• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Groped and Offended

#1 User is offline   Flask 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 58503

Posted 23 May 2011 - 04:07 AM

I attended all three days of Acen, and I've noticed it's changed a LOT. This has been my third year going, and the people are far meaner, raunchier, and angrier. What I've especially noticed this year, is the rather large influx of people coming to Acen just to get drunk, and rave. Whilst standing in the line for the Soap Bubble, the guy in front of me stuck his hands down my pants and called me a very nice lady...not just in front of my boyfriend, but in front of an IRT who did nothing but send him to the back of the line. Not five minutes in, he came up and said 'hi' to me. I am NOT happy.

#2 User is offline   Divide 

• IRT Operative
  • Pip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 11336

Posted 23 May 2011 - 04:14 AM

Is this so? Thank you for bringing this up. I will direct this to my superiors and ask for a greater stressing of keeping an eye out for and HELPING victims of this kind of treatment.
Acen '07 - IRT newbie
Acen '08 - IRT Night Shift Operative
Acen '09 - IRT Mid Shift Operative (plus extended Saturday duty lol.)
Acen '10 - IRT Mid Shift Dispatch
Acen '11 - IRT Night Shift Dispatch
Acen '12 - IRT Night Shift Operative
Codename: Divide/Neg 1

#3 User is offline   Flask 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 58503

Posted 23 May 2011 - 04:26 AM

View PostDivide, on 23 May 2011 - 04:14 AM, said:

Is this so? Thank you for bringing this up. I will direct this to my superiors and ask for a greater stressing of keeping an eye out for and HELPING victims of this kind of treatment.

Thank you very much. (:

#4 User is offline   Shinamura 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 58903

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:46 AM

wow i just get drunk then pass out the walking while drunk thing never ends well for me.
"Whats the point of having boobs if I dont use them to my advantage?"

-a random conversation at acen 2010.

#5 User is offline   xxpixel8xx 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 58951

Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:03 AM

Yeah I know what you mean. My girlfriend had one chick approach her while we were standing in line for the hardcore synergy whom wrapped her arms around her and grabbed her butt then said about an inch from her face "Just to let you know I think your really screwing sexy".

#6 User is offline   evaunit01berserk 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 32255

Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:47 AM

For the op:
You don't call irt for this situation, you call the cops and file a report and have him arrested.
Need a room? We find rooms.
Throw in a request and we will scour the web

#7 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 18421

Posted 23 May 2011 - 11:05 AM

View Postevaunit01berserk, on 23 May 2011 - 10:47 AM, said:

For the op:
You don't call irt for this situation, you call the cops and file a report and have him arrested.

Yeah, that's sexual harassment. Didn't your boyfriend do anything about it? Hopefully he didn't just stand there.
Mighta been a time when I loved her too but you take that away, you always been the one.

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen
Fullmetal Alchemist - Greedling

#8 User is offline   Youkulm 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 7060

Posted 23 May 2011 - 11:18 AM

Yeah I know my fiancé would have had a bad confrontation if that happened. It would not have been pretty. I am so sorry to hear that happened.
Last.FM
ACen Attendee since 04'
ACen 2011 Pictures

#9 User is offline   Zilveari 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 60162

Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:23 PM

Unfortunately things like this are bound to happen as an event grows. A smaller convention has the advantage of having mostly local attendees. Many of which know each other from the other conventions in the area. As a convention grows, so does the anonymity, and the increased difficulty of seeing things happening around you.

Hopefully it won't happen again, but if it does then you should immediately get his badge name. Call the cops and file a report, and also report to con management. I hope that the cops could find him through registration records, and the con could ban the person,
#nipponsei on Rizon! I am t3h nipponsei troll. FEAR MEH!\

The MAL page that I never use xD
2011 ACen Registration Staff
2013 ACen ConOps
2014 ACen ConOps and complete ribbon promiscuous woman

You know you're an otaku when you see a young boy and girl playing in a playground, and your first thought is: "CHILDHOOD FRIEND FLAG!"... ™

#10 User is offline   darkened_one 

• IRT
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 1137

Posted 24 May 2011 - 02:00 AM

View PostFlask, on 23 May 2011 - 04:07 AM, said:

I attended all three days of Acen, and I've noticed it's changed a LOT. This has been my third year going, and the people are far meaner, raunchier, and angrier. What I've especially noticed this year, is the rather large influx of people coming to Acen just to get drunk, and rave. Whilst standing in the line for the Soap Bubble, the guy in front of me stuck his hands down my pants and called me a very nice lady...not just in front of my boyfriend, but in front of an IRT who did nothing but send him to the back of the line. Not five minutes in, he came up and said 'hi' to me. I am NOT happy.

If something like this happens to you flag down tell an IRT member and tell them what happened, I know for a fact no one on any level of staff (IRT or other) will stand for something like that (because if they did they wouldn't be on staff for every long). But you have to tell them, IRT members aren't perfect. We don't see everything, and it's possible he was doing something else less sever and the IRT op saw that and sent him to the back of the line for that. IRT is there to keep order and help you. I can tell you, if you come up to a IRT member with a issue they will help you or get a hold of someone else who can.
dark god of war, fire, death ... and kittens

I am a man of many names but you only need to know one ... I em the Darkie

members of the dark army
Sinfull_Zaraki, faithful_jello, kawaii_kitty, Oreo_Otaku

#11 User is offline   myrla 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 60134

Posted 24 May 2011 - 11:46 AM

Something I would like to add:

Hey guys? I'm 31. I've done the whole drinking thing (though not before I was 21). I'm prefacing the rest of my statements with this so you guys know where I'm coming from.

If you have friends that are coming to the con just to get drunk and go screw around? Suggest to them that this may not be the best venue for it and try to encourage them not to.

I'm not saying you need to babysit friends, because that's ridiculous - however, if there are people that you know that are kind of prone to.. acting out, or being really dumb when drunk? Don't buy alcohol, or just regulate.

I didn't drink at all during ACen and I had an absolute blast.

Alcohol is not necessary. ABSOLUTELY. NOT. NECESSARY.

A little consideration and respect for people goes a LONG way.

Also, it seems like this needs to be said: NEVER EVER EVER DRINK AND DRIVE. it is not worth killing yourself or friends or total strangers because you can't be responsible enough to grab a cab somewhere.

If people are under the influence, and someone is being harassed, grab staff, cops, IMMEDIATELY, and have them defuse the situation. It's perfectly fine to get official people to help, they are trained in this kind of thing.

This post has been edited by myrla: 24 May 2011 - 11:48 AM

ACen 2013: Panel denied. Not attending.

ACen 2012 Cosplay: Doctor Who: Tooth and Claw Rose (Friday) | Firefly: Inara (Saturday) | Lolita (Sunday)
Panelist: Final Fantasy MMORPG

ACen 2011 Cosplay:
Tooth and Claw Rose (Doctor Who) | Miwako (Paradise Kiss) | Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter)
Panelist: Final Fantasy MMORPG

#12 User is offline   davebb 

• EMRT
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 11282

Posted 24 May 2011 - 12:48 PM

Flask I sent you a PM regarding your topic here.
Medic 6 : ACen 2014 EMRT ConCenter Supervisor (serving since 2008)
Dave Bukowski -- NREMT-B
EMT-B / EMA
"ask not what ACen can do for you--ask what you can do for ACen"

#13 User is offline   Smokey 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6522

Posted 24 May 2011 - 04:07 PM

Actually, if someone is groping you, or taking any other liberties like that with your body, scream, yell, make as much noise as possible. Get the attention of every person around you. The perv will certainly stop if there are a couple of dozen people watching him, and chances are that some of them will help in apprehending the creep for the police.
The Special Needs & ADA Compliance Department is dedicated to making sure that nobody has to miss anything that ACen has to offer because of a physical challenge or medical condition.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Compliments? Complaints?

Visit us at http://acen.org/cont...-ada-compliance or send an email to adacompliance-dh@acen.org

Number of ACens attended: 15, Number of years on staff: 6, 2010 Staff MVP Award

#14 User is offline   GenericDreamers 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 586

Posted 25 May 2011 - 04:28 AM

Now I know people are getting too bloody drunk these days. I'm male and not the handsomest in the world, and some dude just walked up to me while i was in line, touching my wig, telling me how pretty it was, his face an inch away from mine, and not taking the dang hint. Jeez, now I know how you ladies feel.
ACEN 2011 PHOTOS
My personal site
My Deviantart
MySpace
Facebook

2010 Costumes
Ronove (Umineko) || Kamui Gackpo - Magnet ver. (Vocaloid) || Grave Robber (Repo!) || Brief (Panty & Stocking)

#15 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:30 PM

View Postmyrla, on 24 May 2011 - 11:46 AM, said:

Something I would like to add:

Hey guys? I'm 31. I've done the whole drinking thing (though not before I was 21). I'm prefacing the rest of my statements with this so you guys know where I'm coming from.

If you have friends that are coming to the con just to get drunk and go screw around? Suggest to them that this may not be the best venue for it and try to encourage them not to.

I'm not saying you need to babysit friends, because that's ridiculous - however, if there are people that you know that are kind of prone to.. acting out, or being really dumb when drunk? Don't buy alcohol, or just regulate.

I didn't drink at all during ACen and I had an absolute blast.

Alcohol is not necessary. ABSOLUTELY. NOT. NECESSARY.

A little consideration and respect for people goes a LONG way.

Also, it seems like this needs to be said: NEVER EVER EVER DRINK AND DRIVE. it is not worth killing yourself or friends or total strangers because you can't be responsible enough to grab a cab somewhere.

If people are under the influence, and someone is being harassed, grab staff, cops, IMMEDIATELY, and have them defuse the situation. It's perfectly fine to get official people to help, they are trained in this kind of thing.

This should be in the program guide.

Thanks for the info; I now know where to direct if I see some funny stuff like this. The most I seen was signs and random stuff but not any groping or anything bad like this...yet.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#16 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 13139

Posted 26 May 2011 - 09:51 AM

I know alcohol isn't necessary, but many people enjoy drinking, having room raves and such. it's been going on for awhile at ACEN. not fair to lump every one together.

although some do give the whole bunch a bad name...

i agree that driving drunk is very bad!

Now i also don't agree with being stupid while drunk, acting like a jerk, or molesting people, but many stupid people do those things while sober as well. heck alot of sober people at the con act like their drunk/high when their not.

This post has been edited by Kasin: 26 May 2011 - 09:56 AM

Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#17 User is offline   SJAkarma22 

• Akwardly Insane
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59852

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:04 AM

I just really wish people knew when enough is enough, there is no need to go past the point of tipsy find your limit and that is all you need to make it worth drinking anymore and you could potentially become rude (hence all the incidents this year...) I'm sorry that had to happen to you or anyone else this con...
As long as there is Trust, there is Betrayal
I will lay at your feet while you rule the world

CONLIST:
ANIME CENTRAL April 27-29 2012-ANIME DETOUR June 30 -July 1 2012

#18 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:27 PM

and apparently don't mix beer and hard liquid...makes for an upset belly <_<...>_>
Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#19 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2011 - 05:20 PM

View PostKasin, on 26 May 2011 - 09:51 AM, said:

I know alcohol isn't necessary, but many people enjoy drinking, having room raves and such. it's been going on for awhile at ACEN. not fair to lump every one together.

although some do give the whole bunch a bad name...

i agree that driving drunk is very bad!

Now i also don't agree with being stupid while drunk, acting like a jerk, or molesting people, but many stupid people do those things while sober as well. heck alot of sober people at the con act like their drunk/high when their not.

The only issue I have is underage drinking and people who can't handle their drink, they know it, and just don't care. I know a few.

I don't think they go to Acen per say but I haven't seen them in like.....three years or so? But I did tell them to cut that stuff out. They really made a mess in the bathroom one year that I was with them and I thought about kicking them out the bed to clean it up.

I heard about some girl who just made 17 and she was ahh....almost taken because she was drunk and just made a mess while her friends laughed and IRT shrugged. Someone from Registration suppose to taken her up to the room. Also some guy who was 19 was passed out in the washroom too.

*shrugs* But blah. These could be bloody rumors.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#20 User is offline   davebb 

• EMRT
  • PipPip

Posted 27 May 2011 - 01:23 AM

View PostKasin, on 26 May 2011 - 01:27 PM, said:

and apparently don't mix beer and hard liquid...makes for an upset belly <_<...>_>

And depending on how severe, usually a dispatch for EMRT to check you out. Sometimes then its an expensive trip in that big box truck with those cool lights on top to the hospital. :) Also involves waking up with some IV's stuck in you and a catheter stuck up somewhere we will not discuss :) This isn't EMRT but the hospital doing the fun stuff to you.

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 26 May 2011 - 05:20 PM, said:

The only issue I have is underage drinking and people who can't handle their drink, they know it, and just don't care. I know a few.

I don't think they go to Acen per say but I haven't seen them in like.....three years or so? But I did tell them to cut that stuff out. They really made a mess in the bathroom one year that I was with them and I thought about kicking them out the bed to clean it up.

I heard about some girl who just made 17 and she was ahh....almost taken because she was drunk and just made a mess while her friends laughed and IRT shrugged. Someone from Registration suppose to taken her up to the room. Also some guy who was 19 was passed out in the washroom too.

*shrugs* But blah. These could be bloody rumors.

Do they (17-) really care? I find its because they feel they have no responsibility for it. That is something the legislature should fix with giving stricter punishments for underage drinking.

If someone is underage and they are drunk, IRT should have reported it to local authorities. This is stated in the program guide that underage drinking will be reported and be held by Rosemont Public Safety. If she was really drunk and it was reported, EMRT should have taken a look at her (if it was true and reported to us). We are licensed EMTs and we view everyone's health to be important. If I had a minor I wouldn't release the minor until I had a signed consent from a legal guardian and if the parents were not there, I would also make sure to have contacted the parents/legal guardian before I have ANY release forms signed. This also is the same case of someone passed out in the washroom. As an EMT we are not supposed to abandon a patient in any case, until we get written consent, and then they also have to be in the right state of mind in order to legally sign that release. If you know a medic was present and there was abandonment PLEASE contact me on a PM (not publicly) or emtsteve via PM (probably best to CC both of us) on the forums here and give all the information possible and all the details. Avoid rumors, but if you do witness this, NOTIFY US. We do have vests just like IRT but are labelled EMRT instead. We also have velcro name tags. Same goes for IRT, if you see an IRT op who is on-duty (wearing a vest), make note of all those details (additional witnesses help, so have them stick around), and report them to the supervisor (you can find one at the IRT HQ), located on the map in the program. Also please do not spread rumors, if you SEE something that is not right, report it and report exactly as how you saw it and remember it.
-Dave / MEDIC 6
Dave Bukowski -- NREMT-B
EMT-B / EMA

#21 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:55 AM

true, some people can't handle it, and underage kids shouldn't drink at all.

I mean at my party, and other people who have parties on the forums here...we check ids, and marked hands.

under aged kids will get it some how though.

heck all the parties i saw get busted from my floor i heard were do to teens and pot..

also, i wasn't any were close to having an emt come for me...IDK where that came from. I guess it's widely known not to drink beer with hard liquor because it makes your stomach upset...I wasn't aware of it...oh well, i'll just stick to one or the other for now on.

#22 User is offline   davebb 

• EMRT
  • PipPip

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:24 PM

View PostKasin, on 27 May 2011 - 11:55 AM, said:

I mean at my party, and other people who have parties on the forums here...we check ids, and marked hands.

Excellent, you are a great example, now if everyone would follow along with something similar. I have an idea, just no time now to post it as I have to get ready to work at Irishfest, but its an idea for room parties and the people that run them and would like input from your point of view since you do have some good ideas. Kasin could you PM me to get back to you. It maybe after the weekend as this weekend I'm busy doing Irishfest security.
-Dave / Medic 6
Dave Bukowski -- NREMT-B
EMT-B / EMA

#23 User is offline   ExentricSage 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 976

Posted 28 May 2011 - 02:39 AM

I will say again what I have been saying for a long time... Acen's after hours parties/raves SHOULD NOT be 'all ages' anymore. I hear of too many unsavory things happening in those events. In fact, I noticed some other staff members were surprised it's still all ages when I brought it up in conversation at con.

Mug Paris

#24 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:14 PM

View PostExentricSage, on 28 May 2011 - 02:39 AM, said:

I will say again what I have been saying for a long time... Acen's after hours parties/raves SHOULD NOT be 'all ages' anymore. I hear of too many unsavory things happening in those events. In fact, I noticed some other staff members were surprised it's still all ages when I brought it up in conversation at con.

Gotta agree, maybe split the raves into two, one that runs from time a to time b for 17 and younger and one that runs from time c to time d for 18 and older. It can be the same rave, just that after a certain time the younger set has to leave and can't come back in.
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#25 User is offline   Kokoro 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 19175

Posted 29 May 2011 - 11:59 AM

View PostDark Spellmaster, on 28 May 2011 - 10:14 PM, said:

Gotta agree, maybe split the raves into two, one that runs from time a to time b for 17 and younger and one that runs from time c to time d for 18 and older. It can be the same rave, just that after a certain time the younger set has to leave and can't come back in.

I agree with this idea 100%. But then again, IRT didn't seem to wanna deal with IDs when I went to a 16 and up (or maybe 18? Don't remember) panel. A girl shouted at everyone to have their IDs ready, and then she was totally paying ZERO attention when people started entering the room, holding up their IDs for inspection. A group of 3 guys in front of us who had left their IDs in their hotel room (and looked like they could be borderline 15-16 - they weren't OBVIOUSLY of age) had no problem strolling in without ID. She was totally zoning out and just gazing around the hallway when she was supposed to be checking the IDs. People could have had a discount card for Barnes and Noble masquerading as their ID and she wouldn't have noticed. Whatever...
Rawr. ♥

#26 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 May 2011 - 01:54 PM

View PostKokoro, on 29 May 2011 - 11:59 AM, said:

I agree with this idea 100%. But then again, IRT didn't seem to wanna deal with IDs when I went to a 16 and up (or maybe 18? Don't remember) panel. A girl shouted at everyone to have their IDs ready, and then she was totally paying ZERO attention when people started entering the room, holding up their IDs for inspection. A group of 3 guys in front of us who had left their IDs in their hotel room (and looked like they could be borderline 15-16 - they weren't OBVIOUSLY of age) had no problem strolling in without ID. She was totally zoning out and just gazing around the hallway when she was supposed to be checking the IDs. People could have had a discount card for Barnes and Noble masquerading as their ID and she wouldn't have noticed. Whatever...

This could be a staff issue thing. When I went to the 18+ Hetalia panel I had to run back to my hotel and get my ID before I came back so I didn't have this issue.

Did you tell someone in IRT about this one girl?
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#27 User is offline   Kokoro 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 29 May 2011 - 02:52 PM

Well, 1 out of 2 IRT members I ran into had some MAJOR issues. They messed every single line up, had no idea what was going on or what the rules for an event were, and had no interest in assisting people or helping them get questions answered. I wasn't about to get out of line and search for another IRT member because chances are they wouldn't have really cared either. And I had been in line for an hour for this panel. I wasn't budging. Hate to sound mean but 90% of my interactions with IRT were migraine inducing. I suppose I could have gone after an IRT member afterward, but I didn't catch the girl's name, so I knew it would be pointless. I approached IRT two times throughout the weekend about misinformation I had been given about a line, etc, complaining that I had been following another IRT person's instructions and now I was totally getting screwed over, and IRT didn't care AT ALL, period, and in one case didn't seem to believe me. Because in both cases I didn't remember/ask for the name of the IRT person I had originally talked to, I was totally out of luck, apparently. One IRT girl asked me, "well, what were they wearing?" And I said, "a vest just like your's." She made this snorting noise and said, "well, it's only a vest." What exactly is that supposed to mean? That he wasn't real IRT? Or that the vest doesn't mean they should know what the heck they're doing, or be able to give you correct information? Ugh. Such a mess.
Rawr. ♥

#28 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 May 2011 - 03:04 PM

View PostKokoro, on 29 May 2011 - 02:52 PM, said:

Yoink

Next time try to remember their name on the vest. There is usually a nick name or their real name on all the IRT vest guys and girls. If you have any more major problems tell the head of IRT or any staff member. If they give you issues keep on going up the corporation latter until someone helps you.

I had similar problems with IRT this year that I haven't had in the previous years, but the problem was I have a bad short term memory so I could not recall all three guys who gave me problems in the Hetalia anime productions autograph signing in order to report them in, just what they look like. Even with that it's not enough to help unless you know a name.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#29 User is offline   Kokoro 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 29 May 2011 - 03:10 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 29 May 2011 - 03:04 PM, said:

Next time try to remember their name on the vest. There is usually a nick name or their real name on all the IRT vest guys and girls. If you have any more major problems tell the head of IRT or any staff member. If they give you issues keep on going up the corporation latter until someone helps you.

I had similar problems with IRT this year that I haven't had in the previous years, but the problem was I have a bad short term memory so I could not recall all three guys who gave me problems in the Hetalia anime productions autograph signing in order to report them in, just what they look like. Even with that it's not enough to help unless you know a name.

I wish I had known going into this that IRT won't lift a finger to help you if you don't have the name(s) of the IRT person who fed you bogus information, acted improperly, etc. I would have written down the name of every IRT person I ran into. <_< Oh well. Now I know for next year, if I want to go. I hate having to make a fuss, but dang IRT, you really messed things.

OH WELL. Nothing to do about it now.
Rawr. ♥

#30 User is offline   tatsumakichan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 17729

Posted 29 May 2011 - 03:12 PM

View PostDark Spellmaster, on 28 May 2011 - 10:14 PM, said:

I agree. Or maybe 2 different raves in 2 different locations. One rave can be held in a different hotel to avoid congestion and human traffic. The 17- one should be held earlier and end earlier while the 18+ one can be the soapbubble. It is harder to kick people out if they are intermingled with everyone else.

In anime Iowa, they give attendees different badges depending on their age (one for 17-, one for 18-20, and one for 21+). It was as simple as changing the colors of the badges but it was easier to check than having everyone bring their IDs (though IDs are a good validation in case a minor lied or stole/switch their badges).
Cosplay 2011: X23 (MvC3), Female!Japan (APH)

Blog: http://jenniferkwanart.blogspot.com/
Deviantart: Art Account and Photo/cosplay Account

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users