Anime Central Forums: Hallway Contest Feedback 2011! - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Hallway Contest Feedback 2011! Let me know what you guys want!

#1 User is offline   ThatOneChick 

• Masquerade ADH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 2371

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:04 PM

Hey guys! First off, I want to thank EVERYONE who entered the Hallway Contest this year. We had an amazing turn out.

Second, I would like to hear what you guys thought about that Hallway Contest this year! I would like to restructure a few things and change around the rules/awards.

What would you guys like to see different? What do you want to stay the same? Which awards would you like to see removed or added?

Rules and Awards: http://www.acen.org/...y-contest-info/

This post has been edited by ThatOneChick: 24 May 2011 - 07:05 PM

Don't forget the rabies. Everything taste better with rabies. YAY rabies!

JessiePridemore.com Cosplay deviantART

#2 User is offline   EmoSasuke 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 17055

Posted 30 May 2011 - 02:05 AM

Thanks to you and everyone else who ran Hallway! It was a lot less nerve wracking than I thought it would be because everyone was so nice.

I've never entered before, so I'm not sure how well my feedback holds up, but most things I would definitely keep the same! I particularly like that there is a Found Item category, because it seems like not many cons have that anymore. I also like that times and the entry form are posted on the forums a while before the con starts.

Quite honestly, the only thing I could even call a 'gripe' was that the times for the Saturday were changed. Didn't personally affect me, but I let one of my friends who was planning on entering on Saturday know ahead of time. Obviously, this wasn't really anything that could be helped; the times were changed on the sign and that's really all that could have been done, especially since it was kind of sprung on you guys last minute. And this wasn't even anything negative, really. Which I guess goes to show that, in my opinion, there wasn't really anything that I would change.

#3 User is offline   Grimmons 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 18620

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:24 PM

It was my first year entering and, despite the times being a little delayed, went smoothly. The only 'gripe' I have is maybe more categories? Or at least one more for huge cosplays like the Big Daddy that was shuffling around because OF COURSE other costumes aren't going to put up much of a competition against THAT!
ACen 2014

Bilbo Baggins
Yu Yu Hakusho - Hiei
Wizard of Oz/Oz the Great and Powerful - Wicked Witch

#4 User is offline   Dr_hallucination 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 40617

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:03 AM

View PostGrimmons, on 06 June 2011 - 10:24 PM, said:

It was my first year entering and, despite the times being a little delayed, went smoothly. The only 'gripe' I have is maybe more categories? Or at least one more for huge cosplays like the Big Daddy that was shuffling around because OF COURSE other costumes aren't going to put up much of a competition against THAT!

Haha...sorry. My bad. Well...I think the problem in that was that I was told that I couldn't enter the masquerade because mine was an American cosplay. However, I was really irritated when I went to the masquerade and saw not one, but two big daddies entered. What gives?

Well, I appreciate how you made arrangements to check my Big Daddy outside. I thought the whole thing was run pretty smoothly and I apologize for stepping on any toes (literally and figuratively).
Costumes for 2012:
Gilbert Nightray ~ Pandora Hearts
Secret ~ Obviously secret
Bec Noir~Homestuck
Chell ~ Portal

#5 User is offline   Grimmons 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 18620

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:17 PM

View PostDr_hallucination, on 10 August 2011 - 09:03 AM, said:

Haha...sorry. My bad. Well...I think the problem in that was that I was told that I couldn't enter the masquerade because mine was an American cosplay. However, I was really irritated when I went to the masquerade and saw not one, but two big daddies entered. What gives?

Well, I appreciate how you made arrangements to check my Big Daddy outside. I thought the whole thing was run pretty smoothly and I apologize for stepping on any toes (literally and figuratively).

Oh, no, don't apologize! That wasn't a gripe against you at all, you did AWESOME and you deserved a trophy, I'm not even whining about myself, it's more about the people that were sitting around me who worked really hard with their fabrics and what not but couldn't get recognition, you know? Your cosplay was great and I'm glad you won so I hope I didn't come off as bratty.
ACen 2014

Bilbo Baggins
Yu Yu Hakusho - Hiei
Wizard of Oz/Oz the Great and Powerful - Wicked Witch

#6 User is offline   ThatOneChick 

• Masquerade ADH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 2371

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:00 PM

View PostEmoSasuke, on 30 May 2011 - 02:05 AM, said:

Quite honestly, the only thing I could even call a 'gripe' was that the times for the Saturday were changed. Didn't personally affect me, but I let one of my friends who was planning on entering on Saturday know ahead of time. Obviously, this wasn't really anything that could be helped; the times were changed on the sign and that's really all that could have been done, especially since it was kind of sprung on you guys last minute. And this wasn't even anything negative, really. Which I guess goes to show that, in my opinion, there wasn't really anything that I would change.

Sadly this was out of our control. We were forced to start the Masquerade earlier. This will not happen again this year.

View PostGrimmons, on 06 June 2011 - 10:24 PM, said:

Hallway contest has a LOT of categories, are you sure you aren't taking about the Masquerade?

View PostDr_hallucination, on 10 August 2011 - 09:03 AM, said:

Again, this is a Masquerade issue, not Hallway issue. We have an American cosplay category.
Don't forget the rabies. Everything taste better with rabies. YAY rabies!

JessiePridemore.com Cosplay deviantART

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users