Anime Central Forums: Hetalia 2012 - Anime Central Forums

Jump to content

  • 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Hetalia 2012 Better earlier than never

#121 User is offline   The Forumcat 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 58542
  • Posts: 176
  • Joined: 18-June 10
  • Location:Midwest

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:55 PM

View Postwenchman, on 04 September 2011 - 06:50 PM, said:

Oh, no, I am very thankful. I just don't want it in this thread. Avoids confusion and all that.

Oh, that makes sense...
Are you a deadman?
Deadman Wonderland Photoshoot 2012

We have candy...

COSPLAYS 2011-2012
ACEN XV: Mockingbird (Deadman Wonderland [5%], VY2 (Vocaloid) [15%]
SoyCon 5: Utatane Piko Love is War ver. (Vocaloid) [0%]
Hallowe'en 2012: Joker (Kuroshitsuji)[0%]
Miscellaneous: Drocell Keinz (Kuroshitsuji) [25%]

#122 User is offline   wenchman 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 60533
  • Posts: 153
  • Joined: 23-May 11
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:58 PM

View PostThe Forumcat, on 04 September 2011 - 06:55 PM, said:

Oh, that makes sense...


I get pretty intense about organization, hehe. It would be pretty messy and difficult for other users to try and keep track of what goes where.

This post has been edited by wenchman: 04 September 2011 - 07:00 PM

Fandoms:
Kill la Kill / Psycho-Pass / Evangelion / Steins;Gate

Upcoming Cosplays:
ACen 2014; Nudisto Jakuzure Nonon / Asuka Langely Soryuu / Panty Anarchy

#123 User is offline   cosplay love monster 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 39777
  • Posts: 122
  • Joined: 30-September 09
  • Location:Chicagoland

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:03 PM

View Postwenchman, on 04 September 2011 - 06:39 PM, said:

Please start a new thread for that. My cohosts and I do not want to be affiliated or associated with this.


I shall. Please mind though, I doubt that anyone whose opinion really matters, would associate you to me. Also keep in mind, that I didn't even plan to wear anything offensive to your gathering, that how you treated me would be any reason I shall not be attending. I may stop in to say hello to a few people that are good friends of mine, but if I'm met with hostility, I will seek assistance from IRT, or even the Rosemont Police. I do not stand for bullying, and I appreciate the support of all the nice, respectable people in the fandom. I bid you good day.
JOIN THE ANIME CENTRAL DEVIANTS GROUP ON DEVIANTART!
http://anime-central.deviantart.com
Also, Keep up with my cosplay updates here:
http://spikerommel.deviantart.com
http://www.cosplay.com/member/46607

#124 User is offline   wenchman 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 60533
  • Posts: 153
  • Joined: 23-May 11
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:18 PM

View Postcosplay love monster, on 04 September 2011 - 07:03 PM, said:

I shall. Please mind though, I doubt that anyone whose opinion really matters, would associate you to me. Also keep in mind, that I didn't even plan to wear anything offensive to your gathering, that how you treated me would be any reason I shall not be attending. I may stop in to say hello to a few people that are good friends of mine, but if I'm met with hostility, I will seek assistance from IRT, or even the Rosemont Police. I do not stand for bullying, and I appreciate the support of all the nice, respectable people in the fandom. I bid you good day.


...wait, now you're implying I would hurt you? I'm sorry, but that's ridiculous. I may tell you that your Nazi costumes are inappropriate, but I would never physically hurt anyone over it. I have higher priorities when watching a group of 100+ people than dealing with you. If you have an issue with me, PM me but rehashing on other sites an argument you stopped is really inappropriate.
Fandoms:
Kill la Kill / Psycho-Pass / Evangelion / Steins;Gate

Upcoming Cosplays:
ACen 2014; Nudisto Jakuzure Nonon / Asuka Langely Soryuu / Panty Anarchy

#125 User is offline   The Forumcat 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 58542
  • Posts: 176
  • Joined: 18-June 10
  • Location:Midwest

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:23 PM

Guys... love and peace and unity and the golden rule... please? If you have to go sit in separate corners and ignore each other's existence, do that, but please don't fight!
*fidgets uncomfortably*

Are you a deadman?
Deadman Wonderland Photoshoot 2012

We have candy...

COSPLAYS 2011-2012
ACEN XV: Mockingbird (Deadman Wonderland [5%], VY2 (Vocaloid) [15%]
SoyCon 5: Utatane Piko Love is War ver. (Vocaloid) [0%]
Hallowe'en 2012: Joker (Kuroshitsuji)[0%]
Miscellaneous: Drocell Keinz (Kuroshitsuji) [25%]

#126 User is offline   wenchman 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 60533
  • Posts: 153
  • Joined: 23-May 11
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:26 PM

View PostThe Forumcat, on 04 September 2011 - 07:23 PM, said:

Guys... love and peace and unity and the golden rule... please? If you have to go sit in separate corners and ignore each other's existence, do that, but please don't fight!
*fidgets uncomfortably*



I'm currently trying to diffuse the situation, as I have been all day. Sorry to make you feel uncomfortable, I as well regret where this thread has gone and wish I had the power to erase certain various posts so I could have nipped it in the bud. ):
Fandoms:
Kill la Kill / Psycho-Pass / Evangelion / Steins;Gate

Upcoming Cosplays:
ACen 2014; Nudisto Jakuzure Nonon / Asuka Langely Soryuu / Panty Anarchy

#127 User is offline   Pyrochan 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 91
  • Posts: 125
  • Joined: 12-April 03
  • Location:CHICAGO.

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:30 PM

View Postcosplay love monster, on 04 September 2011 - 07:03 PM, said:

I shall. Please mind though, I doubt that anyone whose opinion really matters, would associate you to me. Also keep in mind, that I didn't even plan to wear anything offensive to your gathering, that how you treated me would be any reason I shall not be attending. I may stop in to say hello to a few people that are good friends of mine, but if I'm met with hostility, I will seek assistance from IRT, or even the Rosemont Police. I do not stand for bullying, and I appreciate the support of all the nice, respectable people in the fandom. I bid you good day.


It had already been mentioned earlier in this thread that you may hold your own private shoot, if you truly desire. Of course we can't stop you from walking around the con in full authentic uniform; that is up to the con staff discretion. The concern was that such displays on the uniform, which seemed implied you were suportive of and would thus wear to the con, would not be tolerated at THIS photoshoot. Now that you have your own photoshoot plans, there's no use continuing the arguement here, is there? Also, there was definitely no intention to harm you. As was stated, we don't want any incidents this year.
"Am I just a prologue or something?!"

IRT 2009-2010, 2013? [callsign: Pyro]
Acen14 Cosplay ideas:
Satsuki Kiryuin [Kill la Kill] / Naru [Ghost Hunt] / Homura [PMMM] / Nuriko [Fushigi Yuugi]

teamheichou @ tumblr / colorless productions

#128 User is offline   cactusmomma 

  • Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 3528
  • Posts: 2,143
  • Joined: 06-January 05
  • Location:On the right of Gary, IN

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:36 PM

Well, it does bring up a good point. Just because you may not be offended by it, someone's mother may pass by who really did have to deal with the Holocaust. If you guys do want to do a photoshoot with 100% correctness, I can talk to my higher up's to see if there's a time and a place this can happen... just remember, you will also have to handle how things go after the con with whatever pictures you take.

In replacement for the swastika, I would highly recommend screenprinting the appropriate country heads from here for your insignias. (Make sure your volume is UP. ;) )

#129 User is offline   The Forumcat 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 58542
  • Posts: 176
  • Joined: 18-June 10
  • Location:Midwest

Posted 04 September 2011 - 08:17 PM

View Postcactusmomma, on 04 September 2011 - 07:36 PM, said:

In replacement for the swastika, I would highly recommend screenprinting the appropriate country heads from here for your insignias. (Make sure your volume is UP. ;) )


You're evil! I went on that ride once when I was 4 ish... now the nightmares are going to return!
*runs away crying*

Are you a deadman?
Deadman Wonderland Photoshoot 2012

We have candy...

COSPLAYS 2011-2012
ACEN XV: Mockingbird (Deadman Wonderland [5%], VY2 (Vocaloid) [15%]
SoyCon 5: Utatane Piko Love is War ver. (Vocaloid) [0%]
Hallowe'en 2012: Joker (Kuroshitsuji)[0%]
Miscellaneous: Drocell Keinz (Kuroshitsuji) [25%]

#130 User is offline   Inkwell09 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 60472
  • Posts: 212
  • Joined: 22-May 11
  • Location:NAAAARNIAAAAAAAAAA~

Posted 04 September 2011 - 09:27 PM

I'm sad to see the the "swastika vs. no swastika" argument has surfaced again...and I fully 110% support the rules against wearing them to the photoshoot. (I had a great-grandfather who was a German-born Jew, and he fled to America at the very beginnings of the Holocaust; but then again I'm a hardcore Ludwig fan girl, so I can't say that I am completely unbiased either way. However, in this case, respect to others and their personal feelings wins out.)
However, for anyone who wishes to continue on with this argument, please keep in mind. Wenchman is orchestrating the photoshoot this year, so what ever rules they set are the rules that will be in play.
[font="Book Antiqua"] ACen 2014 Cosplays
--Gintoki (Gintama)****MAYBE
--Rin (Free!)
--Mink (DMMD)
--SURPRISE NOSTALGIC COSPLAY

#131 User is offline   wenchman 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 60533
  • Posts: 153
  • Joined: 23-May 11
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 04 September 2011 - 09:35 PM

In case anyone has not checked the main post recently; no more swastika rule comments or arguments will be tolerated from now on. The rule is there and it will not change. If anyone has questions about it, they should PM Pyroh and I.
Fandoms:
Kill la Kill / Psycho-Pass / Evangelion / Steins;Gate

Upcoming Cosplays:
ACen 2014; Nudisto Jakuzure Nonon / Asuka Langely Soryuu / Panty Anarchy

#132 User is offline   opimus.rm 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 28
  • Posts: 585
  • Joined: 08-April 03

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:32 AM

View Postwenchman, on 04 September 2011 - 09:35 PM, said:

In case anyone has not checked the main post recently; no more swastika rule comments or arguments will be tolerated from now on. The rule is there and it will not change. If anyone has questions about it, they should PM Pyroh and I.

Just because you can set the rules for one photo shoot it does not give you the right to decide on what can be posted here.

This post has been edited by opimus.rm: 05 September 2011 - 11:39 AM

I'm just a Mazinger in a rock and roll band!

#133 User is offline   wenchman 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 60533
  • Posts: 153
  • Joined: 23-May 11
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:44 AM

View Postopimus.rm, on 05 September 2011 - 11:32 AM, said:

Just because you can set the rules for one photo shoot it does not give you the right to decide on what can be posted here.


What I'm meaning to say is that the argument is resolved and thus it's silly to keep talking about it here. If someone really has a problem with it, they still have the option to PM us. Furthermore, the post is more meant to solidify that the rule will not change.

This post has been edited by wenchman: 05 September 2011 - 11:49 AM

Fandoms:
Kill la Kill / Psycho-Pass / Evangelion / Steins;Gate

Upcoming Cosplays:
ACen 2014; Nudisto Jakuzure Nonon / Asuka Langely Soryuu / Panty Anarchy

#134 User is offline   sisofgaara123 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 10398
  • Posts: 26
  • Joined: 15-April 07
  • Location:Mchenry county, IL

Posted 06 September 2011 - 05:59 PM

I most definitely agree with that rule, as people still b*tch about pearl harbor in America.(people, you weren't even alive for this, why are you b*tching?) Also, on youtube, funimation put a tv-MA age restriction on the hetalia videos, while ACEN is all ages.

Hetalia may include history, but is first and foremost a satire/parody. They omitted the mass murder and horrible truths because what is past is past, and the most important part is that we need to learn to work together after knowing war. Most of the hetalia fans are very aware of the horrible things that happened, and we don't need a reminder. That's not why I liked watching this show. Racism and stereotypes are not bad unless you actually believe them and discriminate unfairly/inhumanely according to them. If you can't laugh at yourself then maybe you're in the wrong place...

If you want the dark side of hetalia then you're not alone...just type a youtube search for dark hetalia, just don't bring it to the shoot. We are not holding a dark hetalia shoot, just what is portrayed in the manga/anime.

Like every fandom, they have their idiots. Don't judge a group by the village idiot(s). Otherwise your opinions and comments hold no merit.

America cosplayer out!
ACen 2012 Cosplay Plans
Friday

America (Hetalia) Temari (Naruto) Luka Megurine (vocaloid)
Saturday

America (Hetalia) Temari (Naruto) Luka Megurine (vocaloid)
Sunday
America (Hetalia)

#135 User is offline   wenchman 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 60533
  • Posts: 153
  • Joined: 23-May 11
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 06 September 2011 - 06:06 PM

View Postsisofgaara123, on 06 September 2011 - 05:59 PM, said:

I most definitely agree with that rule, as people still b*tch about pearl harbor in America.(people, you weren't even alive for this, why are you b*tching?) Also, on youtube, funimation put a tv-MA age restriction on the hetalia videos, while ACEN is all ages.

Hetalia may include history, but is first and foremost a satire/parody. They omitted the mass murder and horrible truths because what is past is past, and the most important part is that we need to learn to work together after knowing war. Most of the hetalia fans are very aware of the horrible things that happened, and we don't need a reminder. That's not why I liked watching this show. Racism and stereotypes are not bad unless you actually believe them and discriminate unfairly/inhumanely according to them. If you can't laugh at yourself then maybe you're in the wrong place...

If you want the dark side of hetalia then you're not alone...just type a youtube search for dark hetalia, just don't bring it to the shoot. We are not holding a dark hetalia shoot, just what is portrayed in the manga/anime.

Like every fandom, they have their idiots. Don't judge a group by the village idiot(s). Otherwise your opinions and comments hold no merit.

America cosplayer out!


Dark Hetalia is not necessarily a bad thing. I personally enjoy myself some conquistador!spain, but some discretion is to be had, yes? Especially in public places, people are really sensitive. I love seeing what comes out of privet shoots, though, how about you?
Fandoms:
Kill la Kill / Psycho-Pass / Evangelion / Steins;Gate

Upcoming Cosplays:
ACen 2014; Nudisto Jakuzure Nonon / Asuka Langely Soryuu / Panty Anarchy

#136 User is offline   The Forumcat 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 58542
  • Posts: 176
  • Joined: 18-June 10
  • Location:Midwest

Posted 06 September 2011 - 06:48 PM

If someone dressed up as Spain's battle axe, would it be possible for them to have a picture with all the Spains?
... will people even get it?

We also have someone considering being Iceland's puffin...
I know such odd people. They're fantastic.

Are you a deadman?
Deadman Wonderland Photoshoot 2012

We have candy...

COSPLAYS 2011-2012
ACEN XV: Mockingbird (Deadman Wonderland [5%], VY2 (Vocaloid) [15%]
SoyCon 5: Utatane Piko Love is War ver. (Vocaloid) [0%]
Hallowe'en 2012: Joker (Kuroshitsuji)[0%]
Miscellaneous: Drocell Keinz (Kuroshitsuji) [25%]

#137 User is offline   wenchman 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 60533
  • Posts: 153
  • Joined: 23-May 11
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 06 September 2011 - 06:52 PM

View PostThe Forumcat, on 06 September 2011 - 06:48 PM, said:

If someone dressed up as Spain's battle axe, would it be possible for them to have a picture with all the Spains?
... will people even get it?

We also have someone considering being Iceland's puffin...
I know such odd people. They're fantastic.



There will be a chance for characters categorized as "other" to pose. Inanimate objects and animals would fit in the criteria. (:
Fandoms:
Kill la Kill / Psycho-Pass / Evangelion / Steins;Gate

Upcoming Cosplays:
ACen 2014; Nudisto Jakuzure Nonon / Asuka Langely Soryuu / Panty Anarchy

#138 User is offline   Byakuya Kun 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 19491
  • Posts: 188
  • Joined: 26-September 08
  • Location:Michigan

Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:58 PM

Sooo on a lighter note of things...

Bought an America cosplay today. It was one of those must do's. America just seems like he would be exciting and fun to do, just to give me an excuse to be obnoxious to my friends. XD

It took forever to find the glasses though!

Acen 2012
Leon S Kennedy - RPD (Revised)
Germany - APH
America -APH

#139 User is offline   wenchman 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 60533
  • Posts: 153
  • Joined: 23-May 11
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:45 PM

View PostByakuya Kun, on 06 September 2011 - 07:58 PM, said:

Sooo on a lighter note of things...

Bought an America cosplay today. It was one of those must do's. America just seems like he would be exciting and fun to do, just to give me an excuse to be obnoxious to my friends. XD

It took forever to find the glasses though!


How much did you buy it for? I thrifted mine for super cheap. :3
Fandoms:
Kill la Kill / Psycho-Pass / Evangelion / Steins;Gate

Upcoming Cosplays:
ACen 2014; Nudisto Jakuzure Nonon / Asuka Langely Soryuu / Panty Anarchy

#140 User is offline   Byakuya Kun 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 19491
  • Posts: 188
  • Joined: 26-September 08
  • Location:Michigan

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:50 PM

View Postwenchman, on 06 September 2011 - 08:45 PM, said:

How much did you buy it for? I thrifted mine for super cheap. :3


I'm sure I paid more then I should have lol. I was just going to buy WW2 uniform for US Army (because it was cheaper) but I couldn't find one that would fit for America so I broke down and spent $150+ which includes the jacket, glasses and shoes.

Acen 2012
Leon S Kennedy - RPD (Revised)
Germany - APH
America -APH

#141 User is offline   wenchman 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 60533
  • Posts: 153
  • Joined: 23-May 11
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:52 PM

View PostByakuya Kun, on 06 September 2011 - 08:50 PM, said:

I'm sure I paid more then I should have lol. I was just going to buy WW2 uniform for US Army (because it was cheaper) but I couldn't find one that would fit for America so I broke down and spent $150+ which includes the jacket, glasses and shoes.


On an online cosplay site or replica uniform site?
Fandoms:
Kill la Kill / Psycho-Pass / Evangelion / Steins;Gate

Upcoming Cosplays:
ACen 2014; Nudisto Jakuzure Nonon / Asuka Langely Soryuu / Panty Anarchy

#142 User is offline   Byakuya Kun 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 19491
  • Posts: 188
  • Joined: 26-September 08
  • Location:Michigan

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:57 PM

View Postwenchman, on 06 September 2011 - 08:52 PM, said:

On an online cosplay site or replica uniform site?


The America cosplay I bought at a cosplay shop but Germany's I bought at a replica uniform store.

Acen 2012
Leon S Kennedy - RPD (Revised)
Germany - APH
America -APH

#143 User is offline   wenchman 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 60533
  • Posts: 153
  • Joined: 23-May 11
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:01 PM

View PostByakuya Kun, on 06 September 2011 - 08:57 PM, said:

The America cosplay I bought at a cosplay shop but Germany's I bought at a replica uniform store.


Ahhh ok. I don't trust cosplay making sites after I learned how to sew because I am a perfectionist ahahah

The german uniform sounds neato though. I had a friend who was able to turn a US uniform into an italy cosplay... I was amazed, especially at all the detail that had to be taken off or covered up.
Fandoms:
Kill la Kill / Psycho-Pass / Evangelion / Steins;Gate

Upcoming Cosplays:
ACen 2014; Nudisto Jakuzure Nonon / Asuka Langely Soryuu / Panty Anarchy

#144 User is offline   Byakuya Kun 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 19491
  • Posts: 188
  • Joined: 26-September 08
  • Location:Michigan

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:13 PM

View Postwenchman, on 06 September 2011 - 09:01 PM, said:

Ahhh ok. I don't trust cosplay making sites after I learned how to sew because I am a perfectionist ahahah

The german uniform sounds neato though. I had a friend who was able to turn a US uniform into an italy cosplay... I was amazed, especially at all the detail that had to be taken off or covered up.


I would have loved to do america's uniform completely authentic but I spent a week looking and couldn't find anything close.

Acen 2012
Leon S Kennedy - RPD (Revised)
Germany - APH
America -APH

#145 User is offline   wenchman 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 60533
  • Posts: 153
  • Joined: 23-May 11
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:03 PM

View PostByakuya Kun, on 06 September 2011 - 09:13 PM, said:

I would have loved to do america's uniform completely authentic but I spent a week looking and couldn't find anything close.


That sucks. ): Is this for a con sooner than ACen?
Fandoms:
Kill la Kill / Psycho-Pass / Evangelion / Steins;Gate

Upcoming Cosplays:
ACen 2014; Nudisto Jakuzure Nonon / Asuka Langely Soryuu / Panty Anarchy

#146 User is offline   Byakuya Kun 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 19491
  • Posts: 188
  • Joined: 26-September 08
  • Location:Michigan

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:06 PM

View Postwenchman, on 07 September 2011 - 09:03 PM, said:

That sucks. ): Is this for a con sooner than ACen?


Depends. I might try it for Kollisoncon (or however it is).

Acen 2012
Leon S Kennedy - RPD (Revised)
Germany - APH
America -APH

#147 User is offline   wenchman 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 60533
  • Posts: 153
  • Joined: 23-May 11
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:08 PM

View PostByakuya Kun, on 07 September 2011 - 09:06 PM, said:

Depends. I might try it for Kollisoncon (or however it is).


Have fun. (:
Fandoms:
Kill la Kill / Psycho-Pass / Evangelion / Steins;Gate

Upcoming Cosplays:
ACen 2014; Nudisto Jakuzure Nonon / Asuka Langely Soryuu / Panty Anarchy

#148 User is offline   Byakuya Kun 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 19491
  • Posts: 188
  • Joined: 26-September 08
  • Location:Michigan

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:09 PM

View Postwenchman, on 07 September 2011 - 09:08 PM, said:

Have fun. (:


I'll try! ^_^

Acen 2012
Leon S Kennedy - RPD (Revised)
Germany - APH
America -APH

#149 User is offline   sisofgaara123 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 10398
  • Posts: 26
  • Joined: 15-April 07
  • Location:Mchenry county, IL

Posted 08 September 2011 - 12:17 PM

View Postwenchman, on 06 September 2011 - 06:06 PM, said:

Dark Hetalia is not necessarily a bad thing. I personally enjoy myself some conquistador!spain, but some discretion is to be had, yes? Especially in public places, people are really sensitive. I love seeing what comes out of privet shoots, though, how about you?



I wouldn't know about dark hetalia if I wasn't interested in it ;D
I'm just saying that some people dislike hetalia because they don't depict the horrible-ness of the wars, but that there are people that understand that and still like hetalia. (via dark hetalia)

I get how it's only just a symbol, but the swastika is pretty powerful here in america. I'm not saying that they shouldn't wear it at all, but just not with the offical hetalia group. If they want a private shoot I'd be willing to show up, it only takes a couple of people to find it offensive and then things get ruined. It's something you can't help, so why take the risk?

BLAH...

I bought the coat, wig, and dog tags from my friend Amanda...it's sad to see her retire as America though. I just need to decide if I want to do an offical suit or just what she did in this video.

(GAH CAN'T WAIT TO GET THOSE THINGS XDDDD)
Hetalia tik tok parody

This post has been edited by sisofgaara123: 08 September 2011 - 12:21 PM

ACen 2012 Cosplay Plans
Friday

America (Hetalia) Temari (Naruto) Luka Megurine (vocaloid)
Saturday

America (Hetalia) Temari (Naruto) Luka Megurine (vocaloid)
Sunday
America (Hetalia)

#150 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284
  • Posts: 1,978
  • Joined: 09-January 11
  • Location:где-то в Соединенных Штатах Америки

Posted 08 September 2011 - 02:21 PM

View PostByakuya Kun, on 18 August 2011 - 06:53 AM, said:

Yeah! Finally my boots are here for Germany! -dance-

Though I am scared they wont be correct.


If they are not we wouldn't mind or care :)

The Hetalia lot is pretty posh about that.

*Yawns* I am seriously thinking about Greece than CD Russia, due to the fact that I'm so sleepy a lot of times =_= even right now. The problem is I'm taking Russian not Greek lol.

I might end up falling asleep on people like this year.

Would a prop shovel be alright for the photoshoot? (It is canon for Russia lol.)
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.


Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

  • 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users