Okay, so I went to the convention this year, my physical condition is well... not so great. I sliced my finger open with a knife pretty deeply on Saturday, my hand was oozing out blood and ended up bleeding out again later that night. I fainted, and had some trouble with a few persistent men intent on gaining things from me. Not to mention a drunken stalker and a few other odd things. (The IRT was able to handle the drunk stalker but he ended up following me again later) I have anxiety problems and breathing trouble too so I'd need someone on constant watch of me. My physical condition is becoming pretty weak so I know I'll need this. I'm extremely friendly and kind and people often take that the wrong way too. I had a few odd threats and other things occur as well to where I feel I need to do this (Even though I spoke to the staff and they kindly tried to assist me) A friend of mine was able to help me out for 2011 but I fear as I keep getting weaker something unexpected may happen that the IRT won't be able to look out for me for. I can't have them watch and follow me 24/7, THUS I am hiring a bodyguard/Guardian for ACEN 2012.
1. Have some sort of medical/first aid knowledge or just be able to respond quickly to a serious situation and escort me to the medical room the ACEN convention has.
2. Prove to me you have no sexual intentions and will not be a threat to my safety. I do not mind if you are a man or a woman, if you are a woman though I would prefer if you have some sort of martial arts/self defense experience or anything else in case of a physical situation involving attack etc. Women can come off less intimidating as men at times, it's not meant to be offensive I would just rather both of us be safe.
3. Be able to make your shift to be with me and watch out for me.
4.. I will teach you about the medicines I need or things that will help me in certain circumstances so be sure to retain that information and be able to utilize it in case of any situation. (Basically just telling you this medicine does this, its in this bag if I cant breathe, if this happens then grab that and give it to me.)
5. Be physically tough enough to be able hold me up at least if I faint, OR just know how to/can transport me/get help immediately.
6. You must already be a con attendee and have your own badge, room, money for food etc. I will only be paying for bodyguard services.
Its basically just hanging out with me, watching over me, and IF anything happens being able to respond and get me to safety or keep me safe.
I've decided I will have you guys doing shifts, since so many took interest. I picked the most experienced people who have applied and the ones who best met my requirements. I will pay for those who help me/hired, even if you said you didn't want me to. I WILL push my money on you. (I will also be hiring back-ups and a more solid schedule will be made out as the con draws more near)
Days I will have a bodyguard/someone to assist me/watch out for me:
Friday (April 27th) - Rate for Friday $110 for the day
Saturday (April 28th) - Rate for the day $130 (considering this day seems to be busiest and has more dangers)
Sunday (April 29th) - $80 (because it's the shortest convention day)
I might possibly have one of the people I hired too to be around with me Thursday and pay them the Sunday rate of $80 for escorting me to the meet n greet etc. (since we wouldnt arrive until the middle of the afternoon like 3-4pm, not much going on really)
This post has been edited by C2Queen: 30 May 2011 - 06:07 PM