Anime Central Forums: Forum Roleplay - Anime Central Forums

Jump to content

  • 3 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Forum Roleplay Er, the title is fine. :D

Poll: Roleplay Genre (Pick it Gorramit ><) (28 member(s) have cast votes)

What genre would you like to roleplay in? (Multiples allowed)

  1. Fantasy (20 votes [17.54%])

    Percentage of vote: 17.54%

  2. Sci-fi (20 votes [17.54%])

    Percentage of vote: 17.54%

  3. Space Opera (5 votes [4.39%])

    Percentage of vote: 4.39%

  4. Steampunk (11 votes [9.65%])

    Percentage of vote: 9.65%

  5. Victorian (8 votes [7.02%])

    Percentage of vote: 7.02%

  6. Western (9 votes [7.89%])

    Percentage of vote: 7.89%

  7. Modern (14 votes [12.28%])

    Percentage of vote: 12.28%

  8. Animesque (19 votes [16.67%])

    Percentage of vote: 16.67%

  9. Other (8 votes [7.02%])

    Percentage of vote: 7.02%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   Ramza Beoulve 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 2974
  • Posts: 693
  • Joined: 07-September 04
  • Location:Chicago / Berwyn, IL / Elkhart County, IN

Posted 27 May 2011 - 03:09 PM

I'm always anxious to roleplay, or at least set up a world to do it in. Would anyone like to roleplay? If so, leave a message here with the kind of genre you'd like. Mixed genres are cool too.

~Davey

This post has been edited by Ramza Beoulve: 27 May 2011 - 03:10 PM

Mom 2/5/1962-7/22/2006 <3
-Siempre en nuestras corazones-

Always remember the longer you live the sooner you'll bloody well die!

#2 User is offline   Skogkatt 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 59762
  • Posts: 209
  • Joined: 27-March 11
  • Location:Citadel, Gallifrey, Kasterborous

Posted 27 May 2011 - 03:35 PM

I absolutely LOVE roleplaying! Especially OC FanFiction-type roleplaying. I didn't bring this up because I didn't know it was allowed on the forums...
I voted Fantasy, Sci-fi, and anime-esque. Considering the anime type was fantastical. I require fantasy and comedy, and also prefer a large amount of ridiculousness, be it intelligent, pseudotechnic silly like Hitchhiker's or dark, sadistic silly like Portal, I like to have some sort of humour. But I require some form of magic. What sort of universes were you thinking of making?

This post has been edited by Skogkatt: 27 May 2011 - 04:57 PM

ACen 2011: Norway[Hetalia], casual!Prussia[Hetalia], child!Third Doctor[Doctor Who]

vFuture ideas
gijinka!K-9[Doctor Who]60%, gijinka!Intelligence Core[Portal]40%, normal!Jade[Homestuck]50%, Duelist Kingdom!Bakura[YuGiOh]5%, student!Evangeline[Negima!?]50%, Lieutenant!Aizen[Bleach]30%

I'm open for costume-designing commissions!

#3 User is offline   redx1 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 20031
  • Posts: 1,601
  • Joined: 23-November 08
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 27 May 2011 - 04:54 PM

I don't see why it wouldn't be allowed as long as it's family friendly
~~

#4 User is offline   Skogkatt 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 59762
  • Posts: 209
  • Joined: 27-March 11
  • Location:Citadel, Gallifrey, Kasterborous

Posted 27 May 2011 - 05:00 PM

View Postredx1, on 27 May 2011 - 04:54 PM, said:

I don't see why it wouldn't be allowed as long as it's family friendly

ALL FOR IT, MATE! :lol: I love keeping things appropriate. Hey, we should have a roleplaying forum area on the Off-Topic. That would be fun, because then each RP could have a topic. And maybe we could put ratings on things so people aren't too upset about not being able to go all-out. *will stay below 13+*
ACen 2011: Norway[Hetalia], casual!Prussia[Hetalia], child!Third Doctor[Doctor Who]

vFuture ideas
gijinka!K-9[Doctor Who]60%, gijinka!Intelligence Core[Portal]40%, normal!Jade[Homestuck]50%, Duelist Kingdom!Bakura[YuGiOh]5%, student!Evangeline[Negima!?]50%, Lieutenant!Aizen[Bleach]30%

I'm open for costume-designing commissions!

#5 User is offline   kenkendazo  

  • The Luckiest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19670
  • Posts: 2,127
  • Joined: 20-October 08
  • Location:Forum

Posted 28 May 2011 - 04:23 PM

I'm good for all save comedy. I just could never get into comedy RPGs.
Linlindesu is muh Waifu <3

The Roose is on the loose!

#6 User is offline   Gabichox 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 59269
  • Posts: 574
  • Joined: 07-January 11

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:08 PM

man I miss roleplaying ;A; Though I'm more used to livejournal rps...
ACen 2014 cosplay;
Donald Duck - [Thursday]
Elf - Dragon's Crown [Friday]
Agn├Ęs Oblige!Freelancer - Bravely Default [Saturday]

#7 User is offline   SupremeKai 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 58
  • Posts: 607
  • Joined: 10-April 03
  • Location:Underneath Midway

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:37 PM

Always wanted to but i never knew how to start, but would be game, voted anime/fantasy
If you ever get lost in the forest, screw it build a house, now you have severely improved your predictimet

#8 User is offline   KeySmash 

  • Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 58635
  • Posts: 411
  • Joined: 17-July 10
  • Location:In a shell, because I'm a turtle.

Posted 28 May 2011 - 11:05 PM

I would love to roleplay XD Fantasy for me~ Actually anything.
Cosplays 2014~
Yachiru "Retsu" Unohana (BLEACH)
Otohime (One Piece)
Katara: Southern Raiders (Avatar)

#9 User is offline   Ranko 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 54494
  • Posts: 240
  • Joined: 19-April 10
  • Location:Alliance, Oh

Posted 28 May 2011 - 11:56 PM

I've always enjoyed a good roleplay... of any type XD
facebook- because you can never have too many friends!

http://www.facebook....hp?id=607874283

PSN ID: Ranma344


This keyboard of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning feel tells me to post here! Take this, my knowledge, my opinion, and all of my awesomeness! SHINING POST!

#10 User is offline   Jguy 

  • Elite Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Elite
  • Member No.: 18261
  • Posts: 640
  • Joined: 09-May 08
  • Location:Batavia, IL

Posted 29 May 2011 - 12:07 AM

...I put on my wizard hat and robe....

(sorry, just had to do it.)
Go ahead and stop by my website: My Site

jguy@jguy:~$ apt-get cookie
apt-get: cookie not found
jguy@jguy:~$ apt-get cake
apt-get: cake not found[/font][/center]

#11 User is offline   FlyingElf 

  • Honorary Forum Therapist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 447
  • Posts: 3,884
  • Joined: 19-May 03
  • Location:Utica, MI

Posted 29 May 2011 - 05:40 AM

I am a big block of code posted on the internet so that people may share their thoughts on me. Yeah, sign up on me. Sign up all over me. I'll give you permission to post on me. You can post whatever you want as long as you follow the rules.
Armageddicon!!
Columbus, OH December 21-23, 2012
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/

#12 User is offline   Dee 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 19425
  • Posts: 173
  • Joined: 15-September 08
  • Location:Neverland, IL

Posted 29 May 2011 - 10:08 AM

I'm one of those hardcore rpers since I rped on lol, Gaia a long time ago and Livejournal. Now, I focus on original characters via emails and onexone with my friend. XD I'm reaaaaal picky. But, I miiight be interested.
ACen 2014
Morgiana - Magi (Friday)
Rivaille - Attack on Titan (Saturday)
Monkey D. Luffy - One Piece (Sunday)

#13 User is offline   Ramza Beoulve 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 2974
  • Posts: 693
  • Joined: 07-September 04
  • Location:Chicago / Berwyn, IL / Elkhart County, IN

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:30 PM

Looks like if it were a mix it'd be an fantasy animesque sci-fi.
Mom 2/5/1962-7/22/2006 <3
-Siempre en nuestras corazones-

Always remember the longer you live the sooner you'll bloody well die!

#14 User is offline   Skogkatt 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 59762
  • Posts: 209
  • Joined: 27-March 11
  • Location:Citadel, Gallifrey, Kasterborous

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:38 PM

View PostRamza Beoulve, on 31 May 2011 - 03:30 PM, said:

Looks like if it were a mix it'd be an fantasy animesque sci-fi.

I love it. <3 When you've got the universe and parameters set out, tell us please!!! :D
ACen 2011: Norway[Hetalia], casual!Prussia[Hetalia], child!Third Doctor[Doctor Who]

vFuture ideas
gijinka!K-9[Doctor Who]60%, gijinka!Intelligence Core[Portal]40%, normal!Jade[Homestuck]50%, Duelist Kingdom!Bakura[YuGiOh]5%, student!Evangeline[Negima!?]50%, Lieutenant!Aizen[Bleach]30%

I'm open for costume-designing commissions!

#15 User is offline   Ramza Beoulve 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 2974
  • Posts: 693
  • Joined: 07-September 04
  • Location:Chicago / Berwyn, IL / Elkhart County, IN

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:40 PM

As far as rules go, check the acen forum rules. As for roleplaying rules...

1.) Be kind and reasonable.
2.) Watch your language.
3.) As far as "adult" themes go, keep it in pms, with adults...or in private messages on aim, or skype or whatever.
4.) Don't spam.

General courtesy and consideration for fellow humans (and furries xD).

I did an rp here a long while ago, so I don't remember any staff or moderators getting mad. Any questions, message me. Anyone who'd like to add me to their friends is welcome.

I'll let the polls go for another couple days and read some more posts. Looks like we got a whole lot of views too. Fantasy is in the lead thus far.

As far as what I'd like to do, or be willing to do? Anything! I've done/been in some really crazy roleplays. I've had over 14 years of online, table top, dice, free form, improv roleplay type experience.

I can even make my own sort of roleplay system with some help anyone is interested. I'm also really good with scripts and languages and cartography (mapmaking). I have a webcam in case content needs to be shared, or dice must be rolled.

Please give me comments and suggestions. Any input is welcome. I also have a fantasy world created, with three eras, a map, and some language/scripts and folklore.

I have previous campaigns with maps and story for fantasy, sci-fi, star wars...etc. I also have played BESM (Big Eye Small Mouth) d20 anime roleplaying system. White Wolf, d20, D&D.

~Davey
Mom 2/5/1962-7/22/2006 <3
-Siempre en nuestras corazones-

Always remember the longer you live the sooner you'll bloody well die!

#16 User is offline   Ramza Beoulve 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 2974
  • Posts: 693
  • Joined: 07-September 04
  • Location:Chicago / Berwyn, IL / Elkhart County, IN

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:48 PM

View PostSkogkatt, on 31 May 2011 - 03:38 PM, said:

I love it. <3 When you've got the universe and parameters set out, tell us please!!! :D


Well I'd like some more input first. I'd like a collab. I wanna make sure I can cater to as many people as I can, though I can't cater to everyone.

Why don't you give me an idea of what you'd really like to play?
Mom 2/5/1962-7/22/2006 <3
-Siempre en nuestras corazones-

Always remember the longer you live the sooner you'll bloody well die!

#17 User is offline   Skogkatt 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 59762
  • Posts: 209
  • Joined: 27-March 11
  • Location:Citadel, Gallifrey, Kasterborous

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:55 PM

View PostRamza Beoulve, on 31 May 2011 - 03:48 PM, said:

Well I'd like some more input first. I'd like a collab. I wanna make sure I can cater to as many people as I can, though I can't cater to everyone.

Why don't you give me an idea of what you'd really like to play?

Well...anything that's kid-friendly with magic(I like psionic the best) and where I can have more than one character. Also, I prefer story-format roleplaying to play-format, but D&D format would probably work best with the larger amount of people. Do you have any basic parameters set out? Like how far power-playing is allowed to go? Is it going to be entirely centred around this one universe or involve different universes? I'd prefer one universe, but if we can pool some FanFiction OC's in a well-managed fashion, it might just work.
And will we roll dice? This might require some honesty if we don't use some complicated internet dice roller, but I'd love to have the D&D elements for it like having stats and rolling checks for them.
ACen 2011: Norway[Hetalia], casual!Prussia[Hetalia], child!Third Doctor[Doctor Who]

vFuture ideas
gijinka!K-9[Doctor Who]60%, gijinka!Intelligence Core[Portal]40%, normal!Jade[Homestuck]50%, Duelist Kingdom!Bakura[YuGiOh]5%, student!Evangeline[Negima!?]50%, Lieutenant!Aizen[Bleach]30%

I'm open for costume-designing commissions!

#18 User is offline   Ramza Beoulve 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 2974
  • Posts: 693
  • Joined: 07-September 04
  • Location:Chicago / Berwyn, IL / Elkhart County, IN

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:07 PM

View PostSkogkatt, on 31 May 2011 - 03:55 PM, said:

Well...anything that's kid-friendly with magic(I like psionic the best) and where I can have more than one character. Also, I prefer story-format roleplaying to play-format, but D&D format would probably work best with the larger amount of people. Do you have any basic parameters set out? Like how far power-playing is allowed to go? Is it going to be entirely centred around this one universe or involve different universes? I'd prefer one universe, but if we can pool some FanFiction OC's in a well-managed fashion, it might just work.
And will we roll dice? This might require some honesty if we don't use some complicated internet dice roller, but I'd love to have the D&D elements for it like having stats and rolling checks for them.


Well, an easy way is to have the DM/storyteller roll dice for everyone, though everyone would keep their stats, as per usual, unless people have webcams. I can't roleplay without some story involved. I'm not too into hack-and slash. Gotta have puzzles and lore to sate the savage roleplayer. AOL has a really awesome dice roller, always has, though AOL sucks and I got rid of it many years ago. As far as power-gaming goes, as long as its within the rules, I'm game. D&D/d20 is fine. We don't have to use the magic from the handbook. We can make it more simplified, with some special powers, for characters. A lot of leeway can be afforded.

Anyway, I gotta get back home and do some cleaning. I'll talk to y'all soon. Keep the ideas coming.
Mom 2/5/1962-7/22/2006 <3
-Siempre en nuestras corazones-

Always remember the longer you live the sooner you'll bloody well die!

#19 User is offline   Skogkatt 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 59762
  • Posts: 209
  • Joined: 27-March 11
  • Location:Citadel, Gallifrey, Kasterborous

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:12 PM

View PostRamza Beoulve, on 31 May 2011 - 04:07 PM, said:

Well, an easy way is to have the DM/storyteller roll dice for everyone, though everyone would keep their stats, as per usual, unless people have webcams. I can't roleplay without some story involved. I'm not too into hack-and slash. Gotta have puzzles and lore to sate the savage roleplayer. AOL has a really awesome dice roller, always has, though AOL sucks and I got rid of it many years ago. As far as power-gaming goes, as long as its within the rules, I'm game. D&D/d20 is fine. We don't have to use the magic from the handbook. We can make it more simplified, with some special powers, for characters. A lot of leeway can be afforded.

Anyway, I gotta get back home and do some cleaning. I'll talk to y'all soon. Keep the ideas coming.

YES, I LOVE IT. Man, did I forget to mention story? I forgot to mention story. So the DM'll manage the story and the characters will affect it, like in D&D! So it's like D&D, only less restricted by rules. Does that mean we can make our characters' backstories, too? Oh, and alignments and stuff! The classes and species could be the types of things we make up, like the spells. OH MAN, THIS IS GOING TO BE FUN.
As someone who has rolling spazzes and likes to roll her own dice, I will not be as happy about the DM rolling for me. :[ But I suppose I'll have to comply if people don't trust me.
ACen 2011: Norway[Hetalia], casual!Prussia[Hetalia], child!Third Doctor[Doctor Who]

vFuture ideas
gijinka!K-9[Doctor Who]60%, gijinka!Intelligence Core[Portal]40%, normal!Jade[Homestuck]50%, Duelist Kingdom!Bakura[YuGiOh]5%, student!Evangeline[Negima!?]50%, Lieutenant!Aizen[Bleach]30%

I'm open for costume-designing commissions!

#20 User is offline   kenkendazo  

  • The Luckiest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19670
  • Posts: 2,127
  • Joined: 20-October 08
  • Location:Forum

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:50 PM

Meh, I never played any dice role rpgs. I did more interactive village stuff.
Linlindesu is muh Waifu <3

The Roose is on the loose!

#21 User is offline   DarkBebi 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 58893
  • Posts: 85
  • Joined: 14-October 10
  • Location:Green Bay, Wi

Posted 01 June 2011 - 04:09 AM

Well I would like to try this also, I haven't done any serious role-playing though, only free form. So if you are ok with a noob joining in on the fun then I would love to.
Acen 2013 Cosplay

League of Legends

[*]Head Hunter Master Yi [0% Complete]
[*]Darkforge Jarvan IV [0% Complete]

"Some men just want to watch the world burn"

#22 User is offline   Ramza Beoulve 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 2974
  • Posts: 693
  • Joined: 07-September 04
  • Location:Chicago / Berwyn, IL / Elkhart County, IN

Posted 01 June 2011 - 01:45 PM

View PostSkogkatt, on 31 May 2011 - 04:12 PM, said:

YES, I LOVE IT. Man, did I forget to mention story? I forgot to mention story. So the DM'll manage the story and the characters will affect it, like in D&D! So it's like D&D, only less restricted by rules. Does that mean we can make our characters' backstories, too? Oh, and alignments and stuff! The classes and species could be the types of things we make up, like the spells. OH MAN, THIS IS GOING TO BE FUN.
As someone who has rolling spazzes and likes to roll her own dice, I will not be as happy about the DM rolling for me. :[ But I suppose I'll have to comply if people don't trust me.


Its not so much I don't trust you, but other people might not. Like I said if you had a cam, I could check your rolls. Backstories are essential, in my opinion. Just don't go too overboard. One thing about roleplaying online is that people like "rp profiles" which gives backstory and just about everything there is to know about a character, which I don't like. The reason why is, I'd rather be slowly immersed in the story. The best idea is make the back story, let the dm check it out. Then let it be revealed slowly, to characters, or the DM will throw in a curve ball for drama sake. Yannowotimeen?
Mom 2/5/1962-7/22/2006 <3
-Siempre en nuestras corazones-

Always remember the longer you live the sooner you'll bloody well die!

#23 User is offline   Ramza Beoulve 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 2974
  • Posts: 693
  • Joined: 07-September 04
  • Location:Chicago / Berwyn, IL / Elkhart County, IN

Posted 01 June 2011 - 01:48 PM

View PostSuigetsu, on 31 May 2011 - 05:50 PM, said:

Meh, I never played any dice role rpgs. I did more interactive village stuff.


Interactive village stuff? Like building your town and fighting people? Tribal wars? Earth 2112? Star Kingdoms? Does that mean you wouldn't rp with us?
Mom 2/5/1962-7/22/2006 <3
-Siempre en nuestras corazones-

Always remember the longer you live the sooner you'll bloody well die!

#24 User is offline   Ramza Beoulve 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 2974
  • Posts: 693
  • Joined: 07-September 04
  • Location:Chicago / Berwyn, IL / Elkhart County, IN

Posted 01 June 2011 - 01:52 PM

View PostDarkBebi, on 01 June 2011 - 04:09 AM, said:

Well I would like to try this also, I haven't done any serious role-playing though, only free form. So if you are ok with a noob joining in on the fun then I would love to.


I really should just multi-quote. -.- But yeah, newbs are always welcome. How else do you get more people interested? Everyone was a newb once. Except me. I was a noob, when everyone was a noob. :D Online rp, at least. >.>
Mom 2/5/1962-7/22/2006 <3
-Siempre en nuestras corazones-

Always remember the longer you live the sooner you'll bloody well die!

#25 User is offline   Skogkatt 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 59762
  • Posts: 209
  • Joined: 27-March 11
  • Location:Citadel, Gallifrey, Kasterborous

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:47 PM

View PostDarkBebi, on 01 June 2011 - 04:09 AM, said:

Well I would like to try this also, I haven't done any serious role-playing though, only free form. So if you are ok with a noob joining in on the fun then I would love to.

Hey, I've never RP'd on the internet with more than one person. XD I'm pretty much a n00b too. If they let me join in, which they'll have to because I'm awesome, they should let you, too.

View PostRamza Beoulve, on 01 June 2011 - 01:45 PM, said:

Its not so much I don't trust you, but other people might not. Like I said if you had a cam, I could check your rolls. Backstories are essential, in my opinion. Just don't go too overboard. One thing about roleplaying online is that people like "rp profiles" which gives backstory and just about everything there is to know about a character, which I don't like. The reason why is, I'd rather be slowly immersed in the story. The best idea is make the back story, let the dm check it out. Then let it be revealed slowly, to characters, or the DM will throw in a curve ball for drama sake. Yannowotimeen?

Ohmygosh, yes, I love that idea. So, what if we make a FULL character sheet which the DM can see and then also make one viewable to everyone with the apparent things about a character like their appearance and things the other players need to know like stats.
Personality, however, could be left undecided at the beginning aside from alignment because it leaves room for character development. YAY, CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!!! ^^
ACen 2011: Norway[Hetalia], casual!Prussia[Hetalia], child!Third Doctor[Doctor Who]

vFuture ideas
gijinka!K-9[Doctor Who]60%, gijinka!Intelligence Core[Portal]40%, normal!Jade[Homestuck]50%, Duelist Kingdom!Bakura[YuGiOh]5%, student!Evangeline[Negima!?]50%, Lieutenant!Aizen[Bleach]30%

I'm open for costume-designing commissions!

#26 User is offline   kenkendazo  

  • The Luckiest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19670
  • Posts: 2,127
  • Joined: 20-October 08
  • Location:Forum

Posted 01 June 2011 - 06:44 PM

View PostRamza Beoulve, on 01 June 2011 - 01:48 PM, said:

Interactive village stuff? Like building your town and fighting people? Tribal wars? Earth 2112? Star Kingdoms? Does that mean you wouldn't rp with us?

Oh, kinda of like a section in forums that would have multiple areas to post threads on what ever, IE forest, main city, etc. I myself owned an Inn.
We rarely fought and if it did it never used dice.

I would still enjoy RPing here though, I just never used dice before.
Linlindesu is muh Waifu <3

The Roose is on the loose!

#27 User is offline   Skogkatt 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 59762
  • Posts: 209
  • Joined: 27-March 11
  • Location:Citadel, Gallifrey, Kasterborous

Posted 01 June 2011 - 07:37 PM

View PostSuigetsu, on 01 June 2011 - 06:44 PM, said:

Oh, kinda of like a section in forums that would have multiple areas to post threads on what ever, IE forest, main city, etc. I myself owned an Inn.
We rarely fought and if it did it never used dice.

I would still enjoy RPing here though, I just never used dice before.

Dice aren't just for fighting! Dice give you a success rate on ANYTHING. Like if you wanted to look at an object, you roll for how in-depth you see it, and add a bonus from your intelligence stats.

Hey, will we have to roll for our stats, or pool them in from a set number? I like the latter better, but the former is generally used.
ACen 2011: Norway[Hetalia], casual!Prussia[Hetalia], child!Third Doctor[Doctor Who]

vFuture ideas
gijinka!K-9[Doctor Who]60%, gijinka!Intelligence Core[Portal]40%, normal!Jade[Homestuck]50%, Duelist Kingdom!Bakura[YuGiOh]5%, student!Evangeline[Negima!?]50%, Lieutenant!Aizen[Bleach]30%

I'm open for costume-designing commissions!

#28 User is offline   kenkendazo  

  • The Luckiest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19670
  • Posts: 2,127
  • Joined: 20-October 08
  • Location:Forum

Posted 01 June 2011 - 07:40 PM

View PostSkogkatt, on 01 June 2011 - 07:37 PM, said:

Dice aren't just for fighting! Dice give you a success rate on ANYTHING. Like if you wanted to look at an object, you roll for how in-depth you see it, and add a bonus from your intelligence stats.

Hey, will we have to roll for our stats, or pool them in from a set number? I like the latter better, but the former is generally used.

But with dice you have to have a DM constant at all times. Without dice you don't need anyone to moderate what you do. It's like a sandbox thing.
Linlindesu is muh Waifu <3

The Roose is on the loose!

#29 User is offline   Kii 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 33629
  • Posts: 955
  • Joined: 07-July 09

Posted 01 June 2011 - 09:04 PM

See, I always wondered why the forums didn't have this a long time ago.
Seems like the place.

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#30 User is offline   Ramza Beoulve 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 2974
  • Posts: 693
  • Joined: 07-September 04
  • Location:Chicago / Berwyn, IL / Elkhart County, IN

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:36 PM

View PostSkogkatt, on 01 June 2011 - 03:47 PM, said:

Hey, I've never RP'd on the internet with more than one person. XD I'm pretty much a n00b too. If they let me join in, which they'll have to because I'm awesome, they should let you, too.

Ohmygosh, yes, I love that idea. So, what if we make a FULL character sheet which the DM can see and then also make one viewable to everyone with the apparent things about a character like their appearance and things the other players need to know like stats.
Personality, however, could be left undecided at the beginning aside from alignment because it leaves room for character development. YAY, CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!!! ^^


Character sheets wouldn't be available for other PCs to see. Only the DM or an assistant would be privy. Alignment would be secret as well. Its all up to roleplaying to figure such things out. Also, someone might pretend to be good in demeanor, but really at their core they're quite evil. Which leads to interesting plots. I did a d20 Final Fantasy Campaign once...I basically simplified the character sheet to have abilities/stats, saves, hp, mp (or spells per day like D&D and the original Final Fantasy), appearance, name...all the basic stuff. A bio, possibly a character avatar illustration, equipment, weapons, items. As for skills, I had a simple system of your skill in something was equal to the ability modifier it uses. Though, I'm not totally against using the whole skill set, with skill points. I just don't want everyone to get lost. Although, I tell all newbies, you don't really have to know how to play. The DM will help you fill out your character sheet and they will tell you when you need to roll and ask you what actions you'd like to, or are able to take. Also, a character might elect to be incognito/disguised at their introduction episode, so giving away a character illustration to other player characters wouldn't be prudent, unless some of the characters know eachother. A lot of ways we can do this and it doesn't have to be the same for everyone.

I'm also used to DMs starting a story in a pub, or a cafe, or some other benign place. It can be alright for new players, but its pretty tired and boring. I once started a campaign with a call to arms against a dragon, making its nest of a castle keep. Only one person died, but they were revived. xD My friend whined, because he thought I should start them against skeletons or something inocuous. The funny part is that he was a Dragoon/Lancer. -.- Go figure, the one who would be able to really have at a dragon would complain. lawl.
Mom 2/5/1962-7/22/2006 <3
-Siempre en nuestras corazones-

Always remember the longer you live the sooner you'll bloody well die!

  • 3 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users