Anime Central Forums: SOAPBUBBLE 2011 SUGGESTIONS AND DISSCUSION THREAD - Anime Central Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

SOAPBUBBLE 2011 SUGGESTIONS AND DISSCUSION THREAD POST ALL SUGGESTIONS AND GRIPES HERE

#61 User is offline   DJ Jeffito 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 5555

Posted 01 June 2011 - 10:06 AM

View Postkeiichi969, on 01 June 2011 - 09:18 AM, said:

Ok, so that's two down. I have DJ Amaya's from youtube as well.

But again, this info is scattered. I'm talking like a Soapbubble recap. Not every attendee is familiar with every DJ that was there, and offering this info could help expand the interest in these artists.

"Oh gee, I really liked the 4th song that DJ Amaya played, I wonder what its called."

or

"I really liked the DJ that was playing when I came in, but I don't know who it was, but they were right before DJ Maru."
(actually, this is covered in another thead, but its on page 4.)

Right now there's just not a central place for all of this info.

Yeah I agree with you man. I think ACEN should put up bio, info, and links and make the SB more of a big deal. I mean it IS. People come to ACEN just to go to the SB.

And when all is said and done, ACEN should put on their frontpage a recap, along with links and what not, just like you suggested. I mean the focal point doesn't have to be strictly on the SB but there should be somewhere where all the info is centralized (like you said) so ya totally agree with you bro.
Facebook Page | SoundCloud | Anime Convention DJs Facebook Group | WeebCast

Dance Coordinator
: Anime Apocalypse 2013; Anime Crossroads 2015; Anime Milwaukee 2012, 2014, 2015; Anime World Chicago 2011, 2012; Anime World Indianapolis 2012; Kollision Con 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013; Shuto Con 2014
Game Room Staff: Anime Central 2002, 2003; Anime Milwaukee 2013
Misc Staff: Anime Reactor 2003, 2006, 2007
Guest DJ: 30+ conventions, including Anime Central, Anime Expo, and Sakura-Con (Full list on my Facebook page)

#62 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 1441

Posted 01 June 2011 - 01:31 PM

heres the link to dj mark jandes dubstep mix from the soapbubble
http://soundcloud.co...-acen-21may2011
Allen Castillo

#63 User is offline   djmaru 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 4487

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:25 AM

Oh man, that pony...

Huh? Oh yea, track list. My set went like this:
1. The Qemists - Stompbox
2. Rage v. Anon - Killing in the Name Of
3. Capleton - Duppy Man
4. London Elektricity - The Strangest Secret
5. Styles of Beyond - Subculture (Upbeats RMX)
6. L.A.O.S. - Panda Style
7. Xample - Contra feat. Lomax
8. Evol Intent, The Upbeats, Ewun - Smash
9. Gridlock, Origin - Snap the Whip
10. Bad Company - Seizure
11. MASTERLINKX - Cupcakes Around the World feat. Pinkie Pie

I'll have the studio mix finished soon, and I'll post that as well.

#64 User is offline   JackR 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 18774

Posted 11 June 2011 - 10:51 PM

We waited in line for about 90 minutes this year, which isn't bad. Compared to last year, the line was a lot shorter, but also moved slower - it was nearly twice as long when we joined the line last year, but we were in in less than an hour. Compared to 2 years ago, it was a godsend - just as long of a line, but it took 3 hours to get in 2 years ago.

We made it in just in time for DJ Amaya's set, and it was amazing. Totally had me pumped and feeling like I could dance until the sun came up.

Unfortunately, the DJ that followed just didn't cut it. The energy from Amaya's set was just gone, the beats were slow (save for the occasional 30-second burst that would only fizzle out), and within 15 minutes I went from "I can dance all night" to "I don't even want to be here anymore."

So, I guess I can't really comment on the 3am killtime. I was all psyched to hold out until the very end, but my whole group left long before then, among the waves of what seemed to be hundreds of people flocking out the doors after Amaya was done.

#65 User is offline   Keans 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 57580

Posted 12 June 2011 - 12:00 AM

Hmmm... It was my first time going into the Soap Bubble and I had read about the SP lines. I actually have no complains because the line never stopped moving for more than a few seconds. Im POSTIVE I was in the line for less than an hour, maybe half? I got in line sometime after 8, probably around 9. I was there for like 2 hours and manage to leave just in time for the Bioshock Photoshoot at 11pm.

I think a lot of people are just used to going to clubs late or just keep waiting for the line to go down (which honestly it never will or did) and then you had a overflow of people trying to get in line at last minute.

Oh another note, was up with all this talk about true Ravers, poser and people just going into ACen for the Rave?
IMO If your a Raver, not an anime or vidoe games fan and you get a badge just so you can get into the SB, your in the wrong place. I mean, Chicago is such a big city and there are so many parties and raves going on why would you want to crash what little parties we geeks have? After all isnt the Soap Bubble a party for ACen con goers, I think it should cater to audience ACen does, Geeks. =)

I particuarlry enjoyed that Zelda theme remix the DJ trew in while I was there, just because I love Zelda.

Was there any Chiptunes played at Soap Bubble? I would love to here at least a set next year.
ACEN 2012:
Big O! - Roger Smith
Fairy Tail - Gajeel

ACEN 2013 - Gene Starwin(Outlaw Star)
Go check my FB Album and give me suggestions!!!
[/size]Facebook DeviantArt

#66 User is offline   keiichi969 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 49954

Posted 12 June 2011 - 08:37 AM

No chiptunes at the bubble that I remember, but BSK did Hardcore Synergy. now that was awesome.... till his batteries died.

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users