• This topic is locked

Lost button/pin of Tasuki Tasuki from Fushigi Yugi

#1 User is offline   Stormy-chan 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 51456

Posted 25 May 2011 - 11:05 AM

Well Sunday when I was packing my bag I noticed a button was missing from my con purse. :o I have a ton of buttons on it, but there was an empty spot, and realized that poor Tasuki was missing. :( It is a nice enamel pin with him posing with with his fan i believe. I've had the pin for so long I have to think about it a little. If you did find it I would love to have it back. The pinch clip that held in the back must have gone bad :( I would be happy to send you a few dollars for shipping if you did find it. Thanks so much!

#2 User is offline   frzndaqiri 

• Webmistress
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 4043

Posted 25 May 2011 - 11:18 AM

Not that it helps you now - but as a pin collector ( I do the Disney trading thing at the parks ) I can not express love enough for these: Locking pin backs

They don't require a hex key or anything complicated - and I can say that they stand up to a lot of force.
2013 will be my 11th year at ACen! Staff for '09/'10/'11/'12/'13
Currently: Webmistress and Registration System Admin - my answers on them are as STAFF - PM if you need help

Come visit DisjointedImages in Artist's Alley for Cosplay photo buttons and custom made buttons
Get a button or upgrade it to a keychain/zipper pull/magnet/bottle opener/mirror for just a quarter more.
Visit the blog for latest news and contests! Disjointed Images Blog
100% guarantee on buttons. If it breaks, come see me for a FREE replacement.

#3 User is offline   Stormy-chan 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 25 May 2011 - 11:37 AM

Yes he had one of the pinch kind, but it must have been bad I think... sigh I think next time I will put glue on the pin and stick that locking back on and hopefully that will give it more staying power! I dont think i have that particular kind on locking pin back though, I will have to go to JoAnns and see if they have some to see how well they work for my other pins, so I don't lose them too.

I thank you for the idea! :highfive:

#4 User is offline   frzndaqiri 

• Webmistress
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 4043

Posted 25 May 2011 - 11:46 AM

Yep, the pinch ones are never reliable. These ones you have to pull the two halves of the back away from each other - hard to explain... but I've never lost a pin since switching. Worth every penny (esp for those "came in a box set not sold separately" type of pins. :heart:
2013 will be my 11th year at ACen! Staff for '09/'10/'11/'12/'13
Currently: Webmistress and Registration System Admin - my answers on them are as STAFF - PM if you need help

Come visit DisjointedImages in Artist's Alley for Cosplay photo buttons and custom made buttons
Get a button or upgrade it to a keychain/zipper pull/magnet/bottle opener/mirror for just a quarter more.
Visit the blog for latest news and contests! Disjointed Images Blog
100% guarantee on buttons. If it breaks, come see me for a FREE replacement.

#5 User is offline   Stormy-chan 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 25 May 2011 - 11:49 AM

Yes I have few like that, that I havent put on anything. So worried about losing them... But hey this could work :) Off to find good pin backs this weekend!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users