Anime Central Forums: Rude anime fans - Anime Central Forums

Jump to content

  • 7 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rude anime fans The ones you can't stand....

#61 User is offline   SinGrinz 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 58900
  • Posts: 33
  • Joined: 15-October 10

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:31 AM

I think I would have began to roll my neck at that point... Lol XD

That was rude and the dude didn't even know you. You know, when someone is rude like that to you, you have every right to be a *ssh*le to him as well. That was completely uncalled for. I mean I hate Bleach (and I'm rather outspoken about it.) But I would never randomly tell you guys unless you were directly asking me, or you were one of my friends. But I would never tell anyone to go kill themselves because they like a certain anime. Really, it's unfortunately you had to deal with a jerk like that.

Now the rudest thing I had happen to me was when I was at my college Anime Club, and when we were voting on anime to watch everyone flipped a ...ahem... female dog... about me an my friend wanting Toginu No Chi to watch after we suffered through pantie shots and boob flashes. Honestly, we were insulted and thank god our club is ran by voting because we were able to get it in. HOWEVER, as time went on and there were little flashes of yaoi scenes, not really even yaoi scenes. More like little shonen-ai parts were the 'gayest' thing that happened was someone said "You intend on making love to him." everyone would flip out, hell would be raised and the guy acted like he was dying from some terrible disease. Really? After me and my friends suffered through you ecchi crap and we found out the guy constantly falling into this woman's boobs happens to be his grandmother, you flip because of this? Really? I hate people who have double standards...and they defiantly had some...

*sigh*
I'm done with my rant... I just had to get that out there. Guys, if you are running Anime Club and you pick an anime to view that has pantie shots and tons of boob flashes in it, consider the girls and see if they want a shonen-ai, yaoi or shojo. Because that was irritating and again it was a double standard, and I know that half of the girls in the anime club were irritated because of what happened.

This post has been edited by SinGrinz: 11 May 2011 - 02:49 AM

LOLOLOLOL
when you see me, you'll see that crazy gleam
yes I am a yaoi freak <3

COSPLAY
Pyramid Head with Nurse Purse::: Silent Hill ::: 90%
Villetta Nu::: Code Geass ::: 25%
Rave Costume: Black March Hair Raver::: N/A ::: 10%

#62 User is offline   Trini 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 4588
  • Posts: 629
  • Joined: 15-May 05
  • Location:House of the moon

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:23 AM

View PostMiyu-chan, on 10 May 2011 - 11:13 AM, said:

On another note, the fans that think if you dont watch *insert anime here* then you're not a true anime fan. Another story: I have a good friend of mine who was never able to get into Hetalia. I was perfectly fine with this, because I've never been a fan of some of the shows she likes. But, there was another friend of hers online that told her, "If you don't like Hetalia, then you're not a true anime fan."

lol What does liking Hetalia have to do with being a "true anime fan"? This bugs me a lot though. I'm one of those people who take a minute to get into the newer series since I look at older series I've never seen first. Because of this I haven't really seen things that are super popular now and while no one's ever told me I'm not a true fan, they act like it's some sort of sin to not be in the know on every new series.
dA | tumblr

'14 Cosplays:
Bianchi - KHR | Wooper gijinka or kigurumi - Pokemon | Chocolove - Shaman King (?) | Sable Able gijinka - Animal Crossing (?) | Bouffalant gijinka - Pokemon (?)

Self-proclaimed Ramune Connoisseur

#63 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284
  • Posts: 1,978
  • Joined: 09-January 11
  • Location:где-то в Соединенных Штатах Америки

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:40 AM

View PostTrini, on 11 May 2011 - 07:23 AM, said:

lol What does liking Hetalia have to do with being a "true anime fan"? This bugs me a lot though. I'm one of those people who take a minute to get into the newer series since I look at older series I've never seen first. Because of this I haven't really seen things that are super popular now and while no one's ever told me I'm not a true fan, they act like it's some sort of sin to not be in the know on every new series.


It's because of the generation gap: If you wasn't born during the time of DBZ or Haruhi then you should know what's what and not be a 'noob' as they call it.

People are shocked that I haven't watched Ouran high school or read the manga much. I do watch anime but I buy mostly low key manga like Four eyes, random yaoi, and Butterfly flowers then try to get into more mainstream stuff I seen online, suggestions, or from 4chan.

Like Maria Holic is popular but you wouldn't know because it's not in the States much yet or cosplayed.

Sadly, the more popular something is, the more likely you are going to run into fan dumb versions of it. You are more likely going to run into good and bad people who like Final fantasy series or Hetalia.

There is actually a tv trope with the different versions of rude fans in general: http://tvtropes.org/...hp/Main/FanDumb
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.


Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#64 User is offline   Steam_Loli216 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 59481
  • Posts: 178
  • Joined: 10-February 11
  • Location:An Airship, somewhere over the horizon.

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:04 AM

Ugh, I used to sort of like Hetalia, then certain people got way-super-extremely over the top with it. They called each other (and me) by the character's names that they thought we were most like and started acting like them in public/school.
So I said I was annoyed with it and wanted no part.
So I was the rude one. (sarcasm)
User is stationed in Southern California

It's a girl! Skylar Marie, born February 8th, 2013 :) Proud mama and wife and sailor

~~Dream Cosplays: -- Fai D. Flourite (Tsubasa) -- Dr. Jezebel Disraeli (Godchild) -- Seth Nightroad and Lady Asran (Trinity Blood) -- Lettuce (Tokyo Mew Mew) -- Misha (Pita Ten) -- Starfire (Teen Titans)~~

#65 User is offline   this_chick25 

  • Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 7489
  • Posts: 5,831
  • Joined: 25-June 06
  • Location:Wherever I am, I'm working on my cosplay...

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:31 AM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 11 May 2011 - 09:40 AM, said:

There is actually a tv trope with the different versions of rude fans in general: http://tvtropes.org/...hp/Main/FanDumb

I :heart: TV Tropes SO much. They never miss a beat!
Acen Attendee since 2001
Wondering how much to save for ACen? Click here!
FREE! Cosplay construction and materials advice--get yours now!
Never cause more mischief than that which is necessary for success.
Sig invade'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd by Alk <3

#66 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 24895
  • Posts: 1,131
  • Joined: 26-February 09
  • Location:Cicero

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:47 AM

Wow, just wow. I can think of a few incidents that made my head spin.

-When we still had a B. Dalton Bookstore in my mall, god I miss that place, I would go there on the weekends after work to see what they had in stock (How I got my huge managa collection ahem). While I was there this one time I was looking at Dramacon and a girl who was looking at Claymore looked over at me and gave me an eye roll saying, "You know it's not even real manga." I just paused and looked at her and she went on to say, "They write it in english and it's not made by a real japanese person." I guess I was in a foul mood because I snarked, "Yes well, that's not real manga either, you're reading the translation of it." and then walked away.

-Over excited fanboy who started to get pissed off at me at boarders because I picked up the last Dragon Ball Z comic. I got told, "You're a girl, you should be reading shojo." Later I caught him by the scifi section where I was looking at the back of a starwars novel, and he commented, "Shouldn't you be in romance? This is the guys section." Mind you he had to be like 15 at the most.

-I've had to deal with the anime fan that refused to watch the newer shows becuase they are, "Just crap." Or the scan only fan who claims that the offical translations aren't real becuase they don't translate exactly what's being said or leave in the culture jokes.

-Then there's my favorite one...I mentioned to a friend while I was on my lunch break that I was going to cosplay Carmen Sandiego. We were at the FYE by my mall, before it too closed, and the woman before us turned around and said to me, "Why are you going to deface an anime convention by wearing something that is clearly not anime. Don't you have any pride as an otaku? Or are you just one of thosepeople who think they can where non anime and be all hip and stuff. You're just a wanna be and shouldn't be allowed to go period." My friend then told her, politely, that cosplay can be anything, including cartoons or video games, and the response we get is. "You cosplay video games, what are you some sort of losers? Seriously...what do you dress up like slu_t mario and luigi and run around trying to be laid? You two are sick." And then she walked out, my friend wanted to follow, I had to pull her back.
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013


Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#67 User is offline   SinGrinz 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 58900
  • Posts: 33
  • Joined: 15-October 10

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:09 AM

View PostSteam_Loli216, on 11 May 2011 - 10:04 AM, said:

Ugh, I used to sort of like Hetalia, then certain people got way-super-extremely over the top with it. They called each other (and me) by the character's names that they thought we were most like and started acting like them in public/school.
So I said I was annoyed with it and wanted no part.
So I was the rude one. (sarcasm)


Lol that's why I like Hetalia dude XD. Me and my friends Roleplay Hetalia, so we make jokes about channeling our inner America or Prussia. I think it's funny. But we also like to have intelligent conversations about Hetalia. Eh,the fandom hasn't made me lost my muse or anything yet. I think Hetalia is amusing and I don't understand why people get mad when people enjoy it. I will say that I've been really good about not getting my favorite anime ruined because of the fans of it or the haters of it. I mean I hate that when people know I'm a hardcore yaoi fan, they immediately think I'm squealing fangirl, but that doesn't ruin yaoi for me at all. When people use to make fun Naruto, that didn't ruin it for me, the fillers and the 'nice Gaara' did :|
LOLOLOLOL
when you see me, you'll see that crazy gleam
yes I am a yaoi freak <3

COSPLAY
Pyramid Head with Nurse Purse::: Silent Hill ::: 90%
Villetta Nu::: Code Geass ::: 25%
Rave Costume: Black March Hair Raver::: N/A ::: 10%

#68 User is offline   Krystal 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 14958
  • Posts: 2,058
  • Joined: 20-October 07

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:37 AM

View PostSinGrinz, on 11 May 2011 - 02:31 AM, said:

I think I would have began to roll my neck at that point... Lol XD

That was rude and the dude didn't even know you. You know, when someone is rude like that to you, you have every right to be a *ssh*le to him as well. That was completely uncalled for.




No you don't. If you EVER call someone out on their own error, you become the new bad guy, since "OMG YOU CANT NEVER BE MEAN TO PEOPLE WHAT IF THEY DIDN'T MEAN IT LIKE THAT NOOOOOOOOO".

Honestly, every case in this thread probably has some excuse they can use for why they did what they did, and no matter how stupid the excuse is, other people lap it up.
Acen 2011: I lost my red kodak camera. If you found it, PLEASE contact me. I really miss it.

#69 User is offline   SinGrinz 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 58900
  • Posts: 33
  • Joined: 15-October 10

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:24 PM

View PostKrystal, on 11 May 2011 - 11:37 AM, said:

No you don't. If you EVER call someone out on their own error, you become the new bad guy, since "OMG YOU CANT NEVER BE MEAN TO PEOPLE WHAT IF THEY DIDN'T MEAN IT LIKE THAT NOOOOOOOOO".

Honestly, every case in this thread probably has some excuse they can use for why they did what they did, and no matter how stupid the excuse is, other people lap it up.


Lol XD I guess I'm a troll then because I would tell that dude what's on my mind in a second. He really had no right to be that rude to him/her and I swear if I was that friend I probably would said something rude and hurtful right back. That's just me XD
LOLOLOLOL
when you see me, you'll see that crazy gleam
yes I am a yaoi freak <3

COSPLAY
Pyramid Head with Nurse Purse::: Silent Hill ::: 90%
Villetta Nu::: Code Geass ::: 25%
Rave Costume: Black March Hair Raver::: N/A ::: 10%

#70 User is offline   Ranko 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 54494
  • Posts: 240
  • Joined: 19-April 10
  • Location:Alliance, Oh

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:58 PM

The only rude thing I've ever truly had happen to me was when I was walking around wearing my K-On tie with Yui on it. I was criticized and told that only women and gay guys like K-On and should be ashamed to be wearing such a tie... I just ignored it, but it was extremely rude of someone to just come up to me and say something like that, especially being someone I've never met before...
facebook- because you can never have too many friends!

http://www.facebook....hp?id=607874283

PSN ID: Ranma344


This keyboard of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning feel tells me to post here! Take this, my knowledge, my opinion, and all of my awesomeness! SHINING POST!

#71 User is offline   Krystal 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 14958
  • Posts: 2,058
  • Joined: 20-October 07

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:03 PM

View PostSinGrinz, on 11 May 2011 - 12:24 PM, said:

Lol XD I guess I'm a troll then because I would tell that dude what's on my mind in a second. He really had no right to be that rude to him/her and I swear if I was that friend I probably would said something rude and hurtful right back. That's just me XD



Yes. You are a troll. Lol @ people who still believe in actions should have consequences.

Can somebody get this freethinker out of here?! ;p
Acen 2011: I lost my red kodak camera. If you found it, PLEASE contact me. I really miss it.

#72 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284
  • Posts: 1,978
  • Joined: 09-January 11
  • Location:где-то в Соединенных Штатах Америки

Posted 11 May 2011 - 04:39 PM

View PostSinGrinz, on 11 May 2011 - 11:09 AM, said:

Lol that's why I like Hetalia dude XD. Me and my friends Roleplay Hetalia, so we make jokes about channeling our inner America or Prussia. I think it's funny. But we also like to have intelligent conversations about Hetalia. Eh,the fandom hasn't made me lost my muse or anything yet. I think Hetalia is amusing and I don't understand why people get mad when people enjoy it. I will say that I've been really good about not getting my favorite anime ruined because of the fans of it or the haters of it. I mean I hate that when people know I'm a hardcore yaoi fan, they immediately think I'm squealing fangirl, but that doesn't ruin yaoi for me at all. When people use to make fun Naruto, that didn't ruin it for me, the fillers and the 'nice Gaara' did :|


LMAO NICE GAARA~ I know that version. I stopped watching/reading Naruto because of that and because of:

Spoiler


Let's make Sakura awesome then make her worse than she was back in Naruto because even in Shippuden she is still stalking in love with Sasuke even though he tried to kill her once, twice, maybe three times now?

Let's not put Rock Lee in current chapters (except for one part,) even though he has so many plot holes that need to be fixed (such as how can he do chakra required moves and he doesn't have any or little chakra?)

Let's make Sasuke the Darkhorse of Awesome.

I still write Naruto fanfiction but my muse kinda went PFFFFFF and now I mostly write Hetalia. Unless they make US/UK the official gay pairing ahead of all the other pairing I won't be derailed from Hetalia in general.

To be frank I rant but I don't straight up go to people and say 'well I hate your fandom so drop dead' and never will.

Darkspellmaster: :mellow: *hugs*
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.


Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#73 User is offline   Steam_Loli216 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 59481
  • Posts: 178
  • Joined: 10-February 11
  • Location:An Airship, somewhere over the horizon.

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:27 PM

View PostSinGrinz, on 11 May 2011 - 11:09 AM, said:

Lol that's why I like Hetalia dude XD. Me and my friends Roleplay Hetalia, so we make jokes about channeling our inner America or Prussia. I think it's funny. But we also like to have intelligent conversations about Hetalia. Eh,the fandom hasn't made me lost my muse or anything yet. I think Hetalia is amusing and I don't understand why people get mad when people enjoy it. I will say that I've been really good about not getting my favorite anime ruined because of the fans of it or the haters of it. I mean I hate that when people know I'm a hardcore yaoi fan, they immediately think I'm squealing fangirl, but that doesn't ruin yaoi for me at all. When people use to make fun Naruto, that didn't ruin it for me, the fillers and the 'nice Gaara' did :|


I just don't have a very high bull s*** tolerance. I don't like sitting at a table full of squealing girls at lunch time. I could keep up an intelligent conversations about it, but 24/7? count me out.
User is stationed in Southern California

It's a girl! Skylar Marie, born February 8th, 2013 :) Proud mama and wife and sailor

~~Dream Cosplays: -- Fai D. Flourite (Tsubasa) -- Dr. Jezebel Disraeli (Godchild) -- Seth Nightroad and Lady Asran (Trinity Blood) -- Lettuce (Tokyo Mew Mew) -- Misha (Pita Ten) -- Starfire (Teen Titans)~~

#74 User is offline   Trini 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 4588
  • Posts: 629
  • Joined: 15-May 05
  • Location:House of the moon

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:09 AM

View PostSteam_Loli216, on 11 May 2011 - 05:27 PM, said:

I just don't have a very high bull s*** tolerance. I don't like sitting at a table full of squealing girls at lunch time. I could keep up an intelligent conversations about it, but 24/7? count me out.

I know how you feel. The Hetalia of my lunch table was Death Note. It didn't help that I had never seen/read it so spoilers everywhere. >/ Fortunately, if things got too spoilery, they quieted down when asked. Despite the fangirling, the show wasn't ruined for me like I thought it would be and because I gave it a chance, it was easier to put up with the SQUEE~ all lunch.
dA | tumblr

'14 Cosplays:
Bianchi - KHR | Wooper gijinka or kigurumi - Pokemon | Chocolove - Shaman King (?) | Sable Able gijinka - Animal Crossing (?) | Bouffalant gijinka - Pokemon (?)

Self-proclaimed Ramune Connoisseur

#75 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284
  • Posts: 1,978
  • Joined: 09-January 11
  • Location:где-то в Соединенных Штатах Америки

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:12 PM

View PostTrini, on 12 May 2011 - 11:09 AM, said:

I know how you feel. The Hetalia of my lunch table was Death Note. It didn't help that I had never seen/read it so spoilers everywhere. >/ Fortunately, if things got too spoilery, they quieted down when asked. Despite the fangirling, the show wasn't ruined for me like I thought it would be and because I gave it a chance, it was easier to put up with the SQUEE~ all lunch.


My version was One piece, Naruto, as well as Rave master for a minute. It was spoiled badly. It's like you tell someone no spoilers and they say spoilers anyway.

Funny enough Death note wasn't spoiled for me due to the fact that the only thing people did in my high school was play YGO and listen to rap.

Steam: Sometimes you have to have a high B.S. tolerance depending on the area and background. I used to, funny enough, have a short temper and punch people in the face for acting stupid.

Not anymore; although this is the reason why I don't go on /cgl/ on 4chan anymore.

Funny thing is I haven't ran into a lot of Yaoi Fangirls in my lifetime; most of my company are boys (sad enough,) so I ran into the latter than the former. Not even at Acen. The only thing worse than fangirls is fanboys who think that every girl is easy or into yuri or both.

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 12 May 2011 - 02:13 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.


Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#76 User is offline   Mansopp Longnose 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 59988
  • Posts: 131
  • Joined: 21-April 11
  • Location:Sniper Island

Posted 12 May 2011 - 08:16 PM

I always hated that this girl I knew would take everything she saw and read too seriously. This girl was so into the fandom of naruto that she tried to apply anime physics to real life and spent a week trying to WALK UP THE SIDE OF A TREE. But that wasn't the worst part. She proceeded to jump off of her house to try and land on a tree and missed, breaking her leg. She then was FORCED to go to the hospital. (She was refusing to go, saying she could 'heal the wound with her chakra') this girl was 13. I have no idea Why, but naruto has screwed over her life. But it isn't naruto's fault. She moved onto other, more rediculous things, like thinking she was a vampire and getting suspended from school for biting another student. What my point is, is that how do you keep yourself from getting to be like her? She only watched the show for a week or so before she was hooked, constantly dressing up, talking in engrish, and making ninja signs. it got unhealthy. How does one retain one's self and not lose it to the fandom?
Look for the Long Nose!
------------------------------------
2011 Cosplays:
Water 7 Usopp (OP), Water 7 & Thriller Bark Sogeking (OP), Julie Katou (KHR), President Version Laguna Loire (FF8), Kamina-King (OP/TTGL) (Hopefully)
http://www.facebook.com/srgisme Add me if you dare!

#77 User is offline   Steam_Loli216 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 59481
  • Posts: 178
  • Joined: 10-February 11
  • Location:An Airship, somewhere over the horizon.

Posted 12 May 2011 - 09:17 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 12 May 2011 - 02:12 PM, said:



Steam: Sometimes you have to have a high B.S. tolerance depending on the area and background. I used to, funny enough, have a short temper and punch people in the face for acting stupid.



I can tolerate most things. I'm a big girl and I act like one. But when big girls act like little girls because it's cute?
Puh-lease. Maybe for like...a minute I can tolerate it. But longer than that...
Jesus. I'm good with not vocalizing when I'm pissed off. Good thing too, or else I would have gotten in fights alllll the time.
That's a lie, I'm pretty mouthy.
User is stationed in Southern California

It's a girl! Skylar Marie, born February 8th, 2013 :) Proud mama and wife and sailor

~~Dream Cosplays: -- Fai D. Flourite (Tsubasa) -- Dr. Jezebel Disraeli (Godchild) -- Seth Nightroad and Lady Asran (Trinity Blood) -- Lettuce (Tokyo Mew Mew) -- Misha (Pita Ten) -- Starfire (Teen Titans)~~

#78 User is offline   Kokoro 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 19175
  • Posts: 314
  • Joined: 03-August 08
  • Location:Wisconsin

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:20 PM

View PostMansopp Longnose, on 12 May 2011 - 08:16 PM, said:

I always hated that this girl I knew would take everything she saw and read too seriously. This girl was so into the fandom of naruto that she tried to apply anime physics to real life and spent a week trying to WALK UP THE SIDE OF A TREE. But that wasn't the worst part. She proceeded to jump off of her house to try and land on a tree and missed, breaking her leg. She then was FORCED to go to the hospital. (She was refusing to go, saying she could 'heal the wound with her chakra') this girl was 13. I have no idea Why, but naruto has screwed over her life. But it isn't naruto's fault. She moved onto other, more rediculous things, like thinking she was a vampire and getting suspended from school for biting another student. What my point is, is that how do you keep yourself from getting to be like her? She only watched the show for a week or so before she was hooked, constantly dressing up, talking in engrish, and making ninja signs. it got unhealthy. How does one retain one's self and not lose it to the fandom?


This girl clearly had underlying mental issues and needed to see a doctor for medication or counseling. I doubt Naruto itself induced this in her (although it IS so bad it could possibly drive people crazy - OHOHO I SAID IT). Whatever was wrong with her just fixated on Naruto, and manifested itself in ways that went back to it (jumping off the roof, etc).

I wouldn't worry about getting to that point because healthy and sane people would never act like that.

This post has been edited by Kokoro: 12 May 2011 - 10:21 PM

Rawr. ♥

#79 User is offline   DeadCruiser 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 51495
  • Posts: 80
  • Joined: 12-March 10
  • Location:Peoria-ish

Posted 13 May 2011 - 04:01 AM

I used to be REALLY big into Naruto. Not scaling trees and nursing broken limbs with chakra big, but spending a ton of money on the franchise big. I fell out of the series in Shippuden with all of the insane fillers. Le sigh. Not once was I ever ashamed for liking the series because of what some other people thought about it. If I cared what everybody thought, I'd watch nothing but Bleach and DBZ. As far as Hetalia goes, I tried watching it not long ago. I couldn't get into it. I watched a few "episodes" and might as well have had a small dog bark in my ear for 15 minutes straight. I could barely keep my eyes on my television. Not saying it's a horrible show, but it definitely wasn't for me. Everyone I tell about how I don't like FLCL reacts as if I had just told them I just ran somebody over in my car. I've given it a chance and couldn't get into it.

It makes me wonder how many people have actually watched an episode of the shows they make fun of. I'm doubting it. I think that if somebody is going to flame a series as hard as some people do (see: Naruto), it should at least be given a chance. Even if so, don't be a d-bag about how you don't like it.

Example:

Friend A: "Hey Bill! Look at that Naruto figure! I really want it!"

Friend B: "Woah, Sam, that is a rad figure indeed!"

Random Stranger: "Excuse me. I couldn't help but overhear you two discussing Naruto and I just have to say a few things. Just a quick few things. First of all, I hope you both die in a fiery car crash. Secondly, that figure is made out of a cheap, second grade plastic that is painstakingly crafted by the little blistered hands of the starving children in Ethiopia. Also, the show is horribly written and the entire staff, clear down to the interns at the studio, deserve to be dragged into the middle of a field and shot execution style. Just looking at you makes two makes me sick. I don't even know you and I hate you so much. I hate you on a molecular level. I'm going to spend the rest of my time near you glaring at you, thinking of the horrible ways I could torture you in my parent's basement. Narutards!"
"Excuse me sir, are you looking for the Columbia sportswear?"
"I YAM!"
Dead Space Lvl. 3 Engineer suit - 100% finished! Finally!
My Dead Space suit videos!

#80 User is offline   Trini 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 4588
  • Posts: 629
  • Joined: 15-May 05
  • Location:House of the moon

Posted 13 May 2011 - 04:15 AM

View PostDeadCruiser, on 13 May 2011 - 04:01 AM, said:

makes me wonder how many people have actually watched an episode of the shows they make fun of. I'm doubting it. I think that if somebody is going to flame a series as hard as some people do (see: Naruto), it should at least be given a chance. Even if so, don't be a d-bag about how you don't like it.

Just goes back to that hipster mentality of shunning all things popular, which is funny because it's not very hipster-like to hate it since hating it would be mainstream. ._.; Anyway, it goes for all hobbies/fandoms/whatever. There's always someone who will trash talk a show or book or game to the end of the world without actually knowing anything more than what they glanced at on the web. It's one thing to just not be into a show because it's not your style, but why diss something you haven't even looked at and then diss the people who happen to enjoy it? A perfect example is Twilight. Majority of the people I hear insulting the writing and the characters and all that have never glanced at a page (or excerpt since some of the chapters can be found on the web). I understand the fans are annoying, that's how children (and some young adults) are. As someone who's read the books, I'll admit it's not great. However, if you have never read a sentence, it doesn't make sense for you to criticize the writing. :/

On the topic of rude anime fans, I've noticed the jump on the hate bandwagon is way more prevalent in the anime community or rather the people I seem to find myself around. It's so silly. There are hundreds of other anime you could find to waste your time with. It'd be more productive to watch that and go on about your business.
dA | tumblr

'14 Cosplays:
Bianchi - KHR | Wooper gijinka or kigurumi - Pokemon | Chocolove - Shaman King (?) | Sable Able gijinka - Animal Crossing (?) | Bouffalant gijinka - Pokemon (?)

Self-proclaimed Ramune Connoisseur

#81 User is offline   Washu Takahashi 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 56275
  • Posts: 520
  • Joined: 05-May 10
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 13 May 2011 - 07:22 AM

Going along with what Death/Trini said - That is exactly how I feel. I got into Naruto (not jumping off houses or anything...that girl is psycho if you ask me) and found so many of the people who hated it hadn't seen a single episode. It's wrong to hate something you haven't even tried, even if a good chunk of the fandom were crazy obsessers who ruined it for everyone else.

And ditto and the Twilight. I actually liked reading Twilight. (The movies are terrible imo though) No, it's wasn't the best thing ever, but decent. And it really annoyed me that so many people hated it just because a handle of stupid girls thought they could fly to Forks, meet a vampire, fall in love and live happily ever after.

In short, I hate people who judge a series by a handful of people in the fandom. There are perfectly normal, sane people in all of those fandoms, they just get run over by the crazy ones and people outside of the fandom don't see anything else.
ACen 2015 Plans
Maki (1, 2, Jump! or Wonderful Rush) [Love Live! School Idol Project] 100% or 0%
Honey Lemon (Battle Version) [Big Hero 6] 30%
Ikuto Tsukiyomi (Black Lynx) [Shugo Chara!] 0%

Moved to 2016: Ryuho (Final Armour Version) [s-CRY-ed] 0%

Add me on Facebook! Washu Takashi Cosplay

#82 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284
  • Posts: 1,978
  • Joined: 09-January 11
  • Location:где-то в Соединенных Штатах Америки

Posted 13 May 2011 - 11:01 AM

View PostMansopp Longnose, on 12 May 2011 - 08:16 PM, said:

I always hated that this girl I knew would take everything she saw and read too seriously. This girl was so into the fandom of naruto that she tried to apply anime physics to real life and spent a week trying to WALK UP THE SIDE OF A TREE. But that wasn't the worst part. She proceeded to jump off of her house to try and land on a tree and missed, breaking her leg. She then was FORCED to go to the hospital. (She was refusing to go, saying she could 'heal the wound with her chakra') this girl was 13. I have no idea Why, but naruto has screwed over her life. But it isn't naruto's fault. She moved onto other, more rediculous things, like thinking she was a vampire and getting suspended from school for biting another student. What my point is, is that how do you keep yourself from getting to be like her? She only watched the show for a week or so before she was hooked, constantly dressing up, talking in engrish, and making ninja signs. it got unhealthy. How does one retain one's self and not lose it to the fandom?


Doesn't she know that some of Naruto is based on a spoof from what I gathered from people who do practice Bujinkai? They don't do hand signs that flashy and what not.

This is what you do: Remember that you are a human being and that most manga isn't set in human standard settings. Unless you burn in the sun you are not a vampire. Unless you are over 100 years old and look 20 you are not a nation. Unless you actually know pirates (the ones that kill and raep people,) then you are not a pirate. Unless you killed someone and practice Bujinkai and know the headmaster (which is impossible considering that there is only very few and in Japan,) and know about the city of Kobe in DETAIL then you are not a real ninja.

Steam: LOL I KNOW. You would scare me irl. I would hide from you constantly.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.


Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#83 User is offline   Steam_Loli216 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 59481
  • Posts: 178
  • Joined: 10-February 11
  • Location:An Airship, somewhere over the horizon.

Posted 13 May 2011 - 06:20 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 13 May 2011 - 11:01 AM, said:


Steam: LOL I KNOW. You would scare me irl. I would hide from you constantly.


I'M SO GOING TO CHASE AFTER YOU.
User is stationed in Southern California

It's a girl! Skylar Marie, born February 8th, 2013 :) Proud mama and wife and sailor

~~Dream Cosplays: -- Fai D. Flourite (Tsubasa) -- Dr. Jezebel Disraeli (Godchild) -- Seth Nightroad and Lady Asran (Trinity Blood) -- Lettuce (Tokyo Mew Mew) -- Misha (Pita Ten) -- Starfire (Teen Titans)~~

#84 User is offline   IchigoKitKat 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 58822
  • Posts: 147
  • Joined: 27-September 10
  • Location:Southern Water Tribe

Posted 13 May 2011 - 11:28 PM

View PostDark Spellmaster, on 11 May 2011 - 10:47 AM, said:


-Then there's my favorite one...I mentioned to a friend while I was on my lunch break that I was going to cosplay Carmen Sandiego. We were at the FYE by my mall, before it too closed, and the woman before us turned around and said to me, "Why are you going to deface an anime convention by wearing something that is clearly not anime. Don't you have any pride as an otaku? Or are you just one of thosepeople who think they can where non anime and be all hip and stuff. You're just a wanna be and shouldn't be allowed to go period." My friend then told her, politely, that cosplay can be anything, including cartoons or video games, and the response we get is. "You cosplay video games, what are you some sort of losers? Seriously...what do you dress up like slu_t mario and luigi and run around trying to be laid? You two are sick." And then she walked out, my friend wanted to follow, I had to pull her back.


Slu..t Mario and Luigi? Trying to get laid? Yea because every single person who Cosplays and attends an Anime convention wants to get laid. Jeez, I'm so glad I wasn't there. I would have smacked the living daylights out of that person!! She's probably jealous because she can't get any and has to dis other people who actually can.

What I don't understand is how someone can grab enough courage to bluntly say such idiotic stuff to others and cause a scene? Is it Nature or Nurture?

This post has been edited by IchigoKitKat: 13 May 2011 - 11:35 PM

2012
Surprise Cosplay!

2011 COSPLAY
Luka-JBF Vocaloid
Katara- Avatar the Last Airbender

#85 User is offline   LADY SAKURA 

  • Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 18295
  • Posts: 3,335
  • Joined: 11-May 08

Posted 14 May 2011 - 03:19 AM

you guys make me think of all the people i have not personally encountered and btw if i have i tend to just not care because regardless of what someone else does or doesn't like its up to me if im into it or not and if a person chooses to disown me or not want to befriend me because of my taste in anime and how i like my anime then that sounds like a personal problem and it has nothing to do with me ..take it or leave it

but i have witnessed alot of rude and annoying anime fans
The Forum Seductress ^_~To be a Tekosexual you must first become one with the tentacles

Facebook Me
Check Art My Dev art page
AIM ME: dsbabygyrl2021

#86 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284
  • Posts: 1,978
  • Joined: 09-January 11
  • Location:где-то в Соединенных Штатах Америки

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:27 AM

View PostIchigoKitKat, on 13 May 2011 - 11:28 PM, said:

Slu..t Mario and Luigi? Trying to get laid? Yea because every single person who Cosplays and attends an Anime convention wants to get laid.


A lot of guys feel that they can get laid more at anime cons due to the nature, slight sense of anon, and the rush from doing something you enjoy and getting attention from it.

Sadly a lot of people reinforce this stereotype.

But! It doesn't mean it's true!

Steam: *raises across in a X* Het Het Het Het.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.


Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#87 User is offline   proxy 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 19396
  • Posts: 93
  • Joined: 09-September 08
  • Location:In your closet

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:28 AM

I was on Deviantart and one artist had drawn the cover of King Hearts II manga. I told her how much I liked the drawing. We then chatted back and forth then she brought up that she noticed my sig. She told me she liked Fairy Tail too. She was telling me what anime/mangas she liked then asked for mines. I guess at the time she really hated Death Note. She was claiming all mainstream anime suck, and that I was a sheep because I liked Death Note. Then started calling different names. I LOL'd at her. She was having a heart attack over the fact that we liked different things. I really didn't argue with her. I just told her that everyone have their own taste in things. Not everyone is going to like the same things. Then she called me a poser. =/

#88 User is offline   Steam_Loli216 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 59481
  • Posts: 178
  • Joined: 10-February 11
  • Location:An Airship, somewhere over the horizon.

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:30 AM

View Postproxy, on 14 May 2011 - 11:28 AM, said:

I was on Deviantart and one artist had drawn the cover of King Hearts II manga. I told her how much I liked the drawing. We then chatted back and forth then she brought up that she noticed my sig. She told me she liked Fairy Tail too. She was telling me what anime/mangas she liked then asked for mines. I guess at the time she really hated Death Note. She was claiming all mainstream anime suck, and that I was a sheep because I liked Death Note. Then started calling different names. I LOL'd at her. She was having a heart attack over the fact that we liked different things. I really didn't argue with her. I just told her that everyone have their own taste in things. Not everyone is going to like the same things. Then she called me a poser. =/


I swear, some people ask for other people's opinions JUST to tear them down.
It makes me rage.
User is stationed in Southern California

It's a girl! Skylar Marie, born February 8th, 2013 :) Proud mama and wife and sailor

~~Dream Cosplays: -- Fai D. Flourite (Tsubasa) -- Dr. Jezebel Disraeli (Godchild) -- Seth Nightroad and Lady Asran (Trinity Blood) -- Lettuce (Tokyo Mew Mew) -- Misha (Pita Ten) -- Starfire (Teen Titans)~~

#89 User is offline   Snow_Storm 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 58697
  • Posts: 143
  • Joined: 09-August 10
  • Location:St. Louis, MO

Posted 14 May 2011 - 01:38 PM

I can't stand anime fans who refuses to watch American cartoons or real comic books because it's not anime or manga.

I also can't stand weaboos who think the word "weaboo" is just as bad as a racial slur.
ACen 2014 Cosplay List (Final)

Goat-Kun (Umineko no Naku Koro Ni) - Friday
Garterbelt (Panty and Stocking) - Saturday
Coach (Left 4 Dead 2) - Thursay (maybe), Saturday

#90 User is offline   P-Bear 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 59555
  • Posts: 180
  • Joined: 24-February 11
  • Location:SpAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAcCcCcCeEeE

Posted 14 May 2011 - 02:05 PM

View PostSnow_Storm, on 14 May 2011 - 01:38 PM, said:

I can't stand anime fans who refuses to watch American cartoons or real comic books because it's not anime or manga.

I also can't stand weaboos who think the word "weaboo" is just as bad as a racial slur.


agreed on both counts
"Thursday Night Meet 'n Greet" OG (the insane one, not that pancake one)

  • 7 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users