• This topic is locked

Hetalia 2012 Better earlier than never

#241 User is offline   Shintarou Inuzuka 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 27945

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:10 PM

I hope you guys have room for one more Japan -- and my girlfriend will most likely be going as Greece if she's not on roadshow during the photoshoots.

This post has been edited by Shintarou Inuzuka: 09 April 2012 - 08:12 PM

The Official Cosplay of BARON SHINTAROU INUZUKA OF SEALAND! (STILL PATENT PENDING)
2014: Yosuke Hanamura (Persona 4), Japan (New CD version) (Hetalia), Bossun (Sket Dance), EGL, Haruka Nanase (Free!)

Member of the Bishie Brigade! [Insert slogan here.] Also the game.
WARNING: This user has the Inuyasha Falling Down Problem. Feel free not to yell a certain dog command at him if you see him.
WARNING: Twitch may be controlling this attendee's movement.

#242 User is offline   wenchman 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 60533

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:34 PM

View PostInkwell09, on 01 April 2012 - 08:47 PM, said:

2) (Somewhat related to first question) I've noticed that playing the "ride ride ride that mustang" game is pretty popular at conventions, especially Hetalia meet ups. Would anyone else be into playing that or "Little Sally Walker" at the meetup?

Absolutely not, if this is as chaotic and inappropriate as it sounds. Please do that somewhere else. Pyroh and I will absolutely not tolerate any of that chaos at the gatherings, and if we see anyone being a disturbance we will ask you to leave.

This post has been edited by wenchman: 10 April 2012 - 08:35 PM

Twitter / Tumblr / Epicmafia / myfigurecollection / RebuildOfEvangelion: vaporweva
ACen 2015; NGE Ayanami Rei [bandaged/sleeveless plugsuit] / Panty Anarchy / Ryuuko Matoi

#243 User is offline   wenchman 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:36 PM

View PostShintarou Inuzuka, on 09 April 2012 - 08:10 PM, said:

I hope you guys have room for one more Japan -- and my girlfriend will most likely be going as Greece if she's not on roadshow during the photoshoots.

SKJKFH I'M SO EXCITED TO SEE YOU AGAIN YOU HAVE NO IDEA wahhh i have been so addicted to tumblr that i haven't talked on lj with you. D:
Twitter / Tumblr / Epicmafia / myfigurecollection / RebuildOfEvangelion: vaporweva
ACen 2015; NGE Ayanami Rei [bandaged/sleeveless plugsuit] / Panty Anarchy / Ryuuko Matoi

#244 User is offline   Shintarou Inuzuka 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 27945

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:35 AM

View Postwenchman, on 10 April 2012 - 08:36 PM, said:

SKJKFH I'M SO EXCITED TO SEE YOU AGAIN YOU HAVE NO IDEA wahhh i have been so addicted to tumblr that i haven't talked on lj with you. D:

I'm excited to see you, too! It's been such a long time! And that's all right; I just recently got on tumblr (and haven't really done much of anything with it so far).
The Official Cosplay of BARON SHINTAROU INUZUKA OF SEALAND! (STILL PATENT PENDING)
2014: Yosuke Hanamura (Persona 4), Japan (New CD version) (Hetalia), Bossun (Sket Dance), EGL, Haruka Nanase (Free!)

Member of the Bishie Brigade! [Insert slogan here.] Also the game.
WARNING: This user has the Inuyasha Falling Down Problem. Feel free not to yell a certain dog command at him if you see him.
WARNING: Twitch may be controlling this attendee's movement.

#245 User is offline   Nicoli 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61769

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:51 AM

View Postwenchman, on 10 April 2012 - 08:34 PM, said:

Absolutely not, if this is as chaotic and inappropriate as it sounds. Please do that somewhere else. Pyroh and I will absolutely not tolerate any of that chaos at the gatherings, and if we see anyone being a disturbance we will ask you to leave.

The game isn't inappropriate at all. The name might make it seem that way if you...ahem...think it in that way.
Here's an example of what the game is: [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPXZl8SL2Yg[/media]

Not inappropriate at all.

This post has been edited by Nicoli: 11 April 2012 - 12:31 PM

Acen 2013
Friday: Undecided
Saturday: Undecided
Sunday: Undecided

#246 User is offline   Inkwell09 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 60472

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:46 PM

View PostNicoli, on 11 April 2012 - 11:51 AM, said:

The game isn't inappropriate at all. The name might make it seem that way if you...ahem...think it in that way.
Here's an example of what the game is: [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPXZl8SL2Yg[/media]

Not inappropriate at all.

There is a second variation of this game known as "Little Sally Walker" which is actually quite popular with young children. (So obviously, it is not inappropriate.) It is played in a similar manner, the only difference being that one player must mimic the dance that another player does. (ie, if i were to do the robot, the next player would also have to do the robot.)

I wouldn't be suggesting these games if they were inappropriate. These have become incredibly popular at cons, specifically with Hetalia fans. That is why I ask.

This post has been edited by Inkwell09: 11 April 2012 - 06:47 PM

[font="Book Antiqua"] ACen 2014 Cosplays
--Gintoki (Gintama)****MAYBE
--Rin (Free!)
--Mink (DMMD)
--SURPRISE NOSTALGIC COSPLAY

#247 User is offline   wenchman 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:06 PM

I didn't just use the adjective "inappropriate," I also used the word "chaotic." The answer is no, neither pyroh or I approve of this, thus it will not be tolerated.

From what you have shown me, this is a lot like something my music friends do at football games and this can get rowdy and, as I said in passing before and once again, inappropriate (and that is not to say it's exclusive to the lewd type).

If you would like to do this, please feel free to gather friends and do it somewhere else (as long you are not blocking traffic/hallways, as IRT and EMT will not appreciate that).

#248 User is offline   Nicoli 

• Pip

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:23 PM

View Postwenchman, on 11 April 2012 - 07:06 PM, said:

I didn't just use the adjective "inappropriate," I also used the word "chaotic." The answer is no, neither pyroh or I approve of this, thus it will not be tolerated.

From what you have shown me, this is a lot like something my music friends do at football games and this can get rowdy and, as I said in passing before and once again, inappropriate (and that is not to say it's exclusive to the lewd type).

If you would like to do this, please feel free to gather friends and do it somewhere else (as long you are not blocking traffic/hallways, as IRT and EMT will not appreciate that).

Ah, well. Alright.
Thanks though, we would of probably ended up playing if we hadn't asked to begin with. ^^"
Acen 2013

#249 User is offline   Inkwell09 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:14 PM

I think I know of a nice, out of the way place we could play if a group forms (and I guarantee there will be little-to-no foot traffic there. (or vehicular traffic, for that matter XD)
--Rin (Free!)
--Mink (DMMD)

#250 User is offline   sisofgaara123 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 10398

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:12 PM

View PostInkwell09, on 14 January 2012 - 10:32 PM, said:

Amanda? AMANDA?!? O.O :D <3
I. HAVE. TO. HUG. YOU. <3 <3 <3 <3
Amanda was my fave cosplayer, i promise you I'm not lying. :3

Sorry, I am pretty busy. I met Amanda in 2006 at a Naruto cosplay photoshoot, she was kankuro. My friend and I were mostly hanging out with her friend Ashley who was a kick butt gaara. I'm friends with both of them on facebook, she used to live in MI, now Amanda lives in FL.

She will be at Acen cosplaying other things, but she offered to fix my America wig if the little piece didn't stay up. XD

actually, here is the photo...(amanda is center, front row. I am to the right and my friend is on the left next to her. Ashley is the gaara behind me)
Posted Image
ACen 2012 Cosplay Plans
Friday

America (Hetalia) Temari (Naruto) Luka Megurine (vocaloid)
Saturday

America (Hetalia) Temari (Naruto) Luka Megurine (vocaloid)
Sunday
America (Hetalia)

#251 User is offline   Nicoli 

• Pip

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:35 PM

View PostInkwell09, on 14 April 2012 - 01:14 PM, said:

I think I know of a nice, out of the way place we could play if a group forms (and I guarantee there will be little-to-no foot traffic there. (or vehicular traffic, for that matter XD)

Where would that be? I'd be more than happy to go. :3
Acen 2013

#252 User is offline   Nicoli 

• Pip

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:35 PM

View PostInkwell09, on 14 April 2012 - 01:14 PM, said:

Acen 2013

#253 User is offline   Inkwell09 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:43 PM

View PostNicoli, on 15 April 2012 - 05:35 PM, said:

Well, there are two locations, and it more or less depends on the time of day. One is inside the Hyatt, at the bottom of the lobby. So long as there is no event scheduled near the time the photoshoot ends, that's usually an empty spot until about 4pm (I have no idea what the finalized photoshoot time is...such a n00b...), if not, there is another spot in the main convention center entryway, towards the back.
My apologies, I am miserable at directions XD

View Postsisofgaara123, on 14 April 2012 - 11:12 PM, said:

Sorry, I am pretty busy. I met Amanda in 2006 at a Naruto cosplay photoshoot, she was kankuro. My friend and I were mostly hanging out with her friend Ashley who was a kick butt gaara. I'm friends with both of them on facebook, she used to live in MI, now Amanda lives in FL.

She will be at Acen cosplaying other things, but she offered to fix my America wig if the little piece didn't stay up. XD

actually, here is the photo...(amanda is center, front row. I am to the right and my friend is on the left next to her. Ashley is the gaara behind me)
Posted Image

You guys all look amazing :)
--Rin (Free!)
--Mink (DMMD)

#254 User is offline   Nicoli 

• Pip

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:52 PM

View PostInkwell09, on 15 April 2012 - 08:43 PM, said:

Well, there are two locations, and it more or less depends on the time of day. One is inside the Hyatt, at the bottom of the lobby. So long as there is no event scheduled near the time the photoshoot ends, that's usually an empty spot until about 4pm (I have no idea what the finalized photoshoot time is...such a n00b...), if not, there is another spot in the main convention center entryway, towards the back.
My apologies, I am miserable at directions XD

Hm, well. I'm a bit confused about the directions. XDD But, I have a small clue where they are at. Let's talk about this meet up somewhere else. I'm not sure if Wenchman likes us talking about creating another sort of meetup in the Hetalia photoshoot board here. Just message me here, or on DA. :3
Acen 2013

#255 User is offline   Inkwell09 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:35 PM

kk, can do :D
--Rin (Free!)
--Mink (DMMD)

#256 User is offline   xSkylar 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 61556

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:49 PM

Updating my plans but I won't be bringing my fancy Norway costume anymore methinks; however, my friend and I will still be Denmark and Norway in their regular uniforms as well as there cute sailor versions. I don't know when the shoot is, but, we may or may not be there together because of prior cosplay plans.

** Saw the shoot times: Unfortunately my Den and I will not be together at either shoot </3

Anyway, one more week! : D

This post has been edited by xSkylar: 19 April 2012 - 10:51 PM

Anime Central 2014
Hanji Zoe [Shingeki no Kyojin]Mama Toad [Thumbelina]

#257 User is offline   firestixian 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 62041

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:39 PM

I hope I can make it in time for the Friday shoot! I'll be coming right from school, so it'll be some scrambling.
I'll be 2P!Ameriko while my fiend will be CD!England. Can't wait!
ACen 2014 (subject to change)
Friday - TBA • Saturday - Maid!Hungary (APH) / Kiki (Ghibli) • Sunday - Genderbent Glenn Rhee (TWD)

2014 Con Schedule
Uchi • Walker Stalker • C2E2 • ACen • JAFAX • SoyCon • Anime Midwest • Dashcon?? • Wiz World CC • Flashback Weekend • Con Alt Delete • Kollision

[Hetalia Meetups Chicago Facebook group]

#258 User is offline   DarrenShanForeva123 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61544

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:06 PM

friend got an update from the acen schedule ((since no one else is saying anything about it =3=))

Friday
10:30 PM
Ask A Nation: animefreakx's Panel Group
Dublin (Double Tree)

Saturday
7:00 PM
Ask A Nation!: jessicalynnchan's panel group
Vienna (Hyatt)

and don't kill me if it's wrong! they make last minute changes :thumbdown:

This post has been edited by DarrenShanForeva123: 25 April 2012 - 03:07 PM

#259 User is offline   wenchman 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:15 PM

Ohh thanks! That's very helpful.

#260 User is offline   firestixian 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 62041

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:01 PM

Are either of the Ask a Nation panels 18+?
I know that some people make them 18+ and I'm not yet 18, so I want to know whether or not to include it on my schedule, thanks~ ^_^'
ACen 2014 (subject to change)
Friday - TBA • Saturday - Maid!Hungary (APH) / Kiki (Ghibli) • Sunday - Genderbent Glenn Rhee (TWD)

2014 Con Schedule
Uchi • Walker Stalker • C2E2 • ACen • JAFAX • SoyCon • Anime Midwest • Dashcon?? • Wiz World CC • Flashback Weekend • Con Alt Delete • Kollision

[Hetalia Meetups Chicago Facebook group]

#261 User is offline   Nerdy_Luvs_You 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 60788

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:37 PM

View Postfirestixian, on 25 April 2012 - 05:01 PM, said:

Are either of the Ask a Nation panels 18+?
I know that some people make them 18+ and I'm not yet 18, so I want to know whether or not to include it on my schedule, thanks~ ^_^'

I know mine on Friday isn't 18+, since I'm running it and I am under 18. >.< Hope to see ya'll there!~

#262 User is offline   Nicoli 

• Pip

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:45 PM

View PostNerdy_Luvs_You, on 25 April 2012 - 06:37 PM, said:

I know mine on Friday isn't 18+, since I'm running it and I am under 18. >.< Hope to see ya'll there!~

Oh, you're running the one on Friday. Do you mind telling me where Dublin (Double Tree) would be? I'm not exactly sure, cause I fail at finding every event I plan to go to.
Acen 2013

#263 User is offline   wenchman 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:58 PM

It's across the stephen's center(the building with the dealer's room).

This post has been edited by wenchman: 25 April 2012 - 07:58 PM

#264 User is offline   DarrenShanForeva123 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61544

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:32 PM

i saw a video from last year's 18+ panel and they said the rating was just for the swearing <_< i can curse like a sailor if i want to but okay o3o

#265 User is offline   Inkwell09 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:45 PM

View PostNicoli, on 25 April 2012 - 06:45 PM, said:

Oh, you're running the one on Friday. Do you mind telling me where Dublin (Double Tree) would be? I'm not exactly sure, cause I fail at finding every event I plan to go to.

I was in the Double Tree last year, I can show ya where it is :3

Definitely going to drag the rest of the group to this panel, they'll love it XD
--Rin (Free!)
--Mink (DMMD)

#266 User is offline   Nerdy_Luvs_You 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 60788

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:13 PM

View PostNicoli, on 25 April 2012 - 06:45 PM, said:

We're actually not really sure where it is either, but it seems those above me know what they're talking about! >.<

#267 User is offline   ShadowYin-Yang 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 45136

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:14 PM

I've been to different photoshoots/gatherings in the past and I'm both surprised and impressed at the amount of effort from leaders based on the first post. Some past gatherings are sometimes disorganized and not as fun, but this eases me a bit.

This would be my first Hetalia gathering, I'm being China in his CD cover outfit!
So I hope to drop by to at least one of the times!
ACen 2014:

Confirmed:
-Ash Ketchum (Sinnoh/DP) (Pokemon)
-Louise Belcher (Bob's Burgers)

Maybes:
N/A

#268 User is offline   Lady Murasaki 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59101

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:39 AM

So how about dem Nazi's this year?

Not going to lie, I lol'd pretty hard.
"I am disillusioned enough to know that no man's opinion on any subject is worth a damn unless backed up with enough genuine information to make him really know what he's talking about."
~H. P. Lovecraft

#269 User is offline   wenchman 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:06 PM

Pyroh and I would like to thank all the gatherers there for your cooperation and good behaviour. This year was very successful, and admittedly I was quite afraid of running the shoots, even with pyroh's help. All of you were pleasant, and I'm very glad that this con was the first in awhile without incidents, and people left/stopped doing what they were told when asked. Unfortunately, I will not be running the Photoshoots next year, nor will pyroh as there are college complications that make my precense next year unconfirmed, and she plans to return to IRT.

If any of you want to be in contact with us, our tumblrs are wenchman and pyroh.

Thanks for the great year! (':

#270 User is offline   Santa Finland 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59766

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:54 PM

View PostLady Murasaki, on 29 April 2012 - 02:39 AM, said:

So how about dem Nazi's this year?

Not going to lie, I lol'd pretty hard.

I'm pretty sure they were from Hellsing not Hetalia.
ACen 2014 Cosplays:
flapper!fem!America (Hetalia - Original design)
maid!Nitori (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club)
Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan)
Lara Croft (Tomb Raider 2013)

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users