Anime Central Forums: Acen 2012 Cosplays! - Anime Central Forums

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Acen 2012 Cosplays! Who already knows what they're doing next year?

#241 User is offline   Phantasmagoria 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 17773

Posted 11 September 2011 - 07:50 PM

Just started cutting out the staff head of Yuna's Bella Donna with a jigsaw. It's coming along so well <3
ACEN 2012
Facebook: http://www.facebook....alexandriaburns

FRIDAY: Chii (Chobits) SATURDAY: Yuna (Final Fantasy X) SATURDAY NIGHT: TripleSix (Soap Bubble)

#242 User is offline   Inkwell09 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 60472

Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:32 PM

Not all that related, but I've figured out my cosplay for Anime World too :D
[font="Book Antiqua"] ACen 2014 Cosplays
--Gintoki (Gintama)****MAYBE
--Rin (Free!)
--Mink (DMMD)
--SURPRISE NOSTALGIC COSPLAY

#243 User is offline   TwoOfAKind 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 46377

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:49 PM

I plan on attending at least one day as Elena from Hitman Reborn.
I'm a lurker.
I look but don't always chat.

ACen '15 Cosplays
xXxJ u s t c a n ' t d e c i d e !
[x] Haruka Nanami (Rainbow Dream) from Uta no Prince-sama
[x] Basil from Hitman Reborn!

#244 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 08 October 2011 - 02:48 PM

Im such a huge dork. I decided to go as a female version of Dr. Doofenshmirtz of Phineas And Ferb. Im gonna have Perry The Platypus tied up and I may have an ACen-inator. Seriously. Im gonna make a -inator of some kind.

Posted Image
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#245 User is offline   Inkwell09 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 08 October 2011 - 10:07 PM

I'm changing my ideas again.
I've decided to redo Grell (2 versions) instead of being Germany. Eridan and Tyki are for sure though.
--Rin (Free!)
--Mink (DMMD)

#246 User is offline   Skogkatt 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59762

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:15 AM

I swear, I'm making so costumes I can't even decide anymore. @-@ I'M SO CONFUSED!!!
ACen 2011: Norway[Hetalia], casual!Prussia[Hetalia], child!Third Doctor[Doctor Who]

vFuture ideas
gijinka!K-9[Doctor Who]60%, gijinka!Intelligence Core[Portal]40%, normal!Jade[Homestuck]50%, Duelist Kingdom!Bakura[YuGiOh]5%, student!Evangeline[Negima!?]50%, Lieutenant!Aizen[Bleach]30%

I'm open for costume-designing commissions!

#247 User is offline   Zalrau 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61025

Posted 10 October 2011 - 11:53 PM

Foolish "13" people themed glow in the dark

This post has been edited by Zalrau: 10 October 2011 - 11:54 PM

#248 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:27 PM

Still doing the MC hero from Devil survivor 2:

Posted Image

I may or may not do CD Russia. I haven't figured out if I should keep on doing Hetalia this year because of cost or go back on an old cosplay.

But I am doing Rolling girl as well as Kida from Drrrr still as well.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#249 User is offline   OtakuChica 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 60765
  • Location:Hiding In your pantry. What? I get hungry watching you!

Posted 15 October 2011 - 11:26 AM

I'm still going to do Sakura, but I always want to try and see if I could make a good Kagamine Rin. She's so adorable! X33
ACen 2011 - Haruhi Suzumiya
ACen 2012 - Shippuden Sakura Haruno
ACen 2013 - Friday: fem!Jack Frost Saturday: Toon Link

#250 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 October 2011 - 06:30 PM

View PostOtakuChica, on 15 October 2011 - 11:26 AM, said:

I'm still going to do Sakura, but I always want to try and see if I could make a good Kagamine Rin. She's so adorable! X33

Ohhh which version?
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#251 User is offline   OtakuChica 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:45 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 15 October 2011 - 06:30 PM, said:

Ohhh which version?

I was thinking her usual outfit or possibly her append look, since it does not look as revealing as Miku's append. Most of Rin's other outfits don't seem to fit me or I don't really like. But I like how Japanese uniforms look with the sailor collars and unique designs (unlike America's plaid and polos) so if I cosplay Rin, it will most likely be her usual outfit. I've been told I'm cute and I'm bubbly! ^^

#252 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 October 2011 - 11:08 PM

View PostOtakuChica, on 15 October 2011 - 08:45 PM, said:

I was thinking her usual outfit or possibly her append look, since it does not look as revealing as Miku's append. Most of Rin's other outfits don't seem to fit me or I don't really like. But I like how Japanese uniforms look with the sailor collars and unique designs (unlike America's plaid and polos) so if I cosplay Rin, it will most likely be her usual outfit. I've been told I'm cute and I'm bubbly! ^^

I think append is a bit harder to pull off.

The easiest one is original, Fear Garden, (which is also a school outfit,) or Nazokake/Nazotoki, which is just a black dress. I rarely see people do that version or MONTY's. I think I seen original/Meltdown/append version the most though.

You know what I never seen? Robot heart invasion Rin.
Posted Image

I think its because its not translated and hard to find!
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#253 User is offline   kuro_ketsurui 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 4769

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:50 PM

View PostSTVO, on 28 August 2011 - 11:47 PM, said:

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/380164/ <- Somewhere in there I have pictures of myself as PeeWee Herman for Halloween way back in 2006. I'm thinking of going as him again for Halloween this year, the only downside is I did not save the original costume with the exception of the red tie. It won't be too hard to find, but I'm mad that I didn't save it but that's what happens when your closest gets too full of past costumes and other junk. :P

OMG! Dude! If you are serious about that, please let me know! A PeeWee-Cowboy Curtis meet-up at ACen would be EPIC! Oh man, if ACen allowed non-Japanese skits, I would totally consider doing a PeeWee skit for the Masquerade! So far, my plan is to go as PeeWee on Friday (and maybe Thursday to roam around the hotels and possible Meet N Greets? :D) and then my other costume on Saturday and Sunday. If you're serious Kuro, I'm definitely interested in a possible meet-up and maybe I'll try to get others to dress up as PeeWee characters (one friend said he would do Randy, lol.) Shoot me a PM!

BTW, the Doug group might be off. We might be doing costumes where I might dye my hair from black to blond, but I might get a blond wig only because I want to save my black hair for PeeWee. Either that or I'll buy a black hair wig to continue being PeeWee? Decision decisions. I'll officially announce the group costume when we decide it next week.

I've officially gotten half of the stuff I needed for Cowboy Curtis. It's on!
"If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?" -Scott Adams

Facebook

#254 User is offline   OtakuChica 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 18 October 2011 - 04:52 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 15 October 2011 - 11:08 PM, said:

I think append is a bit harder to pull off.

The easiest one is original, Fear Garden, (which is also a school outfit,) or Nazokake/Nazotoki, which is just a black dress. I rarely see people do that version or MONTY's. I think I seen original/Meltdown/append version the most though.

You know what I never seen? Robot heart invasion Rin.
Posted Image

I think its because its not translated and hard to find!

I think the Nazokake/Nazotoki isn't cosplayed often since it is just a black dress with no extra accessories that stand out unlike Magnet, where they have butterfly headphones. Fear Garden kinda freaked me out though, especially when Rin bit Miku's hand and one of her fingers fell off. >_<

Robot heart invasion Rin looks pretty cool though! I'm still a beginner though, so right now I'm trying to keep things pretty simple. But you're right, Append looks harder to pull off. I hate cosplaying what's common, but if I really like the character or outfit to cosplay, it doesn't matter to me that much anymore. So I might try Robot Heart Invasion or her original clothes.

This post has been edited by OtakuChica: 18 October 2011 - 04:55 PM

#255 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 October 2011 - 12:25 PM

View PostOtakuChica, on 18 October 2011 - 04:52 PM, said:

I think the Nazokake/Nazotoki isn't cosplayed often since it is just a black dress with no extra accessories that stand out unlike Magnet, where they have butterfly headphones. Fear Garden kinda freaked me out though, especially when Rin bit Miku's hand and one of her fingers fell off. >_<

Robot heart invasion Rin looks pretty cool though! I'm still a beginner though, so right now I'm trying to keep things pretty simple. But you're right, Append looks harder to pull off. I hate cosplaying what's common, but if I really like the character or outfit to cosplay, it doesn't matter to me that much anymore. So I might try Robot Heart Invasion or her original clothes.

Ah it was only a suggestion >_< I was trying to help you out and not totally take over in an 'Here's the hero look out!' sort of way. I was trying to give you pvs that had Rin in them with her outfits off of the top of my head.

I do wish that more people cosplayed the twins. I think last year I seen two people do Len/Rin; everyone else was Miku/Kaito. I know I was Lat Miku myself, but I wanted to do PVs that haven't been done before, like Cowardly Mount Blanc, Hold release, and Lynne.

I personally seen most of the creepy Vocaloid videos and the ones in order:

Creeped me out: Story about a poor rabbit (Kaito) grotesque girl rotten romance (miku) Alice human (Kaito, Rin/Len, Meiko, Miku.)

Wth? LOL: Song for the great satan (Rin) Crazy Clown (Miku+Kaito) Fear Garden (Rin,) Mono ward, (Rin/Len,)

Scared me and I can't watch again: Crazy woods (Miku, for some reason the pv gave me goosebumps, I think it was the texture of Miku's skin) Kagome Kagome, (gives me flashbacks of studying history about the units, Holocaust, when I seen Grave of the fireflies when I was eight years old)

If I find anythinge else with a simple Rin outfit I'll let you know. But Heart robot invasion, regular, Meltdown are the only ones I know off hand.

WAR IS LOVE. Rin. It's basically an alternative version of her normal outfit. Secret Police?

Posted Image
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#256 User is offline   OtakuChica 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 20 October 2011 - 01:35 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 19 October 2011 - 12:25 PM, said:

Ah it was only a suggestion >_< I was trying to help you out and not totally take over in an 'Here's the hero look out!' sort of way. I was trying to give you pvs that had Rin in them with her outfits off of the top of my head.

I do wish that more people cosplayed the twins. I think last year I seen two people do Len/Rin; everyone else was Miku/Kaito. I know I was Lat Miku myself, but I wanted to do PVs that haven't been done before, like Cowardly Mount Blanc, Hold release, and Lynne.

I personally seen most of the creepy Vocaloid videos and the ones in order:

Creeped me out: Story about a poor rabbit (Kaito) grotesque girl rotten romance (miku) Alice human (Kaito, Rin/Len, Meiko, Miku.)

Wth? LOL: Song for the great satan (Rin) Crazy Clown (Miku+Kaito) Fear Garden (Rin,) Mono ward, (Rin/Len,)

Scared me and I can't watch again: Crazy woods (Miku, for some reason the pv gave me goosebumps, I think it was the texture of Miku's skin) Kagome Kagome, (gives me flashbacks of studying history about the units, Holocaust, when I seen Grave of the fireflies when I was eight years old)

If I find anythinge else with a simple Rin outfit I'll let you know. But Heart robot invasion, regular, Meltdown are the only ones I know off hand.

WAR IS LOVE. Rin. It's basically an alternative version of her normal outfit. Secret Police?

Posted Image

That seems cool! But I think her normal outfit might do, Rin's not cosplayed too aften anyway. It's usually Miku or Luka for girls, and then usually Kaito of the guys.

I do love Meltdown, but the song. The outfit is pretty pimped out, but it's one of those outfits that seem that they'd just be....blluuhhh...in real life. Now that I think about it...Rin's pants in Robot Heart Invasion look a bit weird.

I really love her original outfit though. I love how it's not really a tank top yet it's sleeveless, and the shorts could just be a pair of black jean shorts if I wanted! That's kinda of what they look like in the concerts, anyway. If Rin cosplay was way more often I guess I might be desperate to find a less common version.

#257 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2011 - 06:29 PM

@OtakuChica: I know Vocal is popular, but I don't see many Vocaloids branch out, compared to Hetalia's BTT and FACE, so whatever is cool with you is cool.

Me? I'm doing Rolling girl to be cheap. I can't afford another Miku outfit.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#258 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17338
  • Location:Wanted in the Seireitei for impersonating Byakuya Kuchiki

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:41 AM

*sneaks back on here* Wow, it's been forever. I missed you guys.

Okay, so the list in my sig is definitely the final version. If anything DOES change after this point it'll most likely be the removal of Boogiepop due to possible time/budget constraints, but I really want to go for all four.

Also, the friend who wanted to be Unohana also changed her mind and decided to go as Rukia instead so we could be more of a 'family', which made me super happy. :happydance: (This is also fair warning that if you see a spazzed out Byakuya and Rukia running around, it'll probably be us.) In return, I agreed to make her Sode no Shirayuki, and like what I'm doing with my Senbonzakura, I'm making half the blade look like ice to mimic the third release, Shirafune. Then if she can manage it, she'll also be Ami so we can have a complete Puffy AmiYumi group. Woot!

Now it's simply a matter of finding materials and getting to work...
ACen 2014 Cosplay ("From the Spirit World"):
Fem!Ikkaku Madarame (Bleach) :: San (Princess Mononoke) :: Boogiepop/Touka Miyashita (Boogiepop Phantom)

#259 User is offline   Saikyo_Master 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 49931

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:11 PM

My cosplay decisions are in the signature. Going to be working more on my custom character than Asylum Joker. I think I have him pretty much nailed. Maybe a more psychotic look this year. I hope everyone's cosplays go well! Good luck you guys! :D

This post has been edited by Saikyo_Master: 02 November 2011 - 10:11 PM

Saikyo is the basis of every single martial art! They just don't know it yet...>.>!

ACen 2014 Cosplay

Genderbent Edward (Cowboy Bebop)

#260 User is offline   chainedbyroses 

• Special Needs Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 11017

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:06 PM

2012's Ocarina of Time Link. Just need to remake the tunic in better fabric, then find an ocarina (I'd make it but I've not the sculpting skills to sculpt a functioning, properly in-tune ocarina ww).

And possibly get ears if I can find a non-latex version. If not then my ears will conveniently be hiding under my hair, 'cause I'm not giving myself an allergic reaction just for the sake of accuracy.~
Special Needs/ADA Staff 2014 | Thurs-Sun @ DESCC Registration Hall
• 2014 cosplay • || Marvel/Cap2: Natasha (hoodie, jacket) || Supernatural: Meg 2.0; Dean

""Why is 6 afraid of 7?" .....Well, I would suppose it's because 7 is a prime number, and prime numbers can be intimidating..." - Castiel

#261 User is offline   OtakuChica 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:00 PM

View Postchainedbyroses, on 03 November 2011 - 07:06 PM, said:

2012's Ocarina of Time Link. Just need to remake the tunic in better fabric, then find an ocarina (I'd make it but I've not the sculpting skills to sculpt a functioning, properly in-tune ocarina ww).

And possibly get ears if I can find a non-latex version. If not then my ears will conveniently be hiding under my hair, 'cause I'm not giving myself an allergic reaction just for the sake of accuracy.~

That's so cool! I love Zelda! I'm getting the 3DS version of Ocarina of Time for Christmas. (My mom put it on lay-away right in front of me) Good luck finding ears!

I've actually been playing Phantom Hourglass a lot recently and been thinking of a possible Ciela. I just trying to decide if the main color should either be white, (like she is at first) blue (in official artwork) or yellow (like after she joins together with the other half o herself). I don't want to get confused as Navi.

#262 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:52 PM

View Postkuro_ketsurui, on 16 October 2011 - 08:50 PM, said:

I've officially gotten half of the stuff I needed for Cowboy Curtis. It's on!

Sweet! I can't wait man!

An update to those following, I will be going as PeeWee Herman as I mentioned early and will have a Globey, according to Kuro a Cowboy Curtis, and possibly another prop too!

Debating on a second cosplay, I'm thinking it's likely. Either Toad, Danny Phantom, or something else.Really thinking Danny Phantom though. :)
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#263 User is offline   Gwydion 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 9082

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:16 PM

Considering the people I'm going with pretty much have one anime in common, it's gonna be a Ranma-centric year (in my sig). But since Male Ranma and Ryoga would both be old costumes, I'm considering making Pantyhose Taro and dropping Ryoga.

For Sunday I may just go with something I've already got or maybe finish one of the two I have that are almost done - Alexander from King's Quest VI or Chris (remade OA uniform) from Scrapped Princess... but there are also new ones I'd like to do that I can never convince my friends to match, like Bossun (or Tsubaki or Roman...) from Sket Dance, Ryo, Wizardmon, or Baalmon from Digimon, or a Zelda character (the 25th anniversary has me hyped). I don't know how I'll ever choose... ;____;

This post has been edited by Gwydion: 07 November 2011 - 02:17 PM

#264 User is offline   Animuffin H 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 58578

Posted 14 November 2011 - 07:05 PM

For Saterday, I want to try being Flying Mint Bunny from Hetalia.
The cosplay is almost done, I just need some green pants and
some green shoes and I'll be good to go! ^_^

#265 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2011 - 12:04 AM

View PostAnimuffin H, on 14 November 2011 - 07:05 PM, said:

For Saterday, I want to try being Flying Mint Bunny from Hetalia.
The cosplay is almost done, I just need some green pants and
some green shoes and I'll be good to go! ^_^

Wait what?

I never seen this before ever

*Claps*
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#266 User is offline   Animuffin H 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 58578

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:56 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 15 November 2011 - 12:04 AM, said:

Wait what?

I never seen this before ever

*Claps*

Thank you! ^_^

#267 User is offline   Santa Finland 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 59766

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:42 PM

Children's Day Hungary (Hetalia)
Lolita Pikachu (Pokemon)
Applejack (MLP:FiM)
Alois (Black Butler)
ACen 2014 Cosplays:
flapper!fem!America (Hetalia - Original design)
maid!Nitori (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club)
Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan)
Lara Croft (Tomb Raider 2013)

#268 User is offline   Inkwell09 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:27 PM

My D. Gray Man group has completely fallen apart (mainly due to shrinking interest and lack of money to make all of the things we need).... :(
So instead of being Tyki...I am being Belarus from Hetalia. Still being Eridan Ampora from Homestuck as well. But it's just those two, I believe :)
--Rin (Free!)
--Mink (DMMD)

#269 User is offline   Yandere Emi 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 61049

Posted 01 December 2011 - 07:55 AM

Friday: Probably Rehash Chibitalia (Best Friend as Chibimano) and/or No Cosplay XD
Saturday: PMMM Madoka (Best Friend as Sayaka)
Sunday: Fate/Zero Irisviel (Best Friend as Suit Saber)

We always Cosplay matching XD It's more fun that way~
My Cosplay Blog (with Cellomanlove)

ACen 2014: Shindou Ai (Kyoukai no Kanata/Beyond the Boundary - Idol ver.), Irisviel von Einzbern (Fate/zero - coat version), Jakuzure Nonon (Kill la Kill)

ACen 2013: Hibari (Double H) & Caster/Extra
ACen 2012 : Kaname Madoka & Irisviel von Einzbern

#270 User is offline   urisco 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59553

Posted 04 December 2011 - 12:15 AM

I am most defiantly doing a kos-mos cosplay I don't care how much work it's going to take or how many sleep deprived nights I'll have to go through but i am getting this thing done before the convention xD.
Ashe - Final Fantasy 12
Kos-Mos - xenosaga

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users