Anime Central Forums: My Favorite Anime That No One's Heard Of - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

My Favorite Anime That No One's Heard Of An open-mic discussion panel for the lesser-loved

#1 User is offline   Ashori 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 10991

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:44 PM

I'm sure we all have them. A favorite anime or manga that very few people seem to love or even heard of, but yet we enjoy them to death for one reason or another. While every year, panels sprout up for popular favorites, like Naruto, Hetalia, Ouran High School Host Club, and Code Geass, but it seems that nothing is said for these lesser-known or lesser-loved "closet" favorites.

My Favorite Anime That No One's Heard Of is an open-mic discussion panel dedicated to these kinds of anime and manga. We'll discuss our favorite shows that seem to have no fanbase (despite our own love for them), make comparisons and contrasts to other well-known series in the same genre and type, run a short trivia game, and more, all with the main goal of showing our love for series that seem to get no love at all.

Now, while this is still in its planning stage, I'd like to know if anyone would be interested in a panel like this. Essentially it's a "let's talk about it" kind of fan panel, but instead of listening to myself (and possibly two others that will help me run it) blabber on, I'll open the mic to discussions with the audience so anyone who wants to speak can have their chance to do so on the many anime and manga that are bound to come up.

Please voice your comments here, and let me know what you think. :)
Cosplay Status: Maya Kitajima - Bianca Mask (Pirate Form - 100%; Glass Mask), Lucy Heartfilia (2%; Fairy Tail), Castle of Hearts Alice Liddell (100%; Kuni no Alice series)
My dA | My YouTube Page | My FF.Net Page

#2 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:37 PM

That sounds pretty cool and is a really good idea. I totally agree-there are soooooo sooo many great animes out there that do not have the big fan base like Code Geass or Ouran. (Naruto and One Piece is just off the map lol) I would for sure go to this to hear what people say and participate as well. I love discussions for sure--they always trigger really great thoughts in everyone and people get to know each other that way. I like this idea. ^_^

One anime that needs more love is Ghost in the Shell--movies and the series. Not that I'm biased or anything. Naaaaw..... :P XD
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#3 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• Honorary Forum Therapist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 447

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:49 PM

We ran something like this at Anime Punch this year. Went over pretty well. So if this is something you want to do, I'd say go for it.
Armageddicon!!
Columbus, OH December 21-23, 2012
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/

#4 User is offline   Ashori 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:56 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 08 June 2011 - 04:37 PM, said:

That sounds pretty cool and is a really good idea. I totally agree-there are soooooo sooo many great animes out there that do not have the big fan base like Code Geass or Ouran. (Naruto and One Piece is just off the map lol) I would for sure go to this to hear what people say and participate as well. I love discussions for sure--they always trigger really great thoughts in everyone and people get to know each other that way. I like this idea. ^_^

One anime that needs more love is Ghost in the Shell--movies and the series. Not that I'm biased or anything. Naaaaw..... :P XD

XD Hey, I'm bias towards quite a few lesser-loved favorites (Glass Mask, King of Bandit Jing, Nanaka 6/17), so I know how that is.

And really, Elf? Well, that gives me some hope for Anime Central and being taken well. ^^ Thank you for that extra boost of confidence.
Cosplay Status: Maya Kitajima - Bianca Mask (Pirate Form - 100%; Glass Mask), Lucy Heartfilia (2%; Fairy Tail), Castle of Hearts Alice Liddell (100%; Kuni no Alice series)

#5 User is offline   Animexcel 

• Production Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 80

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:08 PM

This sounds like a great idea! I've seen quite a few anime that haven't been too popular, and they're my faves too. So yes to this.
ACen Mascot Artist

#6 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 18090

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:18 PM

I have quite a few anime that I don't know how famous they are but I love them regardless:
- WitchBlade
- Yozakura Quartet
- Neo Angelique Abyss

I would like to hear more about these shows..and I would like to visit a panel that talked about non big name anime. i hope that if this isn't for 2012 (or even if it is) that it comes back in 2013.
A-Cen 2014 Cosplay (links are of me): Angewomon (Digimon) / Sailor Luna (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon) / Hikaru (Angelic Layer) /
CURRENTLY SELLING ANIME/MANGA/WALLSCROLLS! PM FOR MORE INFORMATION!
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2013: Pocahontas //// Raven (Teen Titans TV Series)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2011:Edward Elric //// Anthy (Rose Bride) //// Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Diva(Final Battle)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2010:Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Saya (Vietnam/Crazy Form) //// Sailor Pluto //// Anthy (Rose Bride)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2009:Diva(Final Battle) //// Sailor Pluto //// Edward Elric
The Official "Forum Kitten", A Rini Fangirl, TekoMuto fan

#7 User is offline   Ashori 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:26 PM

View PostCrimsonAnime, on 09 June 2011 - 01:18 PM, said:

i hope that if this isn't for 2012 (or even if it is) that it comes back in 2013.

Well, I'm definitely planning on hosting this for 2012. However, as for 2013...well, someone else will need to do that, since after next year I'm planning on going on my con-hiatus to deal with other issues. XD

#8 User is offline   Keans 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 57580

Posted 09 June 2011 - 04:25 PM

View PostAshori, on 09 June 2011 - 02:26 PM, said:

Well, I'm definitely planning on hosting this for 2012. However, as for 2013...well, someone else will need to do that, since after next year I'm planning on going on my con-hiatus to deal with other issues. XD

Lol, one year at a time.

Also I LOVE King of Bandits Jing, tho I never finished the Manga ^^;;;

I do like the Idea tho, lots of Unknowns runing around. Tho most are older series beffore the Mainstreem anime boom.
ACEN 2012:
Big O! - Roger Smith
Fairy Tail - Gajeel

ACEN 2013 - Gene Starwin(Outlaw Star)
Go check my FB Album and give me suggestions!!!
[/size]Facebook DeviantArt

#9 User is offline   Normandy 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 59117

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:11 PM

I definitely like this idea. :) I can think of a few shows I'd want to talk about if I went.

#10 User is offline   Miss Marie 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 17089

Posted 11 June 2011 - 12:36 PM

This is a really great idea! One of my favorite anime is REC, which I don't think is that popular. I would go to this to get some anime recommendations I couldn't find easily elsewhere.

#11 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 18090

Posted 11 June 2011 - 05:34 PM

I wish you guys all the best of luck then!!!!!!!
A-Cen 2014 Cosplay (links are of me): Angewomon (Digimon) / Sailor Luna (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon) / Hikaru (Angelic Layer) /
CURRENTLY SELLING ANIME/MANGA/WALLSCROLLS! PM FOR MORE INFORMATION!
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2013: Pocahontas //// Raven (Teen Titans TV Series)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2011:Edward Elric //// Anthy (Rose Bride) //// Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Diva(Final Battle)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2010:Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Saya (Vietnam/Crazy Form) //// Sailor Pluto //// Anthy (Rose Bride)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2009:Diva(Final Battle) //// Sailor Pluto //// Edward Elric
The Official "Forum Kitten", A Rini Fangirl, TekoMuto fan

#12 User is offline   Jiraiya 

• Panel Programming Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 4722

Posted 11 June 2011 - 06:15 PM

I love it I love it I love it!

All these talks about underground anime is amazing. I have a few friends who love King of Bandit Jing. Never really bothered with Neo Angelique (but I kept seeing the game from a long time ago). Yokuzura is entertaining to say the least. But hearing that just reminds me of La Corda d'Oro series. REC is amazing for the story of a girl trying to be a voice actress, LOL! It has a funny story.

And you mentioned Witchblade, where they started animating US comics and shows (currently Wolverine, X-men, and Supernatural). Just amazing.
I just love watching just basically anything I find and just basically sounds interesting like Barterder, Ristorante, and Fancy Lala (covering anime from retro, oldies, towards the modern ones).

Definitely a good discussion panel and if it was up to me, I would review and approve this panel 110%
Submit it for next year and I will try to have this pushed, vouching for approval!
"I'm not a pervert, I'm the ULTIMATE GRANDMASTER PERVERT EMPEROR JIRAIYA!"
"Asobi wo.... OWARI DA!" - Iori Yagami of King of Fighters
Xbox Live Gamertag: JiraiyaKurokaze
Officially dubbed SNORLAX
Arch-Lord Emperor of CHEESE!!! "I loo~~ove cheese, DON'T TOUCH MY CHEESE!!!"
Please participate in my Fighting Game Research Survey

#13 User is offline   Ashori 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2011 - 10:02 PM

^^ Thank you everyone for the support so far!
I'm still looking at talking to one of my friends in order to get another person (having gotten another to agree) on the hosting part of the panel, but overall, this is definitely going to be submitted.

Hopefully it will be approved when that time comes. ^^

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users