Anime Central Forums: A better solution to iron on transfer sheets? - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

A better solution to iron on transfer sheets?

#1 User is offline   JennifurAB 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 59888

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:17 PM

I'm in the planning stage of my cosplay for Acen 2012, and I need some advice. Is there a better way to transfer images to fabric than iron on transfer sheets? I don't have enough money to seek a professional out for this, especially since it's only a few decals, but I'm using a black fabric, and it would be too tedious to cut out the shape of the decals (The downside to using the dark-fabric transfer sheets). If anyone has a solution, I'd love to hear it!
ACen 2014: Maya Fey (Ace Attorney series); ACen 2013: Rio/Rachel (Harvest Moon - ANB), Rose Lalonde, Aradiasprite (MSPA - Homestuck); ACen 2012: Problem Sleuth (MSPA - Problem Sleuth)
-----
DA: [X] Tumblr: [X]

#2 User is offline   Millions_Knives 

• Masquerade Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 8636

Posted 28 May 2011 - 06:21 AM

We found that screen printing machines are good for making our own custom fabric patterns
does that help?
want to learn about cosplay materials? click here->my youtube cosplay tips and tricks<-click here

#3 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:42 AM

Though, screenprinting machines are expensive!
http://i56.tinypic.com/ojiffd.jpg Even the ink is expensive! If you do something like this, make sure you have cardboard underneath in case of ink bleeding.
Alternately, you can follow this tutorial with fabric paint or acrylic with decoart's fabric medium (Make sure it is thoroughly mixed to prevent crackage!)

#4 User is offline   JennifurAB 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 59888

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:07 PM

View Postcactusmomma, on 28 May 2011 - 09:42 AM, said:

Though, screenprinting machines are expensive!
http://i56.tinypic.com/ojiffd.jpg Even the ink is expensive! If you do something like this, make sure you have cardboard underneath in case of ink bleeding.
Alternately, you can follow this tutorial with fabric paint or acrylic with decoart's fabric medium (Make sure it is thoroughly mixed to prevent crackage!)

Thanks for the tutorial, I'll probably be using it for the lettering on the costume. :3
ACen 2014: Maya Fey (Ace Attorney series); ACen 2013: Rio/Rachel (Harvest Moon - ANB), Rose Lalonde, Aradiasprite (MSPA - Homestuck); ACen 2012: Problem Sleuth (MSPA - Problem Sleuth)
-----
DA: [X] Tumblr: [X]

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users