• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

2011 compliments anything good you have to say about irt

#1 User is offline   Drake_Ravencraft 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 10292

Posted 23 May 2011 - 01:57 PM

anything good you wanna say about irt and ops you wanna say thanks to this is the place to do it
IRT OP SHADE

2004-2007 attendee
2008-night shift
2009-2012 special events
2013 admin team
2014 admin team sub-commander

#2 User is offline   Ocarina Girl 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 60446

Posted 23 May 2011 - 02:00 PM

I'd like to thank you guys for being so nice!! While I was playing in the hotel, one of the IRT approached me and said that he and some of the other IRT thought it would be cool if I went up a few more floors so there'd be a better echo. Thanks!!
Tuu tuu tuu
I have an ocarina
Duu duu duu
And it makes a sound like this

#3 User is offline   C2Queen 

• Publication Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: Forum Staff
  • Member No.: 59630

Posted 23 May 2011 - 02:41 PM

View PostOcarina Girl, on 23 May 2011 - 02:00 PM, said:

I'd like to thank you guys for being so nice!! While I was playing in the hotel, one of the IRT approached me and said that he and some of the other IRT thought it would be cool if I went up a few more floors so there'd be a better echo. Thanks!!

Hey! I think you are the person that made my day! I was walking around feeling really kind of upset and then I heard a link playing an ocarina, and I walked by and told them they made my day ;///; I was so happy to see a link playing an ocarina. I wish I could always have one with me.

I had a lot of people compliment me on my glowing sword for my stocking cosplay, people could not get enough of it. I was stopped for pictures just about every single minute. The moment we actually first stepped out of our room in cosplay there was someone outside the door (A yachiru from Bleach) who wanted pictures xD I was like DAMN! ALREADY?! I had one girl compliment me on my Ashford girls uniform underneath, she was so psyched to see someone wearing it and said she had been looking all over the convention for someone in it.

But thank you IRT! I cut my hand on Saturday night trying to repair my cosplay and there's a deep gash in it. My friends took me downstairs and the IRT led me to the midway and watched out for me for a lot of the convention. I was being stalked by a creepy guy in a towel who was hammered and they took care of everything, thanks again IRT! ^_^

This post has been edited by C2Queen: 23 May 2011 - 02:54 PM

My Upcoming Cons/Events (2014): Soycon, Ramencon
Recently Attended (2014): Anime Central, Colossalcon

For general questions & questions about forum registration -- EMAIL US.

#4 User is offline   Denka 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 49937

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:37 PM

I want to compliment all of the IRT staff this year that actually lasted until Sunday. I <3 you all!

#5 Guest_SongstressLenne_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:55 PM

Actually the female on the lower level that was telling people about riding elevators allllll the way to bottom to go up, I owe you a thank you.

You tried really hard for a good 15-20 minutes to get myself and my boyfriend a elevator to get on on Saturday night since we were going to the tenth floor. I know you couldn't succeed and people were angry with you scolding them but you meant well and felt bad we opted for the stairs.

#6 User is offline   Menchi 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 11059

Posted 23 May 2011 - 07:56 PM

Everyone I interacted with this year on IRT was extremely helpful and courteous, so I'm quite pleased. Best compliments I can give would be regarding the line for the FLOW concert...they had specifically said they didn't want pre-lines hours before the concert (even though they were there) so when a line started forming inside and moving outside, rather than cause a scene or be rude, the female operative who was moving everyone outside kindly answered peoples' questions regarding how they were doing lines this year. Afterwards, a male IRT operative went throught EVERY SECTION of the outdoor line to explain the line policy. I thought this was very professional and much different from what I'd expect from IRT of previous cons, so I specifically want to recognize those two individuals.

I know people had qualms with how lines, and the fire code in general was handled, but taking the "rules" out of IRTs hands and recognizing the true reason for the changes (fire hazard etc) I think was a good step and a way to empower the staff with honest FACTS about how things operate the way they do rather than a typical "just because I say so". So kudos.

#7 User is offline   emtsteve 

• EMRT Department Head
  • Pip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 5515

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:09 AM

I would Like to thank all the IRT operatives that we interacted with this weekend. The space you gave us to work and the compassion that you gave the sick attendees did not go unnoticed. As our sister department we count on and appreciate your assistance more than you will ever know. Thank you again.

Your friendly Con
Medic 2
EMRT ADH
Steve "Medic 1"
EMRT - DH

#8 User is offline   Stkbayfield 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 29662

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:56 AM

Oh my gosh. Many props to Oragami. On the first night our artist group were out on the hotel floor doing an emergancy printing press for some Doujin comics that we needed for morning (long story short, a Kinkos employee screwed us over so hard. It was clear he didn't want to do the work so for the comics he said "come back after 10" --- which is when the store closed. So we lost about 3/4 valuable hours making this all happen). Anywho, Oragami came over and spoke with us for a while, introduced himself and said he was here to make sure we all have fun and took an interest in what we were doing. After a short while hotel staff informed IRT that what we were doing was a fire hazard (Mitch Hedberg on the subject) and he was so kind and apologetic about it and even helped us get our large amount of stuff up as we moved it piece by piece back into the hotel room.

Given how all the people are always so negative about IRT when they tell them not to do something, this is the first real time that has happened to me in 3 ACENs and it was actually a pleasant experience. I'd never assumed being told not to do something could ever be a pleasant and uplifting experience, but this joy of a man really made me smile and I promised to remember and honor him. I wish I'd taken his picture.

#9 User is offline   davebb 

• EMRT
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 11282

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:47 AM

I would like to ditto emtsteve, as IRT was very good in the concenter side working with me for calling in medical as needed. A few tweaks needed for improvement, but nothing catastrophic, and also mainly because some of them were very new (we all start somewhere). They were very helpful keeping the floorspace secured needed for my work. Also Hack, I've made a note to your supervisors and co-DH on how well you handled my major medical emergency perfectly in putting in the call EXACTLY how it should have been said and the IRT team that was assigned there was awesome.

Ghost, you did great on your first time for the position. You handled the situation in the concenter excellent, especially with the multiple other events that were put on your plate with 1 and 2 hours before they occured. Excellent job with handling that. I hope to have you in the same place next year in the concenter.

As for you first year IRT members. A lot of you I was impressed with your professionalism in a lot of instances that I observed directly. Keep up the good work and the great attitude. The other first years I'm sure you did well too, just if you were not in the concenter I had no interaction with you. Hope you had a very fulfilling experience and wish to return next year.

Soap Bubble line/crowd control ops. I have to say you guys did great in keeping the peace and safety outside when I was walking by while off duty.
Medic 6 : ACen 2014 EMRT ConCenter Supervisor (serving since 2008)
Dave Bukowski -- NREMT-B
EMT-B / EMA
"ask not what ACen can do for you--ask what you can do for ACen"

#10 User is offline   Kiezer 

• IRT Operative
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 34925

Posted 24 May 2011 - 11:02 AM

I must say I was very impressed with IRT this year! :thumbup: All of the IRT i had contact with was very friendly and helpful and if they didn't know something they directed my group somewhere that should know (even though they didn't always, hahaha). I feel bad that irt is bashed so often, i'm sure you guys put up with a lot and have tons of stress, but you guys usually handle the situations well(from my experiences at least). You guys do your best to keep us all safe and in line and it is much appreciated!!! :clap:
IRT OP Kiezer

ACen 2013 - Special Events IRT
ACen 2012 - Special Events IRT

#11 User is offline   Sorean 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 27135

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:33 PM

I didn't have a lot of interaction with IRT this year (isn't that always a good thing?), but the ones in the Artist Alley and Dealer's Room were all very calm and professional--major props. Also, a huge thank you to Hack who helped me drag my studio's giant box out on Sunday.
ACen '11: Chiaotsu (DBZ), Kusuriuri (Mononoke)
ACen '10: Korea (Hetalia), Riku (Eyeshield 21)

Mario sprite hats, cat ears and tails, Oh my! The Wunderkammer Etsy Shop
dA

#12 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:42 PM

IRT for me were really helpful this year. I just felt bad for the ones that had to deal with Main programming lines. But I have to say, I did like the new lining system that met outside the revolving doors. It made more sense and It went pretty smooth. There was a lot of miscommunication for it though, especially for Whose Line is it Anime because my group and a bunch of other people were told by a IRT member the line is at the sign, then we saw the line was out the door. But the IRT and those who were in line were very good in getting us a spot upfront since we were waiting there waaaaay in advance. I'd say for next year keep the newer line policy, because it was pretty smooth this year, I am sure it will be almost perfect next year. Thanks!!!! :D
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#13 User is offline   LolipopGestapo 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 4652

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:39 AM

Compliments to whoever was crowd-controlling the little hookah circle late Saturday/early Sunday away from the doors. I know we're frustrating but no one got rude at us.
Rawr.

#14 User is offline   GenericDreamers 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 586

Posted 25 May 2011 - 04:06 AM

The guys that kept lines for the dances were mostly polite and friendly about it. That's what I like seeing, maytag men rather than homeland security.
ACEN 2011 PHOTOS
My personal site
My Deviantart
MySpace
Facebook

2010 Costumes
Ronove (Umineko) || Kamui Gackpo - Magnet ver. (Vocaloid) || Grave Robber (Repo!) || Brief (Panty & Stocking)

#15 User is offline   Darksilverhawk 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 17462

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:57 AM

You all did a fabulous job this year, especially the ones patrolling the dealer's room and the Hyatt, since those are the ones I mainly saw. Everyone was friendly and helpful, and VERY polite towards con-goers. There were some that I could clearly tell were getting tried and frustrated, but never once was this taken out on the attendees. No complaints from me concerning the way you were treating con-goers. Keep up the good work!
Cosplays 2011:
Takenaka Hanbei (Sengoku Basara)[Saturday Daytime] ~ Rival/Silver (Pokemon HG/SS)[Saturday Evening] ~ Miku Hatsune (Festival of Asylum)[Friday] ~ Lolita [Sunday]
Livejournal ~ Cosplay.com ~ Youtube

#16 User is offline   JoeSomebody2 

• IRT Operative
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 58483

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:11 PM

ACEN got it done like a BOSS!!! B)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic