#31 User is offline   Gabichox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 59269

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:01 PM

View PostKeySmash, on 22 January 2012 - 12:24 PM, said:

I shall be bringing Halibel ^^

It seems like this will be an epic year!

For both shoots? :DDD

@code2destroy - Yes there will be 2 photoshoots. We're still waiting for an ok on the times though~ :]

Can't wait to see everyone! Looks like this is going to be another huge group. :DD!! I'm so excited!
ACen 2014 cosplay;
Donald Duck - [Thursday]
Elf - Dragon's Crown [Friday]
Agnès Oblige!Freelancer - Bravely Default [Saturday]

#32 User is offline   code2destroy 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 60187

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:47 PM

If my legs were in better shape, I could easily do Lisa. All I'd need is the school girl uniform and sword (i have long black hair and wear glasses so it really wouldn't take much effort to look like her). Hiyori would be fun too. The one I'd most want to do is Mashiro though. I'd really have to get into shape before I take that step in cosplaying. Skin tight suits on me...not pretty >.>

#33 User is offline   KeySmash 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 58635

Posted 23 January 2012 - 06:34 AM

I shall find out if I can go to both after the schedule comes out!:DDDDD
Cosplays 2014~
Yachiru "Retsu" Unohana (BLEACH)
Otohime (One Piece)
Katara: Southern Raiders (Avatar)

#34 User is offline   zuka_versailles 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 37265

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:34 AM

It would be cool if you could go to both!
Cosplay Plans
Sailor Star Fighter: 100%
InuKimi (Sesshomaru's Mother): 100%
Hizaki Masquerade: 50%
Jedi: 100%
Hinamori Momo: 99%

#35 User is offline   Sortilege 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 59791

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:24 PM

I'll probably be returning as Ise Nanao this year... But I don't know if my Kyoraku will be able to make it this time. :<

#36 User is offline   code2destroy 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:34 PM

Ok so I just got a full time job and I'm already thinking of ways of how to put my yet to be hard earned money into Acen. So I had an idea for the photoshoot. YES! ANOTHER ONE! :thumbup:

I may try my hand at prop making. First and for-most, the Black Coffin kido. If u guys think that's feasible (a 6 foot collapsible down to 3ft prop), I can do some hunting for the material soon. I wouldn't go over 20 bucks cause I imagine it will get tossed after acen. If you got material ideas do tell. Also, if you can think of other kido/props I could try to make for the photoshoot let me know and I'll see what I can do.

So far for Kurohitsugi (Black Coffin) Hado 90 is planned like this:
-3 sides (leaving the 4th open for a single person to stand/crouch behind.
--6 already black cardboard (2 for each side face, 1 on top and one on bottom to make it around 6ft high)
---sides faces would be taped with black tape to make them stay together when they fold down.
----2 pvc/fiberglass thin rods (like from a kite) that will tape into place to keep the box in place and steady when standing up
OR
----wires at the bottom like you see on campaign lawn signs that drive into the dirt (only usable on grass)
OR
----use extra tape/rope both sides of the top and bottom parts acting as hand and foot holds for the person inside the coffin to hold onto and keep it up. If they look like they're suffering/hanging dead inside the coffin, then that allow the broken 4th wall to also be a photographic portion of the prop. I'll make the tape/rope adjustable for height, but if you're over 6ft you'll have to crouch some.

what i need help in is
1) figuring out is how to reinforce the taped sections so it doesn't come apart if someone gets a little too rough with the prop.

2) i need to figure out just what to use for the spears/swords sticking out. i can't really make them go through the coffin else that will be rather uncomfortable for the person inside. I was thinking of black pipe wire...lots of black pipe wire. maybe i can find some extra long thick ones and cut them up. Before the shoot starts, i can put them in the pre-made holes so they stay firm and don't get crushed in transport.

This post has been edited by code2destroy: 03 February 2012 - 10:52 PM

#37 User is offline   BeatAngel 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61382

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:06 PM

I was planing another fourth cosplay, but since it fell through and i'm super short, i'm be bringing out my Hiyori; sword, and hollow mask in all cosplay
'12 Planned cosplays.
Shizuko Heiwajima / 100 % done
Saya takagi 100 %done
LSP 100 %done
Surprise cosplay %50 done

#38 User is offline   code2destroy 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:56 PM

YES! Hiyori! bring more vizords with you! :thumbup: kidnap em if you have to :unsure: ? Who was your fourth?

#39 User is offline   BeatAngel 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61382

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:12 AM

View Postcode2destroy, on 06 February 2012 - 11:56 PM, said:

YES! Hiyori! bring more vizords with you! :thumbup: kidnap em if you have to :unsure: ? Who was your fourth?

I was gonna bring my night class Yuki kuran but it doesn't seem like theirs a or much of a hype for it, maybe in the summer when it's nicer outside
I have a shinji on board for sure.
Mashiro,lisa and kensei are on the fence as of now
'12 Planned cosplays.
Shizuko Heiwajima / 100 % done
Saya takagi 100 %done
LSP 100 %done
Surprise cosplay %50 done

#40 User is offline   code2destroy 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:19 AM

^^ i've wanted to do mashiro and lisa. oh if the kensei comes i MUST take pics of him for a friend. i'll be murdered if don't :unsure:

#41 User is offline   Gabichox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:31 PM

Schedule is out~ Looks like we got our times! :]
See you all there!
ACen 2014 cosplay;
Donald Duck - [Thursday]

#42 User is offline   ~Ichigo~ 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 43847

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:14 AM

I'll be bringin Ulquiorra here

#43 User is offline   shastacola85 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 58966

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:55 PM

I Hope to be there this year weather it be on Friday or Saturday. I have hopes to enter my Fire Nation Katara into the masquerade this year so I hope that it doesn't effect my time with you guys. If I don't see anyone on Friday or Saturday be prepared to see me with a camera ready for ya ;) so excited for this year!
Artangel85's 2014 Cosplay List:
(Friday) Seras Victoria (Hellsing, Yellow OVA): 90%
(Saturday) Katara "old friends" (Avatar: The Last Airbender) 0%
(Sunday) Sophie Hatter (Howl's Moving Castle) 100%

#44 User is offline   kotomichi 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 61591

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:07 PM

I'll be coming as Hitsugaya :D Excited to meet everyone!
ACen 2013
Hunny Mitsukuni (Ouran), Toshiro Hitsugaya (Bleach), Conan Edogawa (Case Closed!), Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji), Haku Ha (Naruto), Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)

2013 Cons: Anime Milwaukee, C2E2, Anime Central, Anime Midwest, Wizard's World, Kollision Con

#45 User is offline   beelzebobbles 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61617

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:15 AM

Going as Grimmjow on Friday. I'm lining my jacket with black leather at the moment >3< It will be my first ACEN.
2012 costumes: Grimmjow-Bleach (FRI), Frau - 07-ghost (SAT), Pluto -Black Butler (SAT)

#46 User is offline   zuka_versailles 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 37265

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:15 PM

Sad news. Due to financial issues I won't have Senbonzakura. Maybe for 2013 I'll have him done. I'll still be at the shoots to take pictures.
Cosplay Plans
Sailor Star Fighter: 100%
InuKimi (Sesshomaru's Mother): 100%
Hizaki Masquerade: 50%
Jedi: 100%
Hinamori Momo: 99%

#47 User is offline   Kent 

• Berserker
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 61118

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:44 PM

I am going to be captain aizen, I will try to come to the photo shoots usually I don't go, but I need some help, I'm pretty new to cosplaying so I think by going it may help with my shyness and stuff.
Cosplay 2014 is a improved Cactuar and something 8-bit Final Fantasy(not cactuar)!
Anime Conventions 2014 AMKE, ACen, Anime Midwest and some random ones

#48 User is offline   arual272 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59694

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:46 AM

Hoping to do kukaku shiba

#49 User is offline   code2destroy 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:51 AM

What kind of help would you like Aizen-sama? :wub:

lol. we've kicked around some photoshoot shot ideas. the best way to overcome shyness is to get to know the folks you'll be lording your sama-ness over ^^. Also, it wouldn't hurt to practice getting into character. Aizen I both love and hate. He's an evil jerk but he's so good at being evil it makes me happy :0: 'Sides, he's got that "No matter what you say, I know better than you" look on his face all the time. So I don't think he's straight kickin' crazy.

Walk around with a haughty smirk (I practice character facial expressions in the mirror. I was surprised to note how many faces Rukia has o.O) and a disgusted bordem. You'll catch the Aizen-aura really quick which would make photoshoot reactions look more natural.

Example, a Momo cosplayer is worshiping you in the shot. How would the real Aizen react?
Or
A hollowfied Ichigo is ready to fight you, how would Aizen position himself for an attack while still looking like "Ha. Interesting but I can still win".
Or
Your Espada are at a meeting. With some props, you can offer them tea (layout a picnic and make it look like a tea party with stuffed animals to make it funny). Or you can reneact scenes like ones between Grim and Ulq.

I wonder if we'll have the top 3 espada. I think that one would be awesome with all three in the picture turning on Aizen. And, in a twist of "reality", they join the fight and defeat him.

But, it's easiest if you to get to know the cosplayers. Learn what they're comfortable doing as well. Fortunately, some espada and Vizards are on here so if they don't mind, message em or post on their wall a greeting (sometime in April if they don't respond b/c that probably means they're not watching the forum).

For those that just show up, it can be a little difficult to get to know them due to time constraints. Try getting to the shoot early in case you can meet some, or if you happen to see them just hanging around, get to know em and invite them to one (if not both) of the shoots.

^_^ hope some of these suggestions help. I'll be Rukia so if you can think of some Aizen v Rukia scenes, let me know. My friend is doing byakushi and I'm sure she'd love to join in (waves to Kusa-Robin-chawn) :clap: We'll have our zanpakuto in mid-attack form so it'd likely be a fighting scene.

View Postarual272, on 17 March 2012 - 01:46 AM, said:

Hoping to do kukaku shiba

do iiiittt! i've always wanted to cosplay as her or see her cosplays! and i've got some fun ideas for kukaku and yoruichi team shots :lol:

#50 User is offline   Lynnie 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 58699

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:41 AM

Well, Isshin and I (Rangiku) Will not be there on Friday's photo shoot. We have a panel we are going to be involved in.
ACen 2013 Cosplays!

Friday: Fem!Wesker - Resident Evil (100%)
Saturday: Salior Venus - Salior Moon (95%)
Sunday: Ranigku - Bleach (100%)

#51 User is offline   Kent 

• Berserker
  • PipPip

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:44 PM

Thank you for the tips, I will need it. So I'm going to be practicing some fighting stances and some casual stances. I think that would be a good start. Then hopefully after getting those two down I'll be ready for other ones. I've been looking at other stances of people who cosplayed as Aizen on some websites to get some ideas. I really do want to do my best.
Cosplay 2014 is a improved Cactuar and something 8-bit Final Fantasy(not cactuar)!

#52 User is offline   arual272 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59694

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:00 AM

View Postcode2destroy, on 17 March 2012 - 01:51 AM, said:

What kind of help would you like Aizen-sama? :wub:

lol. we've kicked around some photoshoot shot ideas. the best way to overcome shyness is to get to know the folks you'll be lording your sama-ness over ^^. Also, it wouldn't hurt to practice getting into character. Aizen I both love and hate. He's an evil jerk but he's so good at being evil it makes me happy :0: 'Sides, he's got that "No matter what you say, I know better than you" look on his face all the time. So I don't think he's straight kickin' crazy.

Walk around with a haughty smirk (I practice character facial expressions in the mirror. I was surprised to note how many faces Rukia has o.O) and a disgusted bordem. You'll catch the Aizen-aura really quick which would make photoshoot reactions look more natural.

Example, a Momo cosplayer is worshiping you in the shot. How would the real Aizen react?
Or
A hollowfied Ichigo is ready to fight you, how would Aizen position himself for an attack while still looking like "Ha. Interesting but I can still win".
Or
Your Espada are at a meeting. With some props, you can offer them tea (layout a picnic and make it look like a tea party with stuffed animals to make it funny). Or you can reneact scenes like ones between Grim and Ulq.

I wonder if we'll have the top 3 espada. I think that one would be awesome with all three in the picture turning on Aizen. And, in a twist of "reality", they join the fight and defeat him.

But, it's easiest if you to get to know the cosplayers. Learn what they're comfortable doing as well. Fortunately, some espada and Vizards are on here so if they don't mind, message em or post on their wall a greeting (sometime in April if they don't respond b/c that probably means they're not watching the forum).

For those that just show up, it can be a little difficult to get to know them due to time constraints. Try getting to the shoot early in case you can meet some, or if you happen to see them just hanging around, get to know em and invite them to one (if not both) of the shoots.

^_^ hope some of these suggestions help. I'll be Rukia so if you can think of some Aizen v Rukia scenes, let me know. My friend is doing byakushi and I'm sure she'd love to join in (waves to Kusa-Robin-chawn) :clap: We'll have our zanpakuto in mid-attack form so it'd likely be a fighting scene.

thank youz. now i just gotta figure out which day to go as her

do iiiittt! i've always wanted to cosplay as her or see her cosplays! and i've got some fun ideas for kukaku and yoruichi team shots :lol:

#53 User is offline   Lynnie 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:49 PM

Okay, I must know if there is going to be ANY Gins this year....if so please will one of you take a picture with me? Same with an Aizen!!! I need them for my collection >>
ACen 2013 Cosplays!

#54 User is offline   Kent 

• Berserker
  • PipPip

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:18 PM

Got it marked for both days in my cell calender

#55 User is offline   rokakurumi 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 59492

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:39 PM

Will we have Nel this year?
There is no one who dose not carry scars on their heart. If there was someone in the world like that. He would be a shallow soul. - Hiei (Yu Yu Hakusho)

#56 User is offline   shastacola85 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 58966

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:01 PM

I' sad to say that my Soi Fon wont be done for Acen. Perhaps the next convention I'll hvae her done. But I'll deff. show up for at least one of the photo shoots :)
Artangel85's 2014 Cosplay List:
(Friday) Seras Victoria (Hellsing, Yellow OVA): 90%
(Saturday) Katara "old friends" (Avatar: The Last Airbender) 0%
(Sunday) Sophie Hatter (Howl's Moving Castle) 100%

#57 User is offline   Gabichox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:22 PM

Due to certain circumstances I won't be able to show up to these two photoshoots DX
But I already have someone who will step in as the leader [Just waiting for a definite yes so I won't say who just yet] so don't worry :>
ACen 2014 cosplay;
Donald Duck - [Thursday]

#58 User is offline   code2destroy 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:11 PM

View PostGabichox, on 28 March 2012 - 03:22 PM, said:

Due to certain circumstances I won't be able to show up to these two photoshoots DX
But I already have someone who will step in as the leader [Just waiting for a definite yes so I won't say who just yet] so don't worry :>

yes =)

sorry didn't realize i hadn't made a diffenitive yes in my ramblings ^_^
having last minute costume trouble with my rukia, but i'll get it together by acen. problem is not that the top is too small, it's that i'm too bellyful. gonna hit the gym for a month and order a size larger just in case >.>

#59 User is offline   Lynnie 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:16 PM

I won't be able to make it for the first shoot but definately be there for the second shoot so if there is a Gin and/or Aizen that will take a picture with me you will make my ACen! Thank you!!
ACen 2013 Cosplays!

#60 User is offline   Mad Adam 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61623

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:27 PM

I know for sure I am doing Shinji Hirako. One of the days. And I'm not sure which version I want to bring. I have his school outfit + hat, his black shirt + white tie, and a trenchcoat (not grey, couldn't find a good one yet :\ ). But whatever I do I'll have his Vizard mask that I made.

So yeah. Excited.
My costumes
My main cosplays have been Shinji Hirako (Bleach) and the 9th Doctor (Doctor Who).

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users