Anime Central Forums: i applied at my dad's store and they really are hiring... - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

i applied at my dad's store and they really are hiring... he's one of 3 MODs there

#1 User is offline   ZomgBlue 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 29826

Posted 18 May 2011 - 02:23 PM

I applied at 4 different locations of the same company and i called back 2 of the 4 today and the other 2 will be called tomorrow. I just applied at my dad's store to look productive to my mother, not to like get a job there. Well I called today and they took my info and they are hiring, I guess this one nincompoop my dad was talking about today with me (to explain how important it is to give a crap) is in fact being replaced. I would love a job there and in no way expect special treatment from my dad, but he is a manager and would be my manager at times. Also carpooling would save our family money! But really never expected that they would want to hire and doh!

Do you think they would let me in if I promised to not expect special treatment? I have 7 years experience in retail as it is (more than my father). I have been awarded for my skills at past jobs, just I fear him being a manager is a screw over. This is the first store that has has a legit opening in the past 7 months of me turning in resumes and applications!

What do companies do these days? Skilled workers or losers? I'm excited but annoyed with myself...
the one the only princess neon plaid mix'n'match confusion of colour

#2 User is offline   Fullmetalcrusade 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 2749

Posted 18 May 2011 - 02:36 PM

Some companies don't allow family to be hired for this very reason. I say its best to check company policy to find out because if they don't allow it, even if he wouldn't give you special treatment, it'd be a moot point

View PostFlyingElf, on Apr 21 2007, 10:26 PM, said:

Reactor doesnt' count as a con. Reactor is an experiment in how bad a group of otaku can destroy a hotel given 3 days...

#3 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:40 PM

Double check; sometimes they hire you if you know connections, friends or family wise.

But some people are bias and don't hire just because of this too.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#4 User is offline   The Ghost of Acen 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 29810

Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:42 PM

At the store I worked at, you had to be in different departments, so you wouldn't get special treatment
See me you may,
See me you not.
But see me you wont,
If you don't stalk my spot.

#5 User is offline   ZomgBlue 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 29826

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:37 PM

Dad works tomorrow and will see if the store manager would recommend me to the next closest store due to the relationship issue. As the store is too small for a different department :( Sigh, I have worked with family before in the same store but as soon as one of us was close to being moved up one of us luckily quit. The only other option was a store transfer.

Tomorrow I donate plasma, I do this till a job sans parent shows up :( waaa...
the one the only princess neon plaid mix'n'match confusion of colour

#6 User is offline   wrexness 

• Forum Abacus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7901

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:28 PM

View PostThe Ghost of Acen, on 18 May 2011 - 05:42 PM, said:

At the store I worked at, you had to be in different departments, so you wouldn't get special treatment

It was like that way in my previous office too. One guy's dad took over as the supervisor for our section, so he had to get moved out. It mostly comes down to company policy, but most places want to discourage even the appearance of propriety (even if none would actually occur) so they try to keep relatives separate.
2012 Cosplay Plans - Fujiwara no Mokou (Touhou)
Visit my MAL and let me know you're from the forums~

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users