Anime Central Forums: What was your first cosplay? - Anime Central Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What was your first cosplay? And how badly did it fail? :)

#91 User is offline   KawaiiAmber 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 63768

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:35 PM

My first Anime Con was at ACen back in 2008. :)
I cosplayed as Sakura Haruno from Naruto.
I remember I bought a boxed costume from a small Japanese shop in the mall.
It only had the dress & the leg-strap bag in it.
I had to have my grandma make another circle to sew on the back of the dress because it didn't have it.
I still had to buy a few rubber shuriken to put in the bag, a wooden kunai knife to use as my prop, a pink wig that I had to cut myself, & a Leaf Village headband.
It was definitely a lot of work to buy and have put together... since I was 15 at the time. :wacko:

This'll be my 5th time at ACen this year!
Here's a list of who I've cosplayed in the past:
1. 2008 - Sakura Haruno
(Naruto)
2. 2010 - Luna (Sailor Moon)
3. 2012 - Dara in "I Am The Best" (2NE1)
4. 2013 - G-Dragon in "Fantastic Baby" (Big Bang)
5. 2014 - Ravi in "Voodoo Doll" (VIXX)

This post has been edited by KawaiiAmber: 05 March 2014 - 01:40 PM

#92 User is offline   Miayoko 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 65210

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:07 PM

My first cosplay was my Mithra White Mage from Final Fantasy XI way back in 2007 at a small con that I wouldn't recommend called Anime Festival Wichita.

It was OK but I could have done better in retrospect.
ACen 2014 Cosplays:
Friday: Final Fantasy XIV Arcanist - 70%
Saturday: Sasha Braus - 100%
Sunday: Cinnamoroll Kigurumi - 100%

#93 User is offline   Twifairy 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 65191

Posted 30 March 2014 - 11:31 AM

Mine was Haruhi Suzumiya, for Halloween.

I used a blouse, a cut-up t shirt, some marker, and a piece of yarn for her top. I didn't have a skirt so I wore shorts.

The headband was the only accurate thing.

Talk about closet cosplay.
ACen 2015 Cosplay-
Ymir/Mikasa Ackerman: 20% done

#94 User is offline   Clare 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 62946

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:55 AM

My first cosplay was May from Pokemon back in 2011 and it was awful. I had a red v-neck skirt and i layered a few tank tops under it and my head handkerchief thing was made of a dollar store handkerchief and acrylic paint which my dad did which made it stiff and unwearable.....

My first /real/ cosplays were at ACen 2012, I was Roxy from Homestuck, Hilda from Pokemon Black/White and Gumi from the Matryoshka PV. They weren't the best, my roxy wig was too short and unstyled and my shirt was sloppy, my Hilda cosplay was missing a lot of details and my Gumi was nothing special, but they weren't too bad for first cosplays.

My worst cosplays.... My worst cosplay was probably pretty recent, at Anime Midwest 2013 for a while on Saturday I wore this crappy Sailor Venus cosplay that I bought while it was on mega-clearance on a costume site. It looked prettttty bad, I had to make the brooch myself because it only came with a thin paper-like piece of fabric yellow circle on the front bow. The back bow was orange instead of yellow, the orange of the skirt and collar was bright neon, it was made out of a crappy broadcloth type material too. My wig was pretty ratty and the tiara sucked, I'm actually pretty embarrassed to say I wore something so bad so recently, haha. I've also done some lazy cosplays which weren't bad, but they weren't that good either and I know I can do better. /rant over
ACen 2012-Roxy Lalonde (Homestuck), Hilda (Pokemon BW), Matyroshka Gumi (Vocaloid)
ACen 2013-Bunny Themed Lolita Coord, Madoka Kaname (Puella Magi Madoka Magica), Fionna the Human (Adventure Time)
ACen 2014-Madoka Kaname (PMMM-100%), Mahiru Koizumi (SDR2-80%), Rei Ayanami (NGE-100%), Possibly Chiaki Nanami (SDR2-100%, borrowing from gf)

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users