• This topic is locked

H.O.T.D 2012 Highschool of the Dead

#31 User is offline   SinosukeSatarume 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 9449

Posted 31 December 2011 - 04:06 AM

If this is anything like last years shoot outside of the parking garage I would be more than willing to bring guns for people to pose with. I have a wide range and they are spot on with realism. Obviously they have orange tips though.
Possible Cosplay for 2013:
-Wrex - Mass Effect
Planned Cosplay for 2013:
-Salvador - Borderlands 2
Returning Cosplay:
-Mobile Suit Mechanic - Mobile Suit Gundam
Future/Ongoing construction Cosplay
-Zaku II - Mobile Suit Gundam

#32 User is offline   XxMishapenHeartxX 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 44120

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:09 AM

Hey guys! Glad to see other people who love H.O.T.D! I just recently got into it and instantly knew I would have to do a cosplay! So I will be doing Rei ( battle version)

So if we are trying to set up a photoshot Im just wondering what day you guys were thinking?

@sinosuke.
oh thats awesome!! Thats one thing that always bums me out at acen. I always pick characters who have guns! ^^;
I did buy a cheap ps3 move gun controller that looks decently real but still fake enough where I could walk around with it.

Oh man and a Thursday night shoot would be really cool! Im arriving on Thursday but my other friends arnt coming up till Friday afternoon! it would be cool to hang with you guys!

This post has been edited by XxMishapenHeartxX: 02 January 2012 - 03:18 AM

SOMETHING CLEVER
ACen '13
DmC: female Dante
Sailor Venus
Bioshock Infinite: Elizabeth

#33 User is offline   SupremeKai 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 58

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:22 PM

Ok the thur night is a def go, as for the real photoshoot i am thinking Fri maybe at about 5:30 or 6 pm and was thinking the area where the flag pole is cant think of the name right now but what you all think.

Also def want to try and get everything figured out this week so i will run the shoot is no one cares but i do need a second in command anyone willing to help, it does not really require much just need someone in case something happens with me and the con needs to get ahold of someone

This post has been edited by SupremeKai: 02 January 2012 - 05:26 PM

If you ever get lost in the forest, screw it build a house, now you have severely improved your predictimet

#34 User is offline   SinosukeSatarume 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 9449

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:23 PM

View PostXxMishapenHeartxX, on 02 January 2012 - 03:09 AM, said:

@sinosuke.
oh thats awesome!! Thats one thing that always bums me out at acen. I always pick characters who have guns! ^^;
I did buy a cheap ps3 move gun controller that looks decently real but still fake enough where I could walk around with it.

No problem. It was actually one thing that kinda held the photoshoot last year back a little. There werent many weapons.

Anyone know if there are any zombies planned for the shoot yet?
Possible Cosplay for 2013:
-Wrex - Mass Effect
Planned Cosplay for 2013:
-Salvador - Borderlands 2
Returning Cosplay:
-Mobile Suit Mechanic - Mobile Suit Gundam
Future/Ongoing construction Cosplay
-Zaku II - Mobile Suit Gundam

#35 User is offline   C2Queen 

• Publication Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: Forum Staff
  • Member No.: 59630

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:12 PM

View PostSupremeKai, on 29 December 2011 - 05:20 PM, said:

Ok so i think Fri is the main day for the shoot and we can do the Thur shoot for people who can come. So i will try and get things figured out next weekend since i things will calm down for me. I just might need a backup person for the photshoot paperwork just in case something happens with me and they need to get ahold of someone,but we can talk about that next week

I'll be back up and help run the Thursday and Friday shoot =] I was thinking Thursday night we could do a shoot around 10pm or 11pm? I figure that might give everyone enough time to be settled in and be ready for a shoot. I'm thinking 5pm would probably be your best bet. The better the lighting outdoors, the better the pictures will be. (Plus a lot of the series is in daylight)

View PostSinosukeSatarume, on 03 January 2012 - 02:23 PM, said:

Anyone know if there are any zombies planned for the shoot yet?

Hoping we can snag some -- hopefully some might come to us in this group, or we will have to search around, etc.

Upcoming Cosplay: Sinon from Sword Art Online: II / Gun Gale Online
My Upcoming Cons/Events (2015): Kitsune-Kon, Anime Central, Colossalcon, Ramencon

For general questions & questions about forum registration -- EMAIL US.

#36 User is offline   SupremeKai 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:25 PM

Ok put in for the fri shoot any where between 5 and 6 in the east outdoor area and the thur shoot I did not put in figuring it would not very crowded.

Another question does anyone know of a good and cheap place to get a Kotha like wig thinking of something like this, know its not close but looking for close

http://www.spirithal...ack-Surfer-Wig/
If you ever get lost in the forest, screw it build a house, now you have severely improved your predictimet

#37 User is offline   Kyo_Zetsumei 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 51140

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:37 AM

This sounds like a very good turn out. Ill make sure to be Saeko again. Can't wait to see how well this turns out. Ill make sure to bring some zombies again since last year we were the only ones who did bring zombies lolz
The Great Death Goddess Kyo Zetsumei

#38 User is offline   SupremeKai 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:12 PM

Looks like we got approved for our shoot will get more info as time gets close but do not forget the Thur shoot for those nice empty hallways

#39 User is offline   C2Queen 

• Publication Staff
  • PipPip

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:48 AM

View PostSupremeKai, on 23 January 2012 - 05:12 PM, said:

Looks like we got approved for our shoot will get more info as time gets close but do not forget the Thur shoot for those nice empty hallways

Can we have specifics on what time we got approved for and place? Or is a time and place not approved for us yet just the fact that we got a shoot?

My Upcoming Cons/Events (2015): Kitsune-Kon, Anime Central, Colossalcon, Ramencon

#40 User is offline   SupremeKai 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:44 PM

Yea the time and place have not been given yet i think they are waiting till the cut off date on the 18 of Feb i think but yea, i was thinking about the Thur shoot maybe meet at the brown statue and then go from there

#41 User is offline   C2Queen 

• Publication Staff
  • PipPip

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:26 PM

View PostSupremeKai, on 27 January 2012 - 06:44 PM, said:

Yea the time and place have not been given yet i think they are waiting till the cut off date on the 18 of Feb i think but yea, i was thinking about the Thur shoot maybe meet at the brown statue and then go from there

It's inside the Hyatt right? Like right in the middle of the lobby? That sounds like a perfect place to meet up Thursday. What time do we want to meet up Thursday night? (Can't be earlier than 8pm for me, I've got a few staff duties to attend to during that time and need prep time for getting into cosplay) Also, before the con be sure to drop me your number for texting or calling so I can be sure to get into contact with you if I'm having trouble finding you, etc.

#42 User is offline   SupremeKai 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:44 PM

Prob not and yea the statue is in the Hyatt you really can not miss it looks like well let's just say to me it's looks like some reject Gumby character

Oh and how is about 9:30 would that give you enough time also is anyone else that you know going along to hunt the dead.

This post has been edited by SupremeKai: 27 January 2012 - 09:45 PM

#43 User is offline   C2Queen 

• Publication Staff
  • PipPip

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:47 PM

View PostSupremeKai, on 27 January 2012 - 09:44 PM, said:

Prob not and yea the statue is in the Hyatt you really can not miss it looks like well let's just say to me it's looks like some reject Gumby character

Oh and how is about 9:30 would that give you enough time also is anyone else that you know going along to hunt the dead.

9:30pm sounds perfect ^__^ Seems like just enough time to prepare and be done with tasks. Yuki should update the first post and put in non official gathering Thursday night, 9:30pm and to meet by the brown statue.

This post has been edited by C2Queen: 27 January 2012 - 10:48 PM

#44 User is offline   Uchiha Sakura 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 50436

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:21 PM

I will be bringing back my Rei costume this year and I should have my friend (Sauce-que?)as Takashi with me. I will try to get my friend Miyuka to finally wear her Saeko cosplay. I'll have to talk to the rest of my group to see if they are up for HOTD again this year. If they are then we will have the whole group.
My site -> Uchiha Sakura

#45 User is offline   BeatAngel 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61382

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:10 PM

Is there a date,time,place scheduled for this yet?
'12 Planned cosplays.
Shizuko Heiwajima / 100 % done
Saya takagi 100 %done
LSP 100 %done
Surprise cosplay %50 done

#46 User is offline   SupremeKai 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:17 PM

Have not been given yet have been told soon will post here when it goes thru, though we are having a non official photo shoot on Thur at about 9:30 pm we will meet by the big brown statue and go from there

#47 User is offline   Nikku 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 61480

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:36 PM

Well, i'll be doing Hirano kohta again. Just need to know what day? Friday? saturday? I will also be doing my Sith outfit so i need to plan this out. and what you bitching for josh..kissing your zombie girlfriend
ACen 2014 cosplays Hirano kouta-H.O.T.D Sith Lord (maybe?) 2 ton 21, Monarch chief Henchman.

#48 User is offline   SupremeKai 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:00 PM

Well i have scheduled it for Fri i believe but they have not released anything set in stone yet but we are having a Thur shoot simply cause it cooler when there are less people for certain locations

#49 User is offline   Nikku 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:28 PM

Well, if it helps, we need more zombies. i might get a friend or two to do it. and we found a nice spot behind the parking lot. Looked good. we might have to move around a few times to get it where we want?
ACen 2014 cosplays Hirano kouta-H.O.T.D Sith Lord (maybe?) 2 ton 21, Monarch chief Henchman.

#50 User is offline   SupremeKai 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:33 PM

Looks likes the schedule for the shoot is up so 7:30 pm at loading dock A
also the left 4 dead shoot is at the same time so maybe we can ask them for some zombie shots

#51 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:51 PM

Just uh.. heads-upping.. my daughter and her friend were looking for some zombies to blow bubbles at, Plants vs Zombies style. Mind if we grab one or two for a moment?

#52 User is offline   SupremeKai 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:03 PM

If their are some please and help destroy the zombie horde

#53 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:34 PM

If you hear this and see two 8-year-olds with peashooter hats.. you'll know what's coming..

#54 User is offline   Nikku 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:57 AM

Noted...no going macguyver on the plants.

#55 User is offline   C2Queen 

• Publication Staff
  • PipPip

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:15 PM

View PostSupremeKai, on 12 February 2012 - 09:33 PM, said:

Looks likes the schedule for the shoot is up so 7:30 pm at loading dock A
also the left 4 dead shoot is at the same time so maybe we can ask them for some zombie shots

So, 9:30PM unofficial meet up at the brown statue in Hyatt on Thursday, April 26th.

Official photoshoot 7:30pm at loading dock A on Friday, April 27th, Got it.

Perfect idea to snag some or even collab with Left4Dead cosplayers.

Edit: How long of a block do we have? Half hour or a full hour photoshoot for Friday?

This post has been edited by C2Queen: 13 February 2012 - 08:28 PM

#56 User is offline   SupremeKai 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:23 PM

Looks like its 1/2 hr but lets hope if we want to take some more pics we can find somewhere else looking at the schedule their is nothing else after us, but that does not mean anything since this is a tentative schedule think we should bump it to an hr?

#57 User is offline   C2Queen 

• Publication Staff
  • PipPip

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:37 PM

View PostSupremeKai, on 13 February 2012 - 09:23 PM, said:

Looks like its 1/2 hr but lets hope if we want to take some more pics we can find somewhere else looking at the schedule their is nothing else after us, but that does not mean anything since this is a tentative schedule think we should bump it to an hr?

If we can get an hour, DEFINITELY. From what I've seen on here, heard on Facebook, etc -- seems like there's going to be A LOT of people cosplaying it and probably coming to the shoot.

This post has been edited by C2Queen: 13 February 2012 - 09:37 PM

#58 User is offline   Nikku 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:07 PM

Well, last year it was a nice group but it seemed no one could find each other so when the main group broke off. the 5 or more stragglers started to show up. and it can take more than an hour. and larger groups take longer.

#59 User is offline   SupremeKai 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:37 PM

Well looks like from what I have been told we have free rain after eight so we are all good

#60 User is offline   BeatAngel 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61382

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:53 PM

oh no, this photoshoot overlaps with another crap!
i don't know which one too pick now.
:[
'12 Planned cosplays.
Shizuko Heiwajima / 100 % done
Saya takagi 100 %done
LSP 100 %done
Surprise cosplay %50 done

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic