• This topic is locked

Sciatica.......Yeah.Thanks body.

#1 User is offline   Caikirai 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 59376

Posted 16 May 2011 - 04:55 PM

Well, this past weekend my sciatic nerve started acting up again. And it lasted longer then it normally does.....Of course, right before acen. And there is a chance it might still be hurting during acen.
So basically my whole right thigh feels like I majorly pulled a muscle.....It's a little better today, though.

Also I still have a bit of a cold....For nearly three weeks now.

Not to mention the female curse should be arriving any day now.

So..Much...Stress....

So topic is......Stress and health stuff popping up right before acen.This year and past years.

#2 Guest_SongstressLenne_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 16 May 2011 - 05:19 PM

I feel for you. I suffered from sciatica for six months. I finally no longer have it due to a successful back surgery.

Make sure you throughly stretch before moving around after sitting down or laying down for extended periods of time. You most likely know all the fun medical tricks from doctors but if you need some tips let me know.

My back was fun to deal with, I'll have a fun scar to show others once it is fully healed. I'm also having a lot of eating issues from the surgery. I can only eat one solid meal a day. I will be going to the doctor next week to get that square away.

Health issues are no fun, especially when they interrupting parts of your life that bring you joy. Just keep surrounding yourself with people that are your support system and work with doctors to bring you back to fully functioning lifestyle.

Remember keep faith as well it will get better. :thumbup:

This post has been edited by SongstressLenne: 16 May 2011 - 05:21 PM

#3 User is offline   Caikirai 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 16 May 2011 - 05:29 PM

I think my sciatica is self inflicted.....From years of bad posture.. v-v
Both my parents have it..So they taught me some tricks.
I normally only suffer from it after sitting in certain positions for extended amounts of time. Friday my school had a tornado warning, and we were kneeling hunched over on hard floors.....After that I felt it worse then ever. Normally it's just that pinched/sharp feeling in the one spot, and goes away after awhile...
I keep putting the heating pad on it,and I take meds every so often. And I stretch nearly every time I get up.

And I wish you luck with your problems as well!

#4 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 16 May 2011 - 06:00 PM

Did you go to a doctor for a cold to make sure it's not nothing else?

Usually anything longer for two weeks isn't good.

But I hope things work out for you though and you feel better. Everyone has been stressed out for the past years lately X(
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#5 User is offline   Amazing_Joe 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 5443

Posted 16 May 2011 - 06:21 PM

I developed a cyst 2 days ago...............acen is this weekend..........FML
"There is a pleasure in being mad, which none but madmen know" - Dryden

#6 User is offline   SupremeKai 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 58

Posted 16 May 2011 - 06:32 PM

Got food poising on Sat night and still dealing with the after affects hopefully it wont still be but not so sure also my knee is swollen to about twice its size maybe be do to me falling while trying to run to the bathroom on Sun morning
If you ever get lost in the forest, screw it build a house, now you have severely improved your predictimet

#7 User is offline   Rukariou 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 59353

Posted 16 May 2011 - 06:51 PM

Your cold is probably hanging around from the stress. Prolonged stress causes your immune system to weaken or make it shut down. I know with nerve problems it's not easy exercising sometimes, but try and make sure you get a full night's sleep every night until Acen. Sleep really helps your immune system fight those icky things.

/totally just got done watching an immue system documentary on PBS. I swear I'm not a loser.
2012 cosplays; Katherine McBride [ Catherine ] | Rachel Alucard [ Blazblue ]
2012 CONS; Anime Detour | Anime Central | Otakon
Currently watching; . . . | Currently playing; Catherine
PSN ID: Rukariou - hit me up if you wanna play some Little Big Planet or kick my butt at Blazblue!

"In the name of the big white thingy in the sky, Tao will punish you!" - Taokaka, Blazblue Continuum Shift

#8 User is offline   Steam_Loli216 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 59481

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:41 PM

keep the faith, town-neighbor!

Chicken soup is a proven anti-sickness. I am a licensed doctor so I know this and am not making it up.
User is stationed in Southern California

It's a girl! Skylar Marie, born February 8th, 2013 :) Proud mama and wife and sailor

~~Dream Cosplays: -- Fai D. Flourite (Tsubasa) -- Dr. Jezebel Disraeli (Godchild) -- Seth Nightroad and Lady Asran (Trinity Blood) -- Lettuce (Tokyo Mew Mew) -- Misha (Pita Ten) -- Starfire (Teen Titans)~~

#9 User is offline   Caikirai 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:59 PM

About the chicken soup comment................I'm a vegetarian. ;=;

#10 User is offline   Steam_Loli216 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 59481

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:41 PM

By chicken, I mean vegetables! :DDD
User is stationed in Southern California

It's a girl! Skylar Marie, born February 8th, 2013 :) Proud mama and wife and sailor

~~Dream Cosplays: -- Fai D. Flourite (Tsubasa) -- Dr. Jezebel Disraeli (Godchild) -- Seth Nightroad and Lady Asran (Trinity Blood) -- Lettuce (Tokyo Mew Mew) -- Misha (Pita Ten) -- Starfire (Teen Titans)~~

#11 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 49272

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:36 PM

View PostSteam_Loli216, on 16 May 2011 - 09:41 PM, said:

By chicken, I mean vegetables! :DDD

Fool! The chicken gives it it's powers. Vegetable soup does nothing.
Currently watching: People make fools of themselves
Currently reading: Text on a screen
Currently playing: Mind games

This is a turkey ---> o3o

#12 User is offline   HiroEcks 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 59556

Posted 17 May 2011 - 01:20 AM

I recently got a bad case of don't-give-a-crap at work for the past week or so. I think it's only going to get worse until I get to the con. It should subside to just a mild case afterwards. Though not anywhere nearly as rough as sciatica I must admit. I hope it gets better for you and you won't have to miss out on the fun this weekend.
My friends call me HADOUKEN because I'm down (▼) right (►) FIERCE!
Get it??

Thursday Late Night Meet n' Greet v3

♫ HiroEcks sings? ♫
♫ and does covers? ♫

#13 User is offline   sammy-45 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 42

Posted 17 May 2011 - 11:48 AM

Try a good chiropractor. You know that they are good if they take x-rays before they recommend any kind of treatment. I love my chiropractor, and go to Chiro One, they have sites all over the city and suburbs. They also offer a free evaluation, if you get a recommendation to go there by someone else who is already a going.

As for the cold, take some extra vitamins, from now till about a week after con. It will help get rid of your cold, and help keep you from picking up anything else while at the con!!
Staff from 2003 to 2010. Currently Retired.

Blessed are the cracked:
for it is they who let in the light!

Go Cubs!!!!GO BEARS!!!!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users