Fake Female Gamers Brilliant Social Discovery!!!111

#31 User is offline   Trini 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 4588

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:57 PM

View PostFlyingElf, on 08 May 2011 - 02:27 PM, said:

I've definitely seen the girl who plays the I'm a gamer card. Then after a 5 minute conversation you find out the only games they've actually played is Kingdom Hearts or Pokemon. A few games does not make you a gamer...

I'm sorry. I didn't realize there was a quota to be filled before one could consider herself a gamer. =__=
dA | tumblr

'14 Cosplays:
Bianchi - KHR | Wooper gijinka or kigurumi - Pokemon | Chocolove - Shaman King (?) | Sable Able gijinka - Animal Crossing (?) | Bouffalant gijinka - Pokemon (?)

Self-proclaimed Ramune Connoisseur

#32 User is offline   Jeff 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 29995

Posted 08 May 2011 - 11:17 PM

It's an insecurity thing. The hobby is important to us, and a "gamer" needs to have an assortment of game experiences.
Love, Peace, & Video Games

#33 User is offline   DarkMimi 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 38289

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:32 AM

View PostJeff, on 08 May 2011 - 11:17 PM, said:

It's an insecurity thing. The hobby is important to us, and a "gamer" needs to have an assortment of game experiences.

I don't think it's necessarily an "insecurity" thing. I could personally care less if one plays a wide assortment of games or not. Those types of people (not just women) who play a few games and not a large variety are casual. Those who choose to expand their library a little more are in a range from "casual" to "hardcore". But, if I were to TALK to some girls who only played a very select few number of games, would I think they weren't into the hobby as much? Of course I would. I'd try to get them into playing something else, but if they don't want to then it's their loss.
2014 Cosplay Plans
Bioshock Infinite - Daisy Fitzroy (0% Completed)
Batman - Talia Al Gul (0% Completed)
Princess Peach: Military Style (0% Completed)

Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon X, and Borderlands 2
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel! HERE!!!
I <3 Friends Who Keep In Touch

#34 User is offline   Ultra Yak 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 47823

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:12 AM

I think this also falls under the category of "people who take advantage of any and everyone they get into contact with" also can be called "people to stay away from, regardless of looks/being a real female"..it just isnt worth the trouble
ACEN2012, "Ultra Yak!! in GetBack Feeling!"
His little boat coasted into the dock of the city named ACEN. It's shimmering lights made him blind to the chaos that would ensue within.
Soon he would learn that he would get back more than just the feelings lost in the year 2010.
Waiting in the one place he wouldn't look, until...

#35 User is offline   Foolish Humon 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 31104

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:45 AM

I for the life of me can not understand why people get so hung up on who is a "real gamer" and who isn't. People come up with their own criteria that needs to be met so they can be called a real gamer or in this situation for girls to be considered a gamer at all. As far as I'm concerned if you play game and would like to be considered a gamer, you are a gamer and you don't have to know clever super mario bros references to be one.

But concerning these women who pretend like they like video games just to impress someone... um... big deal? Everyone lies to impress the opposite sex, is it really such a sin to use video games as opposed to something else? I mean, I try to be as honest a person as I can be but even I find myself bending the truth or lying just to get on someones good side. For example, if I were to be talking to someone I am interested in and they tell me they like a show that I don't like I don't say "I don't like that show" because the other person might think less of me (not to say that they'd be like "he doesn't like this show? Then $%#& him!" but it just seems that people are more hung up on finding a soul mate and the more similar interests they have the closer they feel) instead I say something like "oh, I've not heard of that show" (even if I have) or maybe "yeah, its pretty neat". Lets face it, we just want other people to like us. I am opposed to people giving up their individuality to be liked, but at the same time being open to and exploring new ideas is always good. Granted there will be ones out there who just use their "I'm a hot gamer girl, get with me, tee hee" persona to take advantage of guys, but I'm sure there are plenty out there just trying to get someone to take notice and really find someone nice and I don't think we should let the rotten apples ruin it for everyone else.

This post has been edited by Foolish Humon: 09 May 2011 - 01:48 AM

"At the start Henry either dies or has sex, leaving not-Sarah to fall in love with or not in love with a shark, a squid, a pebble, a policeman or none or all of the above."
~*~ Behold my Manga, Cosplay, Artwork and Facebook ! ~*~
Look for me as time skip Sanji from One Piece at ACen 2012!

#36 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• Honorary Forum Therapist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 447

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:06 AM

View PostMansopp Longnose, on 08 May 2011 - 06:18 PM, said:

what about girl gamers, who turn out to be bots?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf2wbRWb9xI[/media]

View PostTrini, on 08 May 2011 - 10:57 PM, said:

I'm sorry. I didn't realize there was a quota to be filled before one could consider herself a gamer. =__=

There isn't a quota, but there are certain expectations of someone who puts a title to themselves. Just like you expect someone claiming to be a baker to know how to bake more than just cookies.
Armageddicon!!
Columbus, OH December 21-23, 2012
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/

#37 User is offline   Trini 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:13 AM

View PostFlyingElf, on 09 May 2011 - 02:06 AM, said:

There isn't a quota, but there are certain expectations of someone who puts a title to themselves. Just like you expect someone claiming to be a baker to know how to bake more than just cookies.

Since Foolish Humon's already said it,

View PostFoolish Humon, on 09 May 2011 - 01:45 AM, said:

I for the life of me can not understand why people get so hung up on who is a "real gamer" and who isn't. People come up with their own criteria that needs to be met so they can be called a real gamer or in this situation for girls to be considered a gamer at all. As far as I'm concerned if you play game and would like to be considered a gamer, you are a gamer and you don't have to know clever super mario bros references to be one.

Also, I wouldn't expect anyone who calls themselves a baker to bake anything other than what they say. Who am I to say they can't call themselves that just because they specialize in just the one thing?
dA | tumblr

'14 Cosplays:
Bianchi - KHR | Wooper gijinka or kigurumi - Pokemon | Chocolove - Shaman King (?) | Sable Able gijinka - Animal Crossing (?) | Bouffalant gijinka - Pokemon (?)

#38 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:39 AM

View PostTrini, on 09 May 2011 - 02:13 AM, said:

Since Foolish Humon's already said it,

Also, I wouldn't expect anyone who calls themselves a baker to bake anything other than what they say. Who am I to say they can't call themselves that just because they specialize in just the one thing?

You can call yourself whatever you want. There are still expectations that come with the title. By your definition I am a doctor, baker, scientist, psychologist, mathematician, plumber, electrician, and about a million other titles I can self gloss myself with cause I have totally done all those things at least once in my life. Somehow I think if I put all those on a job application though they're going to want to see a few more credentials and that is my point.
Armageddicon!!

#39 User is offline   Trini 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:56 AM

View PostFlyingElf, on 09 May 2011 - 02:39 AM, said:

You can call yourself whatever you want. There are still expectations that come with the title. By your definition I am a doctor, baker, scientist, psychologist, mathematician, plumber, electrician, and about a million other titles I can self gloss myself with cause I have totally done all those things at least once in my life. Somehow I think if I put all those on a job application though they're going to want to see a few more credentials and that is my point.

lol Okay. If you've "totally done all those things" then I must applaud you for being so multi-talented. Anyways, that's not what I said at all. "Who am I to say they can't call themselves that just because they specialize in just the one thing?" You doing something at least once doesn't mean you specialize in it and comparing a hobby to something you need a degree for is silly anyway. Last time I checked, I didn't have to go through a background check to play Viewtiful Joe. If you seriously think considering yourself a gamer requires credentials beyond playing a game, then you're possibly taking a bit too seriously sir.
dA | tumblr

'14 Cosplays:

#40 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2011 - 03:18 AM

View PostTrini, on 09 May 2011 - 02:56 AM, said:

You doing something at least once doesn't mean you specialize in it

Sweet, we agree!

Coming together in harmony is so awesome!
Armageddicon!!

#41 User is offline   Trini 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:28 AM

View PostFlyingElf, on 09 May 2011 - 03:18 AM, said:

Sweet, we agree!

Coming together in harmony is so awesome!

Indeed it is. (·ω~)d Though I doubt our points are getting through to each other, let's just leave it at that.
dA | tumblr

'14 Cosplays:

#42 User is offline   Pashy-chan 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 16936

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:19 AM

So much to read.. So many points made... hmmm... well, in regards to the last few posts.. I have to agree with Felf a bit. While everyone has the right to give theirselves a title and consider themselves whatever the hey they want, I feel that with gaming it's something different. Of course, this is only my opinion, but when it comes to gaming, it's almost like gaming itself is a community more than it is a hobby. This is something I've noticed strongly after coming to college. Just as highschool is filled with cliques, the gaming community is a clique in itself, and to consider yourself apart it's almost as if you have to fit the status quo.

While there is no direct definition of what is or isn't a gamer, if you proclaim yourself as one, like with any community, there are guidelines you have to abide by for members of that community to accept you as their own. By my personal definition of a gamer, I agree with the OP stating that there are many girls out there who take on this persona without actually embracing what the title means. When I see a girl wearing the atari garb, the hipster glasses, her gameboy necklace prancing around a gaming competition, boasting about how much of a "gamer" she is.. just to find out the only game she's played is Kingdom Hearts... well, it does irk me a little. While I technically have no right in saying what she is or isn't, putting on a title doesn't make you the title you claim to be. Like the analogy before, saying your a baker does not make you a baker. Do you have the right to say you are? Of course. But does that make you one? Not at all.

xD So.. I don't know.. well, I do know. Like with almost everything in life, there is always a criteria to fit. While you as an individual may not agree with it, it is a group as a whole that will judge and make that final casting call. To my entire dorm hall, I'm a gamer, heck, you couldn't convince my roommates otherwise. To the self-proclaimed gamers, I am not. Depending on who you are and who your with, groups will always judge you and give you a title, despite the title you may give yourself. If the title is false, respect that, and don't go prancing around trying to fit in, that's just annoying.

Of course.. this is just the way I see it, and as someone who doesn't consider herself a gamer, I have no right to speak for an entire community. At the same time, someone who poses as something, no matter what it is, is annoying.. =x=; I only broke down to post here as my sister has a friend who is the way the OP describes.. Boasts about how she's a gamer, constantly spouts gaming references that she herself doesn't even understand, and couldn't even tell you what MMO stood for.. It's just incredibly irritating.. For example: My sister invites her over one Saturday to bake cupcakes.. the entire time we bake..

Her: Tee-hee! The cake is a lie! The cake is a lie! The cake is a.... *Half an hour later..* The cake is a lie!!
Me:..You know that the cake wasn't even a lie, right?
Her: What are you saying!? The cake was a lie!
Me:...Have you even played Portal?
Her:...Yy...yeaaaaah, DUH and the cake was a lie! Jeeze!!
Me: Really? Because if you had played Portal, you'd know that it wasn't a lie. You'd also know the recipe.
Her:..What?! ..Let me google....Oh.....
Me: It's a chocolate cake.

ACen 2011: Cosplays have been determined-ish!!!!

Iris - Pokemon Black/White ::: 75%
Female Wario ::: 10%
Ganguro Gal ::: 90%

~TekoMuto Fangirl~

Hello, my name is Poshy...

#43 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 11087

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:22 AM

Women don't need to fake an interest in video games to get into my pants. ;)
I'm easy, unless you're a total uggo.
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

FaceBook:Cedric Paul Mamuri DeviantART:PrayerPolice Instagram:PrayerPolice Pinterest:Prayer Police
Twitter:@PrayerPolice XBox gamertag:Prayer Police PS3 account ID:PrayerPolice Steam:Prayer Police

2014 cosplays: Doge......just Doge.

#44 User is offline   SJAkarma22 

• Akwardly Insane
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 59852

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:32 AM

View Postcactusmomma, on 08 May 2011 - 10:04 PM, said:

If you want to be taken seriously, don't let it be known you're a girl. Don't act like you want special treatment. Just whoop them down, THEN turn your mic on later.

That IS the best! - I'm not a gamer girl, but I am a girl who plays games...lol whatever not legendary gamer, but what I do know or don't IS not for dudes. I've known a girl or two who do the "I play games too", they throw out all sorts of random tidbits that are well known and thats where I learned from cuz I got annoyed! If I play games it's for me whoop just throwing it out there. I rarely use gaming as my pick-up-a-dude line...
As long as there is Trust, there is Betrayal
I will lay at your feet while you rule the world

CONLIST:
ANIME CENTRAL April 27-29 2012-ANIME DETOUR June 30 -July 1 2012

#45 User is offline   HiroEcks 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59556

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:39 AM

View PostPrayer Police, on 09 May 2011 - 11:22 AM, said:

Women don't need to fake an interest in video games to get into my pants. ;)
I'm easy, unless you're a total uggo.

Amen, brother.
My friends call me HADOUKEN because I'm down (▼) right (►) FIERCE!
Get it??

Thursday Late Night Meet n' Greet v3

♫ HiroEcks sings? ♫
♫ and does covers? ♫

#46 User is offline   MuffinSquire 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 58477

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:36 PM

View PostBeserkiera, on 08 May 2011 - 09:48 AM, said:

Guys playing as girls on MMORPGs is quite interesting. Something to think about is the term "identity tourism" which is the phenomenon where one takes on another identity and draws from the experience a false understanding of the hardships.

For example, a male playing a female might get more help on quests or free items from other players. [snip]

Other guys just say they play a female because they don't want to stare at a dude FANNY all day.

I play WoW with my boyfriend. He plays a female blood elf because when he wanted to roll a paladin, only belfs could be them and the males have silly looking cast animations. On the other hand, my hunter is a male troll because I like the bow animation and female trolls are weird and supertall.

But really, the kind of girl that would lie about being a gamer to get to know someone probably either wants to be a gamer, or is lying about other things as well.
Also, point of interest: a lot of people are more than just "gamers." I play video games, MMOs and tabletop RPGs, but I'm studying to be a sequential art major. I also loves me some blogging. Just because you put down your pink x-box controller for a couple of days does not mean that you aren't a gamer anymore.
Yo.

#47 User is offline   ranefea 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 6584

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:35 PM

As for the "fake gamer" topic, there are plenty of people out there that do that type of thing, and not just with gaming. I've known people who have faked interest or conformed completely to something they were not just for attention from someone. One person went as far as starting to go to church and acting religious just to look good in the eyes of this overly religious guy she had a crush on. But I've known plenty who have done this same thing with gaming, too. It's very irksome when someone pretends to be something they're not.

For the what defines a gamer, I agree with what Pashy-chan said:

While there is no direct definition of what is or isn't a gamer, if you proclaim yourself as one, like with any community, there are guidelines you have to abide by for members of that community to accept you as their own. By my personal definition of a gamer, I agree with the OP stating that there are many girls out there who take on this persona without actually embracing what the title means. When I see a girl wearing the atari garb, the hipster glasses, her gameboy necklace prancing around a gaming competition, boasting about how much of a "gamer" she is.. just to find out the only game she's played is Kingdom Hearts... well, it does irk me a little. While I technically have no right in saying what she is or isn't, putting on a title doesn't make you the title you claim to be. Like the analogy before, saying your a baker does not make you a baker. Do you have the right to say you are? Of course. But does that make you one? Not at all.

Someone who has only played Pokemon and calls him or herself a gamer, then yeah, probably misrepresented. But the term is going to be defined differently by different people. Some guy who plays nothing but crappy FPS games on his XBox might consider himself a gamer but won't consider the kid who likes adventure and RPGs a gamer.

Also, concerning the gamer title thing, what about those like myself who don't really have the time to play many games anymore? I work two jobs (technically three if you consider freelancing) as well as am working on my Master's degree. I have no choice but to be extremely choosy about the very few games I get the time to play and have played over the past few years. We might have no choice but to go weeks without playing a game, so can those in this situation no longer consider themselves gamers or proudly wear the t-shirts and other items that reference back to gaming, even though thats where our roots are and interests still lie? I'm just trying to put some things in a little bit more perspective in regards to those that don't play many games but call themselves gamers. =3

And to what MuffinSquire said:

But really, the kind of girl that would lie about being a gamer to get to know someone probably either wants to be a gamer, or is lying about other things as well.
Also, point of interest: a lot of people are more than just "gamers." I play video games, MMOs and tabletop RPGs, but I'm studying to be a sequential art major. I also loves me some blogging. Just because you put down your pink x-box controller for a couple of days does not mean that you aren't a gamer anymore.

That is so true. You can have multiple interests and you have to make time for them as fits your lifestyle. ^_^

This post has been edited by ranefea: 09 May 2011 - 01:38 PM

My deviantART
My Cosplay Page

ACen 2014 Cosplay

Friday: Link - The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Saturday: Leafeon Gijinka - Pokemon
Sunday: Kotoha - Arata Kangatari

#48 User is offline   Matt 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 1225

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:01 PM

Would "booth babes" (some of them, anyway) be a special category of fake female gamers? In most cases, these models seem to give off false impressions to impressionable gamers, like because they represent the games they must also enjoy playing the games. However, I saw a G4 special about "booth babes", and some of them seemed to be serious gamers. I wonder if the same can be said about bikini models at car shows ... (similar gimmick, but probably different results in terms of the models being interested in cars).
:heart: <span style='color:Magenta'>Proud Secretary of the Plushy Guardian Alliance</span> :heart:

:heart: <span style='color:Blue'>Soldier in The Glomp Team </span> :heart:

<span style='color:DarkSlateBlue'>Member of the Anime Central Association for the Advancement of Bunnykind</span>

#49 User is offline   Gabichox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59269

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:02 PM

View Postranefea, on 09 May 2011 - 01:35 PM, said:

Someone who has only played Pokemon and calls him or herself a gamer, then yeah, probably misrepresented. But the term is going to be defined differently by different people. Some guy who plays nothing but crappy FPS games on his XBox might consider himself a gamer but won't consider the kid who likes adventure and RPGs a gamer.

I've been wanting to mention this lol. It's one of the main reasons why I STOPPED calling myself a gamer because FPS is all the rage now and if you don't play them, you're not considered a gamer. I know plenty of guys in my school call me a fake gamer because I focus more on survival horror and RPG rather than FPS :/
We're all going to fit some criteria for certain types of people and then not fit some for others. Sad sad world. Whatever happened to that good old phrase "labels are for soup cans"....

Also, OP, I agree with MuffinSquire as well.. Who's to say that she didn't just get bored of gaming for a while and chose to focus on something different. Sometimes people have bursts of inspiration for something else. I used to RP day in and day out on livejournal and stopped a while ago. Doesn't make me a fake RPer for it. Perhaps you just misinterpreted it as her pretending to like games just to get a guy. It's not as if it's impossible despite the fact that there ARE girls that will lie.
ACen 2014 cosplay;
Donald Duck - [Thursday]
Elf - Dragon's Crown [Friday]
Agnès Oblige!Freelancer - Bravely Default [Saturday]

#50 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:01 PM

View PostGabichox, on 09 May 2011 - 04:02 PM, said:

I've been wanting to mention this lol. It's one of the main reasons why I STOPPED calling myself a gamer because FPS is all the rage now and if you don't play them, you're not considered a gamer. I know plenty of guys in my school call me a fake gamer because I focus more on survival horror and RPG rather than FPS :/
We're all going to fit some criteria for certain types of people and then not fit some for others. Sad sad world. Whatever happened to that good old phrase "labels are for soup cans"....

See I'd disagree with that statement. I agree, there is no set of prerequisites to being a gamer. Hell, you're probably doing yourself a favor by not playing Black Ops, but you should probably at least be familiar with the name and not stare at someone blankly if they mention it in conversation. Gaming is diverse enough that you don't need to bother learning every intricacy of every genre. Hell It simply is not worth your time unless you are studying it academically. Kinda like I don't expect every anime fan to have watched Sailor Moon. I do expect them to know what Sailor Moon is.

Then again I'm probably just repeating myself at this point.

And speaking of survival horror, holy crap Amnesia...Been playing that lately...
Armageddicon!!

#51 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:19 PM

View PostMatt, on 09 May 2011 - 02:01 PM, said:

Would "booth babes" (some of them, anyway) be a special category of fake female gamers? In most cases, these models seem to give off false impressions to impressionable gamers, like because they represent the games they must also enjoy playing the games. However, I saw a G4 special about "booth babes", and some of them seemed to be serious gamers. I wonder if the same can be said about bikini models at car shows ... (similar gimmick, but probably different results in terms of the models being interested in cars).

It's mostly sex appeal than anything else because society seems to think:

men: sex driven animals so thus anything with appeal or hints of sex will interest or appeal to them.

I worked in a bolts and machine tools convention one time and the biggest booth in the whole show had half naked girls dancing on top of a bar and beer/food being passed around. The girls didn't know nothing about wrenches or industrial power tools, there were just there for the attention grabbing.

Actually all the big booths had girls with little clothing passing around stuff now that I think about it expect for the mom and pop stores.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#52 User is offline   Gabichox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59269

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:32 PM

View PostFlyingElf, on 09 May 2011 - 07:01 PM, said:

See I'd disagree with that statement. I agree, there is no set of prerequisites to being a gamer. Hell, you're probably doing yourself a favor by not playing Black Ops, but you should probably at least be familiar with the name and not stare at someone blankly if they mention it in conversation. Gaming is diverse enough that you don't need to bother learning every intricacy of every genre. Hell It simply is not worth your time unless you are studying it academically. Kinda like I don't expect every anime fan to have watched Sailor Moon. I do expect them to know what Sailor Moon is.

Then again I'm probably just repeating myself at this point.

And speaking of survival horror, holy crap Amnesia...Been playing that lately...

/sigh/ I wish I could replace the guys in my school with you then. :/ Even though I am familiar with the FPS titles, [My dad LOVES fps lol] they don't take me seriously because I don't worship and play them 24/7. and I agree with what you said. It's good to at least be familiar with what's going on in the world of gaming and know of the titles.

Amnesiaaaa!! I keep meaning to play that. I've only played with my friends but I want to try by myself. ufufuf
ACen 2014 cosplay;
Donald Duck - [Thursday]
Elf - Dragon's Crown [Friday]
Agnès Oblige!Freelancer - Bravely Default [Saturday]

#53 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:49 PM

Ladies, I don't care if you play video games or not.
The only thing that matters is.............boobs?
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

FaceBook:Cedric Paul Mamuri DeviantART:PrayerPolice Instagram:PrayerPolice Pinterest:Prayer Police
Twitter:@PrayerPolice XBox gamertag:Prayer Police PS3 account ID:PrayerPolice Steam:Prayer Police

#54 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:40 PM

View PostGabichox, on 09 May 2011 - 07:32 PM, said:

/sigh/ I wish I could replace the guys in my school with you then. :/ Even though I am familiar with the FPS titles, [My dad LOVES fps lol] they don't take me seriously because I don't worship and play them 24/7. and I agree with what you said. It's good to at least be familiar with what's going on in the world of gaming and know of the titles.

Amnesiaaaa!! I keep meaning to play that. I've only played with my friends but I want to try by myself. ufufuf

Well thank you. I do try to be pretty awesome.

As for Amnesia, wait until midnight, turn off all the lights, crank the volume, and just scare the living crap out of yourself...If you dare...
Armageddicon!!

#55 User is offline   Von 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 59930

Posted 10 May 2011 - 12:48 AM

We should just clone these chicks...problem solved ;)

http://www.fragdolls.com/us/index.php
The first qualification of a general-in-chief is a cool head; that is, a head which receives just impressions, and estimates things and objects at their real value.  He must not allow himself to be elated by good news or depressed by bad.  The impressions he receives, either successively or simultaneously in the course of the day, should be so classed as to take up only the exact place in his mind they deserve to occupy... - Emperor Napoleon I

See in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend, those with loaded guns and those who dig. -The Good

...but you know the pity is when I'm paid I always follow my job through... -The Bad

When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -The Ugly

#56 User is offline   LC Asuka 

• Main Events ADH
  • Pip
  • Group: Forum Staff
  • Member No.: 17129

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:11 AM

View Postcactusmomma, on 08 May 2011 - 10:04 PM, said:

If you want to be taken seriously, don't let it be known you're a girl. Don't act like you want special treatment. Just whoop them down, THEN turn your mic on later.

Meh - I always have my mic on, mostly because I don't give a carp about others knowing my gender. If they're foolish enough to give me special treatment, I'll make sure they regret it. Plus, it doesn't help when I go to gaming tournaments with my clan...it's kind of hard to hide your gender there. *laughs* Although it was fun when I used to compete waaaay back in the day on Soul Calibur II and the guys I'd be up against thought the chick they were against was a joke entry. One guy went out of his way to play Ivy - a character he never plays - because I used Ivy...he wanted to "show me how boys played". Then I let it slip that I was nationally ranked, and proceeded to demolish him. Yeah....he shut up after that.

Back on topic. There will always be girls posing as gamers, much akin to guys pretending to like girl stuff to impress us. It's just the way of things, and it's something I tend to ignore as to avoid excessive eye-rolling.

And as for the best Sonic game thingamabob - am I the only person that not only loved Sonic Spinball, but still plays it religiously on SUGC? *cough*

Main Programming Assistant Manager ~ 2014
Main Programming Staff
~ 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
2014 Cosplay ~ Third Doctor, Magishine/Solaris Knight
I've reversed the polarity of the neutron flow.

#57 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2011 - 09:35 AM

View PostPrayer Police, on 09 May 2011 - 07:49 PM, said:

Ladies, I don't care if you play video games or not.
The only thing that matters is.............boobs?

Hey I remember that episode LOL.

Double standards are always funny.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#58 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:07 AM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 10 May 2011 - 09:35 AM, said:

Hey I remember that episode LOL.

Double standards are always funny.

Double standards are bad.....unless they're the good ones that only benefit guys. :mellow:
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

#59 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:23 AM

View PostPrayer Police, on 10 May 2011 - 10:07 AM, said:

Double standards are bad.....unless they're the good ones that only benefit guys. :mellow:

ಠ_ಠ
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#60 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:30 AM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 10 May 2011 - 10:23 AM, said:

ಠ_ಠ

:) :pirate2:
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users