• You cannot reply to this topic

THE END IS COMING! ...again

#1 User is offline   okaonos 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 25376

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:25 AM

Putting this in the Insanity forum, because clearly the topic is totally insane.

We all survived "the rapture" that was supposed to happen during ACen, on May 21. OOPS JUST KIDDING, turns out the end of the world is actually October 21. Harold Camping, the Evangelist who made the claim in the first place, revised his prophecy. Supposedly about 140000 people were silently judged and taken to heaven on Saturday, but the actual destruction of the earth won't take place for another 5 months. Sorry kids, Halloween is cancelled this year!

http://www.washingto...MhAH_story.html

I hope this guy makes another end-times prediction next year. I enjoyed having a rapture party during ACen.
# of ACen's attended: 9
Hotel: Hyatt
Cosplay: Rukia (Bleach) - 100%

~Spam Squad~

#2 User is offline   SJAkarma22 

• Akwardly Insane
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 59852

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:35 AM

LOL- I bet it gets even crazier with Halloween right around the corner. And of all those 140000 we know none of them were at ACEN us heathens. lol jk
As long as there is Trust, there is Betrayal
I will lay at your feet while you rule the world

CONLIST:
ANIME CENTRAL April 27-29 2012-ANIME DETOUR June 30 -July 1 2012

#3 User is offline   okaonos 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:37 AM

I can only imagine the costumes people will come up with for Halloween. Perhaps some people will celebrate early this year?

~Spam Squad~

#4 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:39 AM

140,000 only? That's blatant discrimination and I plan to sue.

#5 User is offline   SJAkarma22 

• Akwardly Insane
  • PipPip

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:39 AM

If it seriously is the end of the world I for one would be seriously angry I couldn't celebrate Halloween ^.^ but this is becoming a bit like cry wolf, and when we least expect it is going to really happen.

CONLIST:

#6 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:41 AM

We will all be very dead by the time the end comes for this planet.

#7 User is offline   okaonos 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:46 AM

Keep in mind, this exact same guy also made an end-time prediction in 1994.

~Spam Squad~

#8 User is offline   Ashikana 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 5452

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:47 AM

That man has giant ears
ACen 2013
Nami:: One Piece
Lucy: Fairy Tail
Gaige:: Borderlands 2

#9 User is offline   Washu Takahashi 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 56275

Posted 26 May 2011 - 09:08 AM

Who wants to bet he commits suicide either the 21st or 22nd so he doesn't know how things play out/have to deal with being wrong again? (Not trying to offend anyone with the suicide remark, cause suicide is serious, but yeah ;P)
ACen 2014 Schedule
Friday: Meloetta [Pokemon]
Saturday: Umi Ryuuzaki [Magic Knight Rayearth]
Sunday: Sytry Cartwright Demon Attire [Devils and Realist]

Add me on Facebook! Washu Takashi Cosplay

#10 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 11087

Posted 26 May 2011 - 09:41 AM

Rapture would have happened if not for the heroics of the Macho Man Randy Savage.
Randy Savage died for our sins so that he can go to heaven and atomic drop Jesus Christ before he was going to blow up the earth!
http://cache.gawker....5f/original.jpg
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

FaceBook:Cedric Paul Mamuri DeviantART:PrayerPolice Instagram:PrayerPolice Pinterest:Prayer Police
Twitter:@PrayerPolice XBox gamertag:Prayer Police PS3 account ID:PrayerPolice Steam:Prayer Police

2014 cosplays: Doge......just Doge.

#11 User is offline   SJAkarma22 

• Akwardly Insane
  • PipPip

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:09 AM

View PostPrayer Police, on 26 May 2011 - 09:41 AM, said:

Rapture would have happened if not for the heroics of the Macho Man Randy Savage.
Randy Savage died for our sins so that he can go to heaven and atomic drop Jesus Christ before he was going to blow up the earth!
http://cache.gawker....5f/original.jpg

OH man..haha i feel so lucky that he was here! lol I think we need to resurrect him for October Zombie-Macho Man Randy he can stop the next apocolypse.

CONLIST:

#12 User is offline   obakasan 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 2555

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:04 AM

My reading of the stories was that May 21st was a "judgement day" only. Nobody left. Yet. The actual day of destruction is now Oct. 21, but the chosen have already now been chosen and nothing can change that. If you weren't placed on the A List May 21st, you are out of luck. However I also read it as meaning that anyone who DID make it onto the list are now free to party like it's 1999... Time to catch up on all that sinning they were putting off. Won't count.

Yes, it will be interesting to see what this fellow will do if Oct 21 comes and goes without incident.
This space intentionally left blank.

#13 User is offline   Rukariou 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 59353

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:07 AM

View Postobakasan, on 26 May 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

However I also read it as meaning that anyone who DID make it onto the list are now free to party like it's 1999... Time to catch up on all that sinning they were putting off. Won't count.

Yes, it will be interesting to see what this fellow will do if Oct 21 comes and goes without incident.

God won't care but the law still will. Oh gosh. I see a lot of people pleading insanity in court these coming months. "GOD DOESN'T JUDGE ME (anymore)"
2012 cosplays; Katherine McBride [ Catherine ] | Rachel Alucard [ Blazblue ]
2012 CONS; Anime Detour | Anime Central | Otakon
Currently watching; . . . | Currently playing; Catherine
PSN ID: Rukariou - hit me up if you wanna play some Little Big Planet or kick my butt at Blazblue!

"In the name of the big white thingy in the sky, Tao will punish you!" - Taokaka, Blazblue Continuum Shift

#14 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:09 AM

View Postokaonos, on 26 May 2011 - 08:25 AM, said:

Putting this in the Insanity forum, because clearly the topic is totally insane.

We all survived "the rapture" that was supposed to happen during ACen, on May 21. OOPS JUST KIDDING, turns out the end of the world is actually October 21. Harold Camping, the Evangelist who made the claim in the first place, revised his prophecy. Supposedly about 140000 people were silently judged and taken to heaven on Saturday, but the actual destruction of the earth won't take place for another 5 months. Sorry kids, Halloween is cancelled this year!

http://www.washingto...MhAH_story.html

I hope this guy makes another end-times prediction next year. I enjoyed having a rapture party during ACen.

What about 2012?

KOLKOLKOLKOLKOLKOL I should beat every human who keeps saying the world is going to end without the sun exploding, which is a proven fact, with a pipe.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#15 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17338
  • Location:Wanted in the Seireitei for impersonating Byakuya Kuchiki

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:10 AM

I'd like to answer with a classic response.

*facepalm*
ACen 2014 Cosplay ("From the Spirit World"):
Fem!Ikkaku Madarame (Bleach) :: San (Princess Mononoke) :: Boogiepop/Touka Miyashita (Boogiepop Phantom)

#16 User is offline   Rukariou 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 59353

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:32 AM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 26 May 2011 - 11:09 AM, said:

What about 2012?

KOLKOLKOLKOLKOLKOL I should beat every human who keeps saying the world is going to end without the sun exploding, which is a proven fact, with a pipe.

Or asteroids. Just sayin'.

IF IT DOESN'T COME FROM SPACE, WE'LL BE OKAY.

Aliens included.
2012 cosplays; Katherine McBride [ Catherine ] | Rachel Alucard [ Blazblue ]
2012 CONS; Anime Detour | Anime Central | Otakon
Currently watching; . . . | Currently playing; Catherine
PSN ID: Rukariou - hit me up if you wanna play some Little Big Planet or kick my butt at Blazblue!

"In the name of the big white thingy in the sky, Tao will punish you!" - Taokaka, Blazblue Continuum Shift

#17 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 13139

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:25 PM

then it will be may 21st 2012! then october 21st 2012! and etc.

too bad he didn't revise this before some people killed themselves and their kids.

This post has been edited by Kasin: 26 May 2011 - 02:28 PM

Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#18 User is offline   ImNewHere 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 18485

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:36 PM

View Postobakasan, on 26 May 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

My reading of the stories was that May 21st was a "judgement day" only. Nobody left. Yet. The actual day of destruction is now Oct. 21, but the chosen have already now been chosen and nothing can change that. If you weren't placed on the A List May 21st, you are out of luck. However I also read it as meaning that anyone who DID make it onto the list are now free to party like it's 1999... Time to catch up on all that sinning they were putting off. Won't count.

SWEET! I'm gonna start REALLY messing around now since, well, I AM on the A list after all! Yup, born again Christian and all that (yet one who actually reads the Bible). Where this guy blew it is the whole "non one knows the day nor hour" thing.

Ohh, by the way, too bad this guy can't be forced to pay back all those people that spent loads of money proclaiming the rapture. Of course making people pay for sheer stupidity IS a good idea...

Still, who is up for a post failed rapture prediction party at Youmacon?
For ACen 2012 pics go to http://www.scottyspot.com/acen2012.htm. If you want a full size pic PM me with an email address and tell me which one you would like.

I'm the Emperor of the Left Half of the Universe. I also have cool non-con pics here ---> http://voice0freason...t.com/gallery/?

I need a girlfriend.... No, really.

#19 User is offline   Washu Takahashi 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 56275

Posted 27 May 2011 - 10:23 AM

View PostKasin, on 26 May 2011 - 02:25 PM, said:

too bad he didn't revise this before some people killed themselves and their kids.

This makes me sad. :/ Moreso for the kids, who had no choice. If there is some sort of heaven/afterlife, hope those poor kids find peace.
ACen 2014 Schedule
Friday: Meloetta [Pokemon]
Saturday: Umi Ryuuzaki [Magic Knight Rayearth]
Sunday: Sytry Cartwright Demon Attire [Devils and Realist]

Add me on Facebook! Washu Takashi Cosplay

#20 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 13139

Posted 27 May 2011 - 01:22 PM

View PostWashu Takahashi, on 27 May 2011 - 10:23 AM, said:

This makes me sad. :/ Moreso for the kids, who had no choice. If there is some sort of heaven/afterlife, hope those poor kids find peace.

same, this guy is pretty jacked up in the head to make people believe this stuff.

I mean the kids trust there parents, and they did that...why?

why would any one kill themselves? if u believe in god so much, wouldn't that send u right to hell?

during the end of the world i'm going to play my favorite game, eat my favorite food/candy, drink my favorite drink, watch my favorite anime, and read my favorite manga/comic with my daughter and wife...and maybe some other stuff.
Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#21 User is offline   -JUNK- 

• Forum Hell Raven
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19299

Posted 29 May 2011 - 08:00 PM

So just saying this for 2012 im planning on having a end of the world party.
No sleeping because we got to record this crap
*looks over horizon* "Is that a car with a fish mailbox on the roof?"
*facepalm*

SO after this whole rapture thing of laughing and celebrating the day and obviously nobody at ACen or people I know have vanished.
I came back to this house "reasons why Im online" >3> my house sucks no web.
BUT the crazy guy upstairs yeah he still believes the worlds going to end.
October 21st! Bring it on!
Also I like how the local churches celebrated the Rapture after it happened.
This picture isn't edited in anyway I got out of a car and walked up to the sign and snapped a picture.
Funny Church Image

ya know this came to mind today, why isn't some butthead trying to sue this guy for money? Hes got to of drove someone nuts off the edge with how many crazy people there are in this world.

eh once the looting starts im just going to sit in the house and hope all goes well. =)
ACen 15"

*~Proud Supporter of the GBLT Community.~*

#22 User is offline   La Rebelde 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 5163

Posted 01 June 2011 - 02:15 PM

If the end does come, raise your glass and may we all die together as morbid as it probably sounds.
YOU KNOW YOU LOVE ME
XOXO

The next time you have a tough day, find a great song; whether it's disco or hip-hop or punk or whatever. You know, just turn up your stereo to eleven and just dance. And if you have to, keep dancing until you lose yourself. Or you find yourself again.
-Peyton Sawyer

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users