• This topic is locked

E3 2011 Thread! Game On!

#31 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:08 AM

The new Sony monitor sounds ok but not for the price/size ratio.

As for Vita, sounds somewhat promising but hopefully it gets better support for games than the PSP. The PSP did well but overall, it still felt a bit underwhelming.

Looking forward to Skyrim and that 300+ hours. Whew. I also need my Disgaea 4.

#32 User is offline   Unlucky Slayer 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 30009

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:59 AM

View Postexcel excel, on 07 June 2011 - 07:01 AM, said:

Same here. Im getting fed up with AT&T on my iPhone. Not the best service. I do like the new monitor by Sony but for what theyre asking, not right now.

Yeah, I am on Verizon, I refuse to use anything on AT&T.
In the darkness there is a singular being.

A Spectre of Reality...

#33 User is offline   Rukariou 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 59353

Posted 07 June 2011 - 08:32 AM

I've never had problems with AT&T after I got rid of my iPhone. My Blackberry works flawless on it, just saying...

I wouldn't buy the 3G version any dang ways. The husband is getting the Experia Play in a month or two, and hopefully some day you'll be able to play your PSP/Vita games on it too.

And anyways, it think wi-fi is just fine for a protable gaming system. It's not like I die every time I don't have a connection on my DSi and stuff.
2012 cosplays; Katherine McBride [ Catherine ] | Rachel Alucard [ Blazblue ]
2012 CONS; Anime Detour | Anime Central | Otakon
Currently watching; . . . | Currently playing; Catherine
PSN ID: Rukariou - hit me up if you wanna play some Little Big Planet or kick my butt at Blazblue!

"In the name of the big white thingy in the sky, Tao will punish you!" - Taokaka, Blazblue Continuum Shift

#34 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 07 June 2011 - 09:34 AM

I don't mind AT&T personally, but I understand people' complaints. I've been following E3 via the web and watched the Ubi Soft and Sony conferences yesterday (I missed the full Microsoft and EA ones due to work.) I'm waiting for Nintendo's as we speak.

From what I have read/seen of Microsoft's conference, it was just as bad as last year's. I do give them credit for having more mature games for Kinect but it was mostly casual games they are releasing now and it's bad because I think they captured a lot of the core gamers with the 360 originally. Halo 4 should be good but I hope they switch it up a bit because for the most part, that series is getting real repetitive. Reach added a little more to the games with the power-ups and the space ship combat, but for most part (and maybe it's just me) the environments and the enemies feel a little too much like the same thing in each game. Gears of War 3 and Minecraft should be good, but overall a weak conference.

If only I had more money and a better paying job! I would definitely buy a PS Vita this year alone for the new Uncharted game! Speaking of Uncharted 3, that looks pretty dang amazing! Sony knows how to put a great conference but one question I have is, where's Twisted Metal?
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#35 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:54 AM

The new Nintendo console, the Wii U. Nice looking console and WTF comment-generating controller.

#36 User is offline   Aiddon Valentin 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 5880

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:32 AM

Wow, Nintendo just stomped all over the competition. AGAIN. Heck ,the second they announced a new Smash Bros they won E3 (on TWO systems). Also I swear that Pit in Kid Icarus is voiced by JYB.

As for the WiiU, count me interested. With a lot of 3rd parties involved this could be a great lineup
Kuchiki Byakuya: Ohayocon '06
Kuchiki Byakuya: ACen '06
Rose: Ohayocon '07
Part of Shinigami Squad '06

#37 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:34 AM

Stvo: I totally forgot about Twisted Metal :o I was hoping to hear about it too!

The Wii U eh? Aside from the name, I think it looks interesting. But the controller is pretty big. Almost like that of a iPad :o

Is it me or does it remind anyone of a bigger version of the DS?
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#38 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:58 AM

The controller should be similar in size to the original Galaxy Tab and the Blackberry Playbook (android tablets) as it has a 6.2" touchscreen. Good thing this system is backwards compatible with the Wii and many of its accessories because I fear the cost of what an extra controller will be for the Wii New.

I'll make sure to get a bunch of early preorders in for reselling.

This post has been edited by rondo: 07 June 2011 - 11:59 AM

#39 User is offline   Ranko 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 54494

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:04 PM

View PostAiddon Valentin, on 07 June 2011 - 11:32 AM, said:

Wow, Nintendo just stomped all over the competition. AGAIN. Heck ,the second they announced a new Smash Bros they won E3 (on TWO systems). Also I swear that Pit in Kid Icarus is voiced by JYB.

As for the WiiU, count me interested. With a lot of 3rd parties involved this could be a great lineup

Sounds like someone is a nintendo fan lol... I wouldn't call anything in their conference stomping over the competition... sure it's all very nice, and Smash Bros. is awesome... but all it is, is nintendo finally attempting to catch up with Sony and Microsoft graphically, quite a few years late to the party I might add.

Also, have fun with that gigantic controller... I'm glad I have big hands...
facebook- because you can never have too many friends!

http://www.facebook....hp?id=607874283

PSN ID: Ranma344

This keyboard of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning feel tells me to post here! Take this, my knowledge, my opinion, and all of my awesomeness! SHINING POST!

#40 User is offline   Aiddon Valentin 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:23 PM

View PostRanko, on 07 June 2011 - 12:04 PM, said:

Sounds like someone is a nintendo fan lol... I wouldn't call anything in their conference stomping over the competition... sure it's all very nice, and Smash Bros. is awesome... but all it is, is nintendo finally attempting to catch up with Sony and Microsoft graphically, quite a few years late to the party I might add.

Also, have fun with that gigantic controller... I'm glad I have big hands...

I am a fan, but it's not hard to see that Nintendo had by far the best conference due to the fact that I was actually paying attention through most of it (instead of Sony and MS where I was on and off). And they're not "catching up" to the HD twins really. Most of the time was devoted to that controller, NOT to what could push the most polygons.

#41 User is offline   Visadin the insane 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 46337

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:25 PM

i really don't think we see a ps4/720 anytime soon TBH, we are kind of hitting the roof of how far we can go in power, look at skyrim or crysis 2. these games look stunning. and running on 2005 tech.

also the new alien game should be fun on the wiiU, the controler screen being the rader and seeing the rader have hundereds of dots.

sony had the best press in games and flow, vita will start a handheld world that even god haven't seen, and sold me on a ps3 and vita, my xbox 360 depress me more then the wii, it really only still there for my mass effect saves.

microsoft press is petty mush (how mush can we out suck nintendo from 2008)

EDIT: said bottom screen, to uesto the other touch screen handheld.

also i feel this can be way less gimmickly then the wii, touchscreens have been proven to be uesful for gaming from nintendo and apple, and you dan't have to play spaz attack when playing zelda which should make a few peeps happy.

This post has been edited by Visadin the insane: 07 June 2011 - 12:37 PM

ACEN 2012 cosplay: white mage (FF), male pokemon trainer (pokemon black)

#42 User is offline   Scott 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9607

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:45 PM

View PostSoy Sauce, on 06 June 2011 - 12:14 PM, said:

Dance Central 2 and Halo Anniversary were the two I'm definitely getting.
Also.... HALO 4!!! (inb4 haters gonna hate)

Likewise. I hardly do gaming anymore, but I'm looking forward to Halo 4. The Anniversary edition, I'll just have to see though.

#43 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:54 PM

Wii U sounds interesting and I'd love to play the New Smash Bros....but Nintendo didn't give us a ton of details...I'd like to see or have an idea of the price. I'm liking the 1080p though. :)
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#44 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 11087

Posted 07 June 2011 - 01:01 PM

The WiiU controller is huge and probably gonna be too expensive.
Kinect? Boo!!!
Great price on the Vita but Sony has to embrace the nature portability gaming if it wants to beat Nintendo and not just have pretty games we'd just rather play with a controller and a TV.
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

FaceBook:Cedric Paul Mamuri DeviantART:PrayerPolice Instagram:PrayerPolice Pinterest:Prayer Police
Twitter:@PrayerPolice XBox gamertag:Prayer Police PS3 account ID:PrayerPolice Steam:Prayer Police

2014 cosplays: Doge......just Doge.

#45 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 07 June 2011 - 01:09 PM

Seriously? Halo 4? They are really just milking the cash cow. :\
ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#46 User is offline   Ranko 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 07 June 2011 - 01:11 PM

View PostPrayer Police, on 07 June 2011 - 01:01 PM, said:

The WiiU controller is huge and probably gonna be too expensive.
Kinect? Boo!!!
Great price on the Vita but Sony has to embrace the nature portability gaming if it wants to beat Nintendo and not just have pretty games we'd just rather play with a controller and a TV.

If you think about the cloud feature, you can just switch between whichever you like on some games.

This keyboard of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning feel tells me to post here! Take this, my knowledge, my opinion, and all of my awesomeness! SHINING POST!

#47 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 14958

Posted 07 June 2011 - 01:24 PM

I downloaded the pokedex yesterday, but I have no clue how to get those AR markers...
Acen 2011: I lost my red kodak camera. If you found it, PLEASE contact me. I really miss it.

#48 User is offline   Aiddon Valentin 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 07 June 2011 - 01:25 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 07 June 2011 - 12:54 PM, said:

Wii U sounds interesting and I'd love to play the New Smash Bros....but Nintendo didn't give us a ton of details...I'd like to see or have an idea of the price. I'm liking the 1080p though. :)

They have next year for that. This year is just to give an idea of what it's capable of. Heck, they're getting a lot of mainstream media attention just for the controller.

#49 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2011 - 01:50 PM

View PostLina, on 07 June 2011 - 01:09 PM, said:

Seriously? Halo 4? They are really just milking the cash cow. :\

That could be said for many games.

#50 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:41 PM

View Postrondo, on 07 June 2011 - 01:50 PM, said:

There are plenty that are a lot better than Halo though.
ACen '14 Cosplay

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#51 User is offline   Rukariou 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:40 PM

I can't say I'm fond of the Wii U. I was really hoping Nintendo would step away from motion control. I tuned in to their press conference right as they were introducing it, and after the preview of it was over I closed the tab. I'm not impressed, and probably will not be getting it. I only got my Wii for Pokemon Battle Revolution, and it stopped being used like a week later. Bought my mom Wii Fit for Christmas one year hoping she would find use out of it. Nope.

I'll be the first to admit I am a very casual gamer, so the Wii should appeal to me right? Even still, my PS3 gets turned on at the very least every other day for Netflix and other shows on PSN store. That's what I love about the PS3, I can use it for whatever I want. The husband's 360? Not without paying for it with my arm and leg to use it fully. And definitely not the Wii.

I know I will be getting a 3DS at some point. Nintendo has been getting me to buy their handhelds because of Pokemon alone for over a decade, but I am really excited for the PSVita. LBP looks amazingly fun on it. Unlimited possibilities, and endless fun. So excited X3 /Totally unrleated, but I did just get the kitty costume pack, nya~~
PSN ID: Rukariou - hit me up if you wanna play some Little Big Planet or kick my butt at Blazblue!

"In the name of the big white thingy in the sky, Tao will punish you!" - Taokaka, Blazblue Continuum Shift

#52 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:47 PM

I will probably get a PSVita if the price goes down. I'm content with the original PSP that I have right now. I may eventually get a 3DS, but I doubt it. I can't stand the 3D on it. It makes me dizzy and hurts my head.

I just watched the video for the Disneyland Adventures for Kinect and I would buy a Kinect just for that because I'm a Disney nerd, but I don't want to look retarded playing that game. The kids' movements just looked so bad. I won't get it, but I wouldn't mind getting it in the future if there were other games that I would play to go with it.

I watched a trailer for Disney Universe and I think it looks so cute! It's very similar to LBP and I absolutely LOVE LBP so I'll definitely pick that up. The little characters look so adorable. :heart:

I don't think I will get a Wii U. It just doesn't appeal to me.

ACen '14 Cosplay

#53 User is offline   Pashy-chan 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 16936

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:29 PM

I believe naturally Nintendo's conference would've stood out the greatest.. they are starting off the next gen after all.. but I am very skeptical of the system itself... While the controller idea is innovative... It takes much more than that to make an impressive console, which the Wii proved.. Not saying that it wasn't successful.. The Wii was a cash cow! But impressive..no.. not at all.. and they're just now getting graphics equivalent to that of it's last gen competitors...so.. I dunno.. skepticism! I'll likely pass on the WiiU for the next few years.. Wait for a price job, wait to see the competition..

Now the PSVita is something I can see myself getting.. It screamed iPhone...for gamers!! Or more like a gaming system.. with a built in iphone...to talk to gaming friends...while I game! However it's worded, I like the practicality of that! I also like knowing the price tag.. I like knowing that, alot. It seems worth the buck in my opinion.. enough to finally drive me to buy a Sony handheld~ *Moderately excited xD*

Xbox....muurrr...er.....ehhhhhhhhhhhh..........mehhhhhhhhhhhhh.... No opinion really.. xD

On a non-console related point.. So disappointed in FF13-2! D: Same auto-battle system!? Preset magic/skill choices? Ughhh... and I swear if this game is linear too.. Pfffffffffffffft...

ACen 2011: Cosplays have been determined-ish!!!!

Iris - Pokemon Black/White ::: 75%
Female Wario ::: 10%
Ganguro Gal ::: 90%

~TekoMuto Fangirl~

Hello, my name is Poshy...

#54 User is offline   Rukariou 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:57 PM

View PostPashy-chan, on 07 June 2011 - 04:29 PM, said:

On a non-console related point.. So disappointed in FF13-2! D: Same auto-battle system!? Preset magic/skill choices? Ughhh... and I swear if this game is linear too.. Pfffffffffffffft...

At least it looked like you weren't walking down a neverending hallway anymore.

#55 User is offline   Ranko 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:33 PM

Speaking of the PSVita, with any luck gamestop and other such places will offer boosted trade in value of the psp for it... they've done it for other handhelds.

#56 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:04 PM

View PostRanko, on 07 June 2011 - 05:33 PM, said:

Speaking of the PSVita, with any luck gamestop and other such places will offer boosted trade in value of the psp for it... they've done it for other handhelds.

Yeah, but the trade in value won't be that great unless you have the newest versions. Like with the 3DS. You get $100 if you trade in a DSi XL while you only get $25 for a DS Lite. I have an original PSP. I probably won't get much if I wanted to trade in my PSP for the PSVita.
ACen '14 Cosplay

#57 User is offline   NinjaJedi007 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 59569

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:21 PM

View Postrondo, on 07 June 2011 - 01:50 PM, said:

Like pretty much all successful Nintendo games. You can only play through so many Mario, Zelda, and Metroid games before it gets tiresome. Anything more than a trilogy, and I don't even really like those, is dumb and/or lazy. I don't look forward to anything Nintendo. N64 was sweet though.
Dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

#58 User is offline   Soy Sauce 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 4725

Posted 07 June 2011 - 09:12 PM

*comes in*
Yeah... I want that Wii U.
*goes out*
SoyCon 7: The School Edition | June 28-29, 2014 in Rolling Meadows, IL
Join us on Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter as well!

#59 User is offline   Ranko 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 07 June 2011 - 09:33 PM

View PostLina, on 07 June 2011 - 06:04 PM, said:

Yeah, but the trade in value won't be that great unless you have the newest versions. Like with the 3DS. You get $100 if you trade in a DSi XL while you only get $25 for a DS Lite. I have an original PSP. I probably won't get much if I wanted to trade in my PSP for the PSVita.

Yeah... I've got the original as well... but I've beaten all of the games I have for it, so I might still do it... not to mention, should get something from the games as well, if not that much.

#60 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:21 AM

View PostLina, on 07 June 2011 - 06:04 PM, said:

Gosh, if you only get $25 bucks for a DS Lite, I don't even want to know the little bit of money they would give me for my original DS. O_O

Now that I think about it, I'd like to get the Wii U since I've been a long time Nintendo fan, I but I might wait on it because I'd like them to make some small improvements to it/get the bugs out perhaps before I get one. And hopefully by then it goes down in price.
I wish that they'd make the motion control AND have it be a "time to put a butt print in my couch" console for hardcore gamers. Yeah for some games motion is really awesome but some games I just want to sit back on my couch and play. Especially like shooters or something.
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users