Anime Central Forums: Cancel a Format: Hetalia visual novel translation project - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cancel a Format: Hetalia visual novel translation project Sigh

#1 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:20 PM

Cancel A Format: Hetalia translation project

Work in progress: Finish time is undetermined

Fujoshi here.

I am studying Japanese and I wanted to try translations, because I happen to enjoy such things. Since I have a hero complex and nobody has attempted this awesome game, I am going to start it.

What is this game?

Cancel A Format is a fan work Hetalia Gauken visual novel game. I have no idea if it's BL or not yet but from the looks of my google fu it's just an otome game with a girl(?) as the main character. It is a VERY RARE visual novel game and 18+ so don't try the game if you are not 18+!

Website with the game information in Japanese: Safe for work

Are you going to translate it in English?

My goal unless I just fail and give up, is to translate this game in English. I have to ask the creators as well as figure out how the PC copy script works since this is my first attempt on doing anything of this type. I thought it would be fun since I am a Hetalia geek in general and it could help me just in case I try to translate such things as...video games :thumbup:

Someone half attempt on translating the game; also work safe.

So far I have to figure out the coding as well as how the patch works for this game x.x yes you need a patch for this game just to play it! Bummer.

Progress: 15%. I managed to make the game installed and working. I am using a combination of AGTH+Atlus as well as my slow knowledge of Japanese to make a script first. I have to play though the game a few times and edit the Kanji as I go along. So far it looks decent. I am still testing it out. I am going to post safe for work screen shots here and all other screen shots on my Livejournal.

Is this game free?

No. It's Japan only and don't bother finding downloads for it because there is none!

why are you doing this instead of doing some ds lite game/RPG/other game or manga instead!

Well it's because it's a rare game and it seems to be a good way to get my feet in the water. I also have a lot of time on my hands =_= Until I get another job and get overwhelmed it shouldn't be too much of a hassle.

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 28 June 2011 - 11:25 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#2 User is offline   evaunit01berserk 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 32255

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:57 PM

If you have the correct tools, you extract the text from the files that hold what you want to translate, translate, then re-insert them. The extraction and patching is easy. The translations and keeping them spaced correctly are the hard part
Need a room? We find rooms.
Throw in a request and we will scour the web

#3 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:03 AM

Thanks for the heads up that really helps. I haven't done this before but I am motivated to work on projects that nobody has done before, including a lot of japanese visual novel games.

Any information/suggestions/random chit chat/etc. just drop a line. I am going to work with this thing until I run out of patience.

Trying to work my laptop to make sure this game works since it requires a patch as well >.<
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#4 User is offline   Lunetia 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 60647

Posted 28 May 2011 - 02:58 PM

Dude!! If your still looking to get a copy they're selling copies of the game here:http://www.jbox.com/product/DJS2631 But they only have one copy left now so I'd hurry if were you. Good luck!!^_^

#5 User is offline   usagii 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 60678

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:03 PM

I was about to comment about the jbox website too, but it looks like Lunetia beat me to it!
Anyways, you linked my blog 8D I apologize, though, my translations suck xD LOL! I would love to see an English translation on this! Although I can read the Japanese, English is easier to read :P haha
Have you gotten the game yet? I know the game works fine on my laptop, and the patch available on the website if I recall correctly is just to fix bugs and such. I don't have a Japanese OS, so if you don't have a Japanese OS the game should work just fine lol anyways, can't wait to start seeing some progress on this game! :D
When dawn breaks again, we'll say our farewells
Our dreams become distant phantoms
I start to walk
To wherever you are -

#6 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:48 AM

View Postusagii, on 05 June 2011 - 11:03 PM, said:

I was about to comment about the jbox website too, but it looks like Lunetia beat me to it!
Anyways, you linked my blog 8D I apologize, though, my translations suck xD LOL! I would love to see an English translation on this! Although I can read the Japanese, English is easier to read :P haha
Have you gotten the game yet? I know the game works fine on my laptop, and the patch available on the website if I recall correctly is just to fix bugs and such. I don't have a Japanese OS, so if you don't have a Japanese OS the game should work just fine lol anyways, can't wait to start seeing some progress on this game! :D

The translation was actually good, abit funny. I find it ironic that the same person who did it is also on this forums ._.

Small world da~

I kinda(?) have the game. It is going to come sometime near the end of this month. I ended up getting that and some other stuff....like a Takoyaki maker....

As for your Japanese, it has to be better than mine, I was sure of it. I am studying both Japanese and Russian and self taught myself Japanese, which is why I am taking classes >.<

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 14 June 2011 - 11:49 AM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#7 User is offline   usagii 

• Pip

Posted 17 June 2011 - 03:42 PM

The translation was actually good, abit funny. I find it ironic that the same person who did it is also on this forums ._.

Small world da~

I kinda(?) have the game. It is going to come sometime near the end of this month. I ended up getting that and some other stuff....like a Takoyaki maker....

As for your Japanese, it has to be better than mine, I was sure of it. I am studying both Japanese and Russian and self taught myself Japanese, which is why I am taking classes >.<

Ahahaha, thank you I'm glad you think so! ^_^ well actually I was doing a broad search of Cancel a format hetalia on Google and this came up, so I registered :P I was surprised to find my blog was linked haha!

I'm happy to see someone is translating this for real! :D

:D A takoyaki maker, eh?? You're going to be getting some great stuff eh? Haha :P That's good, I think you'll really like the game~ It's a ton of fun! As for my Japanese, I'm self-taught as well lol however I also speak/read/write Chinese so it was a pretty easy transition, you know? Lol my friend and her mother is also Japanese (her mom is a Japanese teacher) so they helped me learn as well...

Good luck on this translation!! I'm looking forward to it!!!!! :D
I start to walk
To wherever you are -

#8 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 June 2011 - 08:35 PM

I found something: http://timopaper.blo...novel-into.html

I have no idea if it works or not so going to test it out. Still going to play through the game and translate the script first.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#9 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:15 AM

I hate to double post but so far the game isn't working right. I changed it to Japanese and I get some weird error when I try to install it.:

first one

second error

Trying to make this work on Windows 7. So contacting Jlist to see if they could help me out.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#10 User is offline   usagii 

• Pip

Posted 02 July 2011 - 09:38 PM

Hey, I'm assuming you've gotten the game working? Omigosh your progress is just going up and up so fast!!! It makes me so happy!!!!! 8D I can't wait for you to get through this game!! Do you need a walkthrough to get the endings? I have two, but I haven't used them / referenced them yet because I haven't gotten around to going back to Cancel a format and playing it ^^;; lol whoops? Anyways, here are the two websites:

http://pokapokanda.b...-entry-635.html

http://blog-imgs-45-...26205824e6b.htm

glancing at both of them, I think I'm liking the 2nd one more.... just 'cause it's in a layout I prefer lol looks more like otome.girly.jp sort of layout and I like that, very clean and crisp XD Lol anyways, hope those help if you needed them!! XD Good luck on your translation!!! 8D
I start to walk
To wherever you are -

#11 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 July 2011 - 01:46 PM

View Postusagii, on 02 July 2011 - 09:38 PM, said:

Hey, I'm assuming you've gotten the game working? Omigosh your progress is just going up and up so fast!!! It makes me so happy!!!!! 8D I can't wait for you to get through this game!! Do you need a walkthrough to get the endings? I have two, but I haven't used them / referenced them yet because I haven't gotten around to going back to Cancel a format and playing it ^^;; lol whoops? Anyways, here are the two websites:

http://pokapokanda.b...-entry-635.html

http://blog-imgs-45-...26205824e6b.htm

glancing at both of them, I think I'm liking the 2nd one more.... just 'cause it's in a layout I prefer lol looks more like otome.girly.jp sort of layout and I like that, very clean and crisp XD Lol anyways, hope those help if you needed them!! XD Good luck on your translation!!! 8D

Thanks a lot this helps~! (I found out that I didn't change the unicodes too lol!)

I am trying to translate the options (since the Atlus tool doesn't translate them,) as I play along. I also have to play through it several times and compose a script.

Hoping to have that done in a month or so.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#12 User is offline   usagii 

• Pip

Posted 06 July 2011 - 05:10 PM

Thanks a lot this helps~! (I found out that I didn't change the unicodes too lol!)

I am trying to translate the options (since the Atlus tool doesn't translate them,) as I play along. I also have to play through it several times and compose a script.

Hoping to have that done in a month or so.

Glad to help! I know that I can't get through otome games without the guide, so I thought that would be helpful. And with two guides you can look between them and stuff to help fill in any missing gaps one or the other might have lol anyways can't wait for this patch, I can see the percentage going up on progress and it makes me super excited :D

Are you copying the script through AGTH or did you hack the game and pull the scripts out?
I start to walk
To wherever you are -

#13 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2011 - 10:03 AM

Delayed translations because:

Laptop broke, the charger port, then when I went to get it fixed it was stolen by the same guy who was suppose to fix it!

I didn't make a backup because we were moving and couldn't afford a 50 dollar external hd at the time so all my data is gone.

I still have the original copy of the game thakfully but its going to be delayed until I buy another laptop or get my old one back. Sorry.

Using my PS3 for the internet, which can't check my email but can go on forum sites...
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users