• This topic is locked

Can I bring this gun?

#1 User is offline   Doggeh 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 2403

Posted 14 May 2011 - 04:29 PM

I know its probably a long shot since its kinda realistic looking but I figured I'd ask anyway, but does this gun pass?

If its not allowed would I be able to paint a section of it white or a light grey/silver?

Thanks in advance =D

Edit: I'd also be open to the idea of paint this gun a blue-ish color (I have spare blue and black paint laying around that I'd wanna mix together for a dark blue). No worries if the answer is no, the gun is just an old toy from a Halloween costume, so I didn't already blow my money on this or anything. Just thought it'd go well with my last minute Jayne Cobb (Firefly) cosplay.

This post has been edited by Doggeh: 14 May 2011 - 07:02 PM

Visit my devart, if you dare.

ACen 2013 Cosplays:
Dean Winchester - Supernatural
Jack Frost - Rise of the Guardians

http://www.neopets.c...name=wolfdog173

#2 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 14 May 2011 - 05:11 PM

It might be too real. I think you may have to find another weapon that is similar to the one you have but it cant be too realistic. Im not on IRT but I think that is one of the weapons rules.
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#3 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 14 May 2011 - 09:30 PM

That is a great Jayne gun (yay for cosplaying the hero of Canton! kudos!) but alas, it's WAY too realistic as is. The rule of thumb is, could a Rosemont officer tell it's fake from a distance? Dark blue might still look black from a distance but perhaps a lighter color?
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?
Chicago TARDIS 2014: (tentative) Fourth Doctor, Ace

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#4 User is offline   Leech 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 57331

Posted 14 May 2011 - 09:47 PM

That doesn't look real at all to me.. i thought as long as there was an orange tip its fine, but that is just what i heard.

#5 User is offline   Doggeh 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 15 May 2011 - 01:59 AM

View PostKnitChick, on 14 May 2011 - 09:30 PM, said:

That is a great Jayne gun (yay for cosplaying the hero of Canton! kudos!) but alas, it's WAY too realistic as is. The rule of thumb is, could a Rosemont officer tell it's fake from a distance? Dark blue might still look black from a distance but perhaps a lighter color?

Yeaaaaahhhhh I thought it looked realistic ^^;; Darn Wal-Mart and their cheap realistic weaponry.

I actually got bored and painted it anyway. Its like a light-dark blue....if that makes any sense. Am I even ALLOWED to paint it like that? XD

How about now? I could go lighter if it'll be allowed.

ACen 2013 Cosplays:

#6 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 15 May 2011 - 02:16 AM

Oooh, nice job! I like how that turned out. I'm not IRT, so I'll PM someone for a final ruling, but that looks a lot better to me. (and either way, stop by Special Needs so I can see your Jayne costume!)
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?
Chicago TARDIS 2014: (tentative) Fourth Doctor, Ace

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#7 User is offline   Doggeh 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:59 AM

View PostKnitChick, on 15 May 2011 - 02:16 AM, said:

Oooh, nice job! I like how that turned out. I'm not IRT, so I'll PM someone for a final ruling, but that looks a lot better to me. (and either way, stop by Special Needs so I can see your Jayne costume!)

Thanks so much! Appreciate the help *crossing fingers IRT gives this a thumbs up*. (and I'll try to stop by, I'll bring my Zoe and Wash too :3)

ACen 2013 Cosplays:

#8 User is offline   TheRabbi 

• IRT ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 591

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:08 AM

Hmm... That's really borderline, but I'm inclined to think it's fine.

To be safe, you may want to stop by the prop check table, but if they hem and haw, ask them to call Rabbi and I'll come over and check it out, being already familiar with the prop.
Eli "Rabbi" Morris-Heft: IRT Assistant Department Head
SecDiv Dispatch 2004, IRT Communications ADH 2005-06, IRT Dispatch Supervisor 2007-2010, IRT Dispatch Commander 2011, IRT ADH 2012-, IT Senior Sysadmin 2007-2011, ACen Clergy, 2004-

"Two-three the count with nobody on / He hit a high fly into the stands / Roundin' third, he was headed for home / It was a brown-eyed handsome man (that won the game) / It was a brown-eyed handsome man." (Brown-Eyed Handsome Man by Chuck Berry)

I <3 People Who <3 IRT!Want to help make IRT even better? Apply next year!

#9 User is offline   Doggeh 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 16 May 2011 - 02:58 PM

View PostTheRabbi, on 16 May 2011 - 11:08 AM, said:

Hmm... That's really borderline, but I'm inclined to think it's fine.

To be safe, you may want to stop by the prop check table, but if they hem and haw, ask them to call Rabbi and I'll come over and check it out, being already familiar with the prop.

Oh of course! I planned on getting it checked reguardless. I think I'll paint it a shade lighter anyway, just in case.

Thanks for all the help and input everyone! I really appreciate it ^^

ACen 2013 Cosplays:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users