Anime Central Forums: Suggestions for ACen 2012 - Anime Central Forums

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Suggestions for ACen 2012 Have a solution to a problem from ACen 2011?

#151 User is offline   chainedbyroses 

• Special Needs Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 11017

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:38 PM

View Postmindue, on 07 March 2012 - 07:01 PM, said:

I think that Acen can't bring in outside food due to a contract or something.

Hotel/con center contracts & union deal stuff means absolutely nothing with food is on the table (no pun intended).
Special Needs/ADA Staff 2014 | Thurs-Sun @ DESCC Registration Hall
• 2014 cosplay • || Marvel/Cap2: Natasha (hoodie, jacket) || Supernatural: Meg 2.0; Dean

""Why is 6 afraid of 7?" .....Well, I would suppose it's because 7 is a prime number, and prime numbers can be intimidating..." - Castiel

#152 User is offline   Kasumisty 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 2097

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:31 PM

View PostSmokey said:

Like I said before, once we verify the need, we can work with you.

What would qualify, you ask? If you're carrying a huge backpack and your medical supplies consists of a small pill container that can just as easily fit in your pocket, that would be way into the "trying to use it to gain special privilege" end of the scale, and a pass will not be issued.

What if you don't have pockets, though? Do you know how often womens clothing doesn't come with pockets? Excluding jackets and hoodies most of my clothes don't have pockets, and if there are pockets (like in some jeans) they are too small to fit anything at all bulky, like a pill bottle.

This post has been edited by Kasumisty: 19 April 2012 - 11:31 PM

#153 User is offline   chainedbyroses 

• Special Needs Staff
  • PipPip

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:47 AM

View PostKasumisty, on 19 April 2012 - 11:31 PM, said:

What if you don't have pockets, though? Do you know how often womens clothing doesn't come with pockets? Excluding jackets and hoodies most of my clothes don't have pockets, and if there are pockets (like in some jeans) they are too small to fit anything at all bulky, like a pill bottle.

That reply was more a response to trying to get a pass for a giant backpack when all your ADA needs are like a small single pack of pills. In the past people have abused this to get their bags in to events (a number of unsavory girl incidents I encountered & reported having witnessed in the ladies' room, sadly.), so the point here was really just to keep a reasonable sized bag in proportion to what you need to carry (for a better example, using a moving truck to transport a lone pillow would be silly when it could just ride in the car, or car's trunk, with you. Sorry if this example sucks though!).

If you have no pockets and don't have a ridiculously jumbo bag as tall as you that you want the pass for, you should be just fine. My purse is an over the shoulder small (~16"x~12") vertical messenger bag (one of the 2008 style BeKyoot brand bags), and between an emergency inhaler, anti-allergic reaction meds, non-latex bandages, and daily medication, I have had no problem with my bag size, for what it's worth.
• 2014 cosplay • || Marvel/Cap2: Natasha (hoodie, jacket) || Supernatural: Meg 2.0; Dean

""Why is 6 afraid of 7?" .....Well, I would suppose it's because 7 is a prime number, and prime numbers can be intimidating..." - Castiel

#154 User is offline   Kasumisty 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 2097

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:09 PM

Thanks for the clarifications! :) I don't carry huge bags anyway, my back can't handle the weight. I do need to have a bottle of water or something however to take my pills with so would it be acceptable to have a bag/purse large enough to fit that? I mean that's the biggest thing that I would be carrying, and my normal purse is a bit too small to hold one so I might have to use something a little bigger.

#155 User is offline   chainedbyroses 

• Special Needs Staff
  • PipPip

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:08 PM

View PostKasumisty, on 20 April 2012 - 01:09 PM, said:

Thanks for the clarifications! :) I don't carry huge bags anyway, my back can't handle the weight. I do need to have a bottle of water or something however to take my pills with so would it be acceptable to have a bag/purse large enough to fit that? I mean that's the biggest thing that I would be carrying, and my normal purse is a bit too small to hold one so I might have to use something a little bigger.

Seeing as most of the wallets the world sells to females are practically the size of water bottles anyway, and "small purses" generally can fit a small dog in them, a plain old "run of the mill" purse (**or for the more gaming/less purse-y crowd, a NOT-ridiculously-big-enough-to-hold-a-Wii-PS3-and-360-all-at-once sized messenger bag**) shouldn't be a problem. I used an Inuyasha (lolshushpeople) standard-size messenger bag from the vendor's hall for my first couple years without a problem, so I'd imagine bags that size and smaller shouldn't be an issue especially considering small bags don't exist.

If you forget to refill your bottle, or if for any other reason are empty or whatever, the larger events/rooms generally have water coolers in them, such as the Video Gaming's arcade, certain main events in past years, as well as the dances (before they run out at least). If you need to find out for sure, I'm sure someone on ADA or Con Ops should be able to tell you who's slotted to have a cooler where/when.

I hope everything works out well for you!

#156 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:24 PM

Prolly should prune this and make it for 2013, putting 2012 in the archive locker.

#157 User is offline   Jguy 

• Elite Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Elite
  • Member No.: 18261

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:32 PM

Hi all,

Please direct your suggestions for ACen 2013 to this thread: http://www.acen.org/...-for-acen-2013/

This one will be closed and archived with the 2012 stuff.

Thanks!
Go ahead and stop by my website: My Site

jguy@jguy:~$ apt-get cookie
apt-get: cookie not found
jguy@jguy:~$ apt-get cake
apt-get: cake not found[/font][/center]

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users