Anime Central Forums: Any Dragon Age Origins and Dragon Age II Gamers out there? - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Any Dragon Age Origins and Dragon Age II Gamers out there? Discuss Dragon Age :D

#1 User is offline   XxRainyDayzexX 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 57630

Posted 14 May 2011 - 03:29 PM

I'm looking for more people that are interested in both Dragon Age Origins as well as Dragon Age II!
What do you find to be the strengths and weaknesses of both games?
Dragon Age Origins:
Personally I believe this Dragon Age had a more in depth choice system than Dragon Age II. It was also a lot more challenging then Dragon Age II. Finally the characters were much more memorable in Origins then they were in Dragon Age II. You just cant get the same comfy feeling of Sten and Allister. The graphics in origins were also slightly better.
Dragon Age II:
Dragon Age II had a more or less free roam approach with beautiful landscaping. The combat while very easy to master was also quite fun. The major downfall is the lack of customization and the feeling of no challenge whatsoever.

#2 User is offline   Coelit 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 60203

Posted 17 May 2011 - 01:25 PM

View PostXxRainyDayzexX, on 14 May 2011 - 03:29 PM, said:

I'm looking for more people that are interested in both Dragon Age Origins as well as Dragon Age II!
Dragon Age Origins:
Personally I believe this Dragon Age had a more in depth choice system than Dragon Age II. It was also a lot more challenging then Dragon Age II. Finally the characters were much more memorable in Origins then they were in Dragon Age II. You just cant get the same comfy feeling of Sten and Allister. The graphics in origins were also slightly better.
Dragon Age II:
Dragon Age II had a more or less free roam approach with beautiful landscaping. The combat while very easy to master was also quite fun. The major downfall is the lack of customization and the feeling of no challenge whatsoever.

I have yet to play Dragon Age 2, but I am currently playing DAO. I have to say that I love this game, it gives a old-school rpg game feeling with how the system works and how difficult it is. It presents a challenge and I love it.

Also rogues ftw.

#3 User is offline   XxRainyDayzexX 

• Pip

Posted 17 May 2011 - 02:27 PM

View PostCoelit, on 17 May 2011 - 01:25 PM, said:

I have yet to play Dragon Age 2, but I am currently playing DAO. I have to say that I love this game, it gives a old-school rpg game feeling with how the system works and how difficult it is. It presents a challenge and I love it.

Also rogues ftw.

Lol actually Arcane mages ftw ;) What system do you play on and whats your difficulty. At first I was skeptical when I first picked out Dragon Age origins. Then I realized how much of an epic purchase I made xD!
Btww my current stats for my Arcane Mage
STR - 89
DEX - 75
Consitution - 70
INT - 95
WIS - 90
W/ Double Haste casted omg epic win!

#4 User is offline   KurolokiRoku 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 1211

Posted 17 May 2011 - 02:38 PM

View PostXxRainyDayzexX, on 14 May 2011 - 03:29 PM, said:

Dragon Age Origins:
Dragon Age II:

Lol, I'm not sure if "comfy" is the word I'd use to describe Sten myself.

I started playing, but I didn't like it that much, so I just let my husband play my game. He seemed to like it, enough that he asked for DAII for his birthday...which is today. So he's been playing that and there are pros and cons to both. I don't think either of us like the new conversation method. It's kind of stupid how it summarizes what you character is going to say, even though what they actually say is completely different. They should have at least used the same first sentence of each option. I like how the character speaks what you pick though, it's more cinematic that way.

I can't say how challenging the second one is since we just got it and I haven't played it yet (kind of going nuts over this little thing coming up over the weekend ;) ). I like the menu and map designs a LOT better though. Even the loading screens are interesting.
kuroloki.deviantart.com
www.rokulie.com
Please come visit studio RoKuliƩ in the artist alley!

#5 User is offline   NinjaJedi007 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 59569

Posted 17 May 2011 - 07:14 PM

I've yet to complete DA2, but there are already some differences for me. One thing that I've definitely noticed is that it doesn't seem as expansive and diverse as the first game. This is what I mean: in DA1, you have to travel to and meet each of the cultures and cities (elves, dwarfs, the Circle, etc) to push the story ahead. Maybe ~20 hours into DA2 now, I've basically wandered in and around the area of Kirkwall... hope this changes later.
Dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

#6 User is offline   XxRainyDayzexX 

• Pip

Posted 17 May 2011 - 08:07 PM

View PostNinjaJedi007, on 17 May 2011 - 07:14 PM, said:

I've yet to complete DA2, but there are already some differences for me. One thing that I've definitely noticed is that it doesn't seem as expansive and diverse as the first game. This is what I mean: in DA1, you have to travel to and meet each of the cultures and cities (elves, dwarfs, the Circle, etc) to push the story ahead. Maybe ~20 hours into DA2 now, I've basically wandered in and around the area of Kirkwall... hope this changes later.

I definitely understand how you feel on this part. I'm 45k gold in and still have to get 5 more to go to the Deep Roads. Sad thing is I feel like I have literally been clicking destinations and traveling maybe for 5 minutes fighting mobs that don't require anything near the strategy to take down as they did in DA Origins. Do you use mods?

#7 User is offline   xPropaganda 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 60119

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:51 PM

View PostXxRainyDayzexX, on 17 May 2011 - 08:07 PM, said:

I definitely understand how you feel on this part. I'm 45k gold in and still have to get 5 more to go to the Deep Roads. Sad thing is I feel like I have literally been clicking destinations and traveling maybe for 5 minutes fighting mobs that don't require anything near the strategy to take down as they did in DA Origins. Do you use mods?

The game is dreadfully easy even without them : \

Some of the DAO content mods were great, but I don't see them making much of an impact in DAII with such limited zone variety.

Overall, my .02 is
DAO- 9/10
DAII- 7/10
Proud geek

#8 User is offline   NinjaJedi007 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 30 May 2011 - 04:57 PM

Beat the game today and wasn't very impressed. Not quite as epic when you're stuck in one single city throughout the entire game. Reusing the same dungeons and characters was pretty lame. Despite traveling to different locations, I knew exactly how to navigate each one because I've been there many times already.

Not a bad game by any means, but I certainly wouldn't say it's a good one.

#9 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 13139

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:12 PM

I play, and i'm registered under the dragon age EA site.
Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#10 User is offline   SJAkarma22 

• Akwardly Insane
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 59852

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:18 AM

View PostNinjaJedi007, on 30 May 2011 - 04:57 PM, said:

Beat the game today and wasn't very impressed. Not quite as epic when you're stuck in one single city throughout the entire game. Reusing the same dungeons and characters was pretty lame. Despite traveling to different locations, I knew exactly how to navigate each one because I've been there many times already.

Not a bad game by any means, but I certainly wouldn't say it's a good one.

Definitely something that I found frustrating was that- using all the same areas but some were either cut off to make different section or basically the same thing but backwards...

I did really like the first one, I agree on the character development, well, interaction anyway> The fact that it went from one party camp to each having there own is a bit irritating. Along with not being able to change armor except with the upgrades, which isn't terrible, but it's not great when you recieve items for all classes and can only use 1/3 of the items you do recieve.
As long as there is Trust, there is Betrayal
I will lay at your feet while you rule the world

CONLIST:
ANIME CENTRAL April 27-29 2012-ANIME DETOUR June 30 -July 1 2012

#11 User is offline   NinjaJedi007 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:30 PM

^ Not having a camp really bothered me. The only time you could actually interact with companions was when the "companion quest" became active. As far as I know, if you visited someone, they would respond just like some random NPC. What the frick man!? No character development at all really... for anyone!

#12 User is offline   XxRainyDayzexX 

• Pip

Posted 07 June 2011 - 08:11 PM

View PostNinjaJedi007, on 07 June 2011 - 06:30 PM, said:

^ Not having a camp really bothered me. The only time you could actually interact with companions was when the "companion quest" became active. As far as I know, if you visited someone, they would respond just like some random NPC. What the frick man!? No character development at all really... for anyone!

Interesting that was one of the sadder points of da II. I was surprised that the game came out so well for lack of better words fail. Mass Effect 2 was excellent but BioWare definitely f****** up here.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users