Anime Central Forums: Best phone plan - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Best phone plan Sprint, US, Boost, Tmobile, that kind of thing

Poll: Best phone plan (23 member(s) have cast votes)

What phone plan do you have?

1. Tmobile (6 votes [26.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.09%

2. Sprint (1 votes [4.35%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.35%

3. U.S. (1 votes [4.35%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.35%

4. Cricket (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. At & T (4 votes [17.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.39%

6. The big V (7 votes [30.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.43%

7. Boost (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

8. something else (like Virgin, etc.) (4 votes [17.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.39%

Vote

#1 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:51 PM

Fujoshi here~

For those who know me and if that bloody troll who thought it was funny to post me on 4chan just because I have a government phone is reading kolkolkolkolkol my phone sucks. I said 'heck no,' after it died and I ended up missing TWO major important events during Acen because I couldn't call anyone or txt anyone.

I had a Cricket phone which was unlimited internet, txt, minutes, 411, gps, etc. for about 60-70 dollars but the problem was I couldn't afford it at the time due to a loss of my job from absences, due to a UTI and change in management.

I am trying to get another phone plan (so I can get a better job and what happened at Acen doesn't happen again and I like totally talk to friends like a non Hikkimori,) but don't know what's a good plan:

*I want to get a Smartphone weeeee.

*I want unlimited txt and minutes if possible.

*I don't want to pay 80 dollars a month for a phone plan.

*Something that doesn't randomly drop signals and is decent from state to state without roaming charges just in case I go to conventions or work trips out of Illinois.

Suggestions?

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 25 May 2011 - 06:51 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#2 User is offline   Trini 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 4588

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:58 PM

All I've ever had is AT&T and love it. I have an unlimited internet and texting plan which is $15 a month (don't know how that compares with others). I don't know if it's because of the family plan or what, but I get 1000 rollover minutes a month (had more, but they dropped it since I only text XP). Of course there are a bunch of smartphones with this company. I will say, I travel a bit from here to Kansas City by train and in random parts of the Iowa countryside I lost my signal a few times. On the plus side, I can still access the internet and text and do all that junk in the subway which my friends who have US Cellular, Sprint, and Verizon can't. Far as roaming charges go, I've never had to deal with that. Between my trips to DC, St. Louis, Madison, and Kansas City, that's never been an issue.
dA | tumblr

'14 Cosplays:
Bianchi - KHR | Wooper gijinka or kigurumi - Pokemon | Chocolove - Shaman King (?) | Sable Able gijinka - Animal Crossing (?) | Bouffalant gijinka - Pokemon (?)

Self-proclaimed Ramune Connoisseur

#3 User is offline   Scott 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9607

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:34 PM

Virgin mobile has a plan at $25/mo for 300 minutes and unlimited texts/internet. You just have to pay full price for the phone...

Virgin mobile is now basically Sprint but geared toward young people. I'm not young, but I do like low monthly bills. :thumbup:
I switched from T-Mobile and haven't looked back. With T-Mobile I was using an internet only plan at $40/mo, but the phone functions were basically useless because of how much I would be charged per texts/minute of airtime.

http://www.virginmob...-talk-plans.jsp

I always bought my phones and didn't have contracts, so it works for me. For people who like to subsidize the cost of their hardware, it's not that good of a deal I guess.

#4 User is offline   Rukariou 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 59353

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:42 PM

I love AT&T. I never roam, they have the most coverage. I never lose service, because their Edge service will kick in. Their 3G is the fastest out there. I don't like using the Internet on my husband's phone (he has Verizon) and it moves slower than butt. I honestly don't know if AT&T has brought back their Unlimited data like Verizon has, but I have unlimited Data and like 2000 shared minutes with my family and I only pay 40$ for my phone.
2012 cosplays; Katherine McBride [ Catherine ] | Rachel Alucard [ Blazblue ]
2012 CONS; Anime Detour | Anime Central | Otakon
Currently watching; . . . | Currently playing; Catherine
PSN ID: Rukariou - hit me up if you wanna play some Little Big Planet or kick my butt at Blazblue!

"In the name of the big white thingy in the sky, Tao will punish you!" - Taokaka, Blazblue Continuum Shift

#5 User is offline   cloudacmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17980

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:01 AM

I have a smart phone (Droid Incredible) from Verizon and it costs around $89 per month. The only thing that's unlimited is my data plan.
facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cloudacmaster
Cosplays did not happen in 2009, thanks to finals. Things are not looking good in 2010 either :/ I may not make it til Acen until Sat. evening.
Forum Doctor and Forum weather man!

#6 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 13139

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:55 AM

walmart family mobile. unlimited sms and minutes for $45 a month. data used comes from the webpak u add on which rolls over and never expires. 5 cents per MB. $25 add on lines. mms r an extra .5 cents.

We offer the CLIQ XT with android 2.1.

This post has been edited by Kasin: 26 May 2011 - 11:56 AM

Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#7 User is offline   ImNewHere 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 18485

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:35 AM

I've been using Sprint with unlimited everything except for 900 minutes to landlines, of course I get free nights and weekends to landlines. I do pay 79 a month for it though. I am thinking of dropping it to the 450 landline minutes a month since I know only 4 people who still use landline phones. That will save me 20 bucks. Also Sprint gives discounts for where you work, being a member of a credit union, etc.
For ACen 2012 pics go to http://www.scottyspot.com/acen2012.htm. If you want a full size pic PM me with an email address and tell me which one you would like.

I'm the Emperor of the Left Half of the Universe. I also have cool non-con pics here ---> http://voice0freason...t.com/gallery/?

I need a girlfriend.... No, really.

#8 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:32 AM

www.billshrink.com
Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#9 User is offline   DarkMimi 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 38289

Posted 27 May 2011 - 03:31 PM

I've been using Virgin Mobile ever since I was in high school and haven't thought about switching since. I currently have their RUMOR 2 phone, which is the closest thing to a smartphone I plan on having BUT... they do now have the RUMOR TOUCH, which is a smartphone at $150. Their $25 monthly plan is great when you mostly use text, IM, and internet. It gives you 300 minutes, but with the way people communicate nowadays you might not even use all those minutes.

Also, it does NOT roam, as I went out of town a few times and have been able to use their service with no extra charges. Only in VERY low underground tunnels (like the CTA "L" stations) you might not be able to get a signal. VM is pretty decent though for the price range you're in.

2014 Cosplay Plans
Bioshock Infinite - Daisy Fitzroy (0% Completed)
Batman - Talia Al Gul (0% Completed)
Princess Peach: Military Style (0% Completed)

Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon X, and Borderlands 2
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel! HERE!!!
I <3 Friends Who Keep In Touch

#10 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 27 May 2011 - 03:59 PM

I pay about $80 a month for the lowest iPhone plan on AT&T. 450 anytime minutes, 5000 night & weekend, rollover (I've got nearly 4,000 rollover minutes banked), unlimited data (I could save $5 a month by dropping down to 2GB but I opted not to), 200 texts a month. They want $20 a month for unlimited texting so I only pay $5 for the 200. I also get a decent discount because of where I work so that about pays for the taxes.
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?
Chicago TARDIS 2014: (tentative) Fourth Doctor, Ace

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#11 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 27 May 2011 - 04:09 PM

Whoa you guys been really helpful!

Does Sprint and AT&T have any deals? Like it's just going to be me sharing a phone with my mom. I don't talk a lot funny enough; she does. ^_^

The only thing I call is my job, txt when I need to sell things or contact job offers.

........or call my son's father to bug him about money. Well I have him in the system for child support so I might not have to do the former anymore.

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 27 May 2011 - 04:10 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#12 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 May 2011 - 04:31 PM

family mobile! $70 plus tax for 2 lines!

#13 User is offline   Trini 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 4588

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:14 PM

I don't know about people just now signing up with them, but once you do, AT&T sends out upgrade plans like they're going out of style. XD I second the family line thing though. Although you said it'd be only the one phone, it might be better if you guys have different uses for the phone.
dA | tumblr

'14 Cosplays:
Bianchi - KHR | Wooper gijinka or kigurumi - Pokemon | Chocolove - Shaman King (?) | Sable Able gijinka - Animal Crossing (?) | Bouffalant gijinka - Pokemon (?)

Self-proclaimed Ramune Connoisseur

#14 User is offline   aerialist 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 8019

Posted 28 May 2011 - 05:03 AM

I think I automatically win here by having a $6 phone bill.
facebook.com/aryth.xin

AIM : Shadowflare385

You'll see me everywhere, but you won't see me there
I'll be there, but I'll be everywhere.

That wasn't a riddle. I'm being serious. but if you managed to answer it, you get a cookie either way.

#15 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 May 2011 - 03:10 PM

oh, and also if u get T-mobile, your soon be AT&T.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users