Anime Central Forums: C2's Pizza Hut Adventure~! (Featuring Cheese-kun) - Anime Central Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

C2's Pizza Hut Adventure~! (Featuring Cheese-kun) Friday, 1:15pm, Pizza Hut 7060 Forest Preserve Dr., Norridge

Poll: C2's Pizza Hut Adventure~! (Featuring Cheese-kun) (13 member(s) have cast votes)

What time is most convienient for you to go to Pizza Hut on Friday?

1. 1:15 P.M. (9 votes [100.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

Vote

#61 User is offline   C2Queen 

• Publication Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: Forum Staff
  • Member No.: 59630

Posted 16 May 2011 - 04:25 PM

View Postmsd121, on 16 May 2011 - 04:12 PM, said:

touche! hadn't thought about that, and i didnt notice the message until after i posted.

I'll be staying at the Intercontinental (won't be able to check in until 4pm friday though), so i'll probably either park in their garage or a little bit beyond there. There's an unoccupied office building whose parking lot i've been able to get away with using in previous years. *measures* What?! seriously? it's half a mile away? >_> ok, maybe i'll make an exception for you guys and pay the exorbitant $20 parking fee for the embassy/doubletree garage. Otherwise i need to figure out someplace i can swing by and pick people up. I'm not sure, but i think i recall that circle at the convention center being restricted to livery vehicles (taxis and limos)... not sure though. If i can, that would probably be the best place to pick people up; I wouldn't be holding up traffic (like if i stopped on a street) and it would avoid the pedestrian traffic on Bryn Mawr.

I'll be driving a black 2010 VW Jetta TDI. I thoroughly cleaned the interior this weekend, but it doesn't bother me if people eat in it (no food fights, please :P). Other than that, I'm not quite sure what to say. Listing off my interests probably isn't an important determining factor in determining your partners for a 15 minute car ride - I'm thinking the main concern here is 'who is least likely to drive me out to some remote place and do _______,' and i'm not entirely sure how to address those concerns - saying that "driving a manual transmission effectively prevents me from groping passengers" is only going to make me look worse. Not that i would grope passengers anyways. Things like that should be consensual... and done in private... and I just made myself look like a pervert >_<... buuuuuuuuuut i'm gonna post it anyways. (I was trying to be humorous there. Not sure if i succeeded. I do not endorse sexual harassment in any form, and i'm very sorry if i offended anyone).

*attempts to dig himself out of the hole he just dug* This, i think, is one of the problems of going to an all-male high school. During junior high, gender/sex connotations aren't fully formed yet, and when you get to university you aren't really forced to mingle with the opposite gender... so i'm still occasionally unsure about how to address certain issues like this. I rarely intend to say things that offend people, so if i do, please let me know.

*crawls under a rock*

The best place to actually pick someone up at would probably be outside the hotel somewhere (not actually parking and paying a parking fee, just pick them up at the front) or if at the convention, in front of the Hyatt which is connected to the convention center ^__^ For those of you who do not know what the car he has looks like, its extremely nice. Here's a photo -- You dork xD Saying pervy things *tugs on his face* I know your harmless, so for all you females freaking out don't be worried, he's a gentleman he just has an average man's sense of humor =]

Oh and also for everyone, I think you should make sure you know who you want to eat with and share expenses with, either a few people to cut costs and share pizza or just by yourself ^__^ There will probably be left over pizza to feed people who don't have all that much money. Oh and if you plan to drink (if old enough) please drink responsibly and do not drive afterward =]

My Upcoming Cons/Events (2014): Soycon, Ramencon
Recently Attended (2014): Anime Central, Colossalcon

For general questions & questions about forum registration -- EMAIL US.

#62 User is offline   Normandy 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 59117

Posted 16 May 2011 - 06:51 PM

So basically this is like the Thursday Meet & Greet, but more awesome 'cause there's pizza? :P

#63 User is offline   MMAOtaku-ESH 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 60104

Posted 16 May 2011 - 06:56 PM

That, and it's more fitting with the Code Geass theme that we were going for. Well, seems like C2 has everything in order. I can't wait until Friday, although my flight's been delayed until tuesday.
2012 Cosplay- Lelouch vi Britiania (Ashford Uniform/Zero/Neko)

#64 User is offline   DarkMimi 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 38289

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:08 PM

Good news! I am seriously making room for this in my schedule and forcing the BF to take me to Pizza Hut (if he refuses, I have tactics that will make him do anything ;)). Bad news-ish? Eh, still not sure if we'll check in to the hotel before 1PM, so... if I am forced to do so to save money I may have to hitch a ride with someone.

(Weird double post was here...)

This post has been edited by DarkMimi: 16 May 2011 - 07:11 PM

2014 Cosplay Plans
Bioshock Infinite - Daisy Fitzroy (0% Completed)
Batman - Talia Al Gul (0% Completed)
Princess Peach: Military Style (0% Completed)

Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon X, and Borderlands 2
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel! HERE!!!
I <3 Friends Who Keep In Touch

#65 User is offline   DarkRavenAmadah 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 2261

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:00 PM

Hey! My fiancee, sister and I would love to go, but our ride to the con has become kinda sketchy so our arrival time isn't steady so put us down for a maybe in case we get there too late.

Msd121 PMing about about car room to the pizza hut!
"Black then white are all I see, in my infancy
Red and yellow then came to be, reaching out to me, lets me see
there is so much more, and beckons me to look through to these, infinite possibilities."
Tool 'Lateralus'

#66 User is offline   Bloody Prince 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 59785

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:02 PM

This sounds like great fun. Ushishishi. I have no idea why I didnt write here sooner. Accepted a couple days ago. ._. Gah.
-ACen 2013 Characters-
Homestuck- Gamzee + Skater Kurloz [Maybe Rufioh... Get him all done in 6 weeks? We shall see! xD]
Hitman- Belphegor
Kuroshitsuji- Sebastian

#67 User is offline   C2Queen 

• Publication Staff
  • PipPip

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:12 PM

@THTR: Yes, exactly like that ^_^ But PIZZA HUT and wings. Which makes it 10x more epic than IHOP. Seeing as this is so popular (which Im shocked it became that way) We might do this every year :)

@MMAOTAKU: You can always count on me Lelouch-kun ^___^ I was wondering why I didn't hear from you... xD Be safe on your flight! >.<;

@DarkMimi: SERIOUSLY?! I'm going to love having you there! We'll find a way to get you there =] No worries! As it gets closer lets make you a back-up arrangement in case anything. I think MMAOTAKUs rental car could fit you and we could pick you up n.n

@DarkRavenAmadah: Sure! I'll put you down for a maybe =] Thanks for the interest! So I'll put all three of you down. Do you have nicknames you would like to be called or costumes we can recognize you by? Even outfits?

#68 User is offline   DarkRavenAmadah 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 2261

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:43 PM

There's me, Amadahy, I'll probably be in fantasy or punk, Kara will be in a bar wench outfit and Mana is my sister's nickname not sure what she'll be in but she'll be with us and were all coming with msd121.

This post has been edited by DarkRavenAmadah: 16 May 2011 - 09:51 PM

"Black then white are all I see, in my infancy
Red and yellow then came to be, reaching out to me, lets me see
there is so much more, and beckons me to look through to these, infinite possibilities."
Tool 'Lateralus'

#69 User is offline   Clementine 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59293

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:44 PM

I am good to go! All I need is a ride :D I am staying at the Hyatt.
~ACen cosplays~
Amy Pond (50%)

#70 User is offline   Normandy 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:12 PM

Code Geass theme huh? I've never seen that myself, so I'm sure many jokes would go over my head. XD

I'd be down for going to this, if I can find a way there. I won't be cosplaying though.

#71 User is offline   -JUNK- 

• Forum Hell Raven
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19299

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:30 PM

yeah the jokes will go over my head as well but ah well ive watched a few episodes when it was on [AS] so maybe ill catch something
ACen 15"

*~Proud Supporter of the GBLT Community.~*

#72 User is offline   msd121 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 60213

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:00 PM

So, assuming that amadahy's group arrives in time, i still have one seat left. who wants it?
ACEN 2011: Fifth convention, first cosplay (generic butler).

#73 User is offline   C2Queen 

• Publication Staff
  • PipPip

Posted 17 May 2011 - 12:07 PM

First post information is updated once again. Be sure to read it =]

@Clementine: Msd121 has an open spot in his car, and also MagicalGamer can fit one more person. I will talk to MMAOTAKU though once he gets his rental car and see if you can squeeze in with us ^__^ Since he is also staying at the Hyatt it may be more convenient that way. Me and him and Ka-chan will already be at the convention (which is connected to the Hyatt) at a photoshoot before going. So after that we could all meet up and go to Pizza Hut together.

@THTR: No problem if you haven't seen it =] we are just going to get friendly and have some fun, take pics and what not spout out some jokes and maybe old stories. Basically a mini meet and greet. Oh and check the first page for those offering rides, and if you feel uncomfortable about it, PM the one's offering rides and try to get to know them better. You can trust the people offering rides though, so don't feel afraid. It'll only be a ten minute car ride too ^__^ and they are happy to help fellow con goers.

@DarkRavenAmadah: Okay got it, Amadahy (you), Kara, and Mana. Okay, make sure you and Msd121 fix all your arrangements and get everything settled to make sure you can come and you all feel okay with driving up with one another =] You'll be in Fantasy or Punk and Kara will be in a bar wench outfit xD and your sister (mana) you aren't sure yet. I'll update the first post again for everyone.

@MSD121: I'll change the information in the first post now, thanks =]

#74 User is offline   C2Queen 

• Publication Staff
  • PipPip

Posted 17 May 2011 - 01:55 PM

The first post is now RE:REUPDATED and organized, a few additional rules added and some more detailed information. Those who have not yet specified what they will be wearing (cosplay or normal clothes) please let me know =] Also, those who want to be called by a certain nickname please inform me of the nickname =] Otherwise I'll probably ask you when we are there or just call you by your forum name. ^_^ Also, ride information has been updated, and Clementine, we will try to fit you in with us in MMAOTAKU'S (Lelouch's) Rental Car =] and everyone who's coming who is a member on the forums your name has a link to your profile for the others to click. This way everyone can get to know you beforehand or be able to find you after the meet happens by clicking the name. If any information is incorrect, please contact me.

#75 User is offline   Aiz Versae 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59824

Posted 17 May 2011 - 02:38 PM

Bel. Behave. >>

Anyway. If Bel agrees we might be able to offer rides. We can fit up to 3 people if they are willing to squeeze into the backseat. Lolz.

2012 ACen Cosplays ♚
♦ Friday → Izaya Orihara {Durarara!}
♦ Saturday → Ciel Phantomhive {Kuroshitsuji}
♦ Sunday → Zero Lelouch {Code Geass R2}

"You are not wrong. You fought to protect your world. Isn't that good enough? After all, justice in this world is just a bunch of principles made by those with power to suit themselves. No one really thinks of others, you will lose everything if you can not keep up. Only two kinds of people exist in this world; those who steal and those who are stolen from. So then, today, I just stole your future. That's all."

#76 User is offline   C2Queen 

• Publication Staff
  • PipPip

Posted 17 May 2011 - 03:01 PM

View PostGeass Clone, on 17 May 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

Bel. Behave. >>

Anyway. If Bel agrees we might be able to offer rides. We can fit up to 3 people if they are willing to squeeze into the backseat. Lolz.

Daijoubu~! You heard zero-sama ^___^ as long as Bel/Haru doesn't disagree there is another ride option for you folks. You can trust zero-sama and Bel, they are close friends of mine in RL. They are very generous people, just watch out for Zero-sama's stubborn-ness and Haru-kun's randomness xD

#77 User is offline   Aiz Versae 

• Pip

Posted 17 May 2011 - 03:06 PM

View PostC2Queen, on 17 May 2011 - 03:01 PM, said:

Daijoubu~! You heard zero-sama ^___^ as long as Bel/Haru doesn't disagree there is another ride option for you folks. You can trust zero-sama and Bel, they are close friends of mine in RL. They are very generous people, just watch out for Zero-sama's stubborn-ness and Haru-kun's randomness xD

Stubborn-ness? What does that have to do with anything? xD Bel's random-ness on the other hand... >>;; Ya. Lolz.

2012 ACen Cosplays ♚

"You are not wrong. You fought to protect your world. Isn't that good enough? After all, justice in this world is just a bunch of principles made by those with power to suit themselves. No one really thinks of others, you will lose everything if you can not keep up. Only two kinds of people exist in this world; those who steal and those who are stolen from. So then, today, I just stole your future. That's all."

#78 User is offline   -JUNK- 

• Forum Hell Raven
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2011 - 04:43 PM

Ya know I will probably ride with Desu >__>
ACen 15"

#79 User is offline   C2Queen 

• Publication Staff
  • PipPip

Posted 17 May 2011 - 05:07 PM

View Post-JUNK-, on 17 May 2011 - 04:43 PM, said:

Ya know I will probably ride with Desu >__>

Updated ^__^

#80 User is offline   Normandy 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:57 PM

So which one of you wonderful people with a car wants to give me a ride? :D

#81 User is offline   DarkMimi 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 38289

Posted 18 May 2011 - 01:28 AM

View PostC2Queen, on 16 May 2011 - 08:12 PM, said:

@DarkMimi: SERIOUSLY?! I'm going to love having you there! We'll find a way to get you there =] No worries! As it gets closer lets make you a back-up arrangement in case anything. I think MMAOTAKUs rental car could fit you and we could pick you up n.n

Updated, definitely have a ride there with my boyfriend so put me as + friend/lover (whatever you want to call him XD). I told him that he's going to be Rakshata's secret love affair not shown on screen way across seas.
2014 Cosplay Plans
Bioshock Infinite - Daisy Fitzroy (0% Completed)
Batman - Talia Al Gul (0% Completed)
Princess Peach: Military Style (0% Completed)

Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon X, and Borderlands 2
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel! HERE!!!
I <3 Friends Who Keep In Touch

#82 User is offline   C2Queen 

• Publication Staff
  • PipPip

Posted 18 May 2011 - 01:34 AM

View PostDarkMimi, on 18 May 2011 - 01:28 AM, said:

Updated, definitely have a ride there with my boyfriend so put me as + friend/lover (whatever you want to call him XD). I told him that he's going to be Rakshata's secret love affair not shown on screen way across seas.

@DarkMimi: Okay~! I changed it and updated the information in the first post. I put unidentified boyfriend, makes him sound mysterious~ wooo. xD How scandalous! ;o; I knew there was something going on! I will expose your affair to the media! Phoenix wright style (using the word objection a lot)! xD Kidding.

@THTR: Msd121 has room for one more and is currently from what I know (taking three other girls) and also Magicalgamer has room for one more as well ^__^ and my friends (Geassclone and Haru) might have an open spot in their car to take you. Please refer to the first post on the first page for more information.

#83 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 18 May 2011 - 02:22 AM

Man, y'all are making me crave Pizza Hut now :-P

And if you do go to the HIP (that's the mall across the street, Harlem-Irving Plaza), your best bet for parking is on the 2nd or 3rd level by Target. Don't even try parking on the lower level, you won't find anything. (I've been going to that mall since I was less than a year old, I know it too well).
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?
Chicago TARDIS 2014: (tentative) Fourth Doctor, Ace

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#84 User is offline   Bloody Prince 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:01 AM

Yeah yeah. We can give people a ride, just no kicking my seat while I'm trying to concentrate. Or Ill stab you. >3
-ACen 2013 Characters-
Homestuck- Gamzee + Skater Kurloz [Maybe Rufioh... Get him all done in 6 weeks? We shall see! xD]
Hitman- Belphegor
Kuroshitsuji- Sebastian

#85 User is offline   C2Queen 

• Publication Staff
  • PipPip

Posted 18 May 2011 - 01:18 PM

@Knitchick: HIP xDD That made me laugh. Thanks for the advice! Very good advice to know. We should bring you back some Pizza! xD

@Haru: NO STABBING PEOPLE. Or I'll hit you with a giant pool noodle >__<;

@THTR: BloodyPrince and Geass Clone are very nice people and are offering a ride, I know them in rl, you can trust them. That and like I said before, Msd121 and magicalgamer also have room for one more. It's all up to you. Be sure to contact whoever you choose to ride with, tell them more about yourself and where you are staying at and will be before the Pizza Hut meet so they can pick you up.

@everyone: Alright! 2 days to go! =] Be sure to have everything figured out by tonight! I'm making the reservation tomorrow ^__^

#86 User is offline   Aiz Versae 

• Pip

Posted 18 May 2011 - 01:55 PM

View PostBloody Prince, on 18 May 2011 - 10:01 AM, said:

Yeah yeah. We can give people a ride, just no kicking my seat while I'm trying to concentrate. Or Ill stab you. >3

You are such a..."friendly" person to be around Haru. =_=;; Be nice to the others. They won't kick your seat.

But anyway, just let Bel and I know if we are having someone ride with us is all.

2012 ACen Cosplays ♚

#87 User is offline   -JUNK- 

• Forum Hell Raven
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 May 2011 - 01:57 PM

I know some Angel Beats Cosplayers will be there as well since we love pizza hut too.
ACen 15"

#88 User is offline   Bloody Prince 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:01 PM

I am~ ♥
-ACen 2013 Characters-
Hitman- Belphegor
Kuroshitsuji- Sebastian

#89 User is offline   Aiz Versae 

• Pip

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:23 PM

Lolz. Good. Or else no beef jerky for you, Bel-kun.
2012 ACen Cosplays ♚

#90 User is offline   DomoFile 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 24635

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:28 PM

i'ma goooo :happydance:
ACen 2014
Steampunk Airship Captain - 92.674953200001%

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic