#1 User is offline   wenchman 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 60533

Posted 24 May 2011 - 05:55 PM

-2012 April 10-

With the con coming up, I am going to remind everyone of what to expect;

READ THE RULES. That should tell you enough. Know anyone who's going? SHOW THEM THE RULES. Pyroh may be much more patient than I, but neither of us will tolerate chaos, damage done to other cosplayers/attendees, or extreme lewdness. If we see something that raises an alarm, we may ask you to stop and be expected to be kicked out if you don't. I understand that we seem really strict and unfun but, the amount of fun we have depends on the behaviour of those attending. We also are fully aware of a lot of terrible things happening at these shoots in the past, and we want to avoid these things from happening at all costs, as it has made the photoshoots very unpleasant for us and some of those attending the gatherings.

Basically, use your brains and you won't have to see Pyroh and I be unpleasant.

PLEASE ALSO REMEMBER NOT TO BRING YOUR FLAGS AND DO NOT BRING ANYTHING WITH BLATANT NAZI INSIGNIA.

I will have pictures of Pyroh and I up soon so you may know who exactly to listen to. (':

Thanks guys! c:

-2012 February 26-

Good news! My cohost and I are going, so no need to find replacements. Sorry for the scare! )':

THE FINALIZED SCHEDULE IS HERE: Full Schedule

Friday, 5-6pm, Loading Docks A
Saturday, 1-2pm, Loading Docks A

Please read the rules at the bottom of this post! They are purple!

-2012 February 5-

Seems something has come up for me--I may not be able to attend ACen this year due to college commitments, the same goes for my cohost. We will need TWO OR MORE PEOPLE that will be willing to fill in for us. Please send me a private message if you are interested. I should know before April 1st what the situation is, but for now everything is up in the air.

I'm really sorry.

-2011 September 4-

NO MORE COMMENTS ON THE NAZI INSIGNIA RULE WILL BE DISCUSSED. Please keep your comments to pairing suggestions and sharing your cosplays from now on. If you have an issue, PM pyroh and I.

-2011 August 17-

Sorry if this was not clear, but we will not be doing individual characters simply because there are too many. We hope you understand. Also, "selfcest" is not an acceptable category of pairings.

Sorry for any confusion. As always, comment in the thread or PM me with any questions. (:

-2011 July 18-

Any person seen wearing or carrying anything with Nazi insignia during the photoshoots will be asked to remove the clothing/flag/item or will be forced to leave.

Any persons seen participating in any offensive behaviour during their character's/pairing's photo time will be warned once before being forced to leave.

HETALIA IS NOT A DEROGATORY OR CRUDE SERIES. We will make sure our behaviour reflects that.

Also, ALL FLAGS ARE PROHIBITED FROM BEING ON DISPLAY AT THE PHOTOSHOOT. My cohost and I have agreed that despite the rule is rather harsh, there are simply too many problems with flags and mistreatment of them. If you must bring your flag to the photoshoot, please put it away or prop it against a wall, out of sight from any photos, so that it does not touch the ground.

-2011 May 28-

READ THIS

I want to let you guys know, THIS KIND OF BEHAVIOUR WILL ABSOLUTELY NOT BE ACCEPTABLE WHATSOEVER. I do not feel the need to go at great length, as Shirtless Axel has already done a more than exceptional job explaining this. When I say "Be Respectful" in the etiquette, I mean don't do things like this. It's inappropriate, it's rude, and it has made several veterans extremely uncomfortable cosplaying from this series. We don't want to lose any more members because of things like this.

ALSO: I am not doing a roll call or making a list of who is going as what, as there are simply too many people to keep up with. Feel free too comment with who you are cosplaying anyway.

-2011 May 24-

I like to have things planned out early, so let's get started on this, shall we?

For times and locations, I'm thinking doing the usual will be easiest on us;

Friday: 5-6pm East Outdoor Wall
Saturday: 12-1pm right Loading Docks. This could change based on when the panel is.

Here's what I'm thinking will be the order of photos, both Friday and Saturday:

Everyone
Allies
Axis
Europe
Americas
Asians
Nordics
USSR
Germans
Tomato Gang
Mediterraneans (if enough)
Africans (if enough)
Alternate Outfits
Nyotalia
OCs and Others
Pairings (will be decided on with your help)

For pairings, I'm thinking of starting with the most popular, then taking requests.

USUK
GerIta
FrUk
Spamano
Germancest
FACE
Aus/Hun
SuFin
Bad Touch Trio
JP/UK (1)
Spain/Austria
Rus/Am (1)
Giripan (1)
PoLiet (1)
Requests

I don't really know where to go with pairings from here, since I don't get myself involved in too many ships. Any help here would be appreciated.

If anyone has any suggestions on things to add or take out in either list, feel free to reply!

Rules and Etiquette:

FOLLOW DIRECTIONS FROM THE HOSTS: We are running this for a reason; we are leading you, and the only way we can lead you is if you cooperate. If you violate any of the rules, understand that you will be asked to leave and in some cases forced to leave. Understand that we do it not to be mean, but because you are being a disturbance.
BE RESPECTFUL: Keep your hands to yourself. No harassing other cosplayers, jumping all over them, ruining their stuff, etc. Please remember that EVERYONE HAS DIFFERENT SPACE BOUNDARIES. Even if you are in-character, keep it in-check; do not go as far as to hurt another cosplayer or push past their comfort zone. If you feel you have been harassed, please calmly tell the person to stop, and if they do not stop, my cohost, I or even IRT can handle it. Also, please no pairing bashing, that just causes drama and none of us want that, especially with such a large group. No seig heiling, so inappropriate gestures, no racist comments please.
NO FLAGS: All flags are prohibited from being on display at the photoshoot. If you must bring your flag to the photoshoot, please put it away or prop it against a wall, out of sight from any photos, so that it does not touch the ground.
PLEASE STAY ON-TASK: We will likely have a really large group, so following instructions from me and my cohost will be highly appreciated. I am loud, so it should be easy to hear me. c; We want to give everyone an equal chance for getting photos.
NO NAZI INSIGNIA: If you are wearing Nazi insignia or carrying any Nazi flag, you will be asked to either remove the item/article of clothing or leave. None of the characters are shown with any Swastikas on their uniforms and thus such symbols do not belong in a public Hetalia gathering.

If I am forgetting anything, PLEASE NOTIFY ME.

All Times, Locations, ETC are subject to change. Please check this post occasionally for any updates and changes!

Hope to hear from you guys.

This post has been edited by wenchman: 10 April 2012 - 08:44 PM

Fandoms:
Kill la Kill / Psycho-Pass / Evangelion / Steins;Gate

Upcoming Cosplays:
ACen 2014; Nudisto Jakuzure Nonon / Asuka Langely Soryuu / Panty Anarchy

#2 User is offline   Karrissarella 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 13944

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:09 PM

If you don't mind me helping out in pairing requests~

GerIta
FrUk
TENTATIVE ACen 2012 Plans
+. Kurisu Makise [Steins;Gate]
+. Misty [Pokemon]
+. Shiemi Moriyama [Ao no Exorcist]
+. Linda Linda! Masaomi Kida [Durarara!!]

#3 User is offline   wenchman 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:14 PM

View PostKarrissarella, on 24 May 2011 - 06:09 PM, said:

If you don't mind me helping out in pairing requests~

GerIta
FrUk

Ah, thanks a lot!
Fandoms:

Upcoming Cosplays:

#4 User is offline   Skogkatt 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59762

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:16 PM

Gosh, I dunno if I can after the horrible incident at this year's gathering...you won't be expecting Norway this year unless he finds a good protective group to hide in. Sorry, maybe once the popularity of the series dies down.
ACen 2011: Norway[Hetalia], casual!Prussia[Hetalia], child!Third Doctor[Doctor Who]

vFuture ideas
gijinka!K-9[Doctor Who]60%, gijinka!Intelligence Core[Portal]40%, normal!Jade[Homestuck]50%, Duelist Kingdom!Bakura[YuGiOh]5%, student!Evangeline[Negima!?]50%, Lieutenant!Aizen[Bleach]30%

I'm open for costume-designing commissions!

#5 User is offline   wenchman 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:43 PM

View PostSkogkatt, on 24 May 2011 - 06:16 PM, said:

I dunno if I can after the horrible incident at this year's gathering...

I'm sorry. What happened? I will try to prevent anything unpleasant, or any disorganization, as the latter is not something acceptable at all to me, especially for such a large group.

This post has been edited by wenchman: 24 May 2011 - 06:58 PM

Fandoms:

Upcoming Cosplays:

#6 User is offline   LoveLetters 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59638

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:20 PM

Oh USUK and FrUK is already on so....I request JapanxUK<---buddy of mine is into it and wants me to be her England :/ Meh...

Oh but theres already a hetalia thread made. So is this one the official 2012 thread for Hetalia?
**The spaces between your fingers were created so that another's could fill them**ACen 2013 (Hopefully...Graduation is in the way..) England: %100 completed, Halloween2010!England %0, 2P!England %1, Chibirisu %0, Jeanne de Arc %0, Yukio %0, Ciel Phantomhive %0
Main dA boi, dA Advice Account, Youchube Account
Babe, you mean more to me than you can ever know.

#7 User is offline   Pyrochan 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 91

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:21 PM

Yeah, after dealing with a Spain cosplayer who refused to respect a request to back off, even after being asked multiple times, the personal space rule will be very enforced. Some people are cool with being jumped on or grabbed or flirted with --even if it's in jest-- others just aren't comfortable at all, and that needs to be respected. By the East Outdoor Wall, the IRT office is very close, and some officers, if on the balcony, have a perfect view of the shoot, so I'm certainly going to direct complaints there if necessary.
"Am I just a prologue or something?!"

IRT 2009-2010, 2013? [callsign: Pyro]
Acen14 Cosplay ideas:
Satsuki Kiryuin [Kill la Kill] / Naru [Ghost Hunt] / Homura [PMMM] / Nuriko [Fushigi Yuugi]

teamheichou @ tumblr / colorless productions

#8 User is offline   wenchman 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:22 PM

View PostSirArthurKirkland, on 24 May 2011 - 07:20 PM, said:

Oh USUK and FrUK is already on so....I request JapanxUK<---buddy of mine is into it and wants me to be her England :/ Meh...

Oh but theres already a hetalia thread made. So is this one the official 2012 thread for Hetalia?

I'll see if more for Japan/UK is requested, but I will keep it in mind.

And yes, I'd like to consider this the official one for 2012. (: Anything about 2011 should probably stay in the 2011 thread to keep things organized.
Fandoms:

Upcoming Cosplays:

#9 User is offline   LoveLetters 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:25 PM

View Postwenchman, on 24 May 2011 - 07:22 PM, said:

I'll see if more for Japan/UK is requested, but I will keep it in mind.

And yes, I'd like to consider this the official one for 2012. (: Anything about 2011 should probably stay in the 2011 thread to keep things organized.

Ah I understand :3 Its weird though because I think the 2011 thread has 2010 in it x3 (i think...)so i got confused for a sec

This post has been edited by SirArthurKirkland: 24 May 2011 - 07:26 PM

**The spaces between your fingers were created so that another's could fill them**ACen 2013 (Hopefully...Graduation is in the way..) England: %100 completed, Halloween2010!England %0, 2P!England %1, Chibirisu %0, Jeanne de Arc %0, Yukio %0, Ciel Phantomhive %0

#10 User is offline   wenchman 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:41 PM

View PostSirArthurKirkland, on 24 May 2011 - 07:25 PM, said:

Ah I understand :3 Its weird though because I think the 2011 thread has 2010 in it x3 (i think...)so i got confused for a sec

No, it's fine. Also, are you the colony!Canada from ACen 2011? I am the pirate romano who's Spain got a pic with a colony Canada and America at some point.

This post has been edited by wenchman: 24 May 2011 - 07:42 PM

Fandoms:

Upcoming Cosplays:

#11 User is offline   LoveLetters 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 25 May 2011 - 04:12 PM

View Postwenchman, on 24 May 2011 - 07:41 PM, said:

No, it's fine. Also, are you the colony!Canada from ACen 2011? I am the pirate romano who's Spain got a pic with a colony Canada and America at some point.

Ah no sorrys.. ^^ I was England with a white purse and a litte japan and an america later during saturday. (I only went saturday........but met eric vale on sunday with my japan xD)

#12 User is offline   MisakiMise 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 32365

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:17 PM

I think I might do Turkey next year.
I'm still deciding...
It doesn't hurt to get started early~

ACen 2014 ideas
?????

deviantART|Flickr

#13 User is offline   Karrissarella 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 13944

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:21 PM

I would love to have some form of N. Italy done by this con but we shall see.
TENTATIVE ACen 2012 Plans
+. Kurisu Makise [Steins;Gate]
+. Misty [Pokemon]
+. Shiemi Moriyama [Ao no Exorcist]
+. Linda Linda! Masaomi Kida [Durarara!!]

#14 User is offline   Emi-chi 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 18896

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:03 AM

The plan for next year for me and my BFF is to do Renaissance!Chibitalia/Chibimano on Friday and hopefully get Fem!Austria and Fem!Prussia done for Saturday~ :3

#15 User is offline   wenchman 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 27 May 2011 - 01:13 PM

View PostEmi-chi, on 27 May 2011 - 12:03 AM, said:

The plan for next year for me and my BFF is to do Renaissance!Chibitalia/Chibimano on Friday

That's funny. Ive been getting working on my Teen!Romano for ACen 2012, too. I can't wait to see it, then!
Fandoms:

Upcoming Cosplays:

#16 User is offline   LoveGaara 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 58566

Posted 28 May 2011 - 02:25 PM

Well, if you guys didnt notice, I wasn't at any of the shoots this year (Friday due to it being right after the FT one, so I was the one in the blue hair taking pics. Saturday I got out of my room late and the shoot was already taking place and I wasnt going to be there for any pairings*Im an odd APH fan who doesnt like yaoi*) but I'll hopfully be apart of the group shots next year. Im still thinking on who to cosplay but I know I really want to do Fem!England. Maybe Pirate!England as well but idk how that will work. I'm still thinking about it but when I officially decide I'll let you know.
ACen 2012 Cosplay: MAYBE Wendy Marvell (Fairy Tail), Revolutionary!America/Alfred F. Jones (Hetalia: Axis Powers)

ACen 2011 Cosplay: Wendy Marvell(Fairy Tail) America/Alfred F. Jones(Hetalia: Axis Powers)
ACen 2010 Cosplay: Sakura Haruno(Naruto)

#17 User is offline   Bynn 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 60052

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:11 PM

Even though I wasn't near the photo shoot for Hetalia this year, I had a clear shot of it from my hotel room. (I know, that sounds a bit creepy. xDD Sorry!) However, I was too lazy to get down there and just take pictures. Plus, I didn't dress up as anyone from Hetalia this year.

However, if all goes well during the next year, I plan on going as Mr. High-and-Mighty, I-like-my-pipe Nederland, or plain old Holland. I already have the Dutch Flag at home because of my mom's side. Plus, it always gives me a chance to play a lesser cosplayed character. If I can, I will most likely be going as him.

Although, I debate on the Isolastionist!Japan strip or his regular military uniform. I really..don't want to go in all orange. ;___;

And what you are saying about personal space, I will assure you... I keep to that rule quite a lot.

#18 User is offline   Keans 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 57580

Posted 19 June 2011 - 03:58 PM

I didnt cosplay Hetalia and I only went to the Friday Photoshoot this year (2011), but I was very sad not to see any Grandpa Rome/Acient Rome. I might decide to him next year, mainly I want to finish him beffore SoyCon's Beach day so I can take pictures in the water singing Heaven and Hell song (which I plan to memorize).
ACEN 2012:
Big O! - Roger Smith
Fairy Tail - Gajeel

ACEN 2013 - Gene Starwin(Outlaw Star)
Go check my FB Album and give me suggestions!!!
[/size]Facebook DeviantArt

#19 User is offline   MysterOwns 

• Panel Programming Staff
  • Pip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 59772

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:01 PM

I Was the Casual Germany Of Hetalia And Ill Be Bringing Him Back Next Year Cause There Are Not Many Germany's So Look Forward to Seeing You All There
"Hold on to the ones u love and never let them go or they will be lost to you forever"-Myster
"One Truth Prevails"-Jimmy Kudo
"Lady Luck Is Smiling"-Twisted Fate

#20 User is offline   Briefasa 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 15562

Posted 22 June 2011 - 05:17 PM

Not 100% sure if I'm gonna bring any of my Hetalia cosplays next year but I'll be at at least one of the photoshoots taking pics for sure! If I do cosplay I'll be my regular, Belarus. :3

#21 User is offline   wenchman 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 30 June 2011 - 06:07 PM

View PostMysterOwns, on 22 June 2011 - 03:01 PM, said:

I Was the Casual Germany Of Hetalia And Ill Be Bringing Him Back Next Year Cause There Are Not Many Germany's So Look Forward to Seeing You All There

Not to be rude but there were lots of "casual" Germanies there. C:

View PostBriefasa, on 22 June 2011 - 05:17 PM, said:

Not 100% sure if I'm gonna bring any of my Hetalia cosplays next year but I'll be at at least one of the photoshoots taking pics for sure! If I do cosplay I'll be my regular, Belarus. :3

Belarus is so much fun to cosplay!
Fandoms:

Upcoming Cosplays:

#22 User is offline   MysterOwns 

• Panel Programming Staff
  • Pip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 59772

Posted 02 July 2011 - 01:23 AM

[font="Times New Roman"]I was wearing medals and also red,white.blue cords on my shoulders/font]
"Hold on to the ones u love and never let them go or they will be lost to you forever"-Myster
"One Truth Prevails"-Jimmy Kudo
"Lady Luck Is Smiling"-Twisted Fate

#23 User is offline   that-one-girl 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 58546

Posted 04 July 2011 - 05:07 PM

Next year I'm hoping to go as both Nyotalia!England (gakuen and/or casual) and normal!England though plans are subject to change.

This post has been edited by that-one-girl: 04 July 2011 - 05:08 PM

#24 User is offline   pink-cute-sakura 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 60717

Posted 09 July 2011 - 07:00 AM

My 2nd year going. And first time going to a gathering. I'll be going as Fem!!N. Italy. Hopefully I can get a flag or make one.
I'm just being cool....

Cosplays at Acen 12':
GenderBent Italy from Hetalia: Cooking Mama Style
Sakura Haruno from Naruto: W/ traveling Cape

#25 User is offline   wenchman 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:15 AM

View Postpink-cute-sakura, on 09 July 2011 - 07:00 AM, said:

My 2nd year going. And first time going to a gathering. I'll be going as Fem!!N. Italy. Hopefully I can get a flag or make one.

That's awesome! My girlfriend and I did Nyotalia Spamano cosplays last year for the Friday shoot. I can't wait to see more next year. :D
Fandoms:

Upcoming Cosplays:

#26 User is offline   cosplay love monster 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 39777

Posted 13 July 2011 - 03:38 AM

I'll be bringing back Prussia :) Sorry I was so flighty at the photoshoot this year. I was a bit shy, and I actually really really liked that Russia that was wearing the Authentic Soviet Military uniform! Any chance this fine individual can re-establish contact with me? I'm looking to put together a crew to take some photos with in the near future. :D
JOIN THE ANIME CENTRAL DEVIANTS GROUP ON DEVIANTART!
http://anime-central.deviantart.com
Also, Keep up with my cosplay updates here:
http://spikerommel.deviantart.com
http://www.cosplay.com/member/46607

#27 User is offline   wenchman 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 18 July 2011 - 07:42 PM

Bumping for important updates.
Fandoms:

Upcoming Cosplays:

#28 User is offline   Keans 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 57580

Posted 19 July 2011 - 06:06 PM

I finished my armor for Rome. I wore it during Anime Midwest. I might bring it to Acen if I can fix it since it tore at the back when I layed down for a shot ^^;;;

Here is a pic another cosplayer took of me:http://img.photobuck...5_1608130_n.jpg
ACEN 2012:
Big O! - Roger Smith
Fairy Tail - Gajeel

ACEN 2013 - Gene Starwin(Outlaw Star)
Go check my FB Album and give me suggestions!!!
[/size]Facebook DeviantArt

#29 User is offline   supergeekgirl 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 5622

Posted 21 July 2011 - 08:05 AM

View Postcosplay love monster, on 13 July 2011 - 03:38 AM, said:

I'll be bringing back Prussia :) Sorry I was so flighty at the photoshoot this year. I was a bit shy, and I actually really really liked that Russia that was wearing the Authentic Soviet Military uniform! Any chance this fine individual can re-establish contact with me? I'm looking to put together a crew to take some photos with in the near future. :D

Was it someone at the Hetalia shoot or just walking around?
Costumes for ACEN 2012: Metal Gear: The Boss (BDUs, sneaking suit), Otacon; Doctor Who: Romana II (bathing outfit from "The Leisure Hive"), Twelfth Doctor; Other: Kaylee Frye from Firefly

Read my epic Cobra Unit fanfic The Joy of Battle: Historical Espionage Action!

#30 User is offline   rin1782 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 58967

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:40 AM

Hiya! I'm going to be South Korea this year with some other people being the other Asians. We will have a China, Hong Kong, Taiwan (I hope), Japan, and possibly a Shinatty!
Da-Ze~

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users