Anime Central Forums: Rude anime fans - Anime Central Forums

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rude anime fans The ones you can't stand....

#91 User is offline   NinjaJedi007 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 59569

Posted 14 May 2011 - 02:10 PM

^ I also second the above
Dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

#92 User is offline   Trini 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 4588

Posted 14 May 2011 - 02:48 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 14 May 2011 - 11:27 AM, said:

A lot of guys feel that they can get laid more at anime cons due to the nature, slight sense of anon, and the rush from doing something you enjoy and getting attention from it.

Sadly a lot of people reinforce this stereotype.

But! It doesn't mean it's true!

I just had a discussion about this with a friend of mine. We were on the topic of how guys and girls look at other cosplayers and got onto the subject of convention stereotypes. Now, my friend is the type of person who says he hates stereotypes and it's ignorant, etc. That being said, I was surprised when he said only females care about cosplays and dudes just want to take someone to their room. I'm like, some dudes are there to enjoy the con and not the congoers. :/ He just said I didn't understand because I'm female, but all dudes at cons are trying to get some. I just thought whatever because he's free to think what he wants, but for someone so opposed to stereotypes, I'm surprised he would feed into one of all male congoers (including himself) are sex-crazed creepers.
dA | tumblr

'14 Cosplays:
Bianchi - KHR | Wooper gijinka or kigurumi - Pokemon | Chocolove - Shaman King (?) | Sable Able gijinka - Animal Crossing (?) | Bouffalant gijinka - Pokemon (?)

Self-proclaimed Ramune Connoisseur

#93 User is offline   Ginger shark 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 59478

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:19 AM

I am come across some rude anime fans at Acen. Some people try to act like I am not a true fan of anime if there is some particular anime I haven't seen. There is tons of anime out there. Chances are there is something I haven't seen. There are also people who will think I am not a true fan of anime for something I watch. An example is getting made fun of for watching Naruto. I don't even watch the English dub of it but some people seem to think that anime that is on television in America is bad. They kind of seem like hipster anime fans. I wish people would lay off what I watch. We all go to Acen because we have an interest in anime. One person should not put another down because of which anime they choose to watch and like.

#94 User is offline   Ranko 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 54494

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:51 AM

View PostGinger shark, on 16 May 2011 - 10:19 AM, said:

One person should not put another down because of which anime they choose to watch and like.

This ^

Although I do force my friends to watch some things, but they usually end up watching them by themselves after that... lol
facebook- because you can never have too many friends!

http://www.facebook....hp?id=607874283

PSN ID: Ranma344

This keyboard of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning feel tells me to post here! Take this, my knowledge, my opinion, and all of my awesomeness! SHINING POST!

#95 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:11 AM

View PostTrini, on 14 May 2011 - 02:48 PM, said:

I just had a discussion about this with a friend of mine. We were on the topic of how guys and girls look at other cosplayers and got onto the subject of convention stereotypes. Now, my friend is the type of person who says he hates stereotypes and it's ignorant, etc. That being said, I was surprised when he said only females care about cosplays and dudes just want to take someone to their room. I'm like, some dudes are there to enjoy the con and not the congoers. :/ He just said I didn't understand because I'm female, but all dudes at cons are trying to get some. I just thought whatever because he's free to think what he wants, but for someone so opposed to stereotypes, I'm surprised he would feed into one of all male congoers (including himself) are sex-crazed creepers.

Hyprocrites I love them :lol:

Does he go on /cgl/ too?
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#96 User is offline   RiotCtrlKuma 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 60298

Posted 17 May 2011 - 07:05 AM

View PostTrini, on 06 May 2011 - 02:23 PM, said:

Like above, it bugs me when other anime fans feel like it's a competition and are constantly trying to 1 up you in show knowledge. It's really not that big an issue. My worse complaint are the people who are rude to anime fans (or anyone) with mainstream hobbies or like mainstream things in general. For instance, I was hanging around with some friends from an anime club and Twilight somehow came up. I know how most people feel about it so I was like whatever. When they started insulting fans of it, I had to mention how not everyone who likes the books are bad people. I told them I read the first one and, while it wasn't spectacular, it entertained me. They turned around and started coming at my character just because I didn't hate the book. I won't even go into how they acted when I decided to cosplay Soulja Boy. I just find it incredible how the moment some people find out you have "normal" interests or likes, it makes you fair game for insults. You'd think anime fans of all people would be more accepting since some of us do catch flack for like cartoons, but they have been some of the biggest jerks I have ever run into.

>_>
I'd tease you too................not anything harsh, but you'd definitely get a couple wtfs from me. xD

#97 User is offline   RiotCtrlKuma 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 60298

Posted 17 May 2011 - 07:13 AM

I have a few stories to share myself.

>I've been told that all of my reasons for not liking Hetalia were homophobic. (complete BS)

>I was talking about Kodomo no Jikan with a friend of mine and someone who knew what we were talking about spread rumors that I'm an IRL pedophile. That stuck all throughout high school. ;w;

>I was literally attacked at ACEN last year because I wasn't into the Black Cat (or whatever animu hipsters were watching this time last year) hype.

>I tried to show my anime club Revolutionary Girl Utena, and it was completely ignored because "the art was sh*tty".

I hate anime fans. =_=

#98 User is offline   LoveLetters 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 59638

Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:19 AM

View PostRiotCtrlKuma, on 17 May 2011 - 07:13 AM, said:

>I tried to show my anime club Revolutionary Girl Utena, and it was completely ignored because "the art was sh*tty".

Now thats just uncalled for!! D:< *curses* Everyone's art should be appreciated..! They all work hard on it! I honestly feel like smacking someone upside the head right now Im so mad...! >.< THERES NO LOVE..! ;_:

This post has been edited by SirArthurKirkland: 17 May 2011 - 02:06 PM

**The spaces between your fingers were created so that another's could fill them**ACen 2013 (Hopefully...Graduation is in the way..) England: %100 completed, Halloween2010!England %0, 2P!England %1, Chibirisu %0, Jeanne de Arc %0, Yukio %0, Ciel Phantomhive %0
Main dA boi, dA Advice Account, Youchube Account
Babe, you mean more to me than you can ever know.

#99 User is offline   KurolokiRoku 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 1211

Posted 17 May 2011 - 03:24 PM

View PostRiotCtrlKuma, on 17 May 2011 - 07:13 AM, said:

WHAT. That was my FAVORITE for the longest time! What a shallow reason not to like an anime. It reminds me of all the people who hated Escaflowne when it came out on TV because the noses are weird. Really? The noses bother you SO MUCH that they distract you from the freaking plot? I heard that was the reason it was cancelled, but I hope for humanity's sake that was just a dumb rumor.

Acen used to feel so close-knit and family-like, but as it grew it somehow obtained more and more generally rude people. I guess that's to be expected though, with an event this size you can't really feel like a close family anymore.

I don't think I've ever had run-ins with anime fans outside of Acen.

That guy who told the OP's friend to kill himself...wtf that guy either has serious self-esteem problems or was exceptionally angry that day.

I don't know how, but reading all these stories makes me feel slightly better about the idiots who take things way too seriously in other nerdly-inclined hobby groups I participate in.

#100 User is offline   Visadin the insane 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 46337

Posted 17 May 2011 - 04:26 PM

well i haven't been in any bad cases of anime fan go bad, thank god becuase when i first discover yaoi at acen 2009 i kind of panic a bit and may have made a strange face (it was more like walking into people having sex face). but i had some kid at my old work that ues to agure with me that Naruto is better then bleach, and i think becuase i had a bleach bag that i only use due to it size.he also made fun of me for playing pokemon.
ACEN 2012 cosplay: white mage (FF), male pokemon trainer (pokemon black)

#101 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2011 - 04:42 PM

Visadin: Panic because it was guy on guy or panic because 'omg it's guy on guy I want girl on girl'

*raises both eyebrows and smirks*
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#102 User is offline   Visadin the insane 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 46337

Posted 17 May 2011 - 08:35 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 17 May 2011 - 04:42 PM, said:

Visadin: Panic because it was guy on guy or panic because 'omg it's guy on guy I want girl on girl'

*raises both eyebrows and smirks*

i didn't know what yoai was until i saw pics right there, so it was the fact it was guy on guy, and it was short, after like 2 secs i was like ok and walked away. i am not one to be disgusted by man on man sex since well it hypocrital that men do since their all in girl on girl. let the fangirls have their fantasies of man on man.

This post has been edited by Visadin the insane: 17 May 2011 - 08:40 PM

ACEN 2012 cosplay: white mage (FF), male pokemon trainer (pokemon black)

#103 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2011 - 11:17 PM

View PostVisadin the insane, on 17 May 2011 - 08:35 PM, said:

i didn't know what yoai was until i saw pics right there, so it was the fact it was guy on guy, and it was short, after like 2 secs i was like ok and walked away. i am not one to be disgusted by man on man sex since well it hypocrital that men do since their all in girl on girl. let the fangirls have their fantasies of man on man.

Double standard kinda thing. I do know one guy who doesn't like girl on girl but he does like hentai/guro in general.

On topic; I seen a lot of rude guy anime fans who think that fangirls who like yaoi are loud, ignorant, and have 'gay vision' considering everyone in everyone anime and manga gay. Stuff like Black Butler and Loveless isn't gay except for the extreme fans. And stuff like Hetalia is too gay for them.

I found the whole thing to be hilariously funny.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#104 User is offline   Trini 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:26 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 16 May 2011 - 11:11 AM, said:

Hyprocrites I love them :lol:

Does he go on /cgl/ too?

Nah. He's not in the whole cosplay scene. He's more of an /a/ kinda person.

View PostRiotCtrlKuma, on 17 May 2011 - 07:05 AM, said:

>_>
I'd tease you too................not anything harsh, but you'd definitely get a couple wtfs from me. xD

That's not lovely at all. ;3;
dA | tumblr

'14 Cosplays:
Bianchi - KHR | Wooper gijinka or kigurumi - Pokemon | Chocolove - Shaman King (?) | Sable Able gijinka - Animal Crossing (?) | Bouffalant gijinka - Pokemon (?)

#105 User is offline   JawdyBawdy 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 19848

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:20 PM

the kind of fans that REALLY bug me are those ones that go to conventions and think it's just fine to glomp random people
i thought the first time it happened, it was kinda funny. i had a good chuckle.
the second time, i had my camera out and all of the sudden it was on the ground, stomped on, and broken.
i was ready to punch them in the face...

or, the fans at conventions that think it's okay to run up to you and start touching you?
um... yes, i did make my cosplay, i'd love if you'd stomp trying to take my accessories/props and playing with my hair/touching my face

i do not understand how these things are okay? just because we're at a convention does that mean that personal bubbles are no longer existent?
fuuuuuuuuuu- they make me so mad DX

ACen 2013 Cosplays
Teemo (League of Legends)
Slurper (Silent Hill)

#106 User is offline   Ginger shark 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 59478

Posted 19 May 2011 - 04:25 AM

I have been hugged at conventions plenty of times but I think last year was the first time I was ever truly glomped. The guy just about broke my back. I was swinging throughout the air and couldn't breathe at all. It took awhile for him to put me down and my boyfriend was right there. My boyfriend said I needed to learn the hard way because he had outright declined for the guy to glomp him. I don't think though that it is very good if a guy that is more than twice my size makes it so I can't breathe and can't get away if I want to. I don't know if that was exactly rude, but it was something I definitely did not like.

I don't mind hugging people at conventions if they ask first. I am not going to like it if a stranger runs up and hugs me without even asking first. I get weirded out when this happens.

#107 User is offline   LoveLetters 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59638

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:38 AM

View PostGinger shark, on 19 May 2011 - 04:25 AM, said:

I have been hugged at conventions plenty of times but I think last year was the first time I was ever truly glomped. The guy just about broke my back. I was swinging throughout the air and couldn't breathe at all. It took awhile for him to put me down and my boyfriend was right there. My boyfriend said I needed to learn the hard way because he had outright declined for the guy to glomp him. I don't think though that it is very good if a guy that is more than twice my size makes it so I can't breathe and can't get away if I want to. I don't know if that was exactly rude, but it was something I definitely did not like.

I don't mind hugging people at conventions if they ask first. I am not going to like it if a stranger runs up and hugs me without even asking first. I get weirded out when this happens.

Hmm...It's not exactly rude more as enthusiastic and getting carried away due to all the excitement he must be feeling.

Although I agree that people should ask first before they hug, glomp, take pictures etc. *nods* Its not polite if they don't. So ASK FIRST EVERYONE! ^_^
**The spaces between your fingers were created so that another's could fill them**ACen 2013 (Hopefully...Graduation is in the way..) England: %100 completed, Halloween2010!England %0, 2P!England %1, Chibirisu %0, Jeanne de Arc %0, Yukio %0, Ciel Phantomhive %0
Main dA boi, dA Advice Account, Youchube Account
Babe, you mean more to me than you can ever know.

#108 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:57 AM

Thing I have issue with anime fan/cosplay fan wise: person who thinks they are the best cosplayer of 'whatever series' EVER.

It's good to have some pride but if you are the BEST EVER and voice/speak it....that's pushing it to arrogance. Unless you look like said character and have gender of said character it's really hard to do it.

I seem a few people who think well nobody did Sebby awesome like me. I wanted to chuckle or kol so hard.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#109 User is offline   Trini 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:52 AM

View PostJawdyBawdy, on 18 May 2011 - 08:20 PM, said:

i do not understand how these things are okay? just because we're at a convention does that mean that personal bubbles are no longer existent?
fuuuuuuuuuu- they make me so mad DX

It's part over excitement and part the idea that anime con=freedom to do whatever. The same friend I was talking about a few posts ago said he enjoys seeing people glomp and act silly since it's like stepping in an anime world (inversely, he thinks people who don't like glomps and such are uptight). So, while it's incredibly rude, some of these people are just living in their own world when they step through the doors of a con. Someone who might use common sense any other day will completely lose it so things like personal space don't matter.
dA | tumblr

'14 Cosplays:

#110 User is offline   JawdyBawdy 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 19848

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:00 AM

View PostTrini, on 19 May 2011 - 09:52 AM, said:

It's part over excitement and part the idea that anime con=freedom to do whatever. The same friend I was talking about a few posts ago said he enjoys seeing people glomp and act silly since it's like stepping in an anime world (inversely, he thinks people who don't like glomps and such are uptight). So, while it's incredibly rude, some of these people are just living in their own world when they step through the doors of a con. Someone who might use common sense any other day will completely lose it so things like personal space don't matter.

i think they should have a rule against outright glomping at acen...
i'm not exactly a big person (i'm 5'3" and fragile xD) and i, as well as others, could be hurt quite easily
thankfully, it was only my camera that suffered last year, not my body in any way
@___@

ACen 2013 Cosplays
Teemo (League of Legends)
Slurper (Silent Hill)

#111 User is offline   Gabichox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59269

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:09 AM

View PostTrini, on 19 May 2011 - 09:52 AM, said:

inversely, he thinks people who don't like glomps and such are uptight

Urghhh I HATE that. It kind of reminds me of the rude cosplay fans category where they think if you a refuse a picture for whatever reason [say, you're eating or about to pee your pants] you're extremely uptight :/
Glomps and people randomly touching you are annoying. Thankfully I haven't been glomped yet. I know that if I am glomped I'll have a serious problem with that. I'll throw a fit. I've had to deal with my costume being grabbed and a random hug here or there but that's at least easy to deal with. Glomps? No way.
They really should have a rule against glomping :/ If it's amongst friends then ok. But if you're tackling random strangers and damaging them/their stuff, you should get into some trouble for that.
ACen 2015 cosplay;
[Thursday]Yamada Aoi - Working!!
[Friday] Diane - Nanatsu no Taizai
[Saturday] Saria - Zelda / Agnes Oblige - Bravely Default
------------------------------------
I make gams
I love Donald Duck. I am Donald Duck.

#112 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:32 AM

Anyone from /cgl/ and /a/.

Anyone from /cgl/ and /a/.

Fans who think they know everything about a series and they in fact only watched the anime or only read the manga and argue with you about it.

"So and So character only likes so and so character! So and So character will never like this character! You a noob."

"....but in the manga...."

"IDK I like didn't read the manga~~11111!!!!!"
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#113 User is offline   Heartcage 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59905

Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:25 AM

I don't really hate/dislike many fans I meet at the cons(Well I've never been glomped either.)
But I really have a problem with my school's anime club.
There are some people there who are extreme yaoi fangirls. It wouldn't be so bad if I had to listen to what they have to say about some anime. I was talking to one of them about Gravitation and she said she stopped watching it because it didn't have enough SEX.
And then she tells me how Junjou Romantica is so amazing and crap.

>;(
Cosplays for 2012:Gold from Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver- 40% Done
Akira from Togainu no Chi- 0% :(

#114 User is offline   ryozu_011 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 16745

Posted 16 July 2011 - 07:26 PM

...Well, I've come to this conclusion after reading the entire thing. I don't know when or how, but I did. I think, in all honesty, that EVERY anime fan has that ONE moment when they're this...rude anime person. Some aren't as extreme as others, but I think we all have one of those times.

As for the glomping, people shouldn't glomp out of nowhere, they should ask. That's, like, a rule. XD
Cosplay Ideas for ACen 2015:

Yu Yu Hakusho: Yusuke Urameshi (episode 5)
Legend of Korra: Korra (Book 4)

#115 User is offline   jackspicer 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3522

Posted 17 July 2011 - 06:38 AM

View Postryozu_011, on 16 July 2011 - 07:26 PM, said:

...Well, I've come to this conclusion after reading the entire thing. I don't know when or how, but I did. I think, in all honesty, that EVERY anime fan has that ONE moment when they're this...rude anime person. Some aren't as extreme as others, but I think we all have one of those times.

As for the glomping, people shouldn't glomp out of nowhere, they should ask. That's, like, a rule. XD

Agreed.
Proud member of the Bishe Brigade

#116 User is offline   Inkwell09 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 60472

Posted 16 August 2011 - 09:10 PM

This is a bit odd, and not entirely related to rude anime fans, but i find it rude when other "normal" people find it so incredibly strange that you might have some sense of what is happening in the "real world," or outside of anime and manga.

Example: Years back I (unfortunately) attended a very conservative private school, and was the only nerd/otaku in the entire building. Other students knew of my strange interests, and for the most part left me alone...but were completely shocked one day when the topic of "who do you think will win American's Next Top Model" was brought up. I had watched the show a few times, and had an opinion, so I very simply presented it to the other classmates.
They stared at me as though my hair was on fire; as if they were shocked by the fact that I even knew that something outside of manga and anime existed. I found it to be very rude...that they would be so close minded in their ideas about someone's specific interests.

I still get similar reactions from students at my current school. I am taking 3 College level courses, and it never seems to stop surprising others that I enjoy cosplaying and casually watching anime in my spare time. "Normal" folks seemed to have developed their own idea of what an otaku is, and I believe it might be partly to the image that these "rude and hoity-toity extreme anime fans" may have created. (Which is pretty sad, actually...)
[font="Book Antiqua"] ACen 2014 Cosplays
--Gintoki (Gintama)****MAYBE
--Rin (Free!)
--Mink (DMMD)
--SURPRISE NOSTALGIC COSPLAY

#117 User is offline   The Forumcat 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 58542

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:44 AM

View PostInkwell09, on 16 August 2011 - 09:10 PM, said:

I still get similar reactions from students at my current school. I am taking 3 College level courses, and it never seems to stop surprising others that I enjoy cosplaying and casually watching anime in my spare time.

I was going to a private school (but we've got an awesome anime club, and no one give us a second glance because they just don't care), too, but back home, everyone was like "WUUUUT?!?! SHE'S THAT KIND OF NERD?! THAT'S NOT POSSIBLE!!?!" mostly because their best example of an anime fan was a girl who was basically just getting by in the easiest courses she could take because she spent all her time watching anime and getting her "freaky Japanese clothes" on.
I don't personally have an issue with japanese fashion, but this girl went to school (which starts at 7:30 AM) in full on Decora, Guro, or Manba fashion, and she would HATE on the gay guys (as if they don't have enough hate from the conservative townspeople) for not fulfilling yaoi fantasies, or she would relate everything back to anime...
She is like a real-life Renge in Manba fashion. It's horrible.
But, since I'm smart (taking fully college level courses my senior year; Latin instead of Spanish, which is what everyone here takes) and arty, people couldn't understand how I might like to watch cartoons in the morning with my cereal. <_<

As for being rude myself, I often run up like I'm going to glomp people, but then I always stop and ask first. Or wait patiently and make funny faces behind them if they're talking to someone and it seems like chit-chat rather than an important conversation. Usually the person they're talking to will burst out laughing, alerting the target of my presence, if the flailing-arm run didn't do it. I try very hard not to be irritating, and I'm careful to never hug people harder than they hug me, and I always clean up if I make a mess (like when I was Beyond Birthday and accidentally got jam all over a restaurant table, I asked them for a busrag and cleaned it up myself.)

This post has been edited by Chloetrope: 17 August 2011 - 09:45 AM

Are you a deadman?
Deadman Wonderland Photoshoot 2012

We have candy...

COSPLAYS 2011-2012
ACEN XV: Mockingbird (Deadman Wonderland [5%], VY2 (Vocaloid) [15%]
SoyCon 5: Utatane Piko Love is War ver. (Vocaloid) [0%]
Hallowe'en 2012: Joker (Kuroshitsuji)[0%]
Miscellaneous: Drocell Keinz (Kuroshitsuji) [25%]

#118 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:33 AM

Inkwell and Chloetrope don't feel left out, this happens at the workplace too.

In my case, I worked at a sort of conservative job. Well it was more, 'only adults smoke, drink, party, talk about Tyra Banks,' sort of thing. Out of all the departments, only three people were into anime or comic books and actually knew about then.

One incident was funny. An older mom who worked with me was listening to me talk about comic books with this guy. She then stated, 'Isn't comic books for kids?'

I left my former job because I felt alienated and other reasons. If I talked about anime it was weird or 'kid's stuff,' and nobody cared or wanted to care and if I talked about things like current events it was odd, since I was labeled.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#119 User is offline   The Forumcat 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 58542

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:17 AM

Aww, that's horrible! Rude anti-fans suck... *hugs Inkwell and the Fujoshi* Luckily, recently, I've unearthed the small group of normal anime fans, and we're starting a club. My co-officers should be here in 45 minutes to start planning!
Are you a deadman?
Deadman Wonderland Photoshoot 2012

We have candy...

COSPLAYS 2011-2012
ACEN XV: Mockingbird (Deadman Wonderland [5%], VY2 (Vocaloid) [15%]
SoyCon 5: Utatane Piko Love is War ver. (Vocaloid) [0%]
Hallowe'en 2012: Joker (Kuroshitsuji)[0%]
Miscellaneous: Drocell Keinz (Kuroshitsuji) [25%]

#120 User is offline   OtakuChica 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 60765
  • Location:Hiding In your pantry. What? I get hungry watching you!

Posted 17 August 2011 - 12:40 PM

There's two people on youtube that I hate the most.

ProudBornToBeAsian and TheJosephShow.

Proud is the biggest troll I've ever seen! He has a million videos on several different accounts that say only pure Asians can cosplay because they have the cutesy frame and face for it. He only shows AMAZING Asian cosplay (mostly Kipi) and some of the worse Western cosplay, but there is horrible Asian cosplay and amazing Western cosplay.

Joseph is just a giant lawyer. I'm sorry for saying that, but he is. The video starts out by him saying, "If you like anime THEN screw YOU!" Really? I mean seriously, if you're getting hate and rude comments from some arrogant anime fans, just ignore it and act maturely about it if you're going to reply. Don't attack the whole society of fans for a HOBBY. Though his points were kinda true and clear, I felt terrible about it. You don't see me running around with an airhorn and shouting at Twilight fans how retarded it is even though I don't like it. I discuss with my friends calmly why I don't like it, because I have this thing called self-control that these two don't have.
ACen 2011 - Haruhi Suzumiya
ACen 2012 - Shippuden Sakura Haruno
ACen 2013 - Friday: fem!Jack Frost Saturday: Toon Link

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users