• This topic is locked

Rosemont's Heroes! A salute to the great people of Rosemont

#1 User is offline   Stkbayfield 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 29662

Posted 23 May 2011 - 09:54 AM

So, the poor town always seems so lost and confused when we roll in every year and I have to admire their patience. The first year I went at Denny's our server was this young girl who seemed so terrified by the influx of business and mentioned that she was warned about this weekend in advance and never expected it to be this surreal and crazy.

My biggest hero this year is Lone Guy Working Subway. On River Road, next to the Denny's, there is a Subway which sells those wonderful $5 Foot Longs which give enough sustenance to be called an actual meal. On Thursday night my room of 4 people went to get dinner and only one man was working there, oblivious. By the time we left the restaurant there were 18 people who had come in. He patiently served us all, polite and kind about the entire thing, he even waived the 2 cents on my $12.02 when I pulled out $12 and asked my group if anyone had a dime or something.

The man was legend and I cannot stress this enough, he was ALONE. No other human being was working in that Subway and he served us all. What a legend.

#2 User is offline   Majin_Puar 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 51

Posted 23 May 2011 - 09:56 AM

You know deep down inside he was terrified when the place started getting full.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users