E3 2011 Thread! Game On!

#61 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:04 AM

View PostLina, on 07 June 2011 - 02:41 PM, said:

There are plenty that are a lot better than Halo though.

I believe that goes in both directions, both bad and good. They have gotten a little better at making more worthwhile titles that are beyond their 2nd iteration. If people wants more titles of a series, I'm not gonna knock the company for doing so. I just hope they put at least a decent effort into it.

View PostNinjaJedi007, on 07 June 2011 - 06:21 PM, said:

Like pretty much all successful Nintendo games. You can only play through so many Mario, Zelda, and Metroid games before it gets tiresome. Anything more than a trilogy, and I don't even really like those, is dumb and/or lazy. I don't look forward to anything Nintendo. N64 was sweet though.

N64 had its good games but it also had some serious crap. I personally find the SNES days the most enjoyable.

Nintendo is a good example but they are just one of many, many companies that will never let series die. It is hard to find good original titles anymore as many of the big releases are just new versions of a title you are already familiar with.

I hope to get enough Wii U's to sell and make mine free and maybe some as gifts. Nothing like satisfying the impulsive.

This post has been edited by rondo: 08 June 2011 - 09:06 AM

#62 User is offline   Rukariou 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 59353

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:47 AM

http://www.vgcats.co...s/?strip_id=303

Pretty much sums it up.
2012 cosplays; Katherine McBride [ Catherine ] | Rachel Alucard [ Blazblue ]
2012 CONS; Anime Detour | Anime Central | Otakon
Currently watching; . . . | Currently playing; Catherine
PSN ID: Rukariou - hit me up if you wanna play some Little Big Planet or kick my butt at Blazblue!

"In the name of the big white thingy in the sky, Tao will punish you!" - Taokaka, Blazblue Continuum Shift

#63 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:11 PM

So Nintendo used footage from the PS3 and X360 for its Wii U coverage. Good job. <_<

On the other hand, Vanillaware's Dragon's Crown shot up near the top of my want list.

#64 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:14 PM

Rondo: Don't forget about Squaresof-I mean Square/Enix. FF anyone? Or many of their RPGS/games in general? Wild arms wasn't a bad game series though. Too bad it's underrated.

The SNES had bad games too., such as Zero the kamikaze and that one with the bunny in the balloon. Actually all systems have cashed in on series at one point or another. The MK series, Zelda, (omg don't get me going on Zelda,) FF, Halo, etc.

Kinda laughing at Metal gear getting the HD treatment. That seems interesting and funny considering that I never played any of them. Why don't they put MGS 1 on HD! Or Metal gear! That would have been awesome!

The Wii U looks like a giant Ipad ._. I happen to not like the 3D stuff because it hurts the eyes >_<

I am not happy about another SSB. Maybe it's because I know they are NOT going to have Roy/Ike/Marth all in the same game...again. And I am afraid if they put Amy/Tails in the game or other weird Sega characters...Comic zone? Yeah right.

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 09 June 2011 - 12:15 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#65 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:04 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 09 June 2011 - 12:14 PM, said:

The MK series

You know, the first thing I thought of when I saw MK wasn't Mortal Kombat but another game that I swear was called MKII but that was awhile ago as well and everything online points to either Mortal Kombat or Hyperdimension Neptunia.

Don't get me wrong though, all systems has it turd gardens but for me, my purest gaming enjoyment came with that system. Unless you talk about the Phantom, it never had a bad game ever (nor a good one for that matter).

I guess one has to wonder where the line between being innovating and interesting as opposed to just cashing in has to be. Can't dismiss that it is both as well.

To me, the biggest cash cow sequel(s) I currently think of is in the Street Fighter series.

As for the Wii U, it looks like the tablet-like controller is only meant to be by itself...as in one per system. Keep holding onto those Wii accessories.

This post has been edited by rondo: 09 June 2011 - 03:09 PM

#66 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 09 June 2011 - 04:06 PM

Found it: it's called MDK and MDKII http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/197879-mdk

*has to agree on that point about being interesting and cashing in* *sighs* What happened to games like Jo-Jo and Guilty Gear? Now everything seems to be geared towards hardcore fighting *looks at MVC series and SF and glares*

Oh does anyone know the price point of Wii U? Did they mention it yet?

For the NGP I am good with my psp. For now.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#67 User is offline   Aiddon Valentin 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 5880

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:10 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 09 June 2011 - 04:06 PM, said:

Oh does anyone know the price point of Wii U? Did they mention it yet?

No price point, but Iwata said it wouldn't be cheaper than the Wii. It's a year away from launch so announcing a price point right now isn't necessary. My personal estimate is that it'll be $300-$350.
Kuchiki Byakuya: Ohayocon '06
Kuchiki Byakuya: ACen '06
Rose: Ohayocon '07
Part of Shinigami Squad '06

#68 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2011 - 06:51 AM

Yeah, as mentioned, the exact price has not been mentioned. Considering it's time in the console cycle and its competitors, I think that $350 price point looks like the high end. I may say $329.99.

#69 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• Honorary Forum Therapist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 447

Posted 10 June 2011 - 01:26 PM

View PostAiddon Valentin, on 09 June 2011 - 05:10 PM, said:

No price point, but Iwata said it wouldn't be cheaper than the Wii. It's a year away from launch so announcing a price point right now isn't necessary. My personal estimate is that it'll be $300-$350.

My concern isn't the price of the console. Its the price of each controller...I can't see them being less than $100 each...
Armageddicon!!
Columbus, OH December 21-23, 2012
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/

#70 User is offline   Rukariou 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59353

Posted 10 June 2011 - 02:00 PM

View PostFlyingElf, on 10 June 2011 - 01:26 PM, said:

My concern isn't the price of the console. Its the price of each controller...I can't see them being less than $100 each...

I agree. When you're already paying 50$ for an xbox/ps3, that will easily be close to 100.

And knowing Nintendo, it will probably run in 6 AA batteries. -.-
2012 cosplays; Katherine McBride [ Catherine ] | Rachel Alucard [ Blazblue ]
2012 CONS; Anime Detour | Anime Central | Otakon
Currently watching; . . . | Currently playing; Catherine
PSN ID: Rukariou - hit me up if you wanna play some Little Big Planet or kick my butt at Blazblue!

"In the name of the big white thingy in the sky, Tao will punish you!" - Taokaka, Blazblue Continuum Shift

#71 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2011 - 03:12 PM

View PostFlyingElf, on 10 June 2011 - 01:26 PM, said:

They mentioned that the tablets are intended to be only one per system and that they will be bundled with the system itself and not sold seperately.

The only issue is in the event it needs to be replaced.

#72 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• Honorary Forum Therapist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 447

Posted 10 June 2011 - 04:23 PM

View Postrondo, on 10 June 2011 - 03:12 PM, said:

They mentioned that the tablets are intended to be only one per system and that they will be bundled with the system itself and not sold seperately.

The only issue is in the event it needs to be replaced.

Making it a 1 per system device seems to really limit a lot of the cool things about it unfortunately. Like hey I'm playing Mario and we're both in different parts of the stage. Now you can just show those individual areas on your personal screen. Or simply being able to play multiplayer games without a TV which seemed to be one of their big things.

So its kinda odd especially because gathering large groups of friends to play the Wii seemed to be their big thing and having one per system seems to hurt your ability to do cool things with that for this system. We will see though. I mean we've only just got a first look. I do love the backwards compatibility though.
Armageddicon!!
Columbus, OH December 21-23, 2012
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/

#73 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 10 June 2011 - 05:23 PM

View PostRukariou, on 10 June 2011 - 02:00 PM, said:

Fond memories of my game gear. lol XD
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#74 User is offline   Aiddon Valentin 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 5880

Posted 11 June 2011 - 11:45 AM

View PostRukariou, on 10 June 2011 - 02:00 PM, said:

I agree. When you're already paying 50$ for an xbox/ps3, that will easily be close to 100.

Actually it runs off its own internal battery that's re-chargeable. Also, I don't see them being THAT expensive. Most of it is made from (improved versions of) tech that Nintendo has been using for 6-7 years now.

Another thing mentioned is that currently the system is only working with one WiiU controller at a time (though it can also run with four Wii-motes alongside it).
Kuchiki Byakuya: Ohayocon '06
Kuchiki Byakuya: ACen '06
Rose: Ohayocon '07
Part of Shinigami Squad '06

#75 User is offline   mendokuse 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 3415

Posted 12 June 2011 - 10:10 AM

In no paticular order, things I'm looking forward to after E3:

1. PS Vita (I sure love my gadgets! Boo, AT&T)
2. Wii U + tablet controller (a way for me to play while my gf watches Vampire Diaries, hell ya!)
3. Uncharted 3 (omgbbq, vomity goodness!)
4. Batman: Arkham City (another guy who loves his gadgets!)

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users