• This topic is locked

Blazblue Continuum shift II FINALLY

#1 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:41 PM

Wanted this version like forever just so I can finish writing fanfiction and drool more over the storyline:

http://www.blazblue....php?f=38&t=3194 information before release

http://en.wikipedia....Continuum_Shift (Go down, psp/3DS versions.)

Glad I have a psp. Differences so far for people too lazy to click the links:

More character story lines

All the DLC characters are included or free (hasn't been 100% confirmed.)

New modes such as Abyss

Other stuff.

EDIT: The CS for the PS3/360 has a downloadable patch as well as the extra characters. But! I could not find any information on the consoles, outside of the 3DS/PSP if CS for PS3/360 has story mode for the extra characters and Mu-12 being used outside of Vs. mode. I am going to keep my eyes peeled.

Going to try to update OP. I don't know if the 3DS version is better or the PSP version yet.

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 10 June 2011 - 03:42 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#2 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:11 PM

Can't take a fighting game on a handheld seriously. lol XD Tho I DO want them to make the next Blazblue installment. I actually REALLY like the story.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#3 User is offline   Rukariou 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 59353

Posted 03 June 2011 - 08:18 AM

This isn't a brand new game, its just a slight expansion on CS based off the 2nd edition of the arcade machines released in Japan that added Valkenhayn, Platinum, and Makoto. While I'm excited for some new story, it's not a brand new instalment.
2012 cosplays; Katherine McBride [ Catherine ] | Rachel Alucard [ Blazblue ]
2012 CONS; Anime Detour | Anime Central | Otakon
Currently watching; . . . | Currently playing; Catherine
PSN ID: Rukariou - hit me up if you wanna play some Little Big Planet or kick my butt at Blazblue!

"In the name of the big white thingy in the sky, Tao will punish you!" - Taokaka, Blazblue Continuum Shift

#4 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 03 June 2011 - 09:23 AM

May wind up getting it, but not at full price for sure. Maybe Amazon will have it for $15 or less sometime.

#5 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 June 2011 - 02:20 PM

View PostRukariou, on 03 June 2011 - 08:18 AM, said:

This isn't a brand new game, its just a slight expansion on CS based off the 2nd edition of the arcade machines released in Japan that added Valkenhayn, Platinum, and Makoto. While I'm excited for some new story, it's not a brand new instalment.

Yep! I totally know about this but thanks for pointing it out. I can put it on the front page to give the word out for folks who go like, 'I thought this was a NEW GAME BLAH.'

Been tracking BBCII for a while, since it leaked out that Tsubaki was doing the OP for this one. And even found the op for it!
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#6 User is offline   Professor_Hojo @_@ 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 10054

Posted 05 June 2011 - 10:47 AM

I have the original BlazBlue Portable, and it's pretty solid actually. The sprites take a hit, but it is still great. Perfect if you need to get your BlazBlue fix while on the train or on a road trip, or even on the toilet XD
ACen '12 Cosplays!!: ??????????????????

Visit me on Facebook! Tumblr! Twitter! DeviantArt!

#7 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2011 - 03:44 PM

Edited: added more information.

I have CS here in my possession but I can not find out if PS3/360 version have DLC to add the extra characters into story mode :unsure:

So far the only versions you can do that with is the arcade one in Japan as well as the PSP/3DS version.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#8 User is offline   Rukariou 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59353

Posted 10 June 2011 - 03:49 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 10 June 2011 - 03:44 PM, said:

Edited: added more information.

I have CS here in my possession but I can not find out if PS3/360 version have DLC to add the extra characters into story mode :unsure:

So far the only versions you can do that with is the arcade one in Japan as well as the PSP/3DS version.

DLC would be awesome! But I doubt it. :\

The new characters were on the disc at release, so I doubt they'll add actual new content.
2012 cosplays; Katherine McBride [ Catherine ] | Rachel Alucard [ Blazblue ]
2012 CONS; Anime Detour | Anime Central | Otakon
Currently watching; . . . | Currently playing; Catherine
PSN ID: Rukariou - hit me up if you wanna play some Little Big Planet or kick my butt at Blazblue!

"In the name of the big white thingy in the sky, Tao will punish you!" - Taokaka, Blazblue Continuum Shift

#9 User is offline   ceromagus22 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 18440

Posted 11 June 2011 - 01:41 AM

I just bought calamity trigger since it was cheap at the time. Cant wait to pick this one up soon
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCeroRei <----My Channel with a decent amount of Cosplay Meetup videos
https://www.facebook.com/rei.cero<--my facebook
3DS Friend code: 0087-3065-7685

#10 User is offline   Jiraiya 

• Panel Programming Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 4722

Posted 11 June 2011 - 03:43 AM

?!?!?

New characters as DLC?
I do believe as soon as you bought the 3 extra characters, their story will be added in Story Mode. I already have both Valkenhayn and Makoto for my CS for the 360, now waiting to get paid so I can get Platinum The Trinity added to my roster.
"I'm not a pervert, I'm the ULTIMATE GRANDMASTER PERVERT EMPEROR JIRAIYA!"
"Asobi wo.... OWARI DA!" - Iori Yagami of King of Fighters
Xbox Live Gamertag: JiraiyaKurokaze
Officially dubbed SNORLAX
Arch-Lord Emperor of CHEESE!!! "I loo~~ove cheese, DON'T TOUCH MY CHEESE!!!"
Please participate in my Fighting Game Research Survey

#11 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2011 - 11:12 AM

View PostJiraiya, on 11 June 2011 - 03:43 AM, said:

?!?!?

New characters as DLC?
I do believe as soon as you bought the 3 extra characters, their story will be added in Story Mode. I already have both Valkenhayn and Makoto for my CS for the 360, now waiting to get paid so I can get Platinum The Trinity added to my roster.

Did you test out Valkenhayn in story mode as well as arcade mode? I wanted to know so I can confirm this. From what google and the internet says so far, it's a no and only the PSP/3DS version has that as well as the arcade version in Japan as stated >.<

I really want to know!
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#12 User is offline   Jiraiya 

• Panel Programming Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 4722

Posted 11 June 2011 - 11:20 AM

Hmmm... unfortunately, I won't be able to tell you at the moment (due to some circumstances) from my 360, I might have to wait till next Friday or something. I am so sorry. I will try to help you and ask around.
"I'm not a pervert, I'm the ULTIMATE GRANDMASTER PERVERT EMPEROR JIRAIYA!"
"Asobi wo.... OWARI DA!" - Iori Yagami of King of Fighters
Xbox Live Gamertag: JiraiyaKurokaze
Officially dubbed SNORLAX
Arch-Lord Emperor of CHEESE!!! "I loo~~ove cheese, DON'T TOUCH MY CHEESE!!!"
Please participate in my Fighting Game Research Survey

#13 User is offline   Aiddon Valentin 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 5880

Posted 11 June 2011 - 11:47 AM

the DLC character DON'T get their own story mode, mostly due to the fact that by the time they were being programmed in they didn't have their own storylines for the game.
Kuchiki Byakuya: Ohayocon '06
Kuchiki Byakuya: ACen '06
Rose: Ohayocon '07
Part of Shinigami Squad '06

#14 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 June 2011 - 08:48 AM

View PostAiddon Valentin, on 11 June 2011 - 11:47 AM, said:

the DLC character DON'T get their own story mode, mostly due to the fact that by the time they were being programmed in they didn't have their own storylines for the game.

So this would mean that only the Arcade version of BBCSII, PSP, and 3DS versions have storyline modes and the console systems only have DLC characters and other things (such as colors, etc.) I haven't tested this myself because 1) Bills come first, 2) I have to set up my internet since I only have wifi at my place, 3)Doing a translation project so I rather buy the PC game first than 50 dollars of DLC.

Jiraiya: Sorries~ Didn't mean to rush you like that >.< Take your time.

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 12 June 2011 - 08:50 AM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users