Anime Central Forums: Anime World Chicago - Anime Central Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Anime World Chicago Registration is Open!

#1 User is offline   sailormoon846212 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 54503

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:21 PM

Hey Everyone,
I wanted to let you all know about a new convention coming this summer. It's called Anime World Chicago. It's going to be held at Marriot O'Hare Hotel in Rosemont, IL on August 19-21st 2011. This is their first year, so they are hoping for a good turnout.

Registration is now open and can be found here: http://www.animeworl...ation/attendee/
Prices range from single day to full weekend to special gold and silver membership. Check it out.

They are going to have great panels, fan-favorite guest stars, thrilling game tournaments, wall-worthy artwork and fully stocked vendors’ hall, with an awesome masquerade. Special guests include VIC MIGNOGNA, Mark Hildreth
Carli Mosier, and Jan Scott-Frazier.

We are now looking for more forum members as well, so come on by and register and chat with us :)

Official site can be found here: http://www.animeworldchicago.com

Hope to see you there!

#2 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:30 PM

I'll go! I love Mark Hildreth! He is such a nice guy and he is a wonderful singer!

Also, why am I not allowed to edit my own profile on your forums?

This post has been edited by Lina: 31 May 2011 - 03:32 PM

ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#3 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 11087

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:08 PM

Is the Marriot fully booked for that weekend?
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

FaceBook:Cedric Paul Mamuri DeviantART:PrayerPolice Instagram:PrayerPolice Pinterest:Prayer Police
Twitter:@PrayerPolice XBox gamertag:Prayer Police PS3 account ID:PrayerPolice Steam:Prayer Police

2014 cosplays: Doge......just Doge.

#4 User is offline   Exezer 

• Exhibit Space
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 53384

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:18 PM

I think the admin needs to give us permission to post in that forum and then we can edit the details......maybe

#5 User is offline   HiroEcks 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 59556

Posted 31 May 2011 - 06:30 PM

Wow, this is walking distance to my house. I guess I COULD stop by.
My friends call me HADOUKEN because I'm down (▼) right (►) FIERCE!
Get it??

Thursday Late Night Meet n' Greet v3

♫ HiroEcks sings? ♫
♫ and does covers? ♫

#6 User is offline   tfcreate 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 115

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:05 PM

Yes. I will be there as well.
I try to support local first year anime cons.
Any alternative is better than other local drug-cons.

This post has been edited by tfcreate: 31 May 2011 - 07:13 PM

Decide on your masters, people, for you cannot serve both. Either be an anime con or be a 3-day frat party. (I'm Done with ACen.)
Those who can't be bothered with the little things can't be trusted with the big ones.... ~Larry Bell-Founder of the Bell Aircraft Co.
Any fool can learn from his own mistakes. The wise learn from the mistakes of others....~ Democritus
Posers worry about how they look when they take pictures, shooters worry about the how you look when they shoot.
ACen and cosplay photos
How I Spent ACen 04' Making these.....
(2012)
Next Photoshoot~ Anime Iowa

#7 User is offline   sailormoon846212 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:06 PM

View PostLina, on 31 May 2011 - 03:30 PM, said:

Also, why am I not allowed to edit my own profile on your forums?

You have to get permission from the admin in order to edit profile and post on forum. Don't worry, it does not take that long to get accepted. Just check your e-mail.

The Marriot as far as I know is not fully booked. I just booked my stay yesterday, so you still got time.

#8 User is offline   Darko 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 18698

Posted 01 June 2011 - 12:41 AM

if i got time and some spare change i might mosey on down there with some buds
Acen2014 - Creator Viktor - League of Legends
ACen 2013- Artorias the abysswalker -Darksouls
Apocalypse year ACen 2012-DEADMAU5 RAINBOSS- CustomLED Helmet

Questions about props?Email me . Details on my profile

#9 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 01 June 2011 - 01:28 AM

I'm still in debate because it's the week befor school starts. But I should beable to talk to people to go. What's the prices at the Marriot?
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#10 User is offline   Myrddin 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 10167

Posted 01 June 2011 - 01:35 AM

I don't like the idea of Gold and Silver memberships, even if you do get a lot for the price. I'll pass but I hope everyone who goes has fun!

#11 User is offline   Keans 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 57580

Posted 01 June 2011 - 06:18 AM

View PostMyrddin, on 01 June 2011 - 01:35 AM, said:

I don't like the idea of Gold and Silver memberships, even if you do get a lot for the price. I'll pass but I hope everyone who goes has fun!

You realize you can also just get the Weekend membership which is just $40? and theres also individual days... Just saying. lol
ACEN 2012:
Big O! - Roger Smith
Fairy Tail - Gajeel

ACEN 2013 - Gene Starwin(Outlaw Star)
Go check my FB Album and give me suggestions!!!
[/size]Facebook DeviantArt

#12 User is offline   Pashy-chan 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 16936

Posted 01 June 2011 - 10:30 AM

@.@;; I'm with you.. You can't even go to signings without one of those memberships... really pricey for a first year con.. T~T *Passing* But indeed! have fun, and tell us all how it goes!! I'm really curious and hope it's a total success! ^.^
ACen 2011: Cosplays have been determined-ish!!!!

Iris - Pokemon Black/White ::: 75%
Female Wario ::: 10%
Ganguro Gal ::: 90%

~TekoMuto Fangirl~

Hello, my name is Poshy...

#13 User is offline   sinfinity 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 4643

Posted 01 June 2011 - 12:09 PM

View PostPashy-chan, on 01 June 2011 - 10:30 AM, said:

You can't even go to signings without one of those memberships...

My understanding is that silver and gold members just get to skip the line or something:

We hate waiting in line for autographs and we know you do to. Special arrangements for Gold and Silver members in the autograph room have been made so now you can get your autograph without dying in line. It’s pretty awesome, we know.

Of course I could be totally wrong. In which case, that's disappointing.

#14 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2011 - 01:11 PM

It's a good idea and works (for smaller cons), but it really depends on what you get for it. I know at Youma they have the Platinum Badge where you gets some free swag, you get priority for autographs and main events, priority badge pick up and you get free access to either the Maid Cafe or the Charity Ball. I think there might be more perks, but I can't recall. It should be on their website. It used to be $100, but this year it went up to $120, which I understand because the con has over 9000 (meme not intended) attendees and keeps on growing. It also works well if you get guests that a lot of people will want to meet. If you don't have a use for it, then don't get it. Like, I wouldn't get it for Anime World Chicago because I don't care for Vic and some of the other guests and I've already met Mark Hildreth (though I wouldn't mind meeting him again. He is such a sweet down-to-earth guy, but I wouldn't pay $85 or $125 to see him).

Since I'm only about 20 minutes away from this convention I'll probably go for a day if I have the time and not buy a badge. Just kind of get a feel for the con.

ACen '14 Cosplay

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#15 User is offline   Keans 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 57580

Posted 01 June 2011 - 02:46 PM

Unfortunetly this is the same weekend as Ramencon, which is another near by con. One that has been going on for longer and which will probably take away all the Indiana people that attend ACen. I still havnt decided which one I will go to, I might end up going to both on alternate days or going to neither.. Its all in the air for me.
ACEN 2012:
Big O! - Roger Smith
Fairy Tail - Gajeel

ACEN 2013 - Gene Starwin(Outlaw Star)
Go check my FB Album and give me suggestions!!!
[/size]Facebook DeviantArt

#16 User is offline   C2Queen 

• Publication Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: Forum Staff
  • Member No.: 59630

Posted 01 June 2011 - 04:22 PM

I'm contemplating going to this. I've been talking with a few friends of mine about it. Its the weekend of my birthday and would really make a great birthday trip for me =] I'm hoping to go. I was going to go to Ramencon but I'm not very familiar with the area and it seems to be a little more expensive than AnimeWorldChicago. I know Ramencon is supposed to have Travis Willingham though >.<; But AnimeWorldChicago is going to have Vic Mignogna and is supposed to have around 4,000 attendees as opposed to a few hundred that Ramencon is supposed to have. Chicago is an area me and my friends are familiar with too... and the Mariott is a bit cheaper to stay at.

My Upcoming Cons/Events (2014): Soycon, Ramencon
Recently Attended (2014): Anime Central, Colossalcon

For general questions & questions about forum registration -- EMAIL US.

#17 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2011 - 09:31 PM

View PostKeans, on 01 June 2011 - 02:46 PM, said:

Unfortunetly this is the same weekend as Ramencon, which is another near by con. One that has been going on for longer and which will probably take away all the Indiana people that attend ACen. I still havnt decided which one I will go to, I might end up going to both on alternate days or going to neither.. Its all in the air for me.

Uh, Ramencon is a first year con as well.
ACen '14 Cosplay

#18 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:01 PM

Probably not going to go. One main thing that got to me was the additonal fee tacked on. I did three weekend passes, plus a one day pass. If it was the straight amount without fee, I would be happy to go, but for almost 160 and paying for a hotel, that's a bit much for a first year. Even C2E2 which is run by a larger group is less of a cost then this.
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

Pardon the Pause

#19 User is offline   Myrddin 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 10167

Posted 03 June 2011 - 07:04 PM

View PostLina, on 01 June 2011 - 01:11 PM, said:

It's a good idea and works (for smaller cons), but it really depends on what you get for it. I know at Youma they have the Platinum Badge where you gets some free swag, you get priority for autographs and main events, priority badge pick up and you get free access to either the Maid Cafe or the Charity Ball. I think there might be more perks, but I can't recall. It should be on their website. It used to be $100, but this year it went up to $120, which I understand because the con has over 9000 (meme not intended) attendees and keeps on growing. It also works well if you get guests that a lot of people will want to meet. If you don't have a use for it, then don't get it. Like, I wouldn't get it for Anime World Chicago because I don't care for Vic and some of the other guests and I've already met Mark Hildreth (though I wouldn't mind meeting him again. He is such a sweet down-to-earth guy, but I wouldn't pay $85 or $125 to see him).

Since I'm only about 20 minutes away from this convention I'll probably go for a day if I have the time and not buy a badge. Just kind of get a feel for the con.

I understand why cons and such do it, I'm just not a big fan. The main reason I'm not going this year is that I have to move into my dorm that weekend, as I start school the Monday after. Regardless, I'd rather wait and see how the con goes this year to see if (in my opinion) it's worth while to pay that much more on top of the badge price.

#20 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 June 2011 - 09:41 PM

View PostMyrddin, on 03 June 2011 - 07:04 PM, said:

I understand why cons and such do it, I'm just not a big fan. The main reason I'm not going this year is that I have to move into my dorm that weekend, as I start school the Monday after. Regardless, I'd rather wait and see how the con goes this year to see if (in my opinion) it's worth while to pay that much more on top of the badge price.

I totally understand! I'm not a big fan of it either since I wouldn't have much use for it other than for guests if there are any I'm interested in.
ACen '14 Cosplay

#21 User is offline   sailormoon846212 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:02 PM

View PostDark Spellmaster, on 01 June 2011 - 01:28 AM, said:

I'm still in debate because it's the week befor school starts. But I should beable to talk to people to go. What's the prices at the Marriot?

The price is $89 a night before tax.

I don't like the idea of Gold and Silver memberships, even if you do get a lot for the price.

Yeah, I see how that can discourage a lot of people form going, but in general, I still think it's a good idea. Plus for single day badge, it's $5 cheaper than ACEN.

View PostPashy-chan, on 01 June 2011 - 10:30 AM, said:

@.@;; I'm with you.. You can't even go to signings without one of those memberships

I am pretty sure that you can still get autographs even without the gold and silver badge. I think it just means waiting in longer for signings if you don't have one. I could ask if you want to be sure on the information?

#22 User is offline   Femme Fatale 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7220

Posted 05 June 2011 - 08:04 AM

I don't know if I will attend.
Excel's Big Sis

Coming Soon to ACen 2015

Celestia Ludenberg (Dangan Ronpa)

#23 User is offline   NinjaJedi007 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 59569

Posted 05 June 2011 - 08:16 AM

This seems very tempting, especially since it's not that expensive and down the street from me. It kind of worries me since it's the first year though. I want it to be just as good as ACen! They need to finish and update their site already too.
Dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

#24 User is offline   Kokoro 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 19175

Posted 05 June 2011 - 02:31 PM

Another August con? Wow. Bad timing. As if there weren't 89347932864 other events competing for attention in August. Doubt I'll be able to go.

Vic is only gonna be there on Sunday, FYI.
Rawr. ♥

#25 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 June 2011 - 10:17 PM

View PostKokoro, on 05 June 2011 - 02:31 PM, said:

Another August con? Wow. Bad timing. As if there weren't 89347932864 other events competing for attention in August. Doubt I'll be able to go.

....Well then there will only be Vic fans coming that day. Hummm again debating but I don't know, it's the online fee that gets to me. I know places do that, but it just seems a bit much for a new con to use a site that tacks this on rather then use a site like Acen does where there's no fee? Also I didn't see an option to mail is there one?

Pardon the Pause

#26 User is offline   Normandy 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59117

Posted 05 June 2011 - 10:55 PM

I'm still deciding whether I should go to this or Ramencon. This would be easier for me to get to, though. :unsure:

#27 User is offline   sailormoon846212 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:31 PM

View PostTHTR, on 05 June 2011 - 10:55 PM, said:

I'm still deciding whether I should go to this or Ramencon. This would be easier for me to get to, though. :unsure:

I also like that the whole con takes place in just the hotel. Makes it easier to get around.

View PostKokoro, on 05 June 2011 - 02:31 PM, said:

How did you find that out? I can't seem to find when guest will come anywhere. I did however noticed that he will make an appearance at Ani-Jam 2011 the same weekend. But don't worry, he will be at this convention as well.

I also have asked about badges (if they are being mailed out or not) and how autograph signings work, so hopefully will get a reply soon and will let you all know, thanks.

#28 User is offline   Kokoro 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 19175

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:09 AM

View Postsailormoon846212, on 05 June 2011 - 11:31 PM, said:

How did you find that out? I can't seem to find when guest will come anywhere. I did however noticed that he will make an appearance at Ani-Jam 2011 the same weekend. But don't worry, he will be at this convention as well.

He has an engagement the same weekend and Anime World Chicago explained on Facebook that he will only be there Sunday (although he will be there all day on Sunday).

This post has been edited by Kokoro: 06 June 2011 - 09:11 AM

Rawr. ♥

#29 User is offline   dchan 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 1155

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:22 PM

Eventbrite charges the additional fee, not the convention.

Although personally, I wouldn't be a fan of it either. There are pleanty of conventions who don't have "additional fees" for registering on-line and those who include it in the price of admission.

Sucks that there's two cons so close together on the same weekend. AWC & RC beat out Kuzoricon & Anime Detroit 2009 for proximity on the same weekend. (Good luck to both - I'm fairly certain only one of those MI cons survived.)

#30 User is offline   sailormoon846212 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:23 PM

View PostKokoro, on 06 June 2011 - 09:09 AM, said:

He has an engagement the same weekend and Anime World Chicago explained on Facebook that he will only be there Sunday (although he will be there all day on Sunday).

Oh, okay, thanks. Bummer for me though, I won't be there on sunday. I was hoping he come by either friday or saturday. Maybe next time. :)

Also, I just found out that badges are not being mailed out. You can pick them up at the con and there will be a separate line for pre-reg people.

Also, anyone can get an autograph. They just meant that people with gold and silver memberships will have less time waiting in line.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users