Anime Central Forums: The stares you get while walking to Mcdonalds.. - Anime Central Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The stares you get while walking to Mcdonalds.. In your cosplay.

#31 User is offline   SJAkarma22 

• Akwardly Insane
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 59852

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:23 AM

Those are all hilarious. I just remember being able to walk through the drive-thru... I don't know if you still can but we almost got into an altercation with a driver lady.... My friend is really headstrong and says her thoughts/rants, The lady honked at us and such... my friend turns around and freaks out lady gets out of her car; her daughter was trying to get her back in the car. Then I stepped in and had to diffuse the situation. It may not have been a funny stare thing but I just remember that lady couldn’t handle it. It all ended fairly well (no one hurt or in trouble) but she was going to run us over... so crazy!(this was about 5 years ago)

This post has been edited by SJAkarma22: 09 May 2011 - 11:24 AM

As long as there is Trust, there is Betrayal
I will lay at your feet while you rule the world

CONLIST:
ANIME CENTRAL April 27-29 2012-ANIME DETOUR June 30 -July 1 2012

#32 User is offline   Washu Takahashi 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 56275

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:35 PM

I've got two stories, though neither are from acen xD

I was heading back from wizard World (held at the same place as Acen) with my friends and we stopped at a Mcdonalds 30 minutes away. My friends were dressed relatively normal but everyone was staring at me because I had on a neon blue wig xD

At Kollision my friend and I got hungry so we went to the mall across the street. I'm wearing my Pachirisu outfit minus the tail (so giant foam feet and a neon blue wig) she was normal, minus a husky tail. The mall was packed and everyone was staring at us. We finally found an insanely packed McDonalds in the mall, and once we sat down to eat these 3 guys (pretty darn cute ones xD) Walked over and were like "Are you from anime?" And we answered yes. and they were completely awestruck and asked why. We told them there was a con next door and they flipped out. Said they'd try to get in xD
ACen 2015 Plans
Maki (1, 2, Jump! or Wonderful Rush) [Love Live! School Idol Project] 100% or 0%
Honey Lemon (Battle Version) [Big Hero 6] 30%
Ikuto Tsukiyomi (Black Lynx) [Shugo Chara!] 0%

Moved to 2016: Ryuho (Final Armour Version) [s-CRY-ed] 0%

Add me on Facebook! Washu Takashi Cosplay

#33 User is offline   linlindesu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 18292

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:12 PM

I remember going to C2E2 and getting compliments for my costume for some random city dwellers :]

And just last week, someone remembered me as "Babydoll from C2E2" @_@;

But yeah... Mcdonalds... I get honked at a lot =_=;
I have a Bookface I have a Bird Sound my snark level is over 9000 : ]
2014 Cosplay (mayhaps?)
Compa- hyperdimension nep nep
Heather- Silent hill 3
Poison Ivy- Batman

#34 User is offline   xPropaganda 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 60119

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:52 PM

I remember one time I heard some d-bags heckling a girl at Arby's. Dunno who she was cosplaying, but the mall was right across the street having a mini-con. I walked up to her (she flinched, like I was gonna join in), and said "f*** those guys, you look awesome", and walked out. Kinda regret not continuing the conversation, because she went super red in the face lol
Proud geek

#35 User is offline   IchigoKitKat 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 58822

Posted 09 May 2011 - 08:36 PM

Not really related to Mcdonalds or Acen, but today my guy friend and I went to Jimmy John's before our photoshoot. The cashier stared at us funny and my friend had to have a mini speech as always ^^;; It kind of upsets me when he does. I always tell him "Who cares if they stare D: Stop giving them an explanation unless they ask."
Surprise Cosplay!

2011 COSPLAY
Luka-JBF Vocaloid
Katara- Avatar the Last Airbender

#36 User is offline   Animexcel 

• Production Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 80

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:15 PM

View PostAshori, on 07 May 2011 - 09:32 PM, said:

This is my brother's story, but still makes me laugh. XD

I think it was two years ago, he and a bunch of his friends were staying at A-Cen and decided to go to McDonald's one of the nights (I believe he said it was around 10pm). They decided to go through the drive-thru, despite not having a car, and acted like they were driving a car. Made all the noises, pretending to steer, etc. - the guy at the drive-thru window had the WTF? expression on their face as gave them their food and such. XD Still cracks me up that they actually ordered, got their food, and then went back to their room that way.

Oh my goodness, me and my friend did the same thing! Only it was ACen 2003 I think lol.. You couldn't order McDs inside when it was late, but the drive-thru was still open. We just walked up to the menu thing and spoke through the speaker phone. The girl at the drive thru window started giggling when me and my friend pretended to sit and drive. xD
ACen Mascot Artist

#37 User is offline   Neko_master_Luna 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 28689

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:33 PM

Haver gotten that in other hotels that have business cons at same time. Honestly, have gotten the same amount of honks, waves & " Whoo Acen!"as I have the weird stares, the first time, made a business man fall out of his seat, That was great. Id didn't do it on purpose, but it was so funny because of his unnecessary freak out stare.
Currently writing a book.

#38 User is offline   Trini 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 4588

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:48 PM

I just remembered another non-ACen related story, though it is McD's related. Some friends and I were going home from a meet dressed in manba (an example), but we stopped at a McD's on the way. The people in there did so many double takes, it was kinda funny. My friends ordered their food before me while the cashier was like ºAº; the entire time. When I finally got up to the register she glanced at my friends and then back to me and whispered "Are you guys coming from a play?" like she was afraid of offending us. I just explained to her that it was a fashion. She and I had a good laugh about it when she told me what she was thinking when we came in.
dA | tumblr

'14 Cosplays:
Bianchi - KHR | Wooper gijinka or kigurumi - Pokemon | Chocolove - Shaman King (?) | Sable Able gijinka - Animal Crossing (?) | Bouffalant gijinka - Pokemon (?)

Self-proclaimed Ramune Connoisseur

#39 User is offline   DarkMimi 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 38289

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:17 PM

View PostAnimexcel, on 09 May 2011 - 09:15 PM, said:

Oh my goodness, me and my friend did the same thing! Only it was ACen 2003 I think lol.. You couldn't order McDs inside when it was late, but the drive-thru was still open. We just walked up to the menu thing and spoke through the speaker phone. The girl at the drive thru window started giggling when me and my friend pretended to sit and drive. xD

XD I just discussed the idea of walking through the drive-thru (even though we do have a car in our small group) for the hell of it. Sounds fun. Goodness knows the stares I'll get being dressed as Ramona AND coming from the rave.
2014 Cosplay Plans
Bioshock Infinite - Daisy Fitzroy (0% Completed)
Batman - Talia Al Gul (0% Completed)
Princess Peach: Military Style (0% Completed)

Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon X, and Borderlands 2
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel! HERE!!!
I <3 Friends Who Keep In Touch

#40 User is offline   Ashori 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 10991

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:28 PM

I never walked to the McDonald's myself, but I think this year I'll take my friend (since it's her first year going to A-Cen) and make our walk down there. Possibly record it as well for the fun of it, just to say we did it and laugh at the memory. XD

It seems to be a "rite of passage" at A-Cen to walk to the McDonald's. XD

This post has been edited by Ashori: 09 May 2011 - 11:28 PM

Cosplay Status: Maya Kitajima - Bianca Mask (Pirate Form - 100%; Glass Mask), Lucy Heartfilia (2%; Fairy Tail), Castle of Hearts Alice Liddell (100%; Kuni no Alice series)
My dA | My YouTube Page | My FF.Net Page

#41 User is offline   Briefasa 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 15562

Posted 10 May 2011 - 12:56 AM

I can't really remember noticing the stares to McD's.
My favorite experience is (it was one of those things that terrified me at first but now can laugh about) I was on the train with some of my friends in costumes leaving Chicago and there was this one most likely intoxicated man pacing up and down the train cars. First time he passed us he looked at me and was all "Hey, blondie! You got a bow in yer hair" (I was Belarus from Hetalia.) The second time he walked by he was talking to the Finland in our group about how all these people have their Santa hats and stuff. Creepy like woah, but now that it's been about 5 or so months, it's capable of laughs.

Another one in my Belarus costume was being mistaken by a lady in the city (again) for being Snow White. Alice I can understand but this =/= this.

Oh! And there was Soycon 2009. Apparently my mom's cousin and husband were in the city that day. Her husband said he thought we were the gay pride parade. It made me quite happy XD

#42 User is offline   Santa Finland 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59766

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:42 AM

This year is my first time to ACEN but I got a great story from Naka-Kon. So I'm cosplaying Lucy from Elfen Lied and I go to this mall across the street from the hotel to get some dinner. A group of high school kids saw me from a distance and said "I like your hair and your ears" and as I get closer "Why are you bleeding?" It always cracks me up thinking about that.

Another person simply asked what was going on and I explained it. She asked "So you dress like this the whole weekend?" I replied with "Well, I got a different costume for each day." She said "Of course, you do." I don't know why but I find that funny.

View PostSirArthurKirkland, on 06 May 2011 - 05:47 PM, said:

Oh oh oh!! I got one (but its not all that great and not from acen..) xD Okay so for Kollision cons inagural year....I was cosplaying as Sebastian...and thus once I was getting hungry, there was an Ikea near by (No mcdonalds or any fast food place really :/) ......nothing much but i do admit going to Ikea out of all places would be weird to be in cosplay considering its not even a restaurant fully ^^. Plus the place was packed!!!! and I wanted icecream and had to wait in line....people were wondering and all that jazz, but since my cosplay was a butler uniform. I just looked formal so nothing really happened...but still... cosplaying in ikea guuys~! ^^ I was going to go to mcdonalds...way cheaper..

That just makes me think, a Sweden cosplayer in Ikea would be epic.

This post has been edited by Santa Finland: 10 May 2011 - 07:49 AM

ACen 2014 Cosplays:
flapper!fem!America (Hetalia - Original design)
maid!Nitori (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club)
Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan)
Lara Croft (Tomb Raider 2013)

#43 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 10 May 2011 - 09:49 AM

View PostSanta Finland, on 10 May 2011 - 07:42 AM, said:

That just makes me think, a Sweden cosplayer in Ikea would be epic.

LMAO! DO WANT.

*coughs* I mean wow.

Cosplaying in Mcds is always a thing at Acen. You will be shocked on how many people are there and the stares from all the normal people who only go to O'hare =w=
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#44 User is offline   Neko_master_Luna 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 28689

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:59 AM

Isn't illegal to walk through a drive through nowadays? Either way, most place will refuse service for walkers now, because too many places have been robbed that way. I do remember years ago, walking through a Burger King to beg for spoons. We had bought ice cream from the near by Jewel, but forgot spoons to eat it with. They were kind enough to give us some! ^_^
Currently writing a book.

#45 User is offline   Rukariou 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59353

Posted 10 May 2011 - 12:05 PM

View PostNeko_master_Luna, on 10 May 2011 - 11:59 AM, said:

Isn't illegal to walk through a drive through nowadays? Either way, most place will refuse service for walkers now, because too many places have been robbed that way. I do remember years ago, walking through a Burger King to beg for spoons. We had bought ice cream from the near by Jewel, but forgot spoons to eat it with. They were kind enough to give us some! ^_^

I don't believe it's illegal but it's highly discouraged. I remember when we worked at McD it wasn't just for our safety, but the customers as well. Since we'd only get walk ups when the lobby closed at night there was always the chance they'd get hit by a car.
2012 cosplays; Katherine McBride [ Catherine ] | Rachel Alucard [ Blazblue ]
2012 CONS; Anime Detour | Anime Central | Otakon
Currently watching; . . . | Currently playing; Catherine
PSN ID: Rukariou - hit me up if you wanna play some Little Big Planet or kick my butt at Blazblue!

"In the name of the big white thingy in the sky, Tao will punish you!" - Taokaka, Blazblue Continuum Shift

#46 User is offline   Snow_Storm 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 58697

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:11 AM

View PostA True Elsewhere, on 06 May 2011 - 06:38 PM, said:

Another shorter story.. That same year I attended Anime St. Louis, and we were sharing the convention center with a NRA (National Rifle Association) event. Lots of old guys in camouflage, a pretty conservative crowd.. This old couple with them asked a girl what was going on and she told them about the convention, and then they were like: "Oh! We wondered! There're all these teeny boppers running around in skimpy bikinis!!" And I remember thinking to myself that, yeah, that's an anime convention all right. :P

Ah, the NRA Vs. ASTL 2009 story. Heard many of tales of that. Where you at ASTL 2010 when we had to share the convention center with a bunch of young dancers and their crazy mothers?

I perhaps gotten a few stares at my time at Natsucon 2010, Anime St. Louis 2010 and 2011 but I never notice or bother to care, so no stories from me!
ACen 2014 Cosplay List (Final)

Goat-Kun (Umineko no Naku Koro Ni) - Friday
Garterbelt (Panty and Stocking) - Saturday
Coach (Left 4 Dead 2) - Thursay (maybe), Saturday

#47 User is offline   Bachelor Frog 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 59329

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:26 AM

It's cuz we're freaks and outcasts of society ..oh well!
"Pay for the Ticket. Take the ride." - Hunter S. Thompson

#48 User is offline   A True Elsewhere 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 17804

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:55 PM

View PostSnow_Storm, on 14 May 2011 - 11:11 AM, said:

Ah, the NRA Vs. ASTL 2009 story. Heard many of tales of that. Where you at ASTL 2010 when we had to share the convention center with a bunch of young dancers and their crazy mothers?

No, I'd only been that one time... The NRA convention was enough for me, I think. Haha.. - Generally I only go to two cons a year, ACen, and Anime Milwaukee.
ACen '07 Cosplay: Mamimi from FLCL
ACen '08 Cosplay: Akari-chan from Aria the Animation
ACen '09 Cosplay: Mithos from Tales of Symphonia
ACen '10 Cosplay: Shinooka from Oofuri/Big Windup!
ACen '11 Cosplay: Ayase from No Money (Okane ga nai!)
ACen '11 Cosplay: Adele from Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2
ACen '12 Cosplay: TinTin from 'The Adventures of TinTin'
ACen '13 Cosplay: Hibari from Senran Kagura

#49 User is offline   Fimbulvinter 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 58831

Posted 16 May 2011 - 12:41 AM

I went as Hatsune Miku once at Mcdonalds a few weeks ago, this litte girl who sat behind me kepy asking "Mommy? Why does that person have blue hair??" and her mom said "Shh, dont talk about weird people so loudly...!" ^^' I got a bit of nasty comments from the local jocks at my school, but the cashier asked if I was in a play, when I explained what cosplay was she said I made her day xD oh my.
!*~ACen 2015 Cosplays~*!

Kirishima Ayato- Tokyo Ghoul
Luvoratorrrrry! Kagamine Rin- Vocaloid
Nishinoya Yuu- Haikyuu!!
Foxfire Ahri- League of Legends

#50 User is offline   Shinamura 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 58903

Posted 16 May 2011 - 04:48 AM

LOL i heard So many people yelling, "Hey its rorschach!" And my inner jerk kicks in with "HEY! Drive your car Dip^&%$!" Yeah.... I'm not the nicest person in the world but I'm honest.
"Whats the point of having boobs if I dont use them to my advantage?"

-a random conversation at acen 2010.

#51 User is offline   Oreo_Otaku 

• Registration
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 2339
  • Location:inside your mind... I'm a figment of your imagination

Posted 16 May 2011 - 06:35 AM

View PostMock-Kappa, on 07 May 2011 - 09:03 AM, said:

I wonder how long until Oreo posts his story from a few years ago. I still wish I'd been there to take reaction photos.

I have no idea what you're talking about :lol: Nope, nothing special about a certain cosplay walking back from McD's. ;)
[center]How's my driving? Flip FOB Driver Pro: Oreo_Otaku. Comments? CALL: 111-555-9999
If you can read this you get a pat on the back.
I drank GOD and it is good!!!
Part of POWA*PinoyOneWorldAlliance*
ninja>pirates!
Acen Hamburglar

#52 User is offline   Mystline 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 35204

Posted 16 May 2011 - 12:59 PM

View PostBachelor Frog, on 14 May 2011 - 11:26 AM, said:

It's cuz we're freaks and outcasts of society ..oh well!

I actually think we're bi-winning. :P

Last year some people took pictures of us, and one rolled down her window to high five me. :)
I've had good reactions so far... The "o____e" stares don't count.

This post has been edited by Mystline: 16 May 2011 - 01:00 PM

#53 User is offline   Scott 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9607

Posted 22 May 2011 - 08:16 PM

View PostMystline, on 16 May 2011 - 12:59 PM, said:

I actually think we're bi-winning. :P

That! :thumbup:

#54 User is offline   Teebs 

• IRT Operative
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 29124

Posted 22 May 2011 - 09:31 PM

I stay off-site from housing during ACen, and I walked out of my relatives house covered in blood (was cosplaying as Keiichi from Higurashi) and her neighbor ran back into the house. I also made a little girl scream until I got into my car and left. But I also did get plenty of stairs while at Steak n Shake too... I don't mind the stares though haha
Years Attended ACen (4): 2009, 2010(Reg), 2011(IRT), 2012(IRT) | 2013 Con Plans: Anime ZAP, UChi-Con, Anime Central, Anime Midwest, SoyCon, Ramencon

ACen 2013 COSPLAYS: Takashi Komuro - High School Of The Dead (90%), Kazuto Kirigaya (Kirito, SAO Version) - Sword Art Online (100%), Keiichi Maebara - Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni (100%)

MyAnimeList! | Facebook? < if you decide to add me, make sure to say you're from ACen or I'll probably ignore it
GO CUBS! (RIP Ron Santo 1940-2010)

#55 User is offline   WeirdKanjiGirl 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59016

Posted 22 May 2011 - 10:58 PM

I was with two people I had met at a cosplay meetup, right up on the intersection right across from the McDonalds. We were trolls from Homestuck, meaning that we had grey skin and face fins attached to us, and top make things even better, I had a large blue rifle and one of the others had a large trident. So, since two of us were dressed as the same character, we decided to have a little photo op of us trying to kill each other while waiting to cross. Right in front of the street. We kinda looked around and one of us was like "Holy Crap everyone is looking at us like we're crazy~" and we spent the time afterwards waving at passing cars XD
Cosplay Time!
ACen 2009: Madotsuki (Yume Nikki)
ACen 2010: Rinnosuke Morichika (Touhou Project)
ACen 2011: Eridan Ampora (Hivebent/Homestuck)
ACen 2012: Friday: Death (Problem Sleuth)
Saturday: Eridan Ampora (God Tier) (Hivebent/Homestuck)

#56 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17338
  • Location:Wanted in the Seireitei for impersonating Byakuya Kuchiki

Posted 23 May 2011 - 07:02 PM

Me and two of my friends were honked at and called nerds while walking back from McDonalds. (It was me as Link, the friend who was Devil Misa, and our male friend who was in...normal clothes.) I was too tired to heckle back, so I simply said, "At least we're not the ones heading to a d-bag convention." and high-fives were all around.
ACen 2014 Cosplay ("From the Spirit World"):
Fem!Ikkaku Madarame (Bleach) :: San (Princess Mononoke) :: Boogiepop/Touka Miyashita (Boogiepop Phantom)

#57 User is offline   OneWing 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 3929

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:12 AM

What a great thread lol. This year, I was Wesker from Resident Evil 1, my girlfriend was Kosmos from Xenosaga, her sister was Nurse Joy from Pokemon, our friend was Scorpion from Mortal Kombat, and we had two friends who were not in cosplay. On our way back from Mcdonalds, three business men stopped us and asked, "now what is this? what is this from?" which my girlfriend responded were in costume for a convention, I said were from video games. Noticing one of them eyeing up my girlfriends under cleavage, I said in a sarcastic chummy voice and body movement with thumbs up "where are YOU guys from, they all responded "Boston" so they all did the ahh yea, okay well cool kind of reactions and we laughed smiled and had awkward silence all within 30-45 seconds. It was pretty funny. I noticed them walking to the Westin.

All of the honks, stares and looks from the cars are just so priceless, it makes me want to go to Mcdonalds every day of acen. "Hey Bob guess what I saw on the way to the office today!!" I love it!

This post has been edited by OneWing: 24 May 2011 - 07:13 AM

I am "flowin' with life in a warrior type manner." || Forgive and forget. :) || Proud Member of the Shy Otaku Syndicate <3
Previous cosplay: '05: Cloud from FFVII:AC '07: Thu+Fri: Kakashi | Fri Masq Ball: Reno (FFVII:AC) | Sat: Cloud (FFVII:AC) | Sun: Uriel (Angel Sanctuary)
Cosplay for '08: Thurs: Casual Kenashi-Sama[/u] | Fri: Cloud FFVIIAC (surprise saved for '09) | Sat: Solid Snake + Z.O.E. box - MGS1 version FOR MASQ
Cosplay for '09: Locke - Final Fantasy VI || Vamp - MGS4 || Cosplay for '10: Kuja ;3
//Thank you so much to the people who like my cosplay, it means a lot - and glomps to the people who freaking knew my Z.O.E. box for Snake!\\
ACen 2008 Walk-Ons: My Solid Snake: http://www.acparadise.com/acp/vid/3737 || My wonderful friends as Malice Mizer (<3 Kami): http://www.acparadise.com/acp/vid/3718

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users