go!

#868 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 3041

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:56 AM

Getting back on the weight loss track. Taking the train, while a good idea at first, didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped. (Summer weather was not cooperative.) But my dad did make me an offer that I'd be quite silly to refuse - since he and Mom want to see me more often (they live about two and a half blocks away), he said I should consider coming by every day to use his nice little collection of workout stuff in the basement. Plus, since they have a TV down there, I can bring over my Tae-Bo DVD. Yaaay!

So I bought myself some good diet food and plan to start working out today. XD
ACen 2009 - Merchandising Staff
ACen 2010 - IRT Operative
ACen 2011-2013 - IRT Dispatch
Callsign: Valkyrie
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

#869 User is offline   MOMO2 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 49830

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:26 AM

I am going as Kite from .hack and Jun Watarase from Happiness. I am short and light but I have a gut so I need to slim down.

Magishine you have my support and I wish you the best. =)
The only thing to fear is yourself.

#870 User is offline   NinjaJedi007 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:31 AM

View PostValkyrie, on 28 October 2012 - 07:56 AM, said:

Plus, since they have a TV down there, I can bring over my Tae-Bo DVD. Yaaay!

Oh the days of Tae-Bo! Definitely did the advanced video a lot before I ever belonged to an actual gym. It was pretty good seeing as though I was literally dripping with sweat by the end.

• 40 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users