Anime Central Forums: Homestuck 2012 - Anime Central Forums

• 22 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Homestuck 2012 I warned you about acen bro!!!

#61 User is offline   WeirdKanjiGirl 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 59016

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:18 PM

So hey guys, this doesn't really have a lot to do with cosplay, but I would like to direct you toward this! Basically it's a project that has been organized in memory of WV. For any convention with a Homestuck meetup, we're going to encourage you to bring a couple cans of non-perishable food items. Once we have them all, we'll make our own version of Can Town, take a picture with all of our cosplayers, and then donate all the food to a local food shelter!
Axelstrength.tumblr.com is the person heading the project for Acen, so if you have questions, you may want to find them to get them answered! I still think this is an awesome idea so we should all try to participate! I'll try to remind everyone a bit closer to the convention, but try to keep it in mind, okay?

This post has been edited by WeirdKanjiGirl: 26 October 2011 - 07:19 PM

Cosplay Time!
ACen 2009: Madotsuki (Yume Nikki)
ACen 2010: Rinnosuke Morichika (Touhou Project)
ACen 2011: Eridan Ampora (Hivebent/Homestuck)
ACen 2012: Friday: Death (Problem Sleuth)
Saturday: Eridan Ampora (God Tier) (Hivebent/Homestuck)

#62 User is offline   xane nightwing 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 57323

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:52 AM

View PostWeirdKanjiGirl, on 26 October 2011 - 07:18 PM, said:

So hey guys, this doesn't really have a lot to do with cosplay, but I would like to direct you toward this! Basically it's a project that has been organized in memory of WV. For any convention with a Homestuck meetup, we're going to encourage you to bring a couple cans of non-perishable food items. Once we have them all, we'll make our own version of Can Town, take a picture with all of our cosplayers, and then donate all the food to a local food shelter!
Axelstrength.tumblr.com is the person heading the project for Acen, so if you have questions, you may want to find them to get them answered! I still think this is an awesome idea so we should all try to participate! I'll try to remind everyone a bit closer to the convention, but try to keep it in mind, okay?

If there were awards for "most philanthropic group", Homestuck might win if we did this at Acen. I have never heard of anybody doing anything like this before, and, because of this, we might get recognition! who knows!!
Personally, I will be contributing to this project.

#63 User is offline   Messehpie 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 56303

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:31 PM

Hey guys! I was the tiny God tier Aradia at the Saturday 2011 ACen meetup!

Since the EOA5 came out I'm gonna try to make a dogtier Jade cosplay for ACen this year! I loved being a troll but my skin breaks out horribly to the makeup and I think I'll only wear it again if Terezi ever reaches god tier. @___@;

Also unless you haven't seen EOA5 flash I suggest you don't highlight the white.
ACen '12 cosplays;
Len Kagamine (Version: Imitation Black) [Vocaloid]
Len Kagamine (Version: Matryoshka) [Vocaloid]
Sailor Saturn (Hotaru Tomoe) [Sailor Moon]
Roxy Lalonde [Homestuck]

My Deviantart!

#64 User is offline   WeirdKanjiGirl 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:50 PM

View PostMessehpie, on 27 October 2011 - 06:31 PM, said:

Hey guys! I was the tiny God tier Aradia at the Saturday 2011 ACen meetup!

Since the EOA5 came out I'm gonna try to make a dogtier Jade cosplay for ACen this year! I loved being a troll but my skin breaks out horribly to the makeup and I think I'll only wear it again if Terezi ever reaches god tier. @___@;

Also unless you haven't seen EOA5 flash I suggest you don't highlight the white.

Ooo, that would be really cool! I imagine we're going to have a lot of God Tier Daves, Jades, and Roses after that update, but whatever. It looks like we're gong to have quite a few Got Tiers in general, even non-canons! The more the merrier, y'know? Do you have any idea what you're going to do for the ears? They seem really big and sticky-uppy, and I can't think of a good way to make them look accurate.
How long do you think we have to wait before we can stop spoiler-tagging EOA5 flash details? Most of the fandom has probably seem it by now, but I guess we should be sure, just so we don't ruin it for anyone.

This post has been edited by WeirdKanjiGirl: 27 October 2011 - 07:52 PM

Cosplay Time!

#65 User is offline   xane nightwing 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 57323

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:03 PM

View PostWeirdKanjiGirl, on 27 October 2011 - 07:50 PM, said:

Ooo, that would be really cool! I imagine we're going to have a lot of God Tier Daves, Jades, and Roses after that update, but whatever. It looks like we're gong to have quite a few Got Tiers in general, even non-canons! The more the merrier, y'know? Do you have any idea what you're going to do for the ears? They seem really big and sticky-uppy, and I can't think of a good way to make them look accurate.
How long do you think we have to wait before we can stop spoiler-tagging EOA5 flash details? Most of the fandom has probably seem it by now, but I guess we should be sure, just so we don't ruin it for anyone.

go with a week, just to be safe. I know on the MLP subreddit, we're supposed to [spoiler] something until two days after the episode has aired.

#66 User is offline   Messehpie 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 56303

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:11 PM

View PostWeirdKanjiGirl, on 27 October 2011 - 07:50 PM, said:

We probably will, which is why I was half tempted not to do it for ACen and maybe do it for the smaller cons down by where I live. I've thought about doing a God Tier Terezi design too, but if I make one and suddenly TEREZI GOES GOD TIER I'll be like "oh..."

-->I'm probably going to do what I did for all of my horns! Model magic them, and then go out and buy faux fur and glue on the fur. <--
I'd say we can probably stop in a couple weeks.
ACen '12 cosplays;
Len Kagamine (Version: Imitation Black) [Vocaloid]
Len Kagamine (Version: Matryoshka) [Vocaloid]
Sailor Saturn (Hotaru Tomoe) [Sailor Moon]
Roxy Lalonde [Homestuck]

My Deviantart!

#67 User is offline   WeirdKanjiGirl 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:48 PM

View PostMessehpie, on 27 October 2011 - 08:11 PM, said:

We probably will, which is why I was half tempted not to do it for ACen and maybe do it for the smaller cons down by where I live. I've thought about doing a God Tier Terezi design too, but if I make one and suddenly TEREZI GOES GOD TIER I'll be like "oh..."

-->I'm probably going to do what I did for all of my horns! Model magic them, and then go out and buy faux fur and glue on the fur. <--
I'd say we can probably stop in a couple weeks.

Ahh, that's a really good idea! I always get nervous when it comes to hot-gluing fabric, but I suppose I don't really do it enough to have a good technique. But even if we do have a lot, you should definitely do it if you want! Having lots of the same cosplay isn't a bad thing.
But for God Tier Terezi, it's actually pretty easy to figure out what her costume would look like. She's a Seer, which means that her outfits design would be the same as Roses and the shirts that just came out show that they're a kind of greenish-teal color. Really the only thing up for grabs is the wings. I know that feel though, bro. I'm gonna wait until the last possible moment to get started on the main part of God Tier Eridan just so I can be sure of the colors and the symbol.
Cosplay Time!

#68 User is offline   Toast 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 53342

Posted 29 October 2011 - 03:30 PM

Hey CanTowners!

I don't know who is really up for this, but I just found it (thanks WeirdKanjiGirl) and I totes want to help organize it! A friend of mine who is an IRT member made some suggestions:

• We can do it outside if we aren't obscuring the traffic flow, but finding an area to do it is going to be difficult. The area by the fountain would be idea but we can't keep it up there for long since that's a major photography area.

• Alternately, inside the Hyatt near the windows they tend to 'rent out space' for photo companies and groups (like The Enthusiasts) to take photos. I think it would be really cool to get one of those spots and just start the CanTown there, and build up as more people donate cans during the weekend. We could put up a sign in front on an easel saying "This is CanTown, this is why we're doing it and this is what we're doing with the cans afterward - donate to CanTown" etc.

• The third option we thought of is doing it as a panel. Each panel can only be in a room for a minimum of an hour, including set up and take down though - so if we did it that way, we would have an hour to set up, get donations, and take the whole thing down before the next group went to use the room. Same thing, we can have a sign outside saying "donate to CanTown." Obviously we can add more time, for more money. The info about panels is here.

Did we find a place that we can give these cans to when we're done yet? I can do some research, if you'd like!

This post has been edited by Toast: 29 October 2011 - 03:33 PM

ACen 2013 [ Faerie Aisha: 0% ]
Toasted! || DeviantArt || Tumblr

#69 User is offline   Nerdy_Luvs_You 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 60788

Posted 30 October 2011 - 05:21 PM

I might have my Jade cosplay done by then. I'm probably doing her blue dress and such, but I'm not sure yet! My friend will also be with me as either John or Karkat ^.^

#70 User is offline   ☆KYUU 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 25929

Posted 06 November 2011 - 11:44 PM

Oh, just a quick thing. If anyone's interested in 4 Chords cosplay, I was thinking of have a meetup... sometime. I posted a thread in the meetup section. XD

The link is here: http://www.acen.org/...87#entry1039887
--------------------
As for the Can Town project, count me in.

This post has been edited by ☆KYUU: 06 November 2011 - 11:48 PM

Cosplays 2012:

Friday:
It's a surprise... (Homestuck)

(...So... I can only go on Friday... )

#71 User is offline   KrakenAxel 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 59059

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:42 PM

Don't know if anyone in my groups already posted.

I'm bringing Tavros. My group is doing their regular outfits, then I BELIEVE we are also doing Prospit/Derse. I think so far the group is:
Tavros
Kanaya
Feferi
Eridan
Gamzee
Karkat
Terezi
Vriska
and Sollux

Hopefully, by ACen, we'll have recruited every Troll!
Cosplays for 2012:
Thriller Bark Usopp-One Piece
Derse Equius Zahhak-Homestuck
Original Usopp-One Piece
John Egbert-Homestuck (secret version)
Tatsuya Himekawa-Beelzebub

#72 User is offline   WeirdKanjiGirl 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:47 PM

Oh my gosh Kraken, that's a huge group! It's really cool that you're all going together, though, I wish you nothing but good luck! Are you going to be making any props, or just making the regular costumes?
Cosplay Time!

#73 User is offline   Happydoom 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 29873

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:03 PM

Just checking in to say I'll be doing Feferi. I'm part of Annoyance's group and I'M R---E---ELY ---EXCIT---ED!
AKA Sakurachan413
Cosplay for 2013
*Feferi Peixes (Human)- Homestuck
*Sollux Captor (Genderbent) - Homestuck
*Amy Pond (Pandorica Opens) - Doctor Who

#74 User is offline   KrakenAxel 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 12 November 2011 - 02:40 AM

View PostWeirdKanjiGirl, on 10 November 2011 - 02:47 PM, said:

Oh my gosh Kraken, that's a huge group! It's really cool that you're all going together, though, I wish you nothing but good luck! Are you going to be making any props, or just making the regular costumes?

Haha thank you! Best of luck to you too! I believe most everyone in the group already has props. I know Kanaya and I are making ours over winter break.
Cosplays for 2012:
Original Usopp-One Piece

#75 User is offline   MissHime 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 16778

Posted 12 November 2011 - 11:52 AM

If my internship doesn't go through as planned, I'll be going to Acen (so I guess it's a win-win scenario for me!) as Snowman(using colors is much too tempting~). I hope to see everyone...and then again not, haha...at Acen next year~!
~~*~~

**~Acen '10~**: Katekyo Hitman Reborn! (Kyoko Sasagawa)
[/center]

#76 User is offline   AlphaKnight 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 58462

Posted 12 November 2011 - 07:31 PM

Spoiler

a preview of my acen costume

This post has been edited by AlphaKnight: 12 November 2011 - 07:33 PM

#77 User is offline   WeirdKanjiGirl 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 12 November 2011 - 11:37 PM

View PostAlphaKnight, on 12 November 2011 - 07:31 PM, said:

Spoiler

Oh my lord you are wonderful! That head is so shiny @_@ Are you planning on getting a pair of gloves or something for when you actually debut? It's a bit jarring for you to have pink hands, what with everything else being so wonderfully white.

MissHime, I'm really excited to see your Snowman! I don't remember having a lot of carapaces last year, but it looks like there are going to be several this time around. Are you planning on using a zentai suit or making a more... humanized snowman costume?

And Kraken, what props do you plan on making? If you need any help with some of the bigger ones feel free to ask for help, I don't know a lot, but I think we could give you some advice!
Cosplay Time!

#78 User is offline   KrakenAxel 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 13 November 2011 - 02:58 AM

View PostWeirdKanjiGirl, on 12 November 2011 - 11:37 PM, said:

And Kraken, what props do you plan on making? If you need any help with some of the bigger ones feel free to ask for help, I don't know a lot, but I think we could give you some advice!

I'm making Tavros' Lance and Kanaya's Chainsaw. Kanaya is making the Matriorb. I know the rest of the group has stuff: Eridan has a wand, Gamzee has the juggler bats and should have a unicycle, Fef has a trident, Karkat has his Sickles, and so on!
Cosplays for 2012:
Original Usopp-One Piece

#79 User is offline   MissHime 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:53 AM

Spoiler

Oh my! That is really amazing!! I agree with WeirdKanjiGirl about the gloves; it would really tie the look all together and look so cool! White gloves just ooze 'class,' anyway~
And just out of an endless curiosity, is the cue-ball head really heavy?

View PostWeirdKanjiGirl, on 12 November 2011 - 11:37 PM, said:

MissHime, I'm really excited to see your Snowman! I don't remember having a lot of carapaces last year, but it looks like there are going to be several this time around. Are you planning on using a zentai suit or making a more... humanized snowman costume?

Aw thank you~! They must be getting more popular,and that is good because the carapaces can be my favorite characters!
I plan to go zentai-suit--which should be a blast~
Also, I love, Love, LOVE the Can Town Project idea! I really hope everyone will participate in that--I surely will!
~~*~~

[/center]

#80 User is offline   KrakenAxel 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 13 November 2011 - 02:05 PM

Spoiler

PS this is epic.
Cosplays for 2012:
Original Usopp-One Piece

#81 User is offline   AlphaKnight 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 13 November 2011 - 02:23 PM

oh whoops i forgot to mention the gloves.
this was on halloween. the night before it i lost my pair of white gloves and so didnt have them :(
I ordered a pair of new ones so I'll have them by then for sure.
(thus "preview")
Also the head isnt heavy at all, however no one can hear me with it on and I can only hear the bass tones of voices
in picture mode (no visor) i can only see camera flashes, in walking mode there is a visor for limited view. (i just rotate the head around)

This post has been edited by AlphaKnight: 13 November 2011 - 02:26 PM

#82 User is offline   MissHime 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 13 November 2011 - 02:54 PM

View PostAlphaKnight, on 13 November 2011 - 02:23 PM, said:

this was on halloween. the night before it i lost my pair of white gloves and so didnt have them :(
(thus "preview")
Also the head isnt heavy at all, however no one can hear me with it on and I can only hear the bass tones of voices
in picture mode (no visor) i can only see camera flashes, in walking mode there is a visor for limited view. (i just rotate the head around)

Oh man, I am sorry about your lost gloves. And the 'preview' does make more sense, now haha!
Look at all the clever 'modes'! Your cosplay is most certainly intense!
~~*~~

[/center]

#83 User is offline   WeirdKanjiGirl 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 13 November 2011 - 04:38 PM

View PostAlphaKnight, on 13 November 2011 - 02:23 PM, said:

(thus "preview")

Oh wow, that's pretty cool! Good job with putting all the "modes" in, that's a really good idea! I wonder where you can find white gloves, I think I'm going to need a pair for my costume too. Can you get them at men's formal wear stores? I'm guessing you'll have to take the head off when you're not in pictures? So you made that out of a... fishbowl? How did you get it so wonderfully white and shiny?

This post has been edited by WeirdKanjiGirl: 13 November 2011 - 04:40 PM

Cosplay Time!

#84 User is offline   AlphaKnight 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:06 PM

View PostWeirdKanjiGirl, on 13 November 2011 - 04:38 PM, said:

Oh wow, that's pretty cool! Good job with putting all the "modes" in, that's a really good idea! I wonder where you can find white gloves, I think I'm going to need a pair for my costume too. Can you get them at men's formal wear stores? I'm guessing you'll have to take the head off when you're not in pictures? So you made that out of a... fishbowl? How did you get it so wonderfully white and shiny?

gloves in white aren't hard at all to find. formal stores, online. https://www.google.c...iw=1360&bih=643
it depends on what you want from them.
the pair i had were simple winter gloves, which will be easy as heck to find coming up, but i'm getting some nicer formal ones since i upgraded everything else (except the shoes, which are still white blank canvas. white dress shoes aren't cheap)
the head is actually a street lamp globe. i got it from 1000bulbs.com, which is currently down for some reason
i made it have a visor so i could indeed keep it on everywhere and walk around with it on, but i probably wont just because it gets to be a lot to manage and balance

This post has been edited by AlphaKnight: 13 November 2011 - 09:09 PM

#85 User is offline   CriticalCold 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 60524

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:02 PM

Sup guys! I'm going to be FLARP Terezi, Prospit Terezi and God Tier Jade as part of KrakenAxel's group. I was the FLARP Terezi with this group at Youma, if anyone was there!

This post has been edited by CriticalCold: 13 November 2011 - 10:13 PM

ACen '12
Terezi Pyrope (FLARP version) | Homestuck
Terezi Pyrope (Prospit) | Homestuck
Jade Harley (God Tier) | Homestuck
Neophyte Redglare | Homestuck

#86 User is offline   KrakenAxel 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:38 AM

View PostCriticalCold, on 13 November 2011 - 10:02 PM, said:

Sup guys! I'm going to be FLARP Terezi, Prospit Terezi and God Tier Jade as part of KrakenAxel's group. I was the FLARP Terezi with this group at Youma, if anyone was there!

ohai Terezi. :3
Cosplays for 2012:
Original Usopp-One Piece

#87 User is offline   WeirdKanjiGirl 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:28 AM

Wow, I'm silly. Wondering where to find white gloves and my first reaction isn't the internet. I think I may be going crazy from sleep deprivation. Stupid school.
That's a really awesome site, I may have to remember that one. How is it that you got the visor on one side without having it show through? I mean, it looks like the globes are made of plastic, and a big hole in one side would be pretty conspicuous.

Augh, CriticalCold, you had the coolest group ever! And your Redglare!Terezi looks fantastic! You even have that wonderful Eridan that has been circulating around Tumblr lately! Are all the people in those pictures going to be part of your Acen group, or do you have completely new people?
Cosplay Time!

#88 User is offline   KrakenAxel 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:30 PM

View PostWeirdKanjiGirl, on 15 November 2011 - 08:28 AM, said:

Wow, I'm silly. Wondering where to find white gloves and my first reaction isn't the internet. I think I may be going crazy from sleep deprivation. Stupid school.
That's a really awesome site, I may have to remember that one. How is it that you got the visor on one side without having it show through? I mean, it looks like the globes are made of plastic, and a big hole in one side would be pretty conspicuous.

Augh, CriticalCold, you had the coolest group ever! And your Redglare!Terezi looks fantastic! You even have that wonderful Eridan that has been circulating around Tumblr lately! Are all the people in those pictures going to be part of your Acen group, or do you have completely new people?

Thats our group yah. Feferi is being Dave for the Derse/prospit thing. But Kanaya, Gamzee, and Eridan are the same!
Cosplays for 2012:
Original Usopp-One Piece

#89 User is offline   AlphaKnight 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:28 PM

View PostWeirdKanjiGirl, on 15 November 2011 - 08:28 AM, said:

the globe was clear, so i taped over a square of space for me to see through before painting.
when it gets flipped for pictures most angles cannot see it at all.

#90 User is offline   PsychoNoble 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 19345

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:05 PM

Bwahhh, I am so pumped for ACen 2012. As my friends have already stated - I'm bringing both normal and Derse Eridan next year.
Youmacon was a blast, and I'm extremely pumped for this group of ours. And of course, I can't wait to see everyone's costumes! ;w;

" The chaos is over. But I'm sure you too can see the dark clouds on the horizon - Enjoy this brief respite. "

• 22 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users