• You cannot reply to this topic

Soulcalibur V A tales of souls and swords, eternally retold

#1 User is offline   Aiddon Valentin 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 5880

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:17 PM

Namco has finally announced the newest entry in the Soul series. In the same vein as Tekken 3, Street fighter 3, and Garou: Mark of the Wolves the game will take place quite a long time after the previous entry (17 years in fact) and will presumably have a new cast to reflect this. The new hero is Patroklos, the son of series veteran Sophitia. Siegfried and Nightmare are confirmed by series director Odashima to be returning:

http://www.siliconer...-new-siegfried/

I'm definitely looking forward to this. The Soul series is still my favorite 3D fighter, though it is a bit heartbreaking that a large chunk of the cast will probably be retired to make way for a new generation. I liked IV, but even I'll admit it had some serious content issues such as the single-player modes being anemic and the series was getting a bit bloated with some characters feeling extraneous. A fresh start is probably for the best and I can't wait to see what they'll reveal at E3
Kuchiki Byakuya: Ohayocon '06
Kuchiki Byakuya: ACen '06
Rose: Ohayocon '07
Part of Shinigami Squad '06

#2 User is offline   cloudacmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 17980

Posted 11 May 2011 - 04:00 PM

I wonder if there will be guest characters again?

I feel the same way you do about IV. So here's hoping that this is a fresh start for the series.
facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cloudacmaster
Cosplays did not happen in 2009, thanks to finals. Things are not looking good in 2010 either :/ I may not make it til Acen until Sat. evening.
Forum Doctor and Forum weather man!

#3 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• Honorary Forum Therapist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 447

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:12 PM

Soul Calibur is my favorite fighting game, but I've been so disappointed by 3 and 4 that I'm not sure that I can get excited for this...When it comes out, I'll play it and hope for the best, but I'm having a hard time feeling the hype...
Armageddicon!!
Columbus, OH December 21-23, 2012
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/

#4 User is offline   Devil Trigger Dante 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 22124

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:25 PM

I'm game for this...but it totally looks like it's ripping off the new Mortal Kombat storyline

As long as they have Ivy and Seigfried (like the new look on him btw) I'm good tho

Visionary Devil May Cry cosplayer

In a time, long since past in an age of darkness, when the Earth was overrun with demons and humans were powerless under their rule humanity's hope lived in a demon, named Sparda. With a spirit unlike any other, and wielding the sword that bore his own name, Sparda eradicated the demons. And now the Legend of Sparda, has been inherited, by his son the demon slayer...Dante

#5 User is offline   Ultra Yak 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 47823

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:29 PM

I'd better get to keep mah Voldo
ACEN2012, "Ultra Yak!! in GetBack Feeling!"
His little boat coasted into the dock of the city named ACEN. It's shimmering lights made him blind to the chaos that would ensue within.
Soon he would learn that he would get back more than just the feelings lost in the year 2010.
Waiting in the one place he wouldn't look, until...

#6 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:13 PM

View PostUltra Yak, on 11 May 2011 - 08:29 PM, said:

I'd better get to keep mah Voldo

SECOND THAT!

I'm sure he will be there--he's an original character. I hope they make him BA like he was in the last one. Nightmare also looked super cool in 4...I wonder if they will change him for 5? Either way it looks pretty good from the trailer...I'm for sure getting it, it's my favorite fighting series as well.

Oh Voldo~ <3
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#7 User is offline   LC Asuka 

• Main Events ADH
  • Pip
  • Group: Forum Staff
  • Member No.: 17129

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:00 PM

View PostDevil Trigger Dante, on 11 May 2011 - 06:25 PM, said:

As long as they have Ivy and Seigfried (like the new look on him btw) I'm good tho

Back when I competed in SCII (and when I played 3 and 4 casually), I was always a hardcore Ivy player...so I would most definitely hope she makes an appearance. However thinking back to Ivy's ending in SC4, I can't see how they can justify bringing her back - especially as a fighting character.

That being said I'll still keep a close eye on this game, although I'll withhold excitement until I see a little more in-depth info/gameplay in the future.

Main Programming Assistant Manager ~ 2014
Main Programming Staff
~ 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
2014 Cosplay ~ Third Doctor, Magishine/Solaris Knight
I've reversed the polarity of the neutron flow.

#8 User is offline   Aiddon Valentin 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 12 May 2011 - 05:11 AM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 11 May 2011 - 09:13 PM, said:

SECOND THAT!

I'm sure he will be there--he's an original character. I hope they make him BA like he was in the last one. Nightmare also looked super cool in 4...I wonder if they will change him for 5? Either way it looks pretty good from the trailer...I'm for sure getting it, it's my favorite fighting series as well.

Oh Voldo~ <3

Even if Voldo would be 67 in V. Ew. My guess is that they'll retire a lot of the old fighters (though probably keep the ones who have weird circumstances like Raphael) but bring in successors to their style of play.

Also, new production sketch:

http://twitpic.com/4wju09

I definitely recognize Sieg and Pat in there, but I can't tell who the woman (Hilde, maybe?) and the two guys are

This post has been edited by Aiddon Valentin: 12 May 2011 - 07:03 AM

#9 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7072

Posted 13 May 2011 - 11:32 AM

werll they made voldo a zombie in 4, looks like he'll still be the guardian of the pit unless lizard man takes over.

prolly gonna cosplay as him again, now that i'm bald >:3
i've stopped posting links in my siggy due to degradation of the internet 5/23/12

#10 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:12 PM

No Astro? And what happen to the rest of Sophie's kids?

I thought she had...a lot.

Despite my ramblings I wouldn't mind checking it out. I am a fan who cannot play SC for the life of her ^^;
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#11 User is offline   Aiddon Valentin 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 13 May 2011 - 08:55 PM

Sophitia only had two, one being son Patroklos and the other being her daughter Pyrrha

#12 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:07 AM

View PostAiddon Valentin, on 13 May 2011 - 08:55 PM, said:

Sophitia only had two, one being son Patroklos and the other being her daughter Pyrrha

Thanks for pointing that out.

Wondering why she isn't in the game.

Or Amy for that matter.

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 14 May 2011 - 11:08 AM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#13 User is offline   BigBoss 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 2255

Posted 24 May 2011 - 05:16 AM

I sincerely hope they tune down the runaway breasts. I'm not the squeamish type, but I couldn't bring myself to play Taki or Ivy in recent SC games. Their absurd proportions make the ladies of the DOA games seem conservative, by comparison.
Hey, don't be scared by my appearance... I'm a friendly monster. Please feel free to chat me up!
-Peter Staack

#14 User is offline   Naruto9thDemon 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 9171

Posted 24 May 2011 - 04:39 PM

I'm not a big SC fan but hopefully the "special" character is awesome. I've been kinda wanting to pick up a SC sometime ^_^
~* That's Right I'm Kira *~

http://www.youtube.c...TR?feature=mhum

^ My Youtube Channel. Check it out.

#15 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7281

Posted 24 May 2011 - 11:23 PM

All I have to say is that they have a lot of things to make up to me if they want me to buy this game. Number one, much longer story mode. If it's another 5 match story mode I'll be very unhappy.
"It's better to be used then to be useless."
Member of the J-Rock Fan Alliance
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui
Staff at Ikasucon,World Steam, and Youmacon
Part of GUTG's Bear Calvary.
Furture cosplays: Impel Down Mr.3....40% complete

#16 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 May 2011 - 08:54 PM

View PostDark Stranger, on 24 May 2011 - 11:23 PM, said:

All I have to say is that they have a lot of things to make up to me if they want me to buy this game. Number one, much longer story mode. If it's another 5 match story mode I'll be very unhappy.

Yeah I agree with you. Once I finally get warmed up and get in my groove, the story mode ends. :P
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#17 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2011 - 08:02 AM

I would also like for them to take out the stats on the costumes too. I know it's cool and all at first, but having to make at twice as many characters (some for actually good looking costumes fighting and best stats fighting) is just annoying. I'd rather be fighting, not browsing through a bunch of ugly breastplates to see which one wont lower my HP. Then of course all the best things put together makes your fighter look really stupid after it's all said and done.
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui

#18 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2011 - 12:21 PM

Hope they keep the weapon roster though. That was fun.

Not sure about the finishing moves though because they were cool but hard to pull off during battle >.< You had to do a lot to get them out compared to Guilty gear or BB, which made them just an awesome finisher or something for lols.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#19 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2011 - 02:32 PM

One thing I hope they keep is the Soul Meter. I feel it made the game harder and stopped the spamming of people just charging all the time, and prevented using super strong moves that are un-blockable most times.
I agree with the taking out of the armor stats. I LOOOVE the customizing and making them your own, but the stats thing got on my nerves. Because certain armor messed up your character, or this armor interferes with this, it got ridiculous after awhile, and I got tired of it. So then I seriously just played my characters in the least clothes they could just for kicks. hahaha you all should check out my Voldo wearing pink garters. ;3 It's fun especially with a character like him. :3

#20 User is offline   Aiddon Valentin 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:03 PM

new info:

http://www.siliconer...-soulcalibur-v/

http://www.siliconer...-soulcalibur-v/

Also, Soul Crushes won't be returning

Screenshot from the game featuring Pyrrha (Sophitia's daughter) and Mitsurugi:

http://kotaku.com/58...irst-screenshot

This post has been edited by Aiddon Valentin: 01 June 2011 - 08:34 PM

#21 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:09 PM

Aww, poor Hwang. T_T.

But Misurugi!!! The sketch and the screenshot look great. I'm so excited for this. Soul Calibur/Soul Edge have had great graphics, I've always thought they were superb, and they look even better~ especially in the characters. I haven't bought a game in a while, and I think I will be picking this up for sure. Pyrrha looks pretty BA. I really want to try her out when I play it.

#22 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:38 PM

View PostAiddon Valentin, on 01 June 2011 - 03:03 PM, said:

Oh thank god! I hate those things. I'm stuck on the tower because I have to do soul crushes to beat the 3 computer players in under a minute, but you have to do soo much to bring them down to that level I just can't pull it off.

#23 User is offline   Aiddon Valentin 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:32 AM

Debut gameplay trailer

I'm pretty sure Pat is voice by Yuri Lowenthal. I think Pyrrha is Laura Bailey

This post has been edited by Aiddon Valentin: 03 June 2011 - 12:42 AM

#24 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 June 2011 - 03:39 PM

View PostAiddon Valentin, on 03 June 2011 - 12:32 AM, said:

Debut gameplay trailer

I'm pretty sure Pat is voice by Yuri Lowenthal. I think Pyrrha is Laura Bailey

oh, man. That was incredibly awesome. I am even more pumped for this game. Gameplay looks good too. I'm excited for this one for sure. Haha yeah I think I head Yuri Lowenthal too, it would be cool if he were in it.

#25 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2011 - 08:16 PM

*Nightmare's artwork left her speechless*

...................Why does he keep getting weirder and weirder each game!?
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#26 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2011 - 08:38 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 04 June 2011 - 08:16 PM, said:

*Nightmare's artwork left her speechless*

...................Why does he keep getting weirder and weirder each game!?

Hahaha yeah I know right. He gets more mutated (would that be the word?) or more like taken over by Soul edge it seems in each game. The new Soul Edge looks pretty cool in the new one too. I like the skull they put on the hilt connecting it to the blade (I'm sure that part has a name and I don't know it lol).

#27 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7072

Posted 05 June 2011 - 12:00 AM

new trailer out eryybody:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=xq0gvaVyHc0

This post has been edited by TekoMuto: 05 June 2011 - 12:00 AM

i've stopped posting links in my siggy due to degradation of the internet 5/23/12

#28 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 June 2011 - 06:33 PM

View PostTekoMuto, on 05 June 2011 - 12:00 AM, said:

new trailer out eryybody:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=xq0gvaVyHc0

That is more than amazing. oooh~ I loooooove Voldo he's my man. :3

#29 User is offline   Soren Kisamora 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 59725

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:17 AM

this looks interesting,and promising so far.as long as character creation,and xianghua in some incarnation shows up,i'll want it :)
"I don't need to prove that i'm right,i simply need to prove that you're wrong".
Acen '11-White mage[FF XI]

#30 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:51 PM

View PostSoren Kisamora, on 08 June 2011 - 09:17 AM, said:

this looks interesting,and promising so far.as long as character creation,and xianghua in some incarnation shows up,i'll want it :)

hehehehe Xianghua. :3 Justice will Prevail! *wink* Just Kidding!!!! ;3

I've always loved her outfits--I hope if she's in the game they think of a bunch of cool incarnations.

Along with Voldo, I hope they have Lizardman. I have to create my pimpin' version of him!!!! :3

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users