Anime Central Forums: Where do I go at ACen? *** READ ME *** - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Where do I go at ACen? *** READ ME *** I am a panelist, where do I go? what to do?! WELL CLICK HERE THEN

#1 User is offline   Zerox20 

• Panel Programming ADH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 1323

Posted 10 May 2011 - 02:47 PM

Statement Regarding Panelist Policy for ACen 2011:

We are writing regarding the new panelist badge comp policy that was put in place this year. Many concerns were raised this year with the re-write, and one of the main concerns that raised was an issue regarding how this new policy was communicated to you as panelists, and that some panelists must pay for a badge despite the hard work they were putting into preparing for their panel. We appreciate this feedback, and after careful review, we have made the decision to suspend the policy for the 2011 convention year.

ALL panelists who submitted and had their panels approved this year will have their badges comped. All panelists will need to pick up their badges in room Liberty (in the Hyatt).

If you are a panelist who has already paid for a badge, we unfortunately cannot offer refunds. If you have paid for a badge, please bring this to the attention of the Panel Programming Department Head or Assistant Department Head. You can find us in our Panel Operations room, located in North Central in the Hyatt. We will record your information, and you will be given a comp badge for ACen 2012.

A new panelist badge policy is being devised for next year, and we encourage all panelists to attend the MAPS Board Meeting and ACen Feedback Session to provide feedback on what you would like to see in the new re-written policy. We also have an official forum thread for suggestions as well. The new policy most likely will offer some kind of discount to panelist in the future, but ALL options are being considered by the MAPs Board in conjunction with ACen Staff. We will also be working on better communication with policy changes going forward as well.

We at Panel Programming would personally like to thank each and every panelist for their patience and professionalism while the policy review was taking place. We sincerely apologize for the confusion and hope that this will keep the great panels coming back to ACen year after year.

If you have ANY questions or concerns please do not hesitate to e-mail or private message us on the ACen boards. We will be sending e-mails as well communicating this exact message to ensure all of our panelists know about these last minute changes.

Thank you, everyone, for your hard work this year, and remember: we have almost 200 Panels this year! Let’s make this the best ACen Panel Programming Ever!

Regards,
MAPS Board
Jared Sangeorzan (ADH Panel Programming)
Keith Hays (DH Panel Programming)

** THE THREAD IS NOW UNLOCKED, FEEL FREE TO ASK QUESTIONS, THE FEEDBACK THREAD IS STILL OPEN, THIS THREAD IS NOW PURELY FOR Q&A ANSWERS ONLY! **

Okay so, one of the MOST common questions I get is, "Where do I go at ACen?" Well, many vetren Panelists know, we never tell you that and we like to watch everybody from afar and laugh from behind the Window where we watch. (Just kidding). Below is a Brief Q&A that should help calm the nerves!

Q: I have been approved and I am on the schedule as a Panelist, where do I go when I arrive?
A: You may goto Liberty Room at the Hyatt and pickup your Badge ONLY! (Head Panelists CANNOT pickup badges this year, only each person for the Panel can)

Q: How come some of my Panel Group still had to pay for a badge?
A: See statement above, we will be offering a comp for next year for you.

IF YOU ARE CONFUSED ABOUT YOUR PANEL BADGES, E-MAIL PANELSUBMISSIONS [ AT ] ACEN [dot] ORG ASAP, we do not want ANY CONFUSION at the convention!!

Q: I have my badge, where do I go now?
A: Once you have picked up your Badges, you will check in with Panel Operations, this room is Located in the same spot as the last 2 years, which is room North Central next to the Rosemont Ballrooms (Next to the Bathrooms on the Main floor)

Q: Okay well, How do I know where to go at the Hyatt? I am so lost!
A: Convention 2011 Floorplan (Take Note of Room North Central and Room Liberty)

Q: I need to change my Panel information or Panelist etc.
A: E-mail the panelsubmissions e-mail RIGHT NOW as you read this. We make NO PROMISES at this point in time being so close to the convention!

Q: Do you have a way to hook a MAC Up to a projector?
A: Yes and No. Apple likes to change its Video connectors every year, we try to have some, but if you have any kind of non standard VGA connector on your laptop, I would recommend you bring your own adapter as we cannot be held responsible for them. This is also mainly due to a cost issue.

Q: What time can I get my badges?
A: Liberty is open Thursday-Saturday from 10:00 AM until 1:00 AM. Sunday hours will vary, they will have hours posted as well.

Q: I would like to provide feedback, is their a Feedback session to talk to management/staff?
A: Yes, if you see the schedule you will see ACen feedback session which is scheduled in room LAX on Sunday around 2:30 PM.

Q: Who is your Daddy and what does he do?
A: ....

Q: You seem like a super amazing person, can I come meet you?!
A: Sorry but there is a fee of $500 just to catch a glimpse of me. $1000 is the autograph fee. Sorry guys. If you are lucky you might catch a glimpse at the Panel Operations room if you ask for me! (We accept Pastry, Cakes and cookies as Payment too!) :drool:

Panelist Policy Feedback Only Thread

** ONCE YOU READ THIS, SEND IT TO YOUR FRIEND HAVE THEM SEND IT TOO THEIR FRIENDS **
Jared "Zerox20" Sangeorzan - Panel Programming ADH - ACen 2003/Present
E: panelprogramming@ACen.org || Panel Programming FAQ

#2 User is offline   HaruHE 

• Calendar Angel
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 10773

Posted 15 May 2011 - 11:38 PM

Thank you SO very much for reconsidering, needless to say this has made many people very happy, myself included and your kindness is much appreciated from all of us.
Once more returned to the forums. 2013 ideas:
Hieda No Akyu: Project Touhou
Shadow Yukiko Amagi: Persona 4
Kyouko Sakura (Magic form): Magi Madoka Magica

#3 User is offline   Rena-Chan 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 4823

Posted 15 May 2011 - 11:47 PM

Thank you all so very, very much! We truly appreciate it and are glad that you appreciate the hard work that we are putting in. We won't disappoint you!
Once the first blood is shed, there's no turning back. Loved ones can't be returned, actions can't be taken back, and no words can ever truly say 'sorry' enough. With a past drenched in blood and tomorrow obscured in a dark mist of uncertainty, I find it hard to set goals or make plans for my future--a future I'm not even sure I want to come. " - Weslyn Truce

Thanks for always making ACen so much fun, everyone!!! GOD BLESS!!!

#4 User is offline   HEDGESMFG 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 108

Posted 15 May 2011 - 11:55 PM

While this didn't affect my group specifically, it had affected those I know and care about. You have my thanks for taking these steps. It shows a continued commitment and respect to your panelists which is very important to us.

I've already left my feedback in the other thread. I hope you can devise a 'truly' clear and fair policy for 2012, taking all feedback into consideration.

This post has been edited by HEDGESMFG: 15 May 2011 - 11:56 PM

#5 User is offline   Aonele 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 11231

Posted 16 May 2011 - 12:03 AM

also just dropping in with a big THANK YOU! :)
---Cosplay List 2012---
Will not be attending ;-;

#6 User is offline   Gaynor79 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 36907

Posted 16 May 2011 - 12:59 AM

Ok, just so I'm clear on something, I have a 1 hour panel for which I am the head panelist. Therefore, only the one badge (mine) was comped and must be picked up at the Liberty Room. I then must proceed to Panel Operations in the North Central room in order to complete the check in process. Correct? And, my two co-panelists (who purchased badges after we figured out they would not be comped) Do not need to go through this same process and have either selected the mailing option, or will have to pick up their badges at the normal pre-reg. Correct?

#7 User is offline   Zerox20 

• Panel Programming ADH
  • PipPip

Posted 16 May 2011 - 05:57 AM

If they were listed as Panelists originally and decided to already pay for their badges we will have a comp for them next year, but they have to check in with us at Panel operations for us to get their names on a list. Just reminder, if you have Panelists who are on your Panel who went and bought a badge and they were on your original listed SUBMITTED form, they can get a comp badge for next year by checking in with Panel Operations. To also answer your question gaylor, yes, all panelists have to check in with Panel Operations we prefer the Head Panelist to do so. If anybody paid for a badge through regular means they will pick it up just like any other person going to the convention by waiting in the reg line. Only Comp Badges are at Liberty Room, nothing else.

#8 User is offline   Mystline 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 35204

Posted 16 May 2011 - 06:50 AM

Wonderful news to hear, thank you ACen staff! :)

#9 User is offline   Hanamizuki 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 59332

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:17 AM

I was not expecting such wonderful news. Thank you very much for your efforts, and going this far to help make this whole thing work is amazing. The panels are now going to be AWESOME!

I'm so excited for my first ACen! :D

#10 User is offline   DJFLuFFKiNS 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 745

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:01 AM

If you want to meet Jared, I only charge 250$ for a glimpse and 500$ for an autograph. I may even throw in an appearance by the Vice Chair :)
Sam Chen - Email me

ACen 2011 - Vice Chair
ACen 2008 - 2010 - Guest Relations - Assistant Section Chief (Industry Liaison in 2009, Programming Liaison in 2008)
ACen 2005 - 2007 - Panel Programming - Department Head (ADH in 2005)
ACen 2002 - 2005 - Live Programming - Staff

Follow me on Twitter: djfluffkins

#11 User is offline   NoodlePop 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 17038

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:49 AM

It makes me so relieved. Even if I think my panelists were covered regardless, this makes me happy for friends on other panels that it affected. Thank you staffers!

This post has been edited by NoodlePop: 16 May 2011 - 11:51 AM

Kanojo wa Kira Kuiin

ACen 2014:
"Ai Oboete Imasu ka?" Lynn Minmay - Macross: Do You Remember Love?
Alibaba Saluja - Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
Aoki Reika/Cure Beauty - Smile Pretty Cure!

#12 User is offline   Kokoro 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 19175

Posted 16 May 2011 - 02:58 PM

I think this was the right move to make. Good job, Acen.
Rawr. ♥

#13 User is offline   Zerox20 

• Panel Programming ADH
  • PipPip

Posted 16 May 2011 - 05:39 PM

View PostDJFLuFFKiNS, on 16 May 2011 - 08:01 AM, said:

If you want to meet Jared, I only charge 250$ for a glimpse and 500$ for an autograph. I may even throw in an appearance by the Vice Chair :)

But nobody cares about you Sam. They all want some of the awesome. :thumbup:

#14 User is offline   Gaynor79 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 36907

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:54 PM

View PostZerox20, on 16 May 2011 - 05:57 AM, said:

If they were listed as Panelists originally and decided to already pay for their badges we will have a comp for them next year, but they have to check in with us at Panel operations for us to get their names on a list. Just reminder, if you have Panelists who are on your Panel who went and bought a badge and they were on your original listed SUBMITTED form, they can get a comp badge for next year by checking in with Panel Operations. To also answer your question gaynor, yes, all panelists have to check in with Panel Operations we prefer the Head Panelist to do so. If anybody paid for a badge through regular means they will pick it up just like any other person going to the convention by waiting in the reg line. Only Comp Badges are at Liberty Room, nothing else.

Ok, so based on what you have just told me, even though my co-panelists went and paid for badges due to the confusion, they should come with to the Liberty Room and/or Panel Operations and get on the list for comped badges for next year?

#15 User is offline   Zerox20 

• Panel Programming ADH
  • PipPip

Posted 17 May 2011 - 06:38 AM

View PostGaynor79, on 16 May 2011 - 10:54 PM, said:

Ok, so based on what you have just told me, even though my co-panelists went and paid for badges due to the confusion, they should come with to the Liberty Room and/or Panel Operations and get on the list for comped badges for next year?

Liberty will not be taking down the comp information, it will be something we will be doing at Panel Operations. If you paid for a badge and are listed as a co-panelist in our system, we can write your name down. Just notice, we will be checking every single name against reg after the con so if you aren't listed as a co panelist then it will be denied for next year. This is currently how we plan to do this, it COULD change at convention. I would recommend coming to see us Friday after 10:00 AM.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users