• This topic is locked

Last minute table questions For dressing our tables

#1 User is offline   KurolokiRoku 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 1211

Posted 17 May 2011 - 02:10 PM

How thick are the tables? Does anyone know? Are we allowed or able to pin the underside?

My tablecloth is too short to drape over my table and still look good, so I wanted to clamp the sides or pin it underneath. If anyone could answer these questions or offer some alternative advice, that would be super awesome. :thumbup:
kuroloki.deviantart.com
www.rokulie.com
Please come visit studio RoKuliƩ in the artist alley!

#2 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053

Posted 17 May 2011 - 02:24 PM

View PostKurolokiRoku, on 17 May 2011 - 02:10 PM, said:

How thick are the tables? Does anyone know? Are we allowed or able to pin the underside?

My tablecloth is too short to drape over my table and still look good, so I wanted to clamp the sides or pin it underneath. If anyone could answer these questions or offer some alternative advice, that would be super awesome. :thumbup:

Tables are 2x8, and you can affix it how ever you want, so long as you are able to get it off without damaging anything.
Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, & 14
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#3 User is offline   obakasan 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 2555

Posted 17 May 2011 - 02:25 PM

The tables are "wood" according to the information I have and my memory of last year. Trying to "pin" to it may be near impossible as IIR they were pretty hard/dense. And I'm not sure how well the Convention Center would take to someone doing "damage" to their stuff. I'd suggest something like "painters" tape (the blue stuff) to secure it (less likely to cause damage over something nasty like duct tape), or some tablecloth clips or clamps might work. Check at the ES booth and see if we have any other answers when you get to the con. (Clips, clamps, etc are not provided by us or the con center. You need to bring your own. I've seen tablecloth clips and clamps at dollar stores.)

I think the table tops are about 3/4" to 1" thick.

This post has been edited by obakasan: 17 May 2011 - 02:27 PM

This space intentionally left blank.

#4 User is offline   KurolokiRoku 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 1211

Posted 17 May 2011 - 03:33 PM

Thanks so much! That's exactly what I needed to know!
kuroloki.deviantart.com
www.rokulie.com
Please come visit studio RoKuliƩ in the artist alley!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users