Anime Central Forums: Motel 6 - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Motel 6 Decent Way to Save Money or Better off Sleeping in a Cattle Truck?

#1 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:00 PM

Hey everyone.

So far I'm going to be staying in the Hyatt next year with some good friend's but I have to keep my options open just on case anyone (or all) bail.
The Holiday Inn on Higgins is pretty affordable if you want your own place or only two people in one room but it is a long distance from all the fun! In case I decide to go DTA (Dont Trust Anybody!!!) if anyone bails, what is the best place to stay? Motel 6 ishighlighted as $59.99/person) would this mean I get my own room for this rate per night? Has anyone stayed at this location (located by Denny's?) Any thoughts or perhaps stories from friends on this place would be appreciated.

Dang it's still a year away and I can't help but plan now, lol.
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#2 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:14 PM

Curious, I checked that Motel 6 on google maps for reviews. Oddly enough, I came across one from May 25th this year...and the reviewer's pic was that of cosplaying Chun-Li. At least for that one person, it wasn't a good review.

There is no doubt people who stay there...just a matter of checking to see if they are on the boards.

This post has been edited by rondo: 09 June 2011 - 03:14 PM

#3 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:26 PM

I did see some stuff on Yelp, the average score was 3 of 5 and from the reviews I read it sounded very average and then a few were negative.

Chung-Li huh? I might have to see if I ran into her at the con. :)

Thanks for your input Rondo!
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#4 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:49 PM

I think Motel 6 is for the really desperate people.

I haven't heard of any good reviews from them and the most I seen was so/so. I haven't tested myself to try this hotel because I am too scared (if I find a mouse/rat/roach/or bedbug I will SUE!)

Why not just go on the forums to see if you can get a roommate sometime in early 2012? o_o Not everyone is bad, like the heroic me~ so that way you won't have a questionable experience? Or is there a quirk that is keeping you from doing that?
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#5 User is offline   Rukariou 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 59353

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:54 PM

I've never been to the particular one, but when you move across country twice in your life like I have you've stayed at a good few Motel 6. I don't have very many complaints. If its just a place to sleep its fine. The rooms are small so squeezing four people and cosplay in them would be hard.
2012 cosplays; Katherine McBride [ Catherine ] | Rachel Alucard [ Blazblue ]
2012 CONS; Anime Detour | Anime Central | Otakon
Currently watching; . . . | Currently playing; Catherine
PSN ID: Rukariou - hit me up if you wanna play some Little Big Planet or kick my butt at Blazblue!

"In the name of the big white thingy in the sky, Tao will punish you!" - Taokaka, Blazblue Continuum Shift

#6 User is offline   steamphunk 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 60425

Posted 09 June 2011 - 06:58 PM

My cousin and I stayed at the Motel 6 this past year. It wasn't bad. Our room smelled like smoke (which caused my sinuses to flare up), we had no refridgerator or microwave (but we dealt without them), the wifi was out for a whole day, and the rooms were alright for a pair of people (no more than two or three, four is overcrowding a bit).

All of these things weren't so bad, seeing as how there's plenty of places to eat and my cousin and I were gone most of the day. We only had trouble at eating at a lot of the places but that's because I'm lactose intolerant and my cousin's a vegan. So a microwave would have been handy with that but we made due with hummus, tortillas, peppers, and meatless turkey that we stored in a cooler we brought just in case.

If you're looking for just a place to crash after a day of fun, Motel 6 is a good place to stay. If you want to hang out with your friends that you make at ACen next year, I'd pick a closer hotel.

#7 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:55 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 09 June 2011 - 03:49 PM, said:

I think Motel 6 is for the really desperate people.

I haven't heard of any good reviews from them and the most I seen was so/so. I haven't tested myself to try this hotel because I am too scared (if I find a mouse/rat/roach/or bedbug I will SUE!)

Why not just go on the forums to see if you can get a roommate sometime in early 2012? o_o Not everyone is bad, like the heroic me~ so that way you won't have a questionable experience? Or is there a quirk that is keeping you from doing that?

The Fujoshi, I'm sure you're an awesome person. :) I'm sure most of you out in ACen Forums-land are cool guys and girls. The thing is I really only trust people after I meet them all in person first and for me meeting at a hotel isn't my idea of a proper meeting. It's nothing personal at all but there are some serious trust issues that you can truly only get after hanging out with people after at least 3-6 months of knowing someone (and even then people can surprise you after.) So hey, if you all want to meet up for dinner, video games, or going to the bars for a few drinks, I'm entirely down with that! For a first-time meeting staying in a hotel with one another, nothing personal but DTA for me. Again, please don't think I'm trying to be a jerk or anything, but for something as personal and financial as a hotel room, that's something I can only do with closer friends.

I do have friends who are most likely going with my for a hotel, but I only ask about Motel 6 just in case anything does happen with my friends or if in future years I decide to go on my own and for much cheaper. I do appreciate the current people's feedback. Cockroaches, rats, and other pests I will not tolerate but I "might" be able to tolerate cigarette smoke so as long as I have lysol. I just had to ask about Motel 6 because it seemed like a possible option. Also because one friend backed out last year, I really enjoyed the experience of having my own place. :) Before you all ask "oh were you lonely?" Definitely not! When I want to sleep and not put up with noise, I go back to the room. When I want to meet up with friends, I simply meet up with them and meet many new people along the way. I very much enjoy the crowd at ACen!

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#8 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:55 PM

STVO If I may give an honest review:

It's a good place to stay if you don't have a lot to spend. The Cons first.

Cons:

Walk from the convention if you don't like to walk might seem a bit far but less far then you think.

No super special awesome amenentities (Fridge, microwave, though last I checked you had to pay each time you used the friddge and microwave at the Hayett and every room I stayed in there had no micro so I have no idea where that comment comes from.)

Plastic sink

Does have motel smell at times, Ie, if you don't like the smell of of slightly chemical sprays and such then not the place to stay.

There is an ashtray, but I think it's mostly non smoking.

Pros:

There's a bus to take you to ACEN, just have to check the time it comes.

They have wifi for a price

Denny's down the block, also has free wifi

Has good running water for shower

Bed and such is made and replaced every day except if requested.

They have a laundry room that also has a microwave I think

Each room has a tv that can be jacked into a game system that you bring or a dvd player.

Good views in most rooms including a garden in the center.

Walls are pretty sound proof, (Friends and I had a laughing fit while I was visiting)

Some rooms have hot tubs.

Replacement soaps and such daily.

Over all it's a good place to stay on a budget. I also liked it because it has a very roomy feel unlike the Hyatt.

by the way if you do intend to stay there go in two days early, they raise their rates to 79 a night on Friday, so you're best getting your room Weds night or Thrusday morning to get the 60 a night.
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#9 User is offline   tatterpillar 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 23950

Posted 23 June 2011 - 12:12 PM

I haven't stayed at this particular Motel 6, but I will say this: You get what you pay for. Of course, that doesn't apply to the expensive places - you just get effed because of the location/time ;)

#10 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 June 2011 - 12:29 PM

Thanks for the honest reviews everyone (especially Dark Spell Master and Steamphunk), yeah I'm thinking this will only be if EVERYONE from group completely bails on me. I have myself and four friends planning on going in on a room together for Hyatt Thursday-Saturday (checking out on Sunday of course.) Motel 6 IS a long walk but so was Holiday Inn (that was on Higgins Road, whoa boy!) 7 out of the 8 ACens I have been to I have stayed at the Hyatt. Usually I would go in really crowded rooms but last year I wanted to try a room with less people and it didn't go quite as planned, so ultimately I got my own place, lots cheaper and had my own space BUT I didn't care for the distance. I like waking up from my Hyatt room going outside and interacting with all of you awesome people personally. :)

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#11 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 23 June 2011 - 03:38 PM

You are welcome. Another plus is that if you want to get away from the crazy then yeah head there.
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users