• This topic is locked

H.O.T.D 2012 Highschool of the Dead

#1 User is offline   Yuki Kazumi Sakamoto 

• Panel Programing
  • Pip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 59428

Posted 13 June 2011 - 01:56 AM

Hello everyone, my name is Yuki. Nice to meet you. I am getting a H.O.T.D gathering together and I am going as Shizuka Marikawa the Fujimi Highschool nurse. I wanted to bring more H.O.T.D cosplayers to Anime Central next year. I hope that next year that I can get the whole H.O.T.D group together and Zombies. I don't care if there are two or more of each of the same charactors from H.O.T.D. Just come and show support and to have fun. There is going to be music from the anime. There will also be snacks and drinks so everyone can come and enjoy the music and getting to know other people.

PS: There will be rules that needs to be follow at this gathering. The rules will be put up. So please check once in a while to check if the rules are up. If you have any queastion please ask me and I will answer them for you.
Thanks everyone
Love, Yuki Kazumi Sakamoto

This post has been edited by Yuki Kazumi Sakamoto: 24 August 2011 - 02:09 AM

(ACen 2015)
Kingdom Hearts II-Kairi
Anime Central Staff:Panel Programming
"Don't ever forget. Wherever you go, I'm always with you."

#2 User is offline   Raptree 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 59475

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:52 AM

I wasn't able to get his cosplay done this year but I might go as Takashi Komuro for acen 2012
:.:Acen 2012 Cosplay:.:

Black Rock Shooter Male Version (Friday)

Dell (Vocaloid) and Pikchu (Pokemon) (Saturday)

Mikuo and Dell (Vocaloid) (Sunday)

#3 User is offline   SupremeKai 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 58

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:55 PM

after finally watching it i am definetly thinking about doing Kohta Hirano simply because of the gun nut thing.
If you ever get lost in the forest, screw it build a house, now you have severely improved your predictimet

#4 User is offline   Nyanpire<3 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 60941

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:48 PM

I will be there as Saeko Busujima for 2012! I can't wait to see more H.O.T.D. cosplayers, especially Marikawa!! :3

#5 User is offline   SupremeKai 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:26 PM

ok this is prob going to be a stupid idea but as i was at a halloween store i saw that fake blood and was thinking it might be a good idea for the shoot not on costumes but on face and hands things like that. Good idea bad only saying it now because it might be hard to get when the con comes around
If you ever get lost in the forest, screw it build a house, now you have severely improved your predictimet

#6 User is offline   Nyanpire<3 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 11 September 2011 - 06:51 PM

I think the fake blood would be cool but I have zero experience on how to apply it so that it looks realistic and not, well, fake. XD But yeah, cool idea! B)

#7 User is offline   SupremeKai 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 September 2011 - 07:52 PM

Well from my experience and its half arse at best i usually just smear it on with a napkin or something like that, but i will investigate more

#8 User is offline   AzKaizer 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 59210

Posted 14 September 2011 - 12:33 PM

I'm already planning to go has Kohta Hirano. Already have the whole thing done.

#9 User is offline   ATICE 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 58973

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:27 PM

Well... Looks like this group just got itself another... Kohta Hirano. *grins*

(Just finished the anime today. Is the manga good as well? I read somewhere it was actually one of the worst... but idk...).

#10 User is offline   Nyanpire<3 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 17 September 2011 - 06:29 AM

Haha yay! We'll have a Hirano mob! XD

And I highly recommend the manga.. I have the first three volumes, with the fourth due next month, and I think if you like the themes of the anime then you will definitely enjoy the manga. The manga goes a little... further... with some of the themes, but it doesn't take anything away from the story. Just some embellishment. ;)

#11 User is offline   SupremeKai 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:51 AM

Agree about manga well worth it, a chapter behind you but should be able to knock it out today. Hay question do you all know of a good place to get the uniform? Can't sew worth a damn and would like to start working on this ASAP

#12 User is offline   Harmfulshadow 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 60949

Posted 19 September 2011 - 09:48 AM

Last year I went as Takashi and my friends went as zombies the nurse and saeko. We can try again this year and hopefuly I my girlfriend can get a different costume so I'm not kissing a zombie again XD

#13 User is offline   ATICE 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 58973

Posted 20 September 2011 - 05:17 PM

Thanks, Nyanpire<3 and SupremeKai for the responses. I should hopefully be getting the manga sometime in November.

#14 User is offline   SupremeKai 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 September 2011 - 06:16 PM

Harmfull, would def be cool to get some zombies, oh the photos we can take :)

#15 User is offline   Nyanpire<3 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 25 September 2011 - 02:23 PM

Yeah, some zombies would be awesome! And here is a site that sells the guys' school uniform; this one is for Takashi because of the red shirt, but I think Hirano wears the same outfit, so I bet it would work fine.

http://www.cosplayho...ay-Costume.html

#16 User is offline   C2Queen 

• Publication Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: Forum Staff
  • Member No.: 59630

Posted 15 October 2011 - 01:13 AM

I'm happy to see that someone plans to do Shizuka! ;o; I'm happy to see many people involved and doing this for cosplay. HOTD is one of my favorite series (I'd love to see someone cosplay Asami from the manga version who wasn't featured in the anime (at least yet, I feel if there is a season 2 she will definitely be put in it considering the manga continues where the series left off). *SPOILERS* Especially since her and Kouta Hirano show romantic interest in one another, I love their tragic love story)

From what I've heard Fanservice Renji and his girlfriend and group plan to do HOTD cosplay group. Renji is pretty ripped and a very famous cosplayer and a singer with his own album out, you'd probably know him from his famous Renji cosplay from Bleach with no shirt and tattoos all over his body (they are airbrushed on for conventions) and Shana is his girlfriend (and also a model) They wouldn't be too hard to miss.
Renji - Takashi Komuro
Shana - Saeko Busajima
friend - Takagi
friend - Kouta

My group also plans to do HOTD cosplay (we are already working on the cosplay)
Me - Rei Miyamoto
MMAOTAKU - Takashi Komuro (Hopefully, still not fullproof)
Ki-kun - Takashi Komuro
Ka-chan - Saeko Busajima
Kat - Saya Takagi
Stein - Kouta Hirano

MMA Otaku and Ki-kun would be doing two different versions of Takashi. Ki-kun would have the baseball bat and MMAOtaku would have gun props. As Rei I plan to have a giant gun (undecided if I want to do an M15 or an AK47, tried to find and M1A1 but it was hard @__@ I'll probably attach a bayonet to my gun prop too) and I'll have elbow pads and the gun holster (basically episode 8 version of Rei) Ka-chan has a katana as Saeko and already finished her cosplay. Kat showed interest in being Takagi so we'll see. Stein will be perfect as Kouta since he's just as nerdy and crazy and looks just like him. Hopefully both mine and Renji's group will show up, I'm hoping to have zombies in the group so we can get some really cool action shots. The interior of the hotel itself is perfect for pictures with Zombies and regular shots. (Especially the stairs, reminds me of when they are in the mall in the manga) Also -- there's a guy coming to ACEN who has a giant picture of Rei and Takagi on the front hood of his sports car who will probably let us take pictures with the car ^__^

My Upcoming Cons/Events (2014): Anime Central, Colossalcon, Ramencon

For general questions & questions about forum registration -- EMAIL US.

#17 User is offline   SupremeKai 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:53 PM

this is getting better by the minute, the stairs idea sounds cool as hell also wondering if we get some shots on the top of the parking garage or something
here is my gun for kouta, putting in some lights just for an interesting effect. But getting psyched

http://s69.photobuck...43909PMcopy.jpg

#18 User is offline   Nyanpire<3 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 15 October 2011 - 03:12 PM

Yeah, I think we're going to have a great gathering too! ^_^

And that gun looks awesome SupremeKai!!! o.O

#19 User is offline   Yuki Kazumi Sakamoto 

• Panel Programing
  • Pip

Posted 19 October 2011 - 11:03 PM

View PostC2Queen, on 15 October 2011 - 01:13 AM, said:

I'm happy to see that someone plans to do Shizuka! ;o; I'm happy to see many people involved and doing this for cosplay. HOTD is one of my favorite series (I'd love to see someone cosplay Asami from the manga version who wasn't featured in the anime (at least yet, I feel if there is a season 2 she will definitely be put in it considering the manga continues where the series left off). *SPOILERS* Especially since her and Kouta Hirano show romantic interest in one another, I love their tragic love story)

From what I've heard Fanservice Renji and his girlfriend and group plan to do HOTD cosplay group. Renji is pretty ripped and a very famous cosplayer and a singer with his own album out, you'd probably know him from his famous Renji cosplay from Bleach with no shirt and tattoos all over his body (they are airbrushed on for conventions) and Shana is his girlfriend (and also a model) They wouldn't be too hard to miss.
Renji - Takashi Komuro
Shana - Saeko Busajima
friend - Takagi
friend - Kouta

Me - Rei Miyamoto
Ki-kun - Takashi Komuro
Ka-chan - Saeko Busajima
Kat - Saya Takagi
Stein - Kouta Hirano

MMA Otaku and Ki-kun would be doing two different versions of Takashi. Ki-kun would have the baseball bat and MMAOtaku would have gun props. As Rei I plan to have a giant gun (undecided if I want to do an M15 or an AK47, tried to find and M1A1 but it was hard @__@ I'll probably attach a bayonet to my gun prop too) and I'll have elbow pads and the gun holster (basically episode 8 version of Rei) Ka-chan has a katana as Saeko and already finished her cosplay. Kat showed interest in being Takagi so we'll see. Stein will be perfect as Kouta since he's just as nerdy and crazy and looks just like him. Hopefully both mine and Renji's group will show up, I'm hoping to have zombies in the group so we can get some really cool action shots. The interior of the hotel itself is perfect for pictures with Zombies and regular shots. (Especially the stairs, reminds me of when they are in the mall in the manga) Also -- there's a guy coming to ACEN who has a giant picture of Rei and Takagi on the front hood of his sports car who will probably let us take pictures with the car ^__^

Wow that's cool. I can't wait to see it.^^

View PostC2Queen, on 15 October 2011 - 01:13 AM, said:

Renji - Takashi Komuro
Shana - Saeko Busajima
friend - Takagi
friend - Kouta

Me - Rei Miyamoto
Ki-kun - Takashi Komuro
Ka-chan - Saeko Busajima
Kat - Saya Takagi
Stein - Kouta Hirano

Is it okay if I hang out with you guys next year at Anime Central 2012 for the H.O.T.D group as the nurse?

This post has been edited by Yuki Kazumi Sakamoto: 19 October 2011 - 11:13 PM

(ACen 2015)
Kingdom Hearts II-Kairi

#20 User is offline   C2Queen 

• Publication Staff
  • PipPip

Posted 19 October 2011 - 11:58 PM

View PostYuki Kazumi Sakamoto, on 19 October 2011 - 11:03 PM, said:

Is it okay if I hang out with you guys next year at Anime Central 2012 for the H.O.T.D group as the nurse?

I think that would be wonderful! =D We'd love to have you with us~! I don't know as of this moment which days we'll wear the cosplay, we talked about wearing it Thursday to do a private photoshoot (since the hotel will be a lot emptier than the active con days, and we always come for meet n greet) plus the empty look will be more apocalyptic looking and we will have the stairs free to take pictures on (hopefully) If you are at the con Thursday like we will be I'd say meet us up somewhere and hang with our group. We'll also wear the costumes for whichever actual con day the official photoshoot is decided ^o^ I look forward to obtaining you for our team~! I think we'll get along fine (considering I'll be Rei) XD We'll have to talk later in the year and arrange something. I'm happy to see that we'll have a nurse! That's a really important thing to have with us! XDD

This post has been edited by C2Queen: 19 October 2011 - 11:59 PM

#21 User is offline   Yuki Kazumi Sakamoto 

• Panel Programing
  • Pip

Posted 21 October 2011 - 01:06 AM

View PostC2Queen, on 19 October 2011 - 11:58 PM, said:

I think that would be wonderful! =D We'd love to have you with us~! I don't know as of this moment which days we'll wear the cosplay, we talked about wearing it Thursday to do a private photoshoot (since the hotel will be a lot emptier than the active con days, and we always come for meet n greet) plus the empty look will be more apocalyptic looking and we will have the stairs free to take pictures on (hopefully) If you are at the con Thursday like we will be I'd say meet us up somewhere and hang with our group. We'll also wear the costumes for whichever actual con day the official photoshoot is decided ^o^ I look forward to obtaining you for our team~! I think we'll get along fine (considering I'll be Rei) XD We'll have to talk later in the year and arrange something. I'm happy to see that we'll have a nurse! That's a really important thing to have with us! XDD

YAY!!! I so happy to join your group. Looking forward to it.^^
(ACen 2015)
Kingdom Hearts II-Kairi

#22 User is offline   SupremeKai 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:39 PM

Thinking and wondering if they are going to do the same thing as they have done in the past with cosplay so we pick where we want to have our meet-up, willing to be the head all that means is i will get the info to the higher-ups so they could put it in the books, But a Thur shoot would not be a bad idea, but we are no where near the date yet so we still have some time

#23 User is offline   KrakenAxel 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 59059

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:18 AM

Well, since its likely our whole group will be attending this con, we'll probably bring along HOTD.

We have Kohta (myself), Rei, Takashi, Takagi, Saeko, Shizuka, Alice, and Asami. There's a small possibility of us having a Hisashi, but thats if we can con him into it.
Cosplays for 2012:
Thriller Bark Usopp-One Piece
Derse Equius Zahhak-Homestuck
Original Usopp-One Piece
John Egbert-Homestuck (secret version)
Tatsuya Himekawa-Beelzebub

#24 User is offline   SupremeKai 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 December 2011 - 01:23 PM

Since they have opened up the Cosplay gatherings area any place where we would like to meet and time as well? Want to try and get our first pick so. think about it and also one of us is going to have to be the the team leader sort to speak since we have to fill out some paperwork

#25 User is offline   C2Queen 

• Publication Staff
  • PipPip

Posted 23 December 2011 - 12:30 AM

View PostSupremeKai, on 21 October 2011 - 04:39 PM, said:

Thinking and wondering if they are going to do the same thing as they have done in the past with cosplay so we pick where we want to have our meet-up, willing to be the head all that means is i will get the info to the higher-ups so they could put it in the books, But a Thur shoot would not be a bad idea, but we are no where near the date yet so we still have some time

Since Thursday isn't an official convention day -- I don't know what they would do about that... but we could plan our own private gathering Thursday night. I think it would be perfect to do a photoshoot on Thursday, since the Hotel wont be too packed, meaning we can take pictures and not have people in the way -- AND -- it means that the area looks more desolate as if an actual Zombie Apocalypse has occurred. Doing a night-time photoshoot would be EVEN better on Thursday. Because then not only do we have the freedom to take pictures a lot more places that will be filled during con days, but the night-time will make our photos even spookier and get us feeling more in character I'm sure ^__^ Also, it'd give us time to settle in during the day and prepare our cosplays for later in the night. What does everyone think about doing a private Thursday photoshoot? If word spreads enough, I think we could get some nice photographers to flock to our shoot (since not too many people set up shoots on Thursday) and as big as we seem to be, and since we wouldn't technically have anything planned for Thursday as far as the con goes -- I think it would be convenient for everyone. I mean photographers wouldn't be swamped trying to make other photoshoots and we can parade around before everyone else arrives on Friday. As long as everyone is coming Thursday, I don't see why we shouldn't do it Thursday =] We could always plan a photoshoot during a con day as well if people can't make it Thursday and for extra pictures and publicity. During the night-time for Thursday, I think the best places for pictures would be by the elevators in the Hyatt, the stairway going up towards the elevators, the skywalk (especially between Hyatt and DoubleTree, because it gets very dark and creepy during the night-time) maybe some shots like outside in the roads (there are some empty back roads, etc) the parking garage, etc. If Allen Castillo happens to be at the con Thursday too or during whenever we plan a photoshoot, he has HOTD all over his sports car, he as all the female characters on his car, it'd be neat to take pictures with it.

#26 User is offline   SupremeKai 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:13 PM

That is a brilliant idea like the idea about using all the walkways and what not especially at night. That would be perfect for all the really nice shots that i think we all want. But i think we should have at-least one day for a actual photo shoot just for people who only come in for one day or something like that, but i am all in for a Thur night shot.

Got question for you is your gun completely painted black or what am thinking about bringing another one since my main one is kind of camo color, should have both finished should have some pics soon but just curious about it since its my first gun prop

#27 User is offline   C2Queen 

• Publication Staff
  • PipPip

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:02 PM

View PostSupremeKai, on 23 December 2011 - 05:13 PM, said:

That is a brilliant idea like the idea about using all the walkways and what not especially at night. That would be perfect for all the really nice shots that i think we all want. But i think we should have at-least one day for a actual photo shoot just for people who only come in for one day or something like that, but i am all in for a Thur night shot.

Got question for you is your gun completely painted black or what am thinking about bringing another one since my main one is kind of camo color, should have both finished should have some pics soon but just curious about it since its my first gun prop

Thank you =] I know I walked through the skywalk late at night -- it was really empty and REALLY dark. It was extremely creepy. Especially how some places were only partly lit, it was like the scene out of a horror movie. Plus there was a creepy painting of a little girl which scared me to death. And just how long the hallways were in general, it'd give the photos some depth. Thats what I was thinking too -- late night Thursday shoot and then probably like a Friday -- mid-day photoshoot. Hm? My gun is completely black and has an orange tip. Its perfectly within the rules as long as it has an orange tip, isn't loaded, (my guns actually non working so it wouldnt be able to hurt anyone at all). I don't have a picture of the gun on hand -- its at my friends house, the scope broke off so he's fixing it for me =] But it looks EXACTLY like the one Rei has in the picture in my signature only with an orange tip. The resemblance is astounding. (Well it is the same model type and everything)

This post has been edited by C2Queen: 23 December 2011 - 09:02 PM

#28 User is offline   SupremeKai 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 December 2011 - 02:14 PM

That works for me, will start putting things together prob next week i would prob need a back up person would you be willing its nothing really but like just in case i cant do it, but not sure yet

#29 User is offline   Mimiako 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61273

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:34 AM

If you guys do the shoot Friday, my group will be able to go! We are arriving in Rosemont on Thursday, but we aren't sure if we'd be able to attend a shoot because we've all only traveled a few times that far for a con/been to Acen. We aren't sure what time we will arrive. But we will all be in attendance Friday! I have the entire group, such as Takagi, Takashi, Rei, Saeko, Kohta and possibly Alice and Shizuka, but they aren't sure if they are going/cosplaying that day. Also my Kohta is a photographer, so he is more than willing to take pictures I believe. :3 I hope to meet tons of you guys there~!
Cosplays
Friday - Saya Takagi from HOTD
Saturday - Kyoko Sakura from Madoka Magica; Kanaya Maryam from Homestuck, Yoko Littner from Gurren Lagann
Sunday - ???

#30 User is offline   SupremeKai 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:20 PM

Ok so i think Fri is the main day for the shoot and we can do the Thur shoot for people who can come. So i will try and get things figured out next weekend since i things will calm down for me. I just might need a backup person for the photshoot paperwork just in case something happens with me and they need to get ahold of someone,but we can talk about that next week

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users