Anime Central Forums: Forum Roleplay - Anime Central Forums

Jump to content

  • 3 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Forum Roleplay Er, the title is fine. :D

Poll: Roleplay Genre (Pick it Gorramit ><) (28 member(s) have cast votes)

What genre would you like to roleplay in? (Multiples allowed)

  1. Fantasy (20 votes [17.54%])

    Percentage of vote: 17.54%

  2. Sci-fi (20 votes [17.54%])

    Percentage of vote: 17.54%

  3. Space Opera (5 votes [4.39%])

    Percentage of vote: 4.39%

  4. Steampunk (11 votes [9.65%])

    Percentage of vote: 9.65%

  5. Victorian (8 votes [7.02%])

    Percentage of vote: 7.02%

  6. Western (9 votes [7.89%])

    Percentage of vote: 7.89%

  7. Modern (14 votes [12.28%])

    Percentage of vote: 12.28%

  8. Animesque (19 votes [16.67%])

    Percentage of vote: 16.67%

  9. Other (8 votes [7.02%])

    Percentage of vote: 7.02%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 User is offline   Ramza Beoulve 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 2974
  • Posts: 693
  • Joined: 07-September 04
  • Location:Chicago / Berwyn, IL / Elkhart County, IN

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:41 PM

View PostSuigetsu, on 01 June 2011 - 06:44 PM, said:

Oh, kinda of like a section in forums that would have multiple areas to post threads on what ever, IE forest, main city, etc. I myself owned an Inn.
We rarely fought and if it did it never used dice.

I would still enjoy RPing here though, I just never used dice before.


Like Sko said, dice aren't just for fighting. Dice are also to determine the outcome of many actions. The dice roll + the appropriate ability + skill modifier. For instance, if you wanted to make a balance check on a tight rope, you'd roll a ballance check (balance skill + dexterity modifier + outcome of roll). Whatever the total number is, tells the DM how well a person balanced against the appropriate difficulty rating. Balancing on flat ground wouldn't really need a check, it would be assumed, unless someone tries to take you off balance. Balancing on a curb, would be more difficult and balancing while walking on a tight rope would be nearly impossible for untrained characters. That's why every character is unique. Rogues would be more suited to such a thing, or performers like bards. When you don't have a rogue or lockpick, you get a barbarian to smash the bloody door down. Gung ho! If an action is very easy, or you actually have some time to accomplish it, you can take 10 or 20, depending on the action. You can also have multiple characters assist in an action, for quicker results.
Mom 2/5/1962-7/22/2006 <3
-Siempre en nuestras corazones-

Always remember the longer you live the sooner you'll bloody well die!

#32 User is offline   Ramza Beoulve 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 2974
  • Posts: 693
  • Joined: 07-September 04
  • Location:Chicago / Berwyn, IL / Elkhart County, IN

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:52 PM

View PostSuigetsu, on 01 June 2011 - 07:40 PM, said:

But with dice you have to have a DM constant at all times. Without dice you don't need anyone to moderate what you do. It's like a sandbox thing.


Not necessarily. At times when the DM/storyteller isn't present, characters could interact with eachother. On those occasions, the players would be left to cooperative, reasonable, and responsible roleplay. Basically, don't be a feminine hygiene product and pretend you're superman. Unless you're epic level...which will take quite some time to accomplish. And at that point, epic characters wouldn't have much to do with lower level characters, except for cameos and on the off chance they're in the same battle or scene, they'd be in two different difficulty areas. A good analogy would be Privates and Corporals versus the same in one part and on the other side of the scene captains and colonels. Also, any roleplay done while not under the supervision of a DM will be subject to scrutiny. Just to make sure people aren't "god moding" and "cheating,". It would also be best to refrain from engaging NPCs in combat, if they're high profile plot characters, while a game is unproctored. Let me know if any of that is confusing.

Say that Joe Jack, Bob Dole, Ophelia Right, Rachel, and Pete the Yellow-belly are in a campaign together (all player characters) and they meet with some noble, or king...they'll be able to interact with them, or attack them at will. But in the instance that the DM is not available, it'd be best to leave them alone. I'd be willing to ignore that rule, if the players involve are intelligent and creative (and reasonable >_<). I'd also have to review the content, if anything crazy happens. I don't want to constrict the creative juices, but I also want to make it fair and reasonably consistent. Yanno?

View PostKii, on 01 June 2011 - 09:04 PM, said:

See, I always wondered why the forums didn't have this a long time ago.
Seems like the place.


A place like what? Roleplaying Thread? :3
Mom 2/5/1962-7/22/2006 <3
-Siempre en nuestras corazones-

Always remember the longer you live the sooner you'll bloody well die!

#33 User is offline   Ramza Beoulve 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 2974
  • Posts: 693
  • Joined: 07-September 04
  • Location:Chicago / Berwyn, IL / Elkhart County, IN

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:58 PM

Oh, also players would be able to take missions or quests from townsfolk...like mercenary quests, plunder, rescue...or just regular jobs to make extra cash. Sit in a pub and drink ale and watch beautiful buxom half-elven lasses dance, for all I care. Everybody has a character and that character is theirs, not mine, nor anybody elses. I'm probably gonna need an assistant,or two if anyone is interested. They could also serve as DMs in a pinch, or if I'm not available. Be sure that your character can eat and drink and sleep regularly. It may affect fatigue, moralle, and the psyche. By coin or bow, make sure you eat! And always remember the longer you live, the sooner you bloody well die. :D
Mom 2/5/1962-7/22/2006 <3
-Siempre en nuestras corazones-

Always remember the longer you live the sooner you'll bloody well die!

#34 User is offline   Skogkatt 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 59762
  • Posts: 209
  • Joined: 27-March 11
  • Location:Citadel, Gallifrey, Kasterborous

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:26 PM

View PostRamza Beoulve, on 02 June 2011 - 01:36 PM, said:

Character sheets wouldn't be available for other PCs to see. Only the DM or an assistant would be privy. Alignment would be secret as well. Its all up to roleplaying to figure such things out. Also, someone might pretend to be good in demeanor, but really at their core they're quite evil. Which leads to interesting plots. I did a d20 Final Fantasy Campaign once...I basically simplified the character sheet to have abilities/stats, saves, hp, mp (or spells per day like D&D and the original Final Fantasy), appearance, name...all the basic stuff. A bio, possibly a character avatar illustration, equipment, weapons, items. As for skills, I had a simple system of your skill in something was equal to the ability modifier it uses. Though, I'm not totally against using the whole skill set, with skill points. I just don't want everyone to get lost. Although, I tell all newbies, you don't really have to know how to play. The DM will help you fill out your character sheet and they will tell you when you need to roll and ask you what actions you'd like to, or are able to take. Also, a character might elect to be incognito/disguised at their introduction episode, so giving away a character illustration to other player characters wouldn't be prudent, unless some of the characters know eachother. A lot of ways we can do this and it doesn't have to be the same for everyone.

I'm also used to DMs starting a story in a pub, or a cafe, or some other benign place. It can be alright for new players, but its pretty tired and boring. I once started a campaign with a call to arms against a dragon, making its nest of a castle keep. Only one person died, but they were revived. xD My friend whined, because he thought I should start them against skeletons or something inocuous. The funny part is that he was a Dragoon/Lancer. -.- Go figure, the one who would be able to really have at a dragon would complain. lawl.

Ohyeah, alignment would be shared with the DM. I said, appearance and stuff should be shared with everyone. But yeah, I was a Lawful Evil once and no one bloody cared about charisma checks and didn't trust my character anyway. AND HE HAD HIGH CHARISMA, DARNIT!
Basic. Yes. That makes for the best. :3 I do like keeping skills though, just sometimes I'll combine Int with Wis to make it easier. Skill points are useful for when you use levels, and someone levels up a couple times while adding points onto their dexterity and at a certain point their dexterity modifier will go up.
Hey, I like starting in an inn or somewhere; it gives the characters some stasis time to get acquainted with each other before the real bonding starts in toughing it out. How did the starting it crazy lead the story? In the two I played, one was a cliche heroes' journey, going on a quest to find things to destroy the evil person and save the world. The other was a brilliant mystery that had me crying with joy like the epicness of the scariest Doctor Who episode times a thousand. There was just all this weird stuff going on and each clue kept leading to another mystery. It takes some serious experience to DM something like that, though. XD
ACen 2011: Norway[Hetalia], casual!Prussia[Hetalia], child!Third Doctor[Doctor Who]

vFuture ideas
gijinka!K-9[Doctor Who]60%, gijinka!Intelligence Core[Portal]40%, normal!Jade[Homestuck]50%, Duelist Kingdom!Bakura[YuGiOh]5%, student!Evangeline[Negima!?]50%, Lieutenant!Aizen[Bleach]30%

I'm open for costume-designing commissions!

#35 User is offline   Sir Viver 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 45691
  • Posts: 1,050
  • Joined: 11-December 09

Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:32 PM

I put on my robe and wizard hat.
Soul of the mind, key to life's ether...
Soul of the lost, withdrawn from its vessel...
Let strength be granted so the world might be mended...
So the world might be mended...

#36 User is offline   Ramza Beoulve 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 2974
  • Posts: 693
  • Joined: 07-September 04
  • Location:Chicago / Berwyn, IL / Elkhart County, IN

Posted 03 June 2011 - 02:57 PM

View PostSkogkatt, on 02 June 2011 - 04:26 PM, said:

Ohyeah, alignment would be shared with the DM. I said, appearance and stuff should be shared with everyone. But yeah, I was a Lawful Evil once and no one bloody cared about charisma checks and didn't trust my character anyway. AND HE HAD HIGH CHARISMA, DARNIT!
Basic. Yes. That makes for the best. :3 I do like keeping skills though, just sometimes I'll combine Int with Wis to make it easier. Skill points are useful for when you use levels, and someone levels up a couple times while adding points onto their dexterity and at a certain point their dexterity modifier will go up.
Hey, I like starting in an inn or somewhere; it gives the characters some stasis time to get acquainted with each other before the real bonding starts in toughing it out. How did the starting it crazy lead the story? In the two I played, one was a cliche heroes' journey, going on a quest to find things to destroy the evil person and save the world. The other was a brilliant mystery that had me crying with joy like the epicness of the scariest Doctor Who episode times a thousand. There was just all this weird stuff going on and each clue kept leading to another mystery. It takes some serious experience to DM something like that, though. XD


Mhm. I always play characters with charisma, even if I have to suffer on other stats. Trust me, charisma will play a factor in any game.

View PostSir Viver, on 02 June 2011 - 10:32 PM, said:

I put on my robe and wizard hat.


Lolz. You're funny Abe Simpson.
Mom 2/5/1962-7/22/2006 <3
-Siempre en nuestras corazones-

Always remember the longer you live the sooner you'll bloody well die!

#37 User is offline   Ramza Beoulve 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 2974
  • Posts: 693
  • Joined: 07-September 04
  • Location:Chicago / Berwyn, IL / Elkhart County, IN

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:49 PM

Looks like the majority want a fantasy adventure. The two runners up are Sci-fi and Animesque. We need a tie breaker for the sub-genre.
Mom 2/5/1962-7/22/2006 <3
-Siempre en nuestras corazones-

Always remember the longer you live the sooner you'll bloody well die!

#38 User is offline   Skogkatt 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 59762
  • Posts: 209
  • Joined: 27-March 11
  • Location:Citadel, Gallifrey, Kasterborous

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:17 PM

View PostRamza Beoulve, on 06 June 2011 - 04:49 PM, said:

Looks like the majority want a fantasy adventure. The two runners up are Sci-fi and Animesque. We need a tie breaker for the sub-genre.

Hey, why don't we just do a science-fantasy(fantasy generally contemporary or futuristic often mistaken for Sci-Fi such as Artemis Fowl or Star Wars) and use animeesque as the sub-genre?
If not, I vote for Sci-Fi. Or...um...GAH, I DUNNO. :wacko:
ACen 2011: Norway[Hetalia], casual!Prussia[Hetalia], child!Third Doctor[Doctor Who]

vFuture ideas
gijinka!K-9[Doctor Who]60%, gijinka!Intelligence Core[Portal]40%, normal!Jade[Homestuck]50%, Duelist Kingdom!Bakura[YuGiOh]5%, student!Evangeline[Negima!?]50%, Lieutenant!Aizen[Bleach]30%

I'm open for costume-designing commissions!

#39 User is offline   Jeff 

  • Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 29995
  • Posts: 453
  • Joined: 12-May 09
  • Location:Bridgeview Illinois

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:44 PM

Not as many steampunk fans as I'd like :(
Love, Peace, & Video Games

#40 User is offline   SJAkarma22 

  • Akwardly Insane
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 59852
  • Posts: 191
  • Joined: 05-April 11
  • Location:Twin Cities

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:06 AM

I would definitely like to get in on this. Sounds like tremendous fun! I’ve played a few times but never enough to figure out exactly how to fill that damn character sheet out perfectly… But I do love rping; although it’s not very often, getting people together time-wise is very hard with my set of friends; but I don’t know why I never thought of going online. *knocks on head* Dumb, but Yeah for a sub-genre I'd lean more towards sci-fi but I like what skogkatt said...^.^
As long as there is Trust, there is Betrayal
I will lay at your feet while you rule the world

CONLIST:
ANIME CENTRAL April 27-29 2012-ANIME DETOUR June 30 -July 1 2012

#41 User is offline   Ramza Beoulve 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 2974
  • Posts: 693
  • Joined: 07-September 04
  • Location:Chicago / Berwyn, IL / Elkhart County, IN

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:21 PM

View PostJeff, on 06 June 2011 - 10:44 PM, said:

Not as many steampunk fans as I'd like :(

Supposing we do something other than steampunk, that doesn't mean your character can't have those elements. Say, for example, we rp in a space opera...Star Wars type rp. You could be from a world that's back in the industrial era...or feudal, or whatever. It all depends on how well you can play it and how relevant it can be. Your character can have a hard time adapting to new ideas, or find a way to mix them and make new cool elements.
Mom 2/5/1962-7/22/2006 <3
-Siempre en nuestras corazones-

Always remember the longer you live the sooner you'll bloody well die!

#42 User is offline   Ramza Beoulve 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 2974
  • Posts: 693
  • Joined: 07-September 04
  • Location:Chicago / Berwyn, IL / Elkhart County, IN

Posted 13 June 2011 - 02:40 PM

I actually had a pretty good idea that will satisfy the majority. I'll have to talk to people individually to start on their characters and whatnot. Not sure how much I can say, without spoilin' it. ;)
Mom 2/5/1962-7/22/2006 <3
-Siempre en nuestras corazones-

Always remember the longer you live the sooner you'll bloody well die!

#43 User is offline   Ramza Beoulve 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 2974
  • Posts: 693
  • Joined: 07-September 04
  • Location:Chicago / Berwyn, IL / Elkhart County, IN

Posted 15 June 2011 - 02:37 PM

View PostRamza Beoulve, on 13 June 2011 - 02:40 PM, said:

I actually had a pretty good idea that will satisfy the majority. I'll have to talk to people individually to start on their characters and whatnot. Not sure how much I can say, without spoilin' it. ;)


Well, anyone who is interested in this roleplay, please PM me. Give me your character name and a concept...a little bio. Tell me what character type.
Mom 2/5/1962-7/22/2006 <3
-Siempre en nuestras corazones-

Always remember the longer you live the sooner you'll bloody well die!

#44 User is offline   Ramza Beoulve 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 2974
  • Posts: 693
  • Joined: 07-September 04
  • Location:Chicago / Berwyn, IL / Elkhart County, IN

Posted 15 June 2011 - 03:10 PM

View PostRamza Beoulve, on 15 June 2011 - 02:37 PM, said:

Well, anyone who is interested in this roleplay, please PM me. Give me your character name and a concept...a little bio. Tell me what character type.


I'll throw down some character concepts for people, if they need some inspiration.

Doppelsoldner (Greatswordsman) - Soldier
Agent - Rogue/Espionage/assassin/thief
Duelist - Civilian or mercenary gunner/swordsman
Navigator - pilot/captain
Bounty Hunter - ranger/mercenary
Priest/priestess
Conjurer/alchemist - magician
Highland Clansman - soldier/barbarian
Shop Owner/Merchant - Civilian
Dancer (agent) - rogue/espionage/assassin/thief
Gonne Magi - magician/engineer
Engineer Crew - (ask me)

Races: Human, elf, half-elf, half-orc, dwarf, halfling, and open to others upon request.
Mom 2/5/1962-7/22/2006 <3
-Siempre en nuestras corazones-

Always remember the longer you live the sooner you'll bloody well die!

#45 User is offline   Skogkatt 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 59762
  • Posts: 209
  • Joined: 27-March 11
  • Location:Citadel, Gallifrey, Kasterborous

Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:09 PM

Ah, I'm back...ish. I've been busy this summer. Though if you mean a space universe and not exactly emotional(it's the space bit I like, not the opera bit), I'll totally go back and vote for it.
The question is, what type of characters should I use? I mean, if I play as someone annoyingly hyperactive and everyone around him is serious, that would be no fun, and if I play as an obnoxious character around someone stronger than him who has anger issues, that wouldn't work out too well either. I'm really wondering what sort of person you're looking for.
Chances are it'll be a magic-user, though. 'Cause that's just how I roll.
ACen 2011: Norway[Hetalia], casual!Prussia[Hetalia], child!Third Doctor[Doctor Who]

vFuture ideas
gijinka!K-9[Doctor Who]60%, gijinka!Intelligence Core[Portal]40%, normal!Jade[Homestuck]50%, Duelist Kingdom!Bakura[YuGiOh]5%, student!Evangeline[Negima!?]50%, Lieutenant!Aizen[Bleach]30%

I'm open for costume-designing commissions!

#46 User is offline   TekoMuto 

  • Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 7072
  • Posts: 5,251
  • Joined: 06-May 06
  • Location:Qatar

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:13 AM

so this'll be like on a D20 engine?

I'm in.

Ronin Cowboy whom never speaks and uses quick draw with dual weilding rods of magic

His name is Jeb
i've stopped posting links in my siggy due to degradation of the internet 5/23/12

#47 User is offline   jackspicer 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 3522
  • Posts: 2,631
  • Joined: 05-January 05
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 17 July 2011 - 06:27 AM

Last time I rp'ed was on Gaia
Proud member of the Bishe Brigade

#48 User is offline   Lord Warhammer 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 11892
  • Posts: 1,201
  • Joined: 11-June 07
  • Location:Detroit Mi and Atlanta GA (SCAD)

Posted 17 July 2011 - 12:38 PM

I'd like to play.

just let me know what system we will be using and when character creation is.
Artist Alley Assistant Department Head!
myspace, facebook, youtube, and photobucket links are on my about me page.
ACEN cosplays.. time to plan plan plan.

I go to and staff many cons. Let's have a blast!

#49 User is offline   Ramza Beoulve 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 2974
  • Posts: 693
  • Joined: 07-September 04
  • Location:Chicago / Berwyn, IL / Elkhart County, IN

Posted 18 July 2011 - 01:22 PM

View PostSkogkatt, on 14 July 2011 - 04:09 PM, said:

Ah, I'm back...ish. I've been busy this summer. Though if you mean a space universe and not exactly emotional(it's the space bit I like, not the opera bit), I'll totally go back and vote for it.
The question is, what type of characters should I use? I mean, if I play as someone annoyingly hyperactive and everyone around him is serious, that would be no fun, and if I play as an obnoxious character around someone stronger than him who has anger issues, that wouldn't work out too well either. I'm really wondering what sort of person you're looking for.
Chances are it'll be a magic-user, though. 'Cause that's just how I roll.


o.O yeah where you been? You disappeared one day, you schlemiel-schmuck! xD *Dances to Hava Nagila*


View PostTekoMuto, on 15 July 2011 - 09:13 AM, said:

so this'll be like on a D20 engine?

I'm in.

Ronin Cowboy whom never speaks and uses quick draw with dual weilding rods of magic

His name is Jeb


Most likely. Though, I've been experimenting with my own system. I've studied some medieval combat and I'd like to work in a system of guards, attacks, counters and ripostes.


View Postjackspicer, on 17 July 2011 - 06:27 AM, said:

Last time I rp'ed was on Gaia


xD reaaaaly?


View PostLord Warhammer, on 17 July 2011 - 12:38 PM, said:

I'd like to play.

just let me know what system we will be using and when character creation is.

Sure. WAAAGH!!!!!

This post has been edited by Ramza Beoulve: 18 July 2011 - 01:23 PM

Mom 2/5/1962-7/22/2006 <3
-Siempre en nuestras corazones-

Always remember the longer you live the sooner you'll bloody well die!

#50 User is offline   jackspicer 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 3522
  • Posts: 2,631
  • Joined: 05-January 05
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 18 July 2011 - 07:40 PM

Yep. In my experience though It's more fun to rp through chat
Proud member of the Bishe Brigade

#51 User is offline   Kii 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 33629
  • Posts: 955
  • Joined: 07-July 09

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:00 AM

Did this ever take off?

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#52 User is offline   Lord Warhammer 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 11892
  • Posts: 1,201
  • Joined: 11-June 07
  • Location:Detroit Mi and Atlanta GA (SCAD)

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:14 AM

I think this is still in the planning stages...?
Artist Alley Assistant Department Head!
myspace, facebook, youtube, and photobucket links are on my about me page.
ACEN cosplays.. time to plan plan plan.

I go to and staff many cons. Let's have a blast!

#53 User is offline   TekoMuto 

  • Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 7072
  • Posts: 5,251
  • Joined: 06-May 06
  • Location:Qatar

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:40 AM

heres my chara:

Jebodiah "Jeb" Winmoll
Male Human Rogue 6
Neutral Good
Representing TekoMuto


Strength 8 (-1)
Dexterity 18 (+4)
Constitution 8 (-1)
Intelligence 14 (+2)
Wisdom 10 (+0)
Charisma 15 (+2)
Size: Medium
Height: 6' 2"
Weight: 165 lb
Skin: Pale
Eyes: Amber
Hair: Gray Wavy; Light Beard




Total Hit Points: 36
Speed: 30 feet

Armor Class: 14 = 10 +4 [dexterity]

Touch AC: 14
Flat-footed: 14 [uncanny dodge]
Initiative modifier: +8 = +4 [dexterity] +4 [improved initiative]
Fortitude save: +1 = 2 [base] -1 [constitution]
Reflex save: +9 = 5 [base] +4 [dexterity]
Will save: +2 = 2 [base]
Attack (handheld): +3 = 4 [base] -1 [strength]
Attack (unarmed): +3 = 4 [base] -1 [strength]
Attack (missile): +8 = 4 [base] +4 [dexterity]
Grapple check: +3 = 4 [base] -1 [strength]


Light load:
Medium load:
Heavy load:
Lift over head:
Lift off ground:
Push or drag:
26 lb. or less
27-53 lb.
54-80 lb.
80 lb.
160 lb.
400 lb.




Languages: Common Draconic Orc



Feats:

Improved Initiative
Quick Draw
Skill Focus (Sleight of Hand)
Skill Focus (Use Magic Device)

Traits:


Skill Name Key
Ability Skill
Modifier Ability
Modifier Ranks Misc.
Modifier
Appraise Int 2 = +2
Balance Dex* 6 = +4 +2
Bluff Cha 11 = +2 +9
Climb Str* -1 = -1
Concentration Con 3.5 = -1 +4.5
Craft_1 Int 2 = +2
Craft_2 Int 2 = +2
Craft_3 Int 2 = +2
Decipher Script Int 6 = +2 +4
Diplomacy Cha 6 = +2 +2 [bluff] +2 [sense motive]
Disable Device Int 11 = +2 +9
Disguise Cha 2 = +2
Escape Artist Dex* 4 = +4
Forgery Int 2 = +2
Gather Information Cha 2 = +2
Handle Animal Cha 3 = +2 +1
Heal Wis 0 = +0
Hide Dex* 9 = +4 +5
Intimidate Cha 13 = +2 +9 +2 [bluff]
Jump Str* -1 = -1
Listen Wis 5 = +0 +5
Move Silently Dex* 13 = +4 +9
Ride Dex 4 = +4
Search Int 2 = +2
Sense Motive Wis 9 = +0 +9
Sleight of Hand Dex* 18 = +4 +9 +2 [bluff] +3 [skill focus]
Spellcraft Int 6.5 = +2 +4.5
Spot Wis 0 = +0
Survival Wis 0 = +0
Swim Str** -1 = -1
Use Magic Device Cha 14 = +2 +9 +3 [skill focus]
Use Rope Dex 4 = +4


* = check penalty for wearing armor

Bluff >=5 ranks gives +2 on disguise checks to act in character.
Use Magic Device >=5 ranks gives +2 on spellcraft checks to decipher scrolls.


Human:


Extra feat at first level (already included)
Four extra skill points at first level (already included)
One extra skill point at each additional level (already included)
Rogue:

Sneak Attack +3d6

Trapfinding

Evasion (level 2)

Trap Sense (level 3)

Uncanny Dodge (level 4)

Improved Uncanny Dodge (level 8)

Special Abilities (choices begin at 10th level)


Class HP rolled
Level 1: Rogue 6
Level 2: Rogue 6
Level 3: Rogue 6
Level 4: Rogue 6 +1 to charisma
Level 5: Rogue 6
Level 6: Rogue 6














so how much gold we starting with? :3
i've stopped posting links in my siggy due to degradation of the internet 5/23/12

#54 User is offline   TekoMuto 

  • Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 7072
  • Posts: 5,251
  • Joined: 06-May 06
  • Location:Qatar

Posted 20 July 2011 - 08:34 AM

how much gold do we get? :3

I wanna spend it all on a DEX enchancing clothes and a buncha wands :3


Ol' Jebs a cowboy whom uses various wands instead of guns, He's got an itchy trigger finger and is quick on the draw :3

This post has been edited by TekoMuto: 20 July 2011 - 08:35 AM

i've stopped posting links in my siggy due to degradation of the internet 5/23/12

#55 User is offline   Ramza Beoulve 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 2974
  • Posts: 693
  • Joined: 07-September 04
  • Location:Chicago / Berwyn, IL / Elkhart County, IN

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:47 AM

View PostKii, on 19 July 2011 - 03:00 AM, said:

Did this ever take off?


I have a world and some ideas for a campaign. I'm still waiting for people to give me ideas for their characters.
Mom 2/5/1962-7/22/2006 <3
-Siempre en nuestras corazones-

Always remember the longer you live the sooner you'll bloody well die!

#56 User is offline   Ramza Beoulve 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 2974
  • Posts: 693
  • Joined: 07-September 04
  • Location:Chicago / Berwyn, IL / Elkhart County, IN

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:53 AM

View Postjackspicer, on 18 July 2011 - 07:40 PM, said:

Yep. In my experience though It's more fun to rp through chat


Its much easier in a chat, to be sure. If I can get some sort of IRC thing going...or actually tinychat would be really good. That way we could all message instantly and if people wanted to use cam they could.

View PostLord Warhammer, on 19 July 2011 - 10:14 AM, said:

I think this is still in the planning stages...?


Aye. Until people give me ideas of what they'd like to roleplay as. Concepts mostly. IF anyone is rusty, or just confused with roleplaying I can give a little instruction on some terms and concepts...combat in chat or here.

View PostTekoMuto, on 19 July 2011 - 10:40 AM, said:

heres my chara:

Jebodiah "Jeb" Winmoll
Male Human Rogue 6
Neutral Good
Representing TekoMuto


Strength 8 (-1)
Dexterity 18 (+4)
Constitution 8 (-1)
Intelligence 14 (+2)
Wisdom 10 (+0)
Charisma 15 (+2)
Size: Medium
Height: 6' 2"
Weight: 165 lb
Skin: Pale
Eyes: Amber
Hair: Gray Wavy; Light Beard




Total Hit Points: 36
Speed: 30 feet

Armor Class: 14 = 10 +4 [dexterity]

Touch AC: 14
Flat-footed: 14 [uncanny dodge]
Initiative modifier: +8 = +4 [dexterity] +4 [improved initiative]
Fortitude save: +1 = 2 [base] -1 [constitution]
Reflex save: +9 = 5 [base] +4 [dexterity]
Will save: +2 = 2 [base]
Attack (handheld): +3 = 4 [base] -1 [strength]
Attack (unarmed): +3 = 4 [base] -1 [strength]
Attack (missile): +8 = 4 [base] +4 [dexterity]
Grapple check: +3 = 4 [base] -1 [strength]


Light load:
Medium load:
Heavy load:
Lift over head:
Lift off ground:
Push or drag:
26 lb. or less
27-53 lb.
54-80 lb.
80 lb.
160 lb.
400 lb.




Languages: Common Draconic Orc



Feats:

Improved Initiative
Quick Draw
Skill Focus (Sleight of Hand)
Skill Focus (Use Magic Device)

Traits:


Skill Name Key
Ability Skill
Modifier Ability
Modifier Ranks Misc.
Modifier
Appraise Int 2 = +2
Balance Dex* 6 = +4 +2
Bluff Cha 11 = +2 +9
Climb Str* -1 = -1
Concentration Con 3.5 = -1 +4.5
Craft_1 Int 2 = +2
Craft_2 Int 2 = +2
Craft_3 Int 2 = +2
Decipher Script Int 6 = +2 +4
Diplomacy Cha 6 = +2 +2 [bluff] +2 [sense motive]
Disable Device Int 11 = +2 +9
Disguise Cha 2 = +2
Escape Artist Dex* 4 = +4
Forgery Int 2 = +2
Gather Information Cha 2 = +2
Handle Animal Cha 3 = +2 +1
Heal Wis 0 = +0
Hide Dex* 9 = +4 +5
Intimidate Cha 13 = +2 +9 +2 [bluff]
Jump Str* -1 = -1
Listen Wis 5 = +0 +5
Move Silently Dex* 13 = +4 +9
Ride Dex 4 = +4
Search Int 2 = +2
Sense Motive Wis 9 = +0 +9
Sleight of Hand Dex* 18 = +4 +9 +2 [bluff] +3 [skill focus]
Spellcraft Int 6.5 = +2 +4.5
Spot Wis 0 = +0
Survival Wis 0 = +0
Swim Str** -1 = -1
Use Magic Device Cha 14 = +2 +9 +3 [skill focus]
Use Rope Dex 4 = +4


* = check penalty for wearing armor

Bluff >=5 ranks gives +2 on disguise checks to act in character.
Use Magic Device >=5 ranks gives +2 on spellcraft checks to decipher scrolls.


Human:


Extra feat at first level (already included)
Four extra skill points at first level (already included)
One extra skill point at each additional level (already included)
Rogue:

Sneak Attack +3d6

Trapfinding

Evasion (level 2)

Trap Sense (level 3)

Uncanny Dodge (level 4)

Improved Uncanny Dodge (level 8)

Special Abilities (choices begin at 10th level)


Class HP rolled
Level 1: Rogue 6
Level 2: Rogue 6
Level 3: Rogue 6
Level 4: Rogue 6 +1 to charisma
Level 5: Rogue 6
Level 6: Rogue 6














so how much gold we starting with? :3


You're pretty weak for a 6'4" human. Your rolls kinda suck too. I'm usually more forgiving than that. Lol.

View PostTekoMuto, on 20 July 2011 - 08:34 AM, said:

how much gold do we get? :3

I wanna spend it all on a DEX enchancing clothes and a buncha wands :3


Ol' Jebs a cowboy whom uses various wands instead of guns, He's got an itchy trigger finger and is quick on the draw :3

Who said you're getting gold? You might get fiat currency, or silver. I'm not sure yet. It will depend on your class and what your character does for a living.
Mom 2/5/1962-7/22/2006 <3
-Siempre en nuestras corazones-

Always remember the longer you live the sooner you'll bloody well die!

#57 User is offline   TekoMuto 

  • Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 7072
  • Posts: 5,251
  • Joined: 06-May 06
  • Location:Qatar

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:31 PM

View PostRamza Beoulve, on 20 July 2011 - 10:53 AM, said:



You're pretty weak for a 6'4" human. Your rolls kinda suck too. I'm usually more forgiving than that. Lol.


Who said you're getting gold? You might get fiat currency, or silver. I'm not sure yet. It will depend on your class and what your character does for a living.



quick draw allows him to draw his weapons quickly rendering them flatfooted/denied thier DEX, thus adding his sneak attack damage. Combine that with a nicely level adjusted wand of magic missle (which never misses) created by a user whom had the Maximize spell feat utilized when creating it; allows a very nice gunslinger touch for Jeb. Other wands or rods he may choose to use will not auto hit unless it says so in the spell description, but will still deal sneak attack damage if used with quick draw.


Jeb's a drifter, doing odd jobs, usually farming and livestock related. He fancies magical items, but doesn't mind being paid with legal tender.

Also I made his ability scores via point buy system of 30 points. if you have a preffered method I can modify to it.

This post has been edited by TekoMuto: 20 July 2011 - 02:32 PM

i've stopped posting links in my siggy due to degradation of the internet 5/23/12

#58 User is offline   TekoMuto 

  • Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 7072
  • Posts: 5,251
  • Joined: 06-May 06
  • Location:Qatar

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:33 PM

He also don't take kindly to elves.
i've stopped posting links in my siggy due to degradation of the internet 5/23/12

#59 User is offline   Ramza Beoulve 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 2974
  • Posts: 693
  • Joined: 07-September 04
  • Location:Chicago / Berwyn, IL / Elkhart County, IN

Posted 21 July 2011 - 03:27 PM

View PostTekoMuto, on 20 July 2011 - 02:31 PM, said:

quick draw allows him to draw his weapons quickly rendering them flatfooted/denied thier DEX, thus adding his sneak attack damage. Combine that with a nicely level adjusted wand of magic missle (which never misses) created by a user whom had the Maximize spell feat utilized when creating it; allows a very nice gunslinger touch for Jeb. Other wands or rods he may choose to use will not auto hit unless it says so in the spell description, but will still deal sneak attack damage if used with quick draw.


Jeb's a drifter, doing odd jobs, usually farming and livestock related. He fancies magical items, but doesn't mind being paid with legal tender.

Also I made his ability scores via point buy system of 30 points. if you have a preffered method I can modify to it.


I don't remember saying you could advance to level six. Two, quick draw doesn't work that way. To get an opponent flat footed, you need to have been sneaking up on them...flanking, suprise round. Or, if you're fighting on a narrow beam, or edge of a cliff, where you'd both need to do balance checks. Nice try. The only way you could use a feat for that is with the flick of the wrist feat, but I may not allow outside core book feats. Also,
Point buy is crap. I always roll dice. Usually roll 4d6 drop the lowest, or 3d6 and re-roll the lowest.

I wasn't born yesterday. ;D
Mom 2/5/1962-7/22/2006 <3
-Siempre en nuestras corazones-

Always remember the longer you live the sooner you'll bloody well die!

#60 User is offline   TekoMuto 

  • Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 7072
  • Posts: 5,251
  • Joined: 06-May 06
  • Location:Qatar

Posted 21 July 2011 - 04:45 PM

View PostRamza Beoulve, on 21 July 2011 - 03:27 PM, said:

I don't remember saying you could advance to level six. Two, quick draw doesn't work that way. To get an opponent flat footed, you need to have been sneaking up on them...flanking, suprise round. Or, if you're fighting on a narrow beam, or edge of a cliff, where you'd both need to do balance checks. Nice try. The only way you could use a feat for that is with the flick of the wrist feat, but I may not allow outside core book feats. Also,
Point buy is crap. I always roll dice. Usually roll 4d6 drop the lowest, or 3d6 and re-roll the lowest.

I wasn't born yesterday. ;D


aha! thats the feat (quite hard to build a chara from vague memories whilst at work with no reference material due to it being blocked X< )

and which level then would we be starting out then?
i've stopped posting links in my siggy due to degradation of the internet 5/23/12

  • 3 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users