• This topic is locked

Tornado in Missouri

#1 User is offline   Tiamat97 

• Mr. Insanity
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 17897

Posted 22 May 2011 - 07:03 PM

So we were watching TV and my dad came out from his room and said a tornado just about wiped a few towns off the map in Missouri. Its all over the news already and heres an article thats also being constantly updated. http://www.dailykos....osion-Updatedx3

Whats worse is that the Hospital may explode
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1107...mp;id=586119408
My internship

Belongs in Damn Thread, if found please return to Kii
Spam Squad Member spam kill count:29 , Troll Hunter troll kill count: 1

#2 User is offline   Fudgi P0pZ 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 9430

Posted 22 May 2011 - 07:26 PM

View PostTiamat97, on 22 May 2011 - 07:03 PM, said:

So we were watching TV and my dad came out from his room and said a tornado just about wiped a few towns off the map in Missouri. Its all over the news already and heres an article thats also being constantly updated. http://www.dailykos....osion-Updatedx3

Whats worse is that the Hospital may explode

I am so sorry to hear this unfortunate news. I can't imagine what those poor people are going through. This year has been insanely active weather-wise... or shall I say, natural disaster-wise? There's just so much going on.

A little closer to home (ACen location wise), when my sister and I were a few minutes outside Kankakee on I-57, we saw a funnel forming in the clouds. It never touched the ground and it disappeared after a few minutes, but it was still sobering to see. I'm thankful that we didn't have the same thing up here, but at the same time, it's so sad when others aren't as fortunate.
..::..2014 Cosplay Goals..::..
.: Aisha ClanClan:.

Keeping it light this year! :)

Thanks Neskaya for the lovely avatar.

#3 User is offline   Tiamat97 

• Mr. Insanity
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17897

Posted 22 May 2011 - 07:43 PM

yeah, now they may have been wrong on judgement day, but maybe the end is still coming soon
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1107...mp;id=586119408
My internship

Belongs in Damn Thread, if found please return to Kii
Spam Squad Member spam kill count:29 , Troll Hunter troll kill count: 1

#4 User is offline   Ketsueki Raven 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 11782

Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:15 AM

View PostFudgi P0pZ, on 22 May 2011 - 07:26 PM, said:

I am so sorry to hear this unfortunate news. I can't imagine what those poor people are going through. This year has been insanely active weather-wise... or shall I say, natural disaster-wise? There's just so much going on.

A little closer to home (ACen location wise), when my sister and I were a few minutes outside Kankakee on I-57, we saw a funnel forming in the clouds. It never touched the ground and it disappeared after a few minutes, but it was still sobering to see. I'm thankful that we didn't have the same thing up here, but at the same time, it's so sad when others aren't as fortunate.

I'm from Kankakee! And I was getting calls from people from there telling me I should stay at Acen for another hour to be save.

Anyone see what HAD to be a funnel going over Acen? We were in our cars leaving the Embassy for home. Two girls in cosplay were standing outside near no shelter when the hail/rain/wind started. I felt so bad. We just pulled into the next hotel over and got under that roof thing they have for cars checking in.

Delta Phi Lambda Sorority, Inc.
#45 Airyn from ISU's Terrific Three Nu Class SPR '10

"If it looks like I'm fading, light a torch for me."
@ketsueki_raven

#5 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 23 May 2011 - 01:20 PM

Weather was pretty nutty yesterday for sure. Left Chicago early enough to miss the storms, got past Indianapolis and missed that storm and got to Columbus just as the storm had passed to the east of the city. Finish all that up with a double rainbow.

#6 User is offline   skyrune83 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 29775

Posted 24 May 2011 - 01:02 PM

Wow, that's scary stuff! I've actually visited Joplin a couple times - it's a really nice place - but wow, an old fashioned Rt 66 Drive-in theater and an amazing pizza pub I went to are right in that main path of that storm. If I go back, the place might be completely different...
www.astroth.com
www.ironpawn.com

You may know me as:
Dave Strider: Homestuck
Red Mage: Final Fantasy
Matsushita: Angel Beats
Lil' Slugger (Shounen Bat): Paranoia Agent
J.P. (Junpei): Digimon Frontier

#7 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 24 May 2011 - 01:25 PM

I was worried that something happened to my family since my family was in the area of the last tornado that was at the airport (my grandparents live a few minutes away from the airport), but they seem to be safe. My mom hasn't said anything to me so I'm assuming they are ok. When I saw that Joplin was on the border of Kansas and Missouri, I got worried because I have a cousin who lives in Kansas City, but that's north of Joplin. I'm praying that they are safe.
ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#8 User is offline   Darko 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 18698

Posted 24 May 2011 - 01:27 PM

sh!t....im freakiin out
my freind lives up there and i havent heard from him since. and cant get a hold of him
<__>
>_<

ugh!
i hope hes ok

he was supposed to come back from school to his home back here but...i dunno UGH
Acen2014 - Creator Viktor - League of Legends
ACen 2013- Artorias the abysswalker -Darksouls
Apocalypse year ACen 2012-DEADMAU5 RAINBOSS- CustomLED Helmet

Questions about props?Email me . Details on my profile

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users