Anime Central Forums: Rude anime fans - Anime Central Forums

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rude anime fans The ones you can't stand....

#31 User is offline   Trini 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 4588

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:33 PM

View Postdorkatlarge, on 06 May 2011 - 07:50 PM, said:

One individual seems to talk out of turn quite a bit.

I cannot stand this. The club meeting I went to this past week was horrible. Announcements that should have taken no more than maybe 15 minutes took about half an hour because we had to constantly wait for people to stop cracking jokes and jumping into random conversations every other word. It felt like I was in kindergarten again. =___=

View PostXenoBlade, on 06 May 2011 - 08:54 PM, said:

This is not as big, but I find this to be hypocritical at times.

But how "weeaboos" are generally scorned by our anime loving subculture tends to make me wonder at times. Usually most of us have gone through crap from other people who don't want to even take time to understand, but it's kinda sad when most anime fans scorn "weeaboos" Kinda doing the same thing the "normal" people are doing. I've always wondered about that ever since I actually found out what a weeaboo was.

I think it's because people consider weeaboos as the reason many anime fans catch it from normal people. Honestly, when I think of the word, I picture unsupervised fanbrats screeching old memes, mangled Japanese, and glomping people. It's just generally annoying things. It's like how when certain members of a group act a fool and other members get crap for it so the relatively okay people turn on those members because they're not only embarrassing themselves, but the rest of the group.
dA | tumblr

'14 Cosplays:
Bianchi - KHR | Wooper gijinka or kigurumi - Pokemon | Chocolove - Shaman King (?) | Sable Able gijinka - Animal Crossing (?) | Bouffalant gijinka - Pokemon (?)

Self-proclaimed Ramune Connoisseur

#32 User is offline   Alkaren Hyralt 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6130

Posted 07 May 2011 - 03:21 PM

View PostKrystal, on 06 May 2011 - 08:37 PM, said:

It was just some old neckbeard who was pissed that the event wasn't a bunch of loli's flashing their pantsu like in his precious animu. :( The world is not an anime, so DON'T get all butthurt at others whenever you rediscover this.

I love the irony of a thread about not liking rude anime fans, though at the same time people calling others a neckbeard in the thread.
-Zac /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
ACen 2007 - Present - Forums Manager
ACen 2012 - Guest Relations Handlers DH
ACen 2010, 2011 - Guest Relations Operations ADH
ACen 2008, 2009 - Main Programming ADH
ACen 2006, 2007 - Main Programming Staff
Drunken Otaku Syndicate Member - "This is what happens when you give me vodka that tastes like water!"
Alcoholic Hunter X of the ROS Order
AIM: Alkaren Hyralt / Facebook: alkaren
Questions about forums registration or in general please e-mail us

#33 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 14958

Posted 07 May 2011 - 08:09 PM

View PostAlkaren Hyralt, on 07 May 2011 - 03:21 PM, said:

I love the irony of a thread about not liking rude anime fans, though at the same time people calling others a neckbeard in the thread.

See

View PostTrini, on 06 May 2011 - 10:33 PM, said:

I think it's because people consider weeaboos as the reason many anime fans catch it from normal people. Honestly, when I think of the word, I picture unsupervised fanbrats screeching old memes, mangled Japanese, and glomping people. It's just generally annoying things. It's like how when certain members of a group act a fool and other members get crap for it so the relatively okay people turn on those members because they're not only embarrassing themselves, but the rest of the group.

When you treat people like crud and call them creepy and completely lie about an establishment simply because they didn't live up to your 2D expectations, you definately deserve that title. It's like the title "weeaboo", or the traditional form of "otaku."

There are people who completely deserve those titles, and the rest of us get angry because "normal" people call ALL of us names because of those select few. However, I don't see how it is rude to call someone a neckbeard if they go asinine lengths to give off that impression.

EDIT: Not trying to be mean to you, by the way. I just believe that if people want to hurt others, they need to be prepared to get a bad name for it. If someone hates me for using the word "neckbeard", ok, but it is the best indicator of this behavior/personality I know.

This post has been edited by Krystal: 07 May 2011 - 08:10 PM

Acen 2011: I lost my red kodak camera. If you found it, PLEASE contact me. I really miss it.

#34 User is offline   HEDGESMFG 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 108

Posted 07 May 2011 - 08:37 PM

I hate the competitiveness we see today between so called "nerd" subcultures. It's pointless, immature, and just ends up being miserable people trying to make others just as miserable. This certainly includes anime fans who go around 'personally' bashing other people just because they have somewhat different tastes, but also includes other types of "fandoms" as well. Just because someone loves something shounen, shoujo, mecha, fantasy, sci-fi, or comedy does not mean they are in fact automatically mean they are a terrible person who has no right to human dignity. Same goes for the idiotic competition in the console wars, for people who like japanese rpgs, western rpgs, comics, manga, live action, I don't give a flipping flabarooni what it is that peeves you off...

Yes, there are fanatical fans with a single track mind that are annoying, yes there are fringe interests that majorly turn me off, but for the majority of people, one aspect of their entertainment tastes hardly gives you an excuse to dismiss the entire person. Judge people on their attitudes and how they treat one another, not on what their favorite TV show/movie/song is. Liking something silly or even a bit childish does not make you stupid any more than liking something "sophisticated" suddenly makes you an intellectual. Someone else liking what you don't isn't an excuse to run around and treat them like crap either.

Granted, I'm not saying people here are doing this, but it's a behavior pattern I see people fall into all too often.

#35 User is offline   Alkaren Hyralt 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2011 - 09:06 PM

View PostKrystal, on 07 May 2011 - 08:09 PM, said:

When you treat people like crud and call them creepy and completely lie about an establishment simply because they didn't live up to your 2D expectations, you definately deserve that title. It's like the title "weeaboo", or the traditional form of "otaku."

There are people who completely deserve those titles, and the rest of us get angry because "normal" people call ALL of us names because of those select few. However, I don't see how it is rude to call someone a neckbeard if they go asinine lengths to give off that impression.

EDIT: Not trying to be mean to you, by the way. I just believe that if people want to hurt others, they need to be prepared to get a bad name for it. If someone hates me for using the word "neckbeard", ok, but it is the best indicator of this behavior/personality I know.

That's a pretty silly argument you're trying to make. So you don't like rude anime fans, yet if you feel someone deserves to be called a derogatory name it's okay?

Sure seems hypocritical to me.
-Zac /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Drunken Otaku Syndicate Member - "This is what happens when you give me vodka that tastes like water!"

#36 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2011 - 09:13 PM

View PostAlkaren Hyralt, on 07 May 2011 - 09:06 PM, said:

That's a pretty silly argument you're trying to make. So you don't like rude anime fans, yet if you feel someone deserves to be called a derogatory name it's okay?

Sure seems hypocritical to me.

I don't see how it's hypocritical at all, really.

Maybe we have different definitions of rude, then? That would explain why we are disagreeing.

I believe that being rude is being hostile towards a person who doesn't deserve it. For example, the person who told the OP's brother to kill himself for liking Bleach? Rude as all getout.

I don't see how it is rude to refer to someone as a derogatory term if the first person has first EARNED that term.
Acen 2011: I lost my red kodak camera. If you found it, PLEASE contact me. I really miss it.

#37 User is offline   Beserkiera 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 3482

Posted 07 May 2011 - 09:43 PM

View PostKrystal, on 07 May 2011 - 09:13 PM, said:

I don't see how it's hypocritical at all, really.

Maybe we have different definitions of rude, then? That would explain why we are disagreeing.

I believe that being rude is being hostile towards a person who doesn't deserve it. For example, the person who told the OP's brother to kill himself for liking Bleach? Rude as all getout.

I don't see how it is rude to refer to someone as a derogatory term if the first person has first EARNED that term.

Sounds like this is another case of somebody telling it like it is. Thanks, Krystal! Keep it groovy. :happybday:

This post has been edited by Beserkiera: 07 May 2011 - 09:43 PM

#38 User is offline   Alkaren Hyralt 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2011 - 10:43 PM

View PostKrystal, on 07 May 2011 - 09:13 PM, said:

That sure is some circular logic.

So racist and other derogatory terms, such as those directed towards homosexuals are appropriate so long as they are acting like those terms/stereotypes?

That's like saying it's okay to call an autistic person retarded because they're behaving like one. How do you know these so called "neckbeards" do not have some sort of disorder that causes them to be socially awkward? It's not like our fandom doesn't have socially awkward people in it to start with, whether they have a disorder or not.

I'm not trying to start an argument, or a fight. I don't even think you and I are disagreeing really.

I was simply pointing out the irony and hypocrisy of complaining about rude people, and turning around and insulting people you don't even know. I'm not sure if our definition of "rude" is different or not, but I think insulting someone by using a derogatory term is a rude thing to do whether you feel they "deserve" it or not. You can justify insulting people however you want.

And that's all I really have to say on the subject.
-Zac /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

#39 User is offline   Beserkiera 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 07 May 2011 - 10:53 PM

Actually, mental retardation is a clinical term... calling an autistic person "mentally retarded" is in fact, politically correct. However, that argument has absolutely no connection to the claim Krystal made. In no way is calling someone a "neckbeard" any where near the severeness of calling someone "retarded" you're splitting hairs, sir. If you think you two agree so much, why are you arguing so hard as to pull out the retard card?

#40 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2011 - 11:15 PM

View PostAlkaren Hyralt, on 07 May 2011 - 10:43 PM, said:

That sure is some circular logic.

So racist and other derogatory terms, such as those directed towards homosexuals are appropriate so long as they are acting like those terms/stereotypes?

That's like saying it's okay to call an autistic person retarded because they're behaving like one. How do you know these so called "neckbeards" do not have some sort of disorder that causes them to be socially awkward? It's not like our fandom doesn't have socially awkward people in it to start with, whether they have a disorder or not.

I'm not trying to start an argument, or a fight. I don't even think you and I are disagreeing really.

I was simply pointing out the irony and hypocrisy of complaining about rude people, and turning around and insulting people you don't even know. I'm not sure if our definition of "rude" is different or not, but I think insulting someone by using a derogatory term is a rude thing to do whether you feel they "deserve" it or not. You can justify insulting people however you want.

And that's all I really have to say on the subject.

While I agree that circular logic is a huge logical fallacy, so is a weak analogy. In the terms of races, autistics and homosexuals, being so is not a choice; they were born that way and will never change. Also, no treated disorder causes people to go out with the sole purpose of insulting another. However, the term "neckbeard" or "weaboo" is not a politically incorrect slur; it is a term regarding someone's behavior. Like "jerk", or "a-hole."

It seems as though you are making mountains out of molehills by bringing up these slurs, because the examples you brought up have really nothing to do with the word I used. Trust me, if I used a discriminatory slur like you brought up, I would be very much in the wrong. However I did not, and never will, and until I do, your argument does not quite fit with your original intention. If the only way to prove someone wrong is by imposing a "what-if" scenario, it's hard to really use that as an argument if the person never actually brought that "what-if" into reality. Like I said. I used the term "neckbeard", which is ( as of today at least) EONS different than calling someone retarded or making fun of a homosexual.

And trust me, I know you're not starting a fight, but really, there is no harm in arguing as long as you remember not to lose respect for the person through the process (AKA I would never think of you any less for bringing this up). Arguing makes the world go round, really. I think I've made a few good points, but you made a good point as well for each of mine. I doubt there is even a clear winner in this, but it sure gives people something to think about.

This post has been edited by Krystal: 08 May 2011 - 11:44 AM

#41 User is offline   S1NN3R 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 11618
  • Location:Barrington, IL - US / London, England - UK )( Sector 7C

Posted 08 May 2011 - 02:00 AM

This thread has derailed from the original meaning/ purpose. When I started reading the posts, it seamed to be someone wanting to share experiences with a "type" of person. Then asking about our experiences. All in all, not a concept.

Yet, it's turned a 180. Derogatory remarks of ANY nature are NOT welcome on the forums. Acen is a safe and family friendly convention, as are their forums. If there are any questions, please refer to the Acen Rules and Guidelines or ask a MOD

With that in mind, I request we either get back to OP's intended topic or lock the thread.

"You'll never have any answers untill you ask the questions"
When people start asking, I'll answer.

Contact Me

Acens attended. 1998-2002, 04-06,08-Present

#42 User is offline   DarkMimi 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 38289

Posted 08 May 2011 - 03:54 AM

Yes, back on track before this poor thread gets locked and disappears from view never to be seen again?

Well there are certainly different types of rude fans in the anime world. I personally have only dealt with two types. The first type being someone who knows nothing of anime (beyond hentai they may have seen before) and ONLY think of it as being adult material. Now while this was mentioned somewhere before on this thread, mine is different simply because it's something I go through normally with my father. The man HATES anime, manga, video games.. etc. Basically every hobby I take interest in. He downs it constantly saying "oh how stupid is this stuff", "why are you wasting your money on this?" and my favorite "it's all brainwashing you" :thumbdown:

Away from my "daddy issues", is the second type of rudeness from actual fans. What I mean is someone feeling as if they have superiority because I haven't seen a certain anime yet or I can't say every line from a show that we're both watching. Am I fan like you? Yes. Do I really immerse myself in it? Sometimes, it depends on what I'm into at the time. There's no need to try to make me feel bad for liking the EXACT same thing and not being as into it as much as others.

2014 Cosplay Plans
Bioshock Infinite - Daisy Fitzroy (0% Completed)
Batman - Talia Al Gul (0% Completed)
Princess Peach: Military Style (0% Completed)

Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon X, and Borderlands 2
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel! HERE!!!
I <3 Friends Who Keep In Touch

#43 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 7072

Posted 08 May 2011 - 09:43 AM

View PostKrystal, on 06 May 2011 - 08:37 PM, said:

It was just some old neckbeard who was pissed that the event wasn't a bunch of loli's flashing their pantsu like in his precious animu. :( The world is not an anime, so DON'T get all butthurt at others whenever you rediscover this.

:< poor neck beard.....

*imagining him as a pirate X3*

"Yar! I, Neckbeard, is looking fer some loli booty"

XD
i've stopped posting links in my siggy due to degradation of the internet 5/23/12

#44 User is offline   Beserkiera 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:31 AM

Since Jack Sparrow's ship is called "The Black Pearl" would Neck Beard's ship be called the "Black.....

Nevermind, not gunna go there.

Yar. :pirate2:

#45 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:35 AM

View PostTekoMuto, on 08 May 2011 - 09:43 AM, said:

:< poor neck beard.....

*imagining him as a pirate X3*

"Yar! I, Neckbeard, is looking fer some loli booty"

XD

View PostBeserkiera, on 08 May 2011 - 10:31 AM, said:

Since Jack Sparrow's ship is called "The Black Pearl" would Neck Beard's ship be called the "Black.....

Nevermind, not gunna go there.

Yar. :pirate2:

... *_* This is the opposit of what I wanted.

SO. I think one of my least favorite anime fans are ones who feel the need to criticize EVERYTHING in the real world that is not like an anime. Better? I just feel as though it is rude to compare cosplayers, or significant others, or even a best friend to something from a cartoon! We cannot compete with them, so don't give us flack for it.

#46 User is offline   Animexcel 

• Production Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 80

Posted 08 May 2011 - 11:40 AM

I could only think of this one time at the anime club, some new guy came in wanting to watch GTO all the time. We watched anime in subtitles and he would mock the Japanese language. It was irritating.
ACen Mascot Artist

#47 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 08 May 2011 - 08:49 PM

Everyone who say so and so cosplay/anime is horrible to the point that it should 'die in a fire.' I am finding people who actually feel this way at cons and express it openingly. I thought this was only towards some experience I got from /cgl/ without sounding butthurt, because I haven't met people who straight up say they hate so and so anime with a passion but it's there.

Example: People who judge Hetalia, PSG, or Kuro just because it's popular and they don't have their said cosplay series cosplayed to go fantasize or whatever. Or they find a few bad apples and then think everyone from the fandom is the same way just because they are not interested in said fandom. There are bad apples in all fandoms so it gets really annoying when a jerk anime fan says 'hetalia sucks I hate it because there are too many big girls who only want to see their yaoi acted out111!!!!' because they want to see more girls who were nothing like Yoko from Gurren who fit their style of girl, (there is only bad cosplay for my favorite anime or video game!)

It's bad because if anything is popular you are bound to find a ton of people like this in a horrible circle. Reminds me of the time there was tons of Sailor moon, Eva, One piece, and Bleach cosplayers everywhere and people complained about that.

I am trying to deal with people like this with a grain of salt and a lot of patience. I can understand their blight if you see like 20 mikus but instead of complaining I don't get why don't they just do something about it? Makes more sense.

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 08 May 2011 - 08:51 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#48 User is offline   Millions_Knives 

• Masquerade Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 8636

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:14 AM

~sigh~ya know mods
this had flame war written all over it day one
want to learn about cosplay materials? click here->my youtube cosplay tips and tricks<-click here

#49 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 7072

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:28 AM

"Yar! I, Neckbeard, scourge of the seven shota seas, crave justice with them sass'talkers whom hunt with devil red eyes upon the waters of 'them whoist partake in rolly polly loli issues"
i've stopped posting links in my siggy due to degradation of the internet 5/23/12

#50 User is offline   SJAkarma22 

• Akwardly Insane
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59852

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:30 AM

Ok- Being on topic. I used to know an anime fan who, if you would say something trying to explain anything about any anime, she would have to one up you, say your wrong, and always have the last say one the topic/be right.

What I'm saying is the rude anime fan who knows all and doesn't have any research/won't look it up, even if you do they are still right is annoying!

This post has been edited by SJAkarma22: 09 May 2011 - 07:42 AM

As long as there is Trust, there is Betrayal
I will lay at your feet while you rule the world

CONLIST:
ANIME CENTRAL April 27-29 2012-ANIME DETOUR June 30 -July 1 2012

#51 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:54 AM

View PostSJAkarma22, on 09 May 2011 - 07:30 AM, said:

Ok- Being on topic. I used to know an anime fan who, if you would say something trying to explain anything about any anime, she would have to one up you, say your wrong, and always have the last say one the topic/be right.

What I'm saying is the rude anime fan who knows all and doesn't have any research/won't look it up, even if you do they are still right is annoying!

Have her have a debate about me with Russiamerica. Due to me being a taurus, thus stubborn, I will flood her with proof on how it can work to the point she will just go back to kiddy stuff like 'nuuu nuuu nuuu~~~~~!!!!'

I can't defend everything on both sides though because of lack of knowledge like KH pairings or KH in general.

Knives: Yeah I know; the forums are starting to bring in more and more flame wars for some reason.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#52 User is offline   Washu Takahashi 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 56275

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:39 AM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 08 May 2011 - 08:49 PM, said:

Everyone who say so and so cosplay/anime is horrible to the point that it should 'die in a fire.' I am finding people who actually feel this way at cons and express it openingly. I thought this was only towards some experience I got from /cgl/ without sounding butthurt, because I haven't met people who straight up say they hate so and so anime with a passion but it's there.

Example: People who judge Hetalia, PSG, or Kuro just because it's popular and they don't have their said cosplay series cosplayed to go fantasize or whatever. Or they find a few bad apples and then think everyone from the fandom is the same way just because they are not interested in said fandom. There are bad apples in all fandoms so it gets really annoying when a jerk anime fan says 'hetalia sucks I hate it because there are too many big girls who only want to see their yaoi acted out111!!!!' because they want to see more girls who were nothing like Yoko from Gurren who fit their style of girl, (there is only bad cosplay for my favorite anime or video game!)

It's bad because if anything is popular you are bound to find a ton of people like this in a horrible circle. Reminds me of the time there was tons of Sailor moon, Eva, One piece, and Bleach cosplayers everywhere and people complained about that.

I am trying to deal with people like this with a grain of salt and a lot of patience. I can understand their blight if you see like 20 mikus but instead of complaining I don't get why don't they just do something about it? Makes more sense.

I completely agree with this. Personally, I've always liked Naruto. I've never obsessed over it or anything, but it sucks when you like something and everyone else is like "WHAT?! You like THAT?! You must be (insert rude comment here)" The kinds of fans I hate the most are the ones who haven't seen an anime, but feel like they can talk crap about it. It's like, really? I don't understand everyone's obsession with Hetalia, so to try and figure it out I got the first volume of the manga (which I didn't really care for because of the comic strip style...I like manga that seem to go more on a broad overall story than tiny fragments of stories...maybe the anime is better? No clue) But I'd never say I hate ___ when I haven't even seen/read it. You shouldn't bash something just because it's popular. Give it a chance and actually have valid reasons if you dislike something, not stupid reasons like "So and so likes it, and I don't like them, so it must be stupid" -_-

Anyways...yeah. Don't like those people. (end rant)
ACen 2014 Schedule
Friday: Meloetta [Pokemon]
Saturday: Umi Ryuuzaki [Magic Knight Rayearth]
Sunday: Sytry Cartwright Demon Attire [Devils and Realist]

Add me on Facebook! Washu Takashi Cosplay

#53 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:03 AM

Washu Takahashi: The style of Hetalia is similar to K-on, Lucky star, Haruhi, and a lot of others; they play it like a light novel in manga form due to the busy pace of Japan. So the panels are something quick to read and yet funny. They do follow a plot though; the K-on talks about the girls in the club and Hetalia talks about WWII and the interactions of the personifications of countries and what the countries are about as a whole.

I used to call it 'lazy manga ka.'

For some reason when I type the forums change it.

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 10 May 2011 - 10:04 AM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#54 User is offline   Washu Takahashi 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:39 AM

Yeah...trying reading the first Hetalia and Haruhi, not really my thing xD Tried watching a few eps of Haruhi and Lucky Star, couldn't get into them xD I know they have plots and I'm not trying to offend anyone, but eh, not my personal preference. But to each their own, and have fun cosplaying America/Switzerland :D
ACen 2014 Schedule

#55 User is offline   Miyu-chan 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 23002

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:13 AM

View PostDarkMimi, on 08 May 2011 - 03:54 AM, said:

Yes, back on track before this poor thread gets locked and disappears from view never to be seen again?

Well there are certainly different types of rude fans in the anime world. I personally have only dealt with two types. The first type being someone who knows nothing of anime (beyond hentai they may have seen before) and ONLY think of it as being adult material. Now while this was mentioned somewhere before on this thread, mine is different simply because it's something I go through normally with my father. The man HATES anime, manga, video games.. etc. Basically every hobby I take interest in. He downs it constantly saying "oh how stupid is this stuff", "why are you wasting your money on this?" and my favorite "it's all brainwashing you" :thumbdown:

Away from my "daddy issues", is the second type of rudeness from actual fans. What I mean is someone feeling as if they have superiority because I haven't seen a certain anime yet or I can't say every line from a show that we're both watching. Am I fan like you? Yes. Do I really immerse myself in it? Sometimes, it depends on what I'm into at the time. There's no need to try to make me feel bad for liking the EXACT same thing and not being as into it as much as others.

Ahh, that first example. It's become less and less now, but back in Middle School, I was ALWAYS asked "Is that a porn?" whenever I had any kind of manga. I had a kid trying to tell me that Naruto was a porn. I did know that hentai existed, and I always assumed that what he was referring to.

On another note, the fans that think if you dont watch *insert anime here* then you're not a true anime fan. Another story: I have a good friend of mine who was never able to get into Hetalia. I was perfectly fine with this, because I've never been a fan of some of the shows she likes. But, there was another friend of hers online that told her, "If you don't like Hetalia, then you're not a true anime fan."
Cosplay plans for ACen 2014:

????????

#56 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:44 AM

View PostWashu Takahashi, on 10 May 2011 - 10:39 AM, said:

Yeah...trying reading the first Hetalia and Haruhi, not really my thing xD Tried watching a few eps of Haruhi and Lucky Star, couldn't get into them xD I know they have plots and I'm not trying to offend anyone, but eh, not my personal preference. But to each their own, and have fun cosplaying America/Switzerland :D

Curious on what do you like? I like everything I read/seen with the exception of:

High school of the dead (I like zombies despite being overdone but the panty shots/cheesecake is annoying. Important part/people talking and suddenly you seen cameltoe for no reason. I read the first novel and barely got through it.)

Ninja scroll resurrection (Had no plot and it was mostly just guro.)

Funny thing is you don't see me going: "OMG WHY do you like this sucky anime/manga it's just cliched with Zombies and full of double standard fail! Go play Resident evil or whatever!" I mostly keep it in my head or the down low on what I don't like in terms of anime/manga series in particular.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#57 User is offline   Washu Takahashi 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 10 May 2011 - 12:29 PM

The Fujoshi - Messaged you an answer cause it was ridiculously long and off topic xD

I completely agree with not going around saying anime/manga other people like is stupid, etc. It's just rude. I think the only time I ever said something like that to someone was when they started it with me. If you repetitively bash the anime I like when I'm just trying to explain what it's about/why I like it, expect to have your anime bashed even worse once I lose my patience for you.
ACen 2014 Schedule

#58 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:59 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 09 May 2011 - 07:54 AM, said:

Yeah I know; the forums are starting to bring in more and more flame wars for some reason.

I've REALLY been noticing this too.

I'm assuming either;

A. Just a cycle, and the trolls will get bored.
B. Eventually, the veterans who are used to these forums being like a family will leave, and then people will really see how mean these forums get and a big change will be made, or
C. People will actually start enforcing civility and niceness like they used to.

But kinda on the whole "rudeness" aspect of this thread, it's getting harder and harder these days to hold people accountable for their actions, because nobody wants to feel like the bad guy. Actually, the ONLY people who don't mind being the bad guy are the actual bad guys, so they do whatever they want and everyone else just lets it slide. It's just kind of something happening everywhere.

#59 User is offline   Santa Finland 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59766

Posted 10 May 2011 - 05:18 PM

View PostMiyu-chan, on 06 May 2011 - 10:48 AM, said:

My friends Dustin gave him a puzzled look and responded with, "Yeah...it's still Bleach..." and UNDER HIS BREATH this guy responds with,
"...Just go kill yourself..."
He left a few minutes afterward, but Dustin was STEAMED. I couldn't believe that anyone would have the nerve to say that!

Wow, just wow. Other than such hate coming from such a minor thing that really bothers me. It's never okay to encourage someone to commit suicide, you can't tell who has depression just by looking at them. I've been suicidal in the past so that why that bothers me so much.

The only rude story I can recall at the time was this jerk at Kawa. He asked me who I was cosplaying and I said Finland from Hetalia. He went on this huge rant on how Hetalia is the "dumbest thing ever" and all the fans were screaming yaoi girls. I just walked away from him, there's a reason he didn't have any friends with him.
ACen 2014 Cosplays:
flapper!fem!America (Hetalia - Original design)
maid!Nitori (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club)
Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan)
Lara Croft (Tomb Raider 2013)

#60 User is offline   {ON1}Atakusbaki{CN1} 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 60073

Posted 10 May 2011 - 06:39 PM

View PostSanta Finland, on 10 May 2011 - 05:18 PM, said:

The only rude story I can recall at the time was this jerk at Kawa. He asked me who I was cosplaying and I said Finland from Hetalia. He went on this huge rant on how Hetalia is the "dumbest thing ever" and all the fans were screaming yaoi girls. I just walked away from him, there's a reason he didn't have any friends with him.

He obviously has never heard of keeping your mouth shut if you have nothing good to say. If he did have friends like you said thats the reason he doesn't anymore.

The rudest comment I've heard from an anime fan was sadly from my friend's dad. He went along with us to amke. There was a guy who was cosplaying as Kenpachi from bleach ,but he had a hollow mask he made and a sword he made. I personally thought it looked really good and I could tell he put some effort into it. After I got done taking a picture with the guy and he leaves my friend's dad goes " Why would you take a picture of such a crappy cosplay?". I was kind of shocked he said something like that because hes like always nice. I told him that it wasn't "crappy" and his costume was actually very accurate and it looked great. The rest of the night was very repetitive so we ended up ditching him.
Ridin' solo @ acen like that annoying song on the radio.
<3 arcade fire

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users