Anime Central Forums: Things To Do At Rosemont - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Things To Do At Rosemont If you arrive for ACen way before the date!

#1 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 13 May 2011 - 08:33 PM

So are you decided to come to ACen Wednesday or Thursday. You got your hotel room and you're saying to yourself..."What is there to do around here?" Dont fret for I have some suggestions for you to do around the Rosemont area via public transportation.

Mitsuwa Marketplace
100 East Algonquin Road
Arlington Hts, IL 60005-4618
(847) 956-6699

This is the bees knees of Japanese snacks, food, and culture. Here's a description of their store...

Located right off I-90, Mitsuwa Marketplace, Chicago store has so much to offer under one roof. In our supermarket section, you will find premium cuts of Wagyu beef, delectable fresh sashimi and sushi, and extensive selection of Japanese groceries. More than 15 specialty shops offer Books, Cosmetics, Rental Video, Bakery, and much more. If you are looking for a place to enjoy lunch or dinner at a reasonable price, our Restaurant Row is the Place; Sushi, Ramen, Traditional Japanese dishes, Fast-Food Chinese, Korean dishes, and other exquisite selections are served. Visit us and enjoy a taste of Japan.

Here's the link
http://www.mitsuwa.c...ica/eindex.html

And here are the directions to get to the place
Driving

Public Transportation
Take the Rosemont Cta Station and wait for the Pace 606 bus and get off at Algonquin/Tonne. You cant miss it!

Feel like taking in a movie? The great place about ACen is that there is a movie theater within walking distance! Its called Muvico Theater

Muvico
9701 Bryn Mawr Avenue
Rosemont, IL 60018-5210

The Muvico is a bit pricey, but let me tell you something...ITS WORTH IT! The movies are all shown in HD, has great sound and depending how much you want to spend you have the option to choose a balcony or regular seating. There's a restaurant in the theater and depending on what you get they deliver the food to your seat. Heres a cheap tip. Want free popcorn? Like them on facebook and sign up, or go on their website https://www.muvico.c...fault.asp?t=210

Ill post more places later on, but this should give you a start on what to do around Rosemont. Im sure fellow forum members will post here on some great places to go to if you arrive at ACen early. Make sure to post directions and/or addresses. Who wants to be cooped up in a hotel before the big dance? Get out there and explore Rosemont!
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#2 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:23 PM

-Go explore chicago downtown area

There are resturants, bookstores, Water tower, Millennium park, etc. and it's not far from Rosemount. It's 30 minutes drive and 45 minutes on CTA blue line.

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Chicago_Loop

-Play video games in the hotel rooms and just goof around at the bars surrounding the area.

Mitsuwa is also a good suggestion too.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#3 User is offline   dorkatlarge 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 6912

Posted 15 May 2011 - 06:54 PM

If you have time, and you're feeling adventurous, some neighborhoods to explore include...

* Chinatown. It's relatively safe, though if you're alone you want to leave before dark. The easiest way to get there is to take the Red Line trains south. (The Red Line runs north-south through the city, and can be found underground near State Street if you're downtown).

* The North Side areas around the Addison and Belmont Red Line stops. At the former, you'll find Wrigley Field, more sports memorabilia than you could ever want, and plenty of bars. At the latter, you'll find a hipster/punk neighborhood with some of my favorite independent shops (Chicago Comics and People Play Games, both one block north of the intersection of Clark and Belmont). Both areas are very close to Boystown, which is the center of the LGBT community.

Not For Tourists ( http://www.notfortou...om/Chicago.aspx ) can provide lots of information on neighborhoods, and they probably know far more about the Lincoln Park area than I do. Their site is only partly free as far as I know, and books cost about $20 each.

#4 User is offline   Christy 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 2434

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:33 AM

In 2009 I added a list of things people can do on Thursday so I thought I'd recopy it here:

Heres a list of 10 things you can do on Thursday before the con if you arrive early - assuming you have already checked into your room and unpacked:

1) Head to the game room - they've already posted that they are open on Thursday
2) Go take in a movie at the Movico
3) Explore the convention hotel to get a good idea of the layout and where everything is
4) Scope out the local restaurants to plan your meals for the weekend - have a leasurely dinner while you're at it
5) Go over the programming schedule and figure out what you want to do when
6) Meet up with friends and find a resturant or a quiet place to socalize
7) Use your hotel's ammenities including the pool and the exercise room
8) Chill in your room and watch TV, read, play games with your room mates or put the finishing touches on your cosplay
9) See if there are any con staff or artists setting up for the con that could use an extra hand
10) Take a nap to prep for the fact that you won't be getting any sleep for the rest of the weekend

#5 User is offline   Zeushero 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 60043

Posted 17 May 2011 - 02:07 AM

the game room is open on thursday? Where did they post info about this?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users